2.6

Type Semi-Private/Resort
Slope N/A
Rating N/A

Situated along Florida's Gulf Coast, Riverside Golf Club in Ruskin is part of a peaceful retirement community. At just over 6,100 yards from the tips, the golf course is on the short side but it still offers an enjoyable round. From the back tees, the course actually presents quite a formidable test. The layout meanders along a creek before wandering across idyllic farmland and finishing along the river bluffs overlooking Hayes Bayou. The diverse terrain provides an array of scenery as well as a variety of different challenges. Water hazards come into play on several holes and there are several strategically placed bunkers lurking along the greensides, waiting to swallow errant shots. Riverside Golf Club's layout combines more difficult holes with player-friendly features, which makes it approachable for players of any skill level.

Riverside Golf Club

Year Built 1954
Greens TifEagle Grass
Architect Ward Northrup (1954)

Bar, Snacks, Grill

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Spa

Available Activities

Swimming, Billiards

Available Sports

Fitness, Tennis

Great staff

Staff in the pro shop was nice, the course looked good, and The pace of play was great!

Sad Little Swamp

If I knew what I'd gotten myself into I wouldn't have made a tee time even if it were 99 cents. So much space and potential ruined by poorly thought out design. The course layout itself is beyond any common sense, and there is no signage to assist with navigation. In fact, the starter wished us "good luck" figuring out where to go and how to play the mess that is this course. I was not told until arrival that several holes were closed and, confusingly, those holes appeared to be in better shape than the marsh that was open. There are no sidewalks and inadequate engineering to keep the green to any level of playability. This place is a joke, will not be coming back.

Commented on 08/24/2020

Hi, Gilbert. We appreciate you reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course signage is important to us. We always appreciate golfer comments and we are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your review for guidance. Thank you for playing Riverside Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Arrived and wasn’t given the t time assigned! They had members lined up in front of our time! Got off about an hour later ! They said it’s golf now fault! Would like a refund of my five dollars for the time!

Commented on 08/03/2020

Hello and thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Riverside Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Nice round for the money

The course is filling out nicely. Tee boxes and green in good shape, Greens on the slow side but aggressive putting pays off. Good course to learn your game at a rate you can afford. Challenging enough to keep you interested. Good people all around. Have fun and learn the game people. Be polite and play around any slow foursomes.

Better now the summer rains are here

The course was in decent shape. A good value for the money, The players are nice about playing through if you are a single/double. Greens in great shape and on the slow side, Be aggressive.

Commented on 08/21/2020

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. Please be advised that we are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Good deal from TeeOff coupon.

The person in the pro shop had his mask hanging and not covering his mouth & nose. I asked him to cover before coming up to the counter. I had my mask on.

Tight Course Excellent Greens, Non existent Fairways.

This was an odd course. The layout is in the middle of a modular home community. It was tight at some points and open at others. The greens were in amazing shape, but the fairways were non-existent. Fairways had no distinction between them and the rough and did not appear as they did in the photos. Tee boxes were slightly overgrown as well. The other oddity of this course was that there is not a distinction between the front 9 and the back 9 like every other course I have ever played at. You don't play hole 9 back into the clubhouse, but rather farther away and only return to the clubhouse upon the completion of hole 18. Also, practice ranges for this course run along with hole number 8 if I remember correctly which was very odd. For the price of the round and condition of play, I felt like I was overpaying which probably explains why the course was so empty.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. Please know that we are working to improve our golfers experience with us as and hope that you'll bear with us through this transition and give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Riverside Golf Course.

Do not book a tee time for this course on Golf Now on a Sunday!

Both Google and Golf Now show this course as open on Sunday and allow you to book a tee time, yet they are not open. Rather crappy considering we drove up from Bradenton to try out the course. Won't make that mistake again.

Difficulty Extremely Easy
Commented on 07/16/2020

Hello, we appreciate you reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the experience you had when booking your round. Your feedback about confusion during the booking process is important to us. We always want to make sure our golfers are clear about their purchase before checking out. We ask that you contact GolfNow customer service at 1 (800) 767-3574 for clarity. Please have your confirmation number handy. Thank you for playing Riverside Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Best Round on a Terrible Day

Pros: greens are in excellent condition for this time of year / 5 sets of tees to cater to every type of golfer / bathrooms w/ vending machines every 3 or 4 holes

CONS: sat at the gates of the community dailing 9999 for the pro shop to buzz me in for 25 min (dont book earlier than 8am, staff sleeps in) / NO SIGNS DIRECTING YOU TO COURSE = wild easter egg hunt / League/Residents get priority over Public (due to morning league I was sent to #7.. first time at community & course.. if it wasn't for a maintenance man showing me the random boardwalk through a thicket of trees (ALSO WITH NO SIGN) I'd still be driving around) / Residents drive right up on you while swinging on tee and will NEVER let you play through to keep pace / Tees & Fairways are too overgrown.. you're basically in the rough tee to green. Actually sat the ball on the high grass of #10 and drove it off the deck due to not being able to put a tee in the ground deep enough to support the ball... the grass was higher..

If I didnt shoot my best round of my life (77) I'd give lower stars. The value & condition is impressive.

Commented on 07/15/2020

Hi, Brian! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. Please know that we value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. The current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

First time here.

This course is definitely on my radar now. Look forward to my next round here.

Pitch and Putt community course

Two best things about the course; greens had plenty of grass on them, and, for the ladies, the cleanest bathrooms I have ever seen on a golf course (tile floor, air conditioning, clean smelling, and well maintained). Target golf needed to hit any patch of grass there might be in the fairway; many fairway shots will be hit from dirt. Some of the tee boxes appeared to have recently been re-sodded and are very uneven; the rest look like the fairways.

Commented on 07/06/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We would like to apologize for the poor experience you had with us. Please know that we are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make the necessary changes. Thanks for visiting Riverside Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Different Layout

Layout of 18 was great but could only play a certain 9 holes twice due to course conditions. Didnt circle back around after the front 9 so playing holes 1-3, 12-16 and 18 twice was very inconvenient with the layout. Wasnt explained very well by the Starter either despite being first time on the course. Not a bad course but poorly managed with a rough structure.

Commented on 06/16/2020

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is very important to us. Please know that the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve and will continue to work towards a 5-star experience. We hope to see you back!

Only 9 holes open

Lots of rain last night so only 9 holes open. Still charged me the same amount. The dry spots are starting to grow but the tee boxes need to be cut especially with a short course since I use irons off the tee with no tee. Would have been ok without the rain. Not the best course but I’ve seen a lot worse.

Commented on 06/16/2020

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. With the recent rain, we are working to get everything up to par as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Riverside Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Covid issues

Everything was good, but the staff at check in had a mask, but around his throat! Also all of the pins had to be pulled out with hand, nothing to protect golfer like other courses in the area!

Worst than a goat trac

Need new super. They have no clue on course maintenance and conditioning.

Commented on 06/02/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. We would like to first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Riverside Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Palmetto, Florida