Year Built 1994
Architect Jim Bivins (1994)

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Great course!

I play Holly Ridge every week and this is one of the best courses in the area. Always in great shape and the clubhouse and bar and grill staff are some of the best. You won't find a course in better condition in the area.

Great course!

Played this course yesterday in a tournament and I was very surprised. The course is wide open with fairways lined with mounds. Very inviting for all skill level of golfers. The greens were some of the fastest I have ever played. Slight undualtions on the greens make green reading and putting speed a must. Even with the dry weather we have have the last month the fairways were plush. This is a must play if u are in the area.

Cool course to play

Played at Holly Ridge for the second year in a row when I was in the area. I really like the course. It has some rolling elevation changes and movement in the fairways. The fairways and tee boxes were in good shape. The greens had some sand on them but we're extremely fast. You couldn't stop the ball for anything which made it challenging. The course is mainly pretty open. But there is some water around and the rough is extremely thick Bermuda. Getting in it was basically a stroke penalty at least. Would love to play it once when the greens weren't sandy. Bc I really like this one.

Very Good Course in Piedmont Triad

My wife played here during a golf outing for work and afterward said I would like it. She was right. Even though we have had a lot of rain recently, the course was in good condition. Greens had been sanded as part of fall conditioning, but they were in excellent shape and rolled true.

The course is reasonably challenging with a good mix of hole lengths, fairway and greenside bunkers, and water. But almost every green is open in the front so you don't have forced carries. There are four sets of tees (blue, white, yellow, and red). My wife played the most forward tees and this allowed her not to have forced carries over water off the tee.

Slow play is the worst, so I am happy to report that we teed off at 2:30p on a Wednesday afternoon and finished by 6:00p -- a 3.5 hour round, which is awesome. We caught up to a foursome on the back 9 and when they saw us they picked up their pace of play. Depending on day and time YMMV.

$31 during the week to ride 18, and $23 to walk 18. Course is not flat, but it is walkable if you are in reasonable shape.

Should also note that they have a nice practice putting green AND practice chipping green (rare in my experience), as well as a driving range. We didn't eat but the grill looked nice.

WOW

This course is worth its weight in gold. Course was in great shape. Greens were perfect could not have asked for a better place to play. Staff was very friendly. Will play again

Would be great except for the greens

Played at Holly Ridge Sunday for the first time. I really enjoyed the course. I loved the layout and the course had some interesting holes and was challenging but not overly hard. Helps to have played there before bc there are some blind shots. The rating would be much higher if the greens had been better. They were Bermuda and we cut down almost to nothing. It was almost impossible to stop a putt near the hole. Especially if it was downhill.

Best course for a affordable price

Wonderful course! Never have any complaints about the staff or condition of course. Power lines are annoying but are avoidable. Great bar and very nice putting and chipping area. Take cash to course, it's cheaper!

This is a great course

We usually once a year take a weekend trip to the Greensboro area from what I like to call golf mediocrity in Roanoke, Va. and play. This course is a great course period. Not only for the value but the course itself. It was in great shape. FAST greens which I love! Play it.

Really well maintained course .

One of my favorites in this area for sure! Nice staff very friendly people. Well maintained beautiful course !

Bring cash because this course does not take credit cards

Great course but I will not be back until they take credit cards. I just checked the calendar and yes, it is 2013. I would have sat down after my round and had a couple beers and some food but did not have cash. Yes they have a cash machine in the club house but I do not want to pay ATM fees from both sides.

Randleman, North Carolina