A hole that can be tough on a windy day at Summerfield Crossings Golf Club

Style Links

Summerfield Crossings Golf Club is a fun Scottish links style championship golf course designed by Ronald Garl. There are many moguls and palm trees that come into play throughout the course. Summerfield Crossings Golf Club has wide, gently rolling fairways, but do not underestimate the challenge. You must keep the ball on target thanks to pot bunkers, waste areas and small, undulating greens. The signature hole is No. 6, a 171-yard, par 3 that calls for a carry over water to a small peninsula green. Summerfield Crossings Golf Club has a wide, gently rolling fairways.

Summerfield Crossings Golf Club

Year Built 1987
Fairways Winter Rye
Greens Tifdwarf Grass
Architect Ron Garl (1987)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Inner Circle Golf Academy"

Dress code No denim. Collared shirts.

Snacks, Restaurant

Clubhouse

19th Hole Specials 9

Enjoyable Day

My wife and I had a enjoyable day playing Summerfield golf course today.

Very pleasant round.

I've played this course before, and was pleased to proceed rapidly through the holes. Nice.

Commented on 07/09/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Summerfield Crossings Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon!

Commented on 07/01/2020

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Summerfield Crossings Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Greens where rough

the greens where very rough even around the greens weren't cut right. The fairways where good.

Commented on 06/18/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

The course was in great shape and the staff was very friendly.

bnd

Greens are in terrible shape

Greens are in terrible shape - def. not worth the $45 this time. Hope they get the course back in shape.

Would not recommend at this time.

Course in bad shape

Played yesterday at 4:22p and it wasn’t worth the $27 we paid. Greens were is very bad shape! Tee boxes had lots of sand and turtle shell like. Definitely not worth paying over $25 in the morning. Course is really lacking maintenance. Won’t be back for at least 6mos.

U get what u pay for

Summerfield has always been an average at best golf course. The greens had recently been punched. Very little grass to begin with. Not a lot of grass on the fairways. First out so pace of play was good.
Golf now at a reduced price. Good value.

Commented on 05/07/2020

Great course for the money!

Scored a good deal on Golf Now to play this nice little course. Had a great time, weather was amazing and it was well worth the drive up from Bradenton.

Commented on 05/07/2020

Thank you for your review and for coming to visit us! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your round. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Summerfield Crossings Golf Club. We hope to have you back again in the future!

Poor greens

Greens in poor condition. They have been recently aerated in effort to improve them. But the surface has sections of missing grass and other Deformities from poor maintenance They were dry and hard.

Nice place to play when your in the Brandon area

We wanted a change from Apollo Beach, or Cypress Creek or Buffalo Creek and a friend suggested Summerfield. It was very quite, I loved the attitude of the staff, they were exceptionally friendly, especially a grounds keeper named Buck. The course was nice, but it does need some updating and better maintenance . But overall it was a very nice course that I will return to again.

Commented on 05/05/2020

Thank you for your review and feedback!. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Summerfield Crossings Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Commented on 05/05/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Summerfield Crossings Golf Club! We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 04/22/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Summerfield Crossings Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

GREAT DAY !!!

I love this course for its quirkiness. Its an old Scottish links feel. The way golf was intended to be. It is far from plush and perfect like the country clubs. What it lacks there it more then makes up for in character/layout. I played the golds and it was a fun challenge - pulled out almost all the clubs at one time or another. There are some VERY tough holes - and even the "easy" holes are well protected by severe undulations or smallish narrow greens. We each had our own cart because of COVID, and pace of play was WAY better then if we paired up !!! Plus with your own cart you get to concentrate on your game better. Courses should go to single carts for good !! We will be Back :)

Commented on 04/13/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We hope to have you back again soon at Summerfield Crossings Golf Club!

Staff suck they don’t know how to deal with people

Commented on 04/17/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We are sorry to hear your experience did not meet your expectations; however, the way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for visiting Summerfield Crossings Golf Club. We hope you give us another try in the future.

Course needs work

I do really like the course layout and almost all of the holes. Clubhouse and staff are good. It just needs a little bit more work with maintaining the course. The greens were pretty bad and fairways/rough weren't quite better. I know it's been dry lately, but these are the fastest greens and fairways I've played of late.

Commented on 04/14/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Course in terrible condition

There was nobody on the course and I can see why. It was like hitting it out of a sand trap for half of your shots. Very tight course. Could be a great course of they pumped some money into maintain there grass. Very disappointed.

Shut it down!

I can’t believe I was charged $47 to “play” on this course. It isn’t really a course but more like a goat pasture with flags stuck in the ground periodically. This truly was the worst golf course I have ever played on in my life! For credibility purposes, I am a manager at one the top high end golf resorts in Florida. I am also a 2 handicap so I know a thing or two about golf courses. I can honestly say that the land would be better used for something else. It really was in that bad of shape. A $10 greens fee would be acceptable. Sorry to the course but these statements are fact and not an opinion. The course conditions are beyond brutal.

Great challenging course.

Drier than usual but enjoy the layout of the course and friendly staff. Thanks Jason

Commented on 03/24/2020

Hi, Larry! We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Summerfield Crossings Golf Club!

Ruskin, Florida