Windermere Golf Club

Type Private
Love 71 6592 yards 71.8 137
Scorecard for Windermere Golf Club
Black M: 72.9/138 446 233 497 387 163 414 159 428 533 3260 382 222 411 403 569 418 457 178 505 3545 6805
Love M: 71.6/136 420 184 497 387 163 414 159 404 533 3161 382 191 411 403 569 418 407 145 505 3431 6592
Blue M: 70.1/134 W: 76.7/141 420 184 480 355 143 388 141 404 496 3011 346 191 393 365 539 395 407 145 491 3272 6283
White M: 67.5/126 W: 72.8/133 381 160 477 326 121 310 106 370 460 2711 304 139 295 327 494 361 357 123 421 2821 5532
Silver M: 65.9/121 W: 71.0/130 381 114 416 326 121 310 106 319 428 2521 304 139 295 283 494 361 293 123 421 2713 5234
Green M: 63.5/114 W: 67.6/120 282 114 416 218 101 291 81 319 428 2250 254 117 274 283 448 292 293 113 311 2385 4635

Year Built 2000
Architect Davis Love III (2000)

Caddies Yes

Dress code Proper golf attire.

Fun Course with beautiful views

Windermere is a challenging course with lots of fun and challenging holes.

The greens were just recently aerated and sanded (only one or two days ago). When I made my tee time, I was not told of the condition of the greens. I was not even told when I checked into the pro shop. The only way I knew the greens had been aerated and sanded was when I went to the practice green and saw the condition. Then I was told the greens were aerated and sanded and the course was cart path only. I expected the course to be cart path only because we have received so much rain the past week, but I do expect to be told the greens are in terrible condition for playing. I know aerating is necessary and helpful, I just expect to be told when I make a tee time so I can choose to play the course or select a different course.

Having said the negative about the greens,

Overall, the course was in very good shape. There were several bunkers where all the sand had been washed away from the edges of the bunkers do to all the rain we have received over the prior week. Not a problem. There is noting which can be done about that. I expect things like that when I choose to play after lots of rain.

All the people with whom I interacted were very friendly and courteous. I just wish I had been told about the condition of the greens and the fact just one or two days before the greens had been aerated and sanded.

Great course and lots of fun.

Georgia Advisor

Beautiful course and challenging layout

Windermere is a challenging course with a fun and challenging layout. The greens have lots of undulations and are fast and very firm. The greens were recently sanded and hence were VERY firm.

The course was in great shape, but needed a little water as most of the fairways, along with the greens were VERY firm with lots or run-out.

All the people with whom I interacted were very friendly and courteous. The practice area was nice, but nothing spectacular. However, the course was in great condition and well maintained. I love the layout of the course. It has lots of elevation changes and lots of very pretty and challenging golf holes. I love to play Windermere whenever I can. Great course and lots of fun.

Georgia Advisor

Awesome course and in Great condigion

This was my first time playing Windermere C.C. I must say, I loved the course and I will definitely be back. The course was in GREAT shape, the greens rolled smooth and true, even though you could tell they were punched a couple weeks ago. The greens were fast and smooth. The condition of the course was great.

There are lots of elevation changes with some beautiful golf holes. There was wildlife on the course (several deer and turkeys on a few holes)I .

The person in the club house was great and very friendly and helpful. I could not have asked for a better experience other than the weather (it rained on holes 17 and 18). I would highly recommend to play Windermere.

Atlanta Advisor

Windermere has stepped up its game!

I would have never given this course a poor review based on its course conditions prior to this round, however, they have recently made improvements over the past year that has taken this course to the next level. Many of the bridges and cart paths have been re-done and the greens are in the best shape ive ever seen. The clubhouse also had a renovation done and it looks incredible and is a great place to have a meal before or after your round. The new patio has great views of the par-5 18th green.

One of my favorite parts of this course is the elevation changes. #3 and #12 both have tee boxes that are roughly 2 or 3 stories above the fairway creating some extreme hang time. A good majority of the fairways are wide and forgiving which is a help to pace of play and high handicappers.

With that said, I have been told that Windermere is one of the busiest Clubcorps courses in Atlanta. We had a 9am-ish tee time and it took us 4.5 hours to finish. This wasn't bad considering we were a foursome and I know they had multiple groups of foursomes in front and behind us as well.

Otherwise, this is a great course and one of my favorites in the area!

DG1

Good Course But Not The Best Experience

Windermere is a challenging course with a good layout. The greens have considerable undulations and are fast. All other elements of the course conditioning are simply average. However, the course could be above average without too much additional effort. I am not a member at this club and would not consider a membership at Windermere because of the staff. The Pro Shop seem disinterested in being pleasant when making the reservation and when checking-in. The practice tee was closed because the utility cart used to pick balls was dead on the driving range. A reasonable operation would have directed some staff to partially pick the range as is done on mowing day. There was no effort to manage play or the pace of play. The front nine move along at a good pace, but the back nine was quite slow and we barely finished before dark. All of the golf carts are in quite poor condition.

A challenging but fun course

This course has quickly become one of my favorites. It has a lot of personality with many different types of holes. The course forces you to make strategies and think critically about where you need to hit your shots. While every hole is exciting, there are a few holes (holes 3, 13, and 15 for example) where you get to hit some massive and sometimes very creative tee shots. Overall, the course seems to favor the intelligent player, not the long hitter. Windermere is always a pleasure to play.

Decent course with good features, minimal character

Windermere is a decent course with minimal character, but allows for a good time with the ease of the course.

The course is surprisingly hilly. Your cart will be consistently struggling to creep up all of the hills. If you are expecting to walk this course, please think again. You will be extremely surprised by the steady grade changes.

With that said, you can attack this course with everything you have. It is a par 71 so iron play on the par 3's is a premium. Almost every par 4 and 5 you can let the big dog eat and unleash the driver. Fairways are wide and forgiving which makes this course fun from the tee.

Greens were in great shape, but you can tell they had been aerated in the last two weeks. Pretty easy reads around the greens and they can be managed well.

Golf carts have on-board computers which keep your score as well as determine distance. I shot every hole with my range finder and found this system to be within 2-3 yards every shot.

Overall, easy course which provides some fun shots. Not overly challenging. Golf staff is great, however, inside staff was just okay. Would recommend this course to a friend, but would be hesitant to pay a premium to play here.

Great course but unforgiving

This course has a lot of interesting holes and was in great condition. It's not particularly long but many of the hole designs limit your choices anyway so long hitters will feel they don't get to use that advantage all that much. My only complaint is that this course has no sympathy for the average golfer who might miss greens and fairways, even if only by a little. Plan for a lot of lost balls. The views more than make up for most of that frustration.

The Staff Is what made the day!!!

This was my and my groups 1st visit to Windermere. We drove more than an hour to play golf and I got to tell you because of the staff and the course we won't hesitate returning. Our tee time was at 11am and the staff member that we dealt with in the Pro Shop was very accomadating and provided us with one of kindest gestures we've had in awhile and was greatly appreciated. The course was in excellent shape yet challenging. I give all involved the highest of ratings and my heartfelt thanks for enjoyable day.

Sugar Hill, Georgia