Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club
Scorecard for Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club
Black M: 75.2/143 411 355 248 554 234 567 420 436 444 3669 188 425 226 489 562 449 589 380 338 3646 7315
Blue M: 72.9/139 393 334 212 523 201 532 393 408 387 3383 174 415 195 459 527 435 539 350 310 3404 6787
White M: 70.2/131 W: 76.7/137 376 325 190 496 181 503 346 342 353 3112 151 392 166 383 485 419 496 320 280 3092 6204
Gold M: 67.6/125 W: 73.5/131 283 305 170 476 161 483 326 322 339 2865 142 315 123 369 472 306 483 242 234 2686 5551
Red W: 70.3/123 275 244 147 439 140 437 278 276 300 2536 124 306 114 332 425 295 412 235 227 2470 5006

Year Built 2007

Dress code Collared golf shirts are required.

Course Layout Excellent
Response from #BlueRidgeShadows on 07/24/2018:
Thanks for the 5-stars! We appreciate your review and hope to welcome you back to Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club again soon.

Visiting ares

For the price(GN hot deal) this was a good deal. Wouldn't have wanted to pay more. Great layout, course needs s little TLC.
Staff Friendliness Good
Course Layout Excellent
Response from #BlueRidgeShadows on 07/16/2018:
Thank you for the 3-stars and taking the time to share your feedback with us. Your comments will be shared with our staff as we continuously work on course improvements and we hope to have you back for an even better round soon.
Course Layout Excellent
Response from #BlueRidgeShadows on 07/13/2018:
Thanks for the 5-stars and sharing your feedback with us. We hope to welcome you back to Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club for another great round soon.

Course keeps improving

Great customer service. Course seems to be bouncing back from years ago. Best value around for the type of course it is. Keep up the good work.
Pace of Play Poor

Hot day.

Course was in good shape except for spots on their greens. They are having keeping grass in spots due to the severe slopes. Even with no grass in spots they rolled very well. Very nice views from elevated tee boxes. Fortunately there is shade along the edges of the course to stay cool in extreme heat.
Staff Friendliness Good
Off-course amenities Average
Course Layout Good
Response from #BlueRidgeShadows on 07/16/2018:
Thank you for the 3-stars and taking the time to share your feedback with us. Your comments will be shared with our staff as we continuously work on course improvements and we hope to have you back for an even better round at Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club again soon.

would play again

staff very professional and courteous course in very good shape would play it again thank you
Course Layout Good
Response from #BlueRidgeShadows on 07/16/2018:
Thank you for the 5-stars and taking the time to share your kind feedback with us! Your comments are truly valued by our staff and we can't wait to have you back at Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club again soon.

Great for all Amateurs!!

You can't beat BRS for layout, conditioning or staff friendliness. Course is in the best shape ever, and greens are super smooth(only a few bare spots on 15 & 16 that need to grow in). Pick the right tees and it'll be a tough test. You'll need to do everything right to put up a good score. Precision, length and being a good lag putter are all required. Lunch in the grill is delicious and reasonably priced. Overall, its worth the drive out to Front Royal and i look forward to each and every tine there. They do a great job!
Pace of Play Average
Value for the Money Average
Course Layout Excellent
Response from #BlueRidgeShadows on 07/16/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review! It is truly valued by our staff and we hope you had a great round at Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club. Come back soon!

Nice Course

I rode a cart while my husband played. It is a pretty golf course with amazing views. My husband said it was in good condition. They have had a lot of rain and we had to stay on the cart path on three holes but it wasn't a problem all. Lots of wildlife to see. I took pictures of deer, foxes playing on the side of the fairway. It's a nice place and my husband said it is a good golf course to play and the price was really good. We live near D.C and its half the price of courses there. The hotel is nice too.
Course Layout Excellent
Response from #BlueRidgeShadows on 06/27/2018:
Thanks for the great feedback and 5-star review! On behalf of our staff at Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club, we truly appreciate your comments regarding our course. We hope to welcome you and your husband back again soon!

Poor and rude service

When I arrived I was given a cart and put w another group to play with. When we were about to start our round I was told I had to give my cart back and ride w someone else. I requested to keep my own cart due to possible bad weather coming in the area and that I was not feeling well and prob wouldn’t play all 18 holes . I was denied that request and told that I had to share a cart or not be allowed to play. The person they were putting me with was sitting on his cart smoking cigarettes which I did not like either . I tried again and again to get my own cart but the pro shop people were rude and said I had only paid for half a cart !! They said play by our rules or leave. It almost got physical . The guy who I was teamed with also said he wanted his own cart but they made us ride together or said leave. The worse customer service ever!! Blue Ridge SUCKS
Staff Friendliness Poor
Pace of Play Average
Off-course amenities Average
Value for the Money Poor
Course Layout Average
Response from #BlueRidgeShadows on 06/27/2018:
Mr. Myers, thank you for playing at Blue Ridge Shadows this past weekend, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We apologize that you did not feel that you were taken care of, however, what you were asking simply goes against our policy when it comes to issuing golf carts. You see, there is an expense involved in sending every golf cart out that we must account for. There is the gas that goes into the golf carts, as well as the labor hours it takes to clean and maintain them after the round. Also, there is there wear and tear that the carts go through during the round itself that has to be factored in. Therefore, when we have individuals (single players) that are paired together, we do not make it a policy to give individual golfers, separate carts. We noticed that your round was purchased on a Hot Deal. The adherence to the above-outlined policy allows us to try and keep our expenses in-line, so we can continue to allow players to play for reduced fees in the middle of the day on a Sunday (when our regular rates are $45). Also, the gentleman that you were paired with made no such request, to have his own golf cart, as he was asked by staff to confirm your claim that he did. We understand that you were upset that your request was denied, however, we will put our staff's record for customer service and the feedback that we receive here on Golf Advisor for that (Staff Friendliness) from a vast majority of our customers up against any course in the area. Again, we thank you for your feedback and invite you to reach out to us with any further concerns.

Valid dates: Aug 13, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019