Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club

Year Built 2007
Architect Tom Clark (2007)

Dress code Collared golf shirts are required.

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Virginia (2019 #22)

Commented on 09/24/2020

We're so glad you enjoyed your golf experience with us, mark4965762! We appreciate the 4-star review and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great Condition Other Than Tee Boxes; Greens Outstanding

Agree with reviewer below in that the tee boxes were torn up. However, all courses have taken a beating this year. I can deal with bad tee boxes as long as greens are good & the greens were outstanding. Fairways had some bare spots due to standing water from all the rain in August. Pins were in some really difficult spots which I didn't mind. Prefer it to Shenandoah. Just wish it was closer to Leesburg.

Commented on 09/22/2020

Hi Squirrel3, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4-stars. As we aim for a 5-star experience, we always welcome this kind of feedback for improvements but appreciate your patience & understanding given the recent weather conditions. Thank you for playing Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club and we hope to welcome you back for a 5-star round soon!

Great course for the money

Fun course with a requirement for accuracy. Greens were really quick and in good condition. Fairways were in pretty good condition as well with only a few bare areas. One real complaint were the Tee boxes. Not sure what was going on but they were horrible throughout. Nice overall experience, will play again.

Commented on 09/22/2020

Hi arickle, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we value your feedback for improvements and hope you'll give us another try in the near future!

Worth the drive

One of the most underrated courses in No Va. Nice layout and view of the Blue Ridge. Don’t mess around with the par 3 No. 10. Club up.

Commented on 09/10/2020

Thanks for your 5-star rating and great support, Mike6130930! We're so glad you enjoyed your time with us. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club!

Great value but 5hr round .

Course is excellent , greens are large and a little quick , finding yardage is a huge issue without a range finder and pace of play on Sunday is a grind . Definitely worth the money compared to courses nearby .

Commented on 08/25/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club. We truly appreciate your 4-star review and hope you join us for another round soon!

Challenging coarse

Tee boxes are in a little rough shape, but overall the coarse looks good. Good challenging coarse!

Commented on 08/19/2020

Hi u5461381, thank you for the 4-star review. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for the valuable feedback and choosing Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club.

Commented on 08/20/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star review and hope you join us for another round soon!

Rollercoaster of fun!

What a fun course. Probably not the best place for a new golfer to start, but a challenging and fun layout with lots of options in the tees to fit your game. From the tips it would be a brute. Beautiful and true greens, and lovely views. Get the feel of a mountain course on a lot of elevation changing shots.

Commented on 08/18/2020

We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your last round with us, u1364963204! We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.

In Great Shape for August other than ball marks on Greens

This is a great layout! Course was in great shape. As always in August people are lazy about fixing ball marks on the greens. Would give it 5 stars if not for the ball marks on the greens. Definitely prefer Blue Ridge Shadows over Shenandoah. Will definitely be back. Highly recommend to everyone.

Commented on 08/19/2020

Hi Squirrel3, thank you so much for the 4-star review & recommendation. We do appreciate your feedback regarding ball marks as our staff is always looking for ways to improve the golf experience for our guests. We're glad you still enjoyed your time with us, and we hope to see you again soon!

Awesome course, excellent shape, loved it

Played for first time. Traveled 3 hours from Baltimore due to a big storm in east, was worth the long drive.
Course is excellent condo, great layout, nice greens. I had a great day and will definitely come back

Commented on 08/06/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club. We truly appreciate your 5-star feedback and hope you join us for another round soon!

Fun day of golf

This course has all you want. Uphill, downhill, long, short. The course is in great shape. The greens are perfect. My first time there the staff took extra time to give me some local knowledge. I had a fabulous day and will return.

Commented on 08/18/2020

We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your first round with us, SQUISHMITTEN! We truly value your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Tough course great shape

Challenging elevation changes and hole layouts, black tee locations force golfers to be conscientious of controlling their tee shots. Course was in excellent condition in general, bunkers could use a little tlc.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club. We truly value your feedback and hope you join us for another round soon!

Consistently good

I'v been playing this course nearly weekly this year. The combination of consistently good conditions (tees, fairways, and greens) and a challenging layout and friendly staff and regulars keep pulling me back!

Commented on 07/28/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club. We truly appreciate your support and hope you join us for another round soon!

Commented on 07/31/2020

Thank you for your 4-star rating, rbasham08! We're glad you enjoyed your last round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club.

Disappointed

After driving for an hour to get there, I pull up to the pro shop to check in. It took about 15mins to get someone to check me in. No one was around at the front desk. Came up to the first hole I noticed there was a group of 4 ahead of me. They were taking there time so I waited and waited. After the 4th hole they kept doing the same so I decide to pass them because I waited for 15mins because they were for their balls. So obviously they call the office because the same guy at the pro shop was the one who came out to talk to me about it. I told him the issues and he told me to jump all the way to the 9th hole. So I decided to just leave that place and go somewhere else. The pace of game is very very slow and no one monitors it.

Commented on 07/25/2020

To the manager who reply to my review, let’s not forget you were going back and forth with a customer about a burger that cost $5 for 15mins. I stood around watching you and a customer go back and forth about a price of a burger. While your checking guy stood around outside watching me wait. For help. He even came inside and wonder why I was still waiting. And yes their is no control on your course about pace of game. I’m not trying to put your course down but people need to know what to expect especially if they are driving over an hour.

Commented on 07/23/2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at BRSGC, luisvarela. We apologize for any misunderstanding you may have experienced, but I would like to respond and clarify some things as I was the person who checked you in the other day and spoke with you on the golf course. First, in no way did it take you 15 minutes to be checked in. I was in the grill room working with another customer when you arrived and can assure you it did not take 15 minutes to facilitate that transaction. Secondly, you played 2 holes (prior to jumping to the middle of the 4th fairway and in the middle of a large group) and were behind not only a group of 16 players that were scheduled ahead of you, but a full tee sheet as we were booked solid from 6:30am. Therefore, as a single, no matter how quickly you wished to play or how slow the groups may have been, unfortunately you weren’t going to be able to play at what you thought was an acceptable pace. Lastly, I moved you to hole 9 to try and put you in a position to enjoy your round. There was a gap there and you were asked to play 9 through 18 and then head to 1 and play 1 through 9 in the afternoon when things were less busy. I also pointed out you would be able to get in a few extra holes on us. I understand your frustration with being a single at a course that had roughly 80 to 100 players out ahead of you, however, your version of the details is unfortunately misleading, therefore I feel the need to set the record straight for those who may come across this review. If you would like to discuss any of these concerns further, please feel free to contact me at the course directly. – Brian Jones, General Manager

It works

Layout is odd. Conditions are so-so. Practice facilities are terrible. Rounds under $50 are the best thing going for this course. I play here because it’s the closest to me.

Commented on 07/22/2020

Hi u000005789072, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. However, we're sorry to hear about your recent experience at the course. We can assure you our staff is committed to providing a valuable golf experience for our guests, but we are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make any necessary changes. Please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop if you would like to address any further concerns directly. Thanks for visiting Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Well Done.

Time to put water back out on the course. Other than that, a great round.

Commented on 07/13/2020

Thanks for your 5-star review and feedback, wwriverrafter. We're glad you enjoyed your recent round, and we appreciate you choosing Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club!

Among the Best Courses

Terrific course for all levels of golfers. Course layout and views are unmatched!

Commented on 07/06/2020

Thank you for your 5-star rating and great feedback, kitchat! We're so glad to see you enjoyed your last round. Please join us again soon, and thanks for choosing Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club.

Virginia Advisor

72 Holes of Bliss

I recently decided to take advantage of the long summer days and see if I could squeeze in 72 holes of golf into the same day. I chose Blue Ridge Shadows because I had successfully completed this challenge years before when they offered an all-day rate (though it doesn't appear to be available anymore, I was offered the same rate by the manager).

This is a great course to play multiple times as the layout offers an exciting variety that will challenge you in different ways and on several holes provide different options for you to attack the hole.

The design of the course is even more thoughtful and dynamic than I remembered with a wide variety of shapes and angles and the final stretch of a shortish par-5 and two short par-4s give you plenty of opportunities to finish your round on a high note, provided you don't get too greedy. The approach on 18 can be especially treacherous despite having a mere 50-70 yard pitch over the creek.

The sheer amount of elevation changes throughout the course can be daunting, another reason to play here more than once. From the uphill approaches on #2, #7, and #10 to the downhill approaches on #1, #3, and #13, this course really challenging your math skills and distance control.

The greens aren't a pushover either with some subtle breaks here and there. No complaints about putting on them though as they are rolling fast and true.

The rest of the course nearly matches the greens for conditions as heavy use is the only detractor from otherwise pristine maintenance. A few of the bunkers needed a bit of work but the vast majority of them were just about perfect.

The staff is fantastic as well and I can't thank Bryan and his crew enough for setting me up for a delightful day. My back may still be sore 3 days removed but the welcoming environment from everyone at the course--from TJ the maintenance handyman all the way up to David the superintendent--made for an experience I'll never forget.

The course continues to monitor the appropriate level of COVID restrictions. The pool noodles were out of the cups (though I still left the flagsticks alone) but still no on-course water coolers or rakes.

The other golfers I met throughout the day all said the same thing: this is a great, fun course that's a real challenge and an even better value. I couldn't agree more and Blue Ridge Shadows now ranks in the top 25 of all the courses I've played.

Commented on 07/06/2020

Hi Back9Ben, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit at Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club and truly appreciate your valuable feedback. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience! Be sure to look out for your review shared on our Facebook page.

Always a great course!

Course is in great shape! Pace of play was great. Price was fair. Overall a great experience!

Commented on 07/06/2020

Thank you for your 5-star rating and great feedback, Jefferson4141! We're so glad to see you enjoyed your last round. Please join us again soon, and thanks for choosing Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club.

Stephens City, Virginia