Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club

Year Built 2007
Architect Tom Clark (2007)

Dress code Collared golf shirts are required.

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Virginia (2019 #22)

Beautiful course, fair price, friendly service, great maintenance

Great Value

Enjoyed my round today! Course was in good shape and pace of play was great (sub 4 hour round). I will be back!

Commented on 04/01/2020

dzais69, thank you for your kind words & great feedback! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club, and be sure to check out your review shared on our Facebook page.

Very good value and variety of holes. A lot of elevation changes would make this very tough to walk.

Commented on 04/01/2020

Thank you for your 4-star rating and great feedback on the course, Chris1433109! Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Thanks for your 5-star rating, pathenson76! We're glad you enjoyed your recent round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club.

Starting to Green Up

Played at Blue Ridge Shadows numerous times over the winter. Nice layout with plenty of elevation changes. Greens were recently aerated with small tynes but rolled nicely. Course is starting to green up. Always enjoy playing at Blue Ridge.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Hi poper15124, we truly appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4-stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We appreciate your dedication to playing our course & look forward to having you back at Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club soon! Be sure to check out your review shared on our Facebook page.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Thanks for your 5-star rating, Jeremiah2018! We're glad you enjoyed your recent round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club.

Hillz of fun

Uphills and downhills and doglegs mixed in. Greens are flawless and staff are outstanding! 18th hole is signature

Commented on 03/02/2020

Thank you for the 5-star review and great feedback! Join us for another round soon, and thanks for choosing Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club.

Commented on 02/18/2020

Hi u000005121608, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5-stars! We look forward to having you back at Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club again soon.

Worth the money

It’s February and it’s really just great to be able to play. The bunkers were battered, and there was casual water everywhere, but it’s February. You know? It’s a fun track and playing from the tips is a great challenge. Enjoyed it immensely

Commented on 02/18/2020

Hi mrschwam, we truly appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4-stars! We look forward to having you back at Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club again soon.

Best kept secret golf course

This golf course is clearly the best kept secret, i have been playing golf over twenty years around Maryland and Virginia . Tee to the green almost perfect, not a bold spot on the course even in the winter months. It's clearly hands down best value for your buck in Virginia period.

Commented on 02/06/2020

Thank you for your 5-star rating & kind feedback, Joseph6677503! We're so glad you enjoyed your recent round, and we truly appreciate your support. Please book another one with us soon, and thanks for choosing Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club.

Commented on 01/13/2020

Thank you for your 4-star rating! Please join us again soon, and thanks for choosing Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club.

Always a great exciting course to play

The course has some very interesting hole starting with #1. The course is beautifully laid out and always in great shape no matter what season you are playing there. We travel approximately 65 miles in the winter. Because it is warmer than where we live and the course is n great shape. The people here are so nice!

Commented on 01/07/2020

John711, thank you for your kind words! We truly appreciate your dedication to playing our course and hope to see you again very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club. Be sure to check out your review shared on our Facebook page!

We drive about 75 miles to play this course quite a few time a year.

Love it on this trip the manager said we could start a little early because a large group was tee off on 1. Worked out great,had a outstanding pace of play and we always had a empty hole behind us. We would like to say thank you to. Him.

Commented on 03/06/2020

Hi John711, thank you so much for the great review. We're glad you had an incredible time with us, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club.

Commented on 01/02/2020

Thank you for your 4-star rating, llancaster! We're glad you enjoyed your recent round. Please book another one with us soon, and thanks for choosing Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club!

Best in Shenandoah Valley?

I've played this course about a dozen times this year starting in mid-summer, most recently this cool October morning. It has a combination of factors that make it, for me, the hands down choice in this area. First and most importantly for me, the course is in amazing condition, EVERYWHERE:
Tee boxes - generous in area, level, elevated, and high quality turf;
Fairways -so PLUSH; the turf quality of these fairways is far superior to anything I've played this year, including the better courses in this area and a couple of resort courses in the Williamsburg area. The fairways are FAIR, meaning, it's not that hard to find them off the tee.
Bunkers (nice white sand, consistent throughout the course, and drain well)
Greens - WOW. WOW. They roll fast and true, but they are NOT hard-pan, they hold approach shots very well.

The field crew is very considerate and friendly, as are the clubhouse guys.

About the layout. The first couple of rounds here are intimidating; Every hole has a forced carry, and every green is protected with a sand or water hazard. That said, my 15 index game can still settle into an enjoyable round. This course makes you learn to make good decisions, or else suffer. Like all good/great courses, the design offers you a way to play it, but you have to respect what's going to happen to you if you fail to pay attention or disregard risks.
The par 3's merit their own review: they are long. Not going to be a place to make up for a blowout on the prior hole.

Overall, I recommend this course to everyone, especially those who would be able to play it several times, because I think it deserves the effort to get to know it a little.

Commented on 10/24/2019

Hi u314159290634, we truly appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5-stars. Your feedback is very valuable to us, and we will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We appreciate your dedication to playing our course & look forward to having you back at Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club again soon! Be sure to check out your review shared on our Facebook page.

Huge Improvement From Last Time I Played 6 Years Ago

Course was in great shape! Greens were fast & true. Fairways were gorgeous - played the ball down. Last time I was here 6 years ago the course was in bad shape. Well not anymore! This course is in better shape than Rock Harbor. Have always enjoyed this layout. I will definitely be back. Wish it was closer to Leesburg.

Commented on 10/22/2019

Hi Squirrel3, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4-stars. We're so glad to hear you're enjoying our course improvements, and we will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. Your feedback is valuable to us and we look forward to having you back at Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club for an even better round soon!

Greens

Greens are so fast that there is no way to controll what you are doing

Commented on 10/18/2019

Hi u000006901844, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4-stars. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope you still enjoyed your recent round at Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club!

Great day!

First time playing this course but will definitely play there again!

Commented on 08/26/2019

Hi Justin9654311, thank you for your 5-star rating and joining us for your first round! Please book another round with us soon at Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club.

Commented on 08/22/2019

Hi u7294088, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club soon!

GREAT LAYOUT

This is what I was looking for on a Virginia course! Great, challenging tee shots that were stunning from different elevations! I could tell the course was working hard to recover from being in not so good conditions but they were pretty good! Greens roll true, but my only gripe is golfers don’t fix their ball marks on the green, but that’s anywhere you go

Commented on 07/18/2019

Hi u233275105, we truly appreciate you leaving a kind review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club again soon!

Stephens City, Virginia
Boyce, Virginia

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.