Osceola Golf Course

Greens Tifton Hybrid Bermuda
Architect Bill Melhorn

Credit Cards Accepted None

Excellent golf Course

This is my first time playing this golf course, and on Thursday. The golf course is pretty busy from 7 to 11:30 in the morning... The pro shop staff told me that there's been a league going on every Thursday for over 20 years. So try not to play there during those days and hours.
Over all we had a good time, and yes I would recommend this golf course to any level of golf course.

Fun course

I enjoy the unconventional layout at Osceola. This was my second time playing here and it didn't disappoint. We played a late twilight rate for $20 after 4pm and it is well worth it. Several groups on the course but the pace of play was very good - no waiting whatsoever. The fairways and greens are in good condition too, especially for a muni. My one criticism is the multiple varieties of grass on the greens have different growth rates which leads to inconsistent rolls. A more frequent cutting routine on the greens coupled with the course acquiring rolling machines and I would put this course up against several of the better courses in the Pensacola area given its current condition.

Great public course

I enjoy this course. The greens are very consistent. It is a fun course.

Would play again

We were looking for a decent course with a good price. We found it. The greens were in very good shape for a municipal course. Fairways were good. There were some rough spots here and there. But that’s part of a municipal course. Staff was great! Very accommodating to my handicapped father. Course is fairly open and gives you a chance to get out of trouble. Would definitely recommend if you’re playing here in late June or early July.

Pleasant Surprise 1st Visit

First time playing Osceola. Pleasant surprise! Best of all-- greens are in great condition and extremely forgiving. Sunk a 26-foot putt for par on Number-03. Putts actually travel true on these greens. Course overall has nice undulations, forgiving fairways, and enough challenges-- trees, sand, water features. Staff VERY friendly even to this GolfNOW reservation-- me (which isn't always the case, so... THANK YOU!).

Nice little course

I played with my father in law while in Perdido key we played three courses while we were there and this was my second favorite the front nine is very challenging on hole 6-8 some. I really enjoyed it. The back nine is much easier with wide fairways!

Can we get a marshall?

I was skeptical of this course after reading reviews regarding the slow pace of play. One of my golfing buddies convinced me it was worth playing so I agreed against my better judgement. The reviews regarding the slow pace of play are spot on. Our foursome followed a slow fivesome the entire track beginning at the first tee. They never once offered to let us play through and by the time they walked off the 18th green I could count two other foursomes and two twosomes behind us from 18 back to the 17th tee. We normally play in 3:30, but today we went through the round in 4:30 - made for a frustrating round. This course is in severe need of a marshall.

Now to the positives: an uncommon front nine going out in 34 that made for an interesting introduction to the round for my first visit. The back 9 was a 36 coming in and a fair layout. I will say the course is rather short from the whites, and the back tee blues were much farther. I enjoyed the option to hit long irons or a fairway wood off several of the Par 4's, and even most the Par 5's didn't require a driver. The condition was typical of a municipal, small greens that were fairly slow and a bit bumpy, with some deadpan areas and evidence of players with poor etiquette who don't control their temper on the greens with putter chunks taken in anger. The fairways were in similar comparison, with the length of the rough mostly indistinguishable from the fairways. I may return to this course, but after speaking with some other guests at the course the consensus is the slow pace is mainly a morning issue and the course normally empties after noon.

Great Place to Play

Adrian Stills continues his great career by creating a wonderful home for Pensacola golfers and the youth!

Well done to entire team and all the folks with Northwest Florida First Tee.

As expected

This is a municipal course so we knew it wouldn't be meticulously groomed. But the staff were friendly, the tee boxes were level and grassy, and the greens were in good shape with a few exceptions. Pace of play was great, we finished 18 in about 3.5 hours.

Friendly staff

Staff very accommodating and friendly
Course was nice for the money

Stay away....far away!

Worst conditioned course I've played in a least 20 years. Greens slow, bumpy. full of sand patches. Tee boxes uncut, not level, shabby. Fairways are grass-less hardpan Rough is non-existent. Quirky layout. MIke Sullivan, pro shop employee, assured me before the round that course conditions were 9.5 out of 10. What an absolute joke! Would not play this cow pasture ever again. On a positive note: Clubhouse is an impressive structure but should be sold with proceeds spent on course improvement. This course is years away from being playable.

Great deal

Played at noon on a hot deal! Well worth it to play this fun muni. Layout was good. I had to work the ball both ways off the tee which is always a nice change. Can’t best the deal. Greens weren’t fast but weren’t crazy slow either. Yes there were dry spots and the bunkers weren’t perfect but I played 18 with my son riding in the cart in under 2 hours!

Perfect muni!

Good value but rude staff. No coolers or cart girl on course after 12

I played here for the first time and found out quickly there's not a cart girl after 12. That's fine but without any water coolers on the course that becomes a problem in the heat of the day. You can't bring any fluids from home on the course either. If you go in the clubhouse they urge you to order something that doesn't take long to fix and discourage the basically most of the menu. Not sure if I can go back without breaking the drink rule and bring a Gatorade out there. I like the course but not the clubhouse

Cantonment, Florida
3.8519117647
Gulf Breeze, Florida

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.