A hole that can be tough on a windy day at Summerfield Crossings Golf Club

Style Links

Summerfield Crossings Golf Club is a fun Scottish links style championship golf course designed by Ronald Garl. There are many moguls and palm trees that come into play throughout the course. Summerfield Crossings Golf Club has wide, gently rolling fairways, but do not underestimate the challenge. You must keep the ball on target thanks to pot bunkers, waste areas and small, undulating greens. The signature hole is No. 6, a 171-yard, par 3 that calls for a carry over water to a small peninsula green. Summerfield Crossings Golf Club has a wide, gently rolling fairways.

Summerfield Crossings Golf Club

Year Built 1987
Fairways Winter Rye
Greens Tifdwarf Grass
Architect Ron Garl (1987)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Inner Circle Golf Academy"

Dress code No denim. Collared shirts.

Snacks, Restaurant

Clubhouse

19th Hole Specials 9

Nice

Course was in decent condition and the greens were good. Had a blast playing even though it was a bit challenging. Will be back.

Good Course

Greens were not in great shape but not many other courses greens are good lately either..... Worth a round if the price is under $30

Commented on 10/27/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Summerfield Crossings Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Decent reack

Played fast for 15 house then ran into a lady’s tournament otherwise ok pace

Commented on 10/22/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Summerfield Crossings Golf Club!

Commented on 10/15/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing Summerfield Crossings Golf Club.

Summerfield is Summefield

Great staff.. got out on time....pace of play was good...course in great shape considering all the rain we have gotten

Commented on 10/13/2020

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Summerfield Crossings Golf Club!

Near the house

Like playing Summerfield because I can take the back roads to get there and avoid the AM traffic for the most part. Starter is truly a professional and very friendly. Love the fact that there are minimum concrete cart paths so cart path only becomes rough only when it is extremely wet.....

Commented on 10/12/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Summerfield Crossings Golf Club thanks you!

Summerfield

This is a nice, friendly, and courteous staff club. Today the pace of play was very good and the overall course conditions were very good. If your looking for a challenging course that won't destroy your love of the game then this is the place for you.

Commented on 10/05/2020

Decent for the $

Haven’t played here in a while and it was a little rough. Some tee boxes, fairways and greens need some attention to get back in shape. Cannot complain with only paying $21 and I do enjoy the layout. A little extra maintenance and it would be solid.

Commented on 09/24/2020

Commented on 09/21/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 09/21/2020

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Summerfield Crossings Golf Club.

Commented on 09/22/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you for choosing Summerfield Crossings Golf Club. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time!

Commented on 09/11/2020

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing with us!

Get what you pay for

Got an extremely cheap hotdeal so can't complain there. Course is not in good condition. Greens are awful. I can live with that, but starting 15 mins after our tee time and getting stuck behind a tournament was not acceptable. Slowest round I've ever played. Need better course management, I don't care how cheap the round was. My suggestion, pay the extra $20 and find a course in better shape and ran right.

Commented on 09/11/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Summerfield Crossings Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Not the best condition...

The course is in bad shape. I'd blame the rain because most of the course was soaking wet, but the greens were very spotty and coarse. Not sure you can blame the rain for that... $32 was too much for this condition...I'm glad I didn't pay $40 or I'd really feel ripped off.

Commented on 09/11/2020

Rude staff, priced too high

Prices too high for course. Surrounded by nicer courses with much fairer pricing. Every day is mats only on range. Staff only cares about their league play, and turns away paying customers, even hours before league start. Has happened more than once. Instructor there has been seen yelling at people on range, during a lesson, carriage 2 kids in a cart at once, and leading Toni e of the kids falling out of moving cart on pavement. Just a crazy place.

Commented on 09/22/2020

Thank you for leaving us with your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience was anything short of 5 stars but we hope you'll give us another try in the future.

A Great Course - Great Value for the Price

Quickly becoming my favorite golf course in the Tampa area. The price is better than some of the better known courses. Yet, this is the best golf course per round that I've played in Florida. I need to clarify. I've only played at nine courses in FL and it's the best. In fact, I played here 2 times this month.

You have to be prepared for a lot of uphill and downhill, although slight, shots. The greens are some of the best. Watch out for the numerous bunkers. I have attached a picture of their signature hole. (Subliminal message: "Pay for me and I'll come." End of subliminal message!) Seriously, you'll enjoy this fine course.

Commented on 09/22/2020

Wow, we are so glad to hear how much you love it here! Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Summerfield Crossings Golf Club.

Commented on 08/24/2020

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Summerfield Crossings Golf Club.

Commented on 08/17/2020

long

6300+ yards from black tees, at 77 years of age, just a little bit out of my comfort zone, but gold tees at 5700+ a little short. Heat got the best of us, didn't play all that well, a couple of strokes over my ghin index. Lots of gnats early in the AM, gnats in this area are common, we will return when the temp drops some

Commented on 08/17/2020

Commented on 08/10/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Summerfield Crossings Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Ruskin, Florida