Type Private
Governors Towne Club

Year Built 2004
Fairways Bermuda
Architect Curtis Strange (2004) Michael Riley (2004)

Caddies Yes

Entertaining Clients 15

Slightly over priced.

Course has a great, open layout. Fairly straight and forward. Bunkers appear to be in good shape, some Greens need some attention. Staff didn’t seem like they were having the best of days aside from the gentleman at the checkout desk. The course certainly isn’t close to the conditions you see in the pictures. I’d say it’s on the same level as Cobblestone right down the road, cobblestone having a much more friendly staff. I personally wouldn’t pay over $55 on a week day or $65 for weekend for a round here. Aside from the enormous community building, it’s on par with most of the upper end public courses I’ve played.

Amazing shape after a hard rain.

Upon arrival, the staff was courteous and friendly as always. From the young men at bag drop to the personnel in the pro shop, they were top notch. It had poured, bad storms the night before, so I was stunned when they said carts were 90 degree rule. I was completely expecting CP only. The course was in unbelievable shape considering the previous night's rain. No standing water anywhere, not even in the low areas or the bunkers. There were times you could here the dampness under the cart's tires, but that didn't affect play at all. The other great thing, was the greens had vern airated, probably 2 weeks or so I would guess, but they were still fast and true and it did not affect your putting line or the putt itself. I dare say Governors Towne Club is about the best deal on GolfNow, and I will be back often!

Good time

Course is in good condition. Greens roll true and have good pace. It rained so they were slower than normal. Overall I would recommend to anyone looking for a nice course, especially for the hot deal price.

Birthday outing

Excellent staff. Amenities sre nice. Free range. Course wasnt in bad shape and we got a deal for 65 dollars. But greans where slow! I would of been really disappointed if i would of paid full price. If u havent played it its good to play. Overall its a solid course. But i would pay 100 dollars to play it

Awesome Course but the members are rude and inconsiderate

The course is extremely enjoyable to play. Always in good condition and can be challenging (depending on the tees you play from).

I always make sure to take advantage of the opportunity to play this track since it is typically not open to the public. However, my group encountered an extremely rude and inconsiderate member playing behind us. We were a group of 3 playing behind a twosome. We stayed on the twosome all day and even had to wait on them starting around the 9th (tough long par three with water down the right). When we got to the 10th tee (after stopping to grab a drink at the turn) the twosome had not yet teed off, they were waiting on the group in front of them to clear the green (#10 is a short drive-able par 4 - under 300 yards from the tips). When the group/member behind us got to the tee and we were still there they were not happy and started to make rude/inappropriate comments and tried to rush us off. By the time we got to the green the pro was driving towards us (the member behind us went in and complained). The pro realized the group in front us us was still waiting on the next tee and there was no where for us to go. He came back a few minutes later and lets us know we were not the problem (which we already knew) and that it was a group 2-3 holes ahead of us backing up the course (we didn't mind because the pace of play was still pretty good). He apologized for the member behind us.

If the course is going to open up to public play they need to educate their members and ensure the experience is enjoyable for everyone.

Poor course conditions

For the price, this course was not in good enough shape. The fairways were really beat up and the greens were in decent shape, not great by any means. Played a course today for half the price and the greeens were perfect. Not sure what’s going on with this once awesome club.

The Greens are Slick

Fun course to play. Enough forgiveness off the tee for a high handicapper to survive. Good iron play and short play is a must.

The fairway and tee boxes weren't exactly what I was expecting, but that was probably due to the long winter and wetter than average spring.

Wonderful Wednesday

Had a marvelous time at Governors Town Club. Greens putted true/ fast but fringe was dead and needed work. Condition of course otherwise was perfect. Great layout and place to treat oneself when needing a special day.

Excellent

Wonderful day of golf. Very nice course. Private course most of the time, but occasional availability on golfnow. Highly recommend.

great track

Course is in good shape for April. Greens were very fast and difficult. Repair your ball marks and fill your divots please. This is one of the best tracks in metro atlanta. Impressive clubhouse set to open in May.

Top 10er

if this course is not in your top ten, I cannot omagine where you are playing.
And the money is just a BONUS.
Played with my 2 sons, chamber of commerce weather, and truly "a best day ever"

Get it while you can..

I have to assume the only reason I was able to play was it's off season and the open it to the public. It's in seasonal transition so the fairways and tees are not pristine l, but the greens were awesome.. and super quick. Awesome layout.

Would love to play it again.. at any price.

Great course, but greens completely unforgiving

Very nice course layout, facilities, etc. The one major issue was the greens...they simply did not hold good iron shots (even wedge shots...not a single ball mark to fix all day) and they were so fast that they were really too much for amature golfers.

Lightning fast greens

Course is in great shape. Greens are almost too difficult. Extremely hard to land on the greens and stay on the green. Had one shot out of the bunker just barely missed the hole ball rolled very slow and then just kept going and going and going, ending up in the pond. Hard to get any putt to get close to the hole, let alone go in. But all and all a fine venue. I will be back after my wounds and my pride heal up a bit.

Great course layout with excellent greens

This is a great course with excellent conditioning. Loved the super fast greeens. The practice facility it top notch. Highly reocommend this course. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Can’t wait to ply it again

Love this course

Great layout the greens are prefect. Just need the Weather to warm up so the fairways start to grow in.

Acworth, Georgia
Acworth, Georgia
Cartersville, Georgia
Kennesaw, Georgia
Cartersville, Georgia
4.2190529412

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.