Fairways of Canton Golf Club

Dress code: Proper attire is required.

Green (W) 73 4530 yards 67.9 119

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for locals wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers   Challenges include elevation changes undulating greens narrow fairways   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views 19th hole specials

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/16/2018

danhku's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2018

Course: great layout

Fairway: good shape

Green: good design and challenging. However, suffering ball marks because a lot of golfers don’t fix their ball marks (they don’t have fixer? Don’t care? I think starters should make sure they’ve got one before starting a round, or give them a plastic one for < 1 dollar!)

My round: on front 9, got stuck behind a 2-some and, further up, a 3-some. Never let thru even though a single. After the front 9 (got started on 10th because of league), I drove up to ask to play thru, then it was a breeze and the “back 9” became more enjoyable.

A typical issue and complaint is slow play. Golfers should show common sense and learn how to move around golf courses to speed up play in spite of the handicap and skill. Starters should be more involved.

Response from Fairways of Canton on 05/17/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four stars! We appreciate your feedback regarding your experience. We are glad that you enjoyed our course layout and found it to be in good shape. Thanks for stopping by, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Course is in great shape"

kwalker546's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

We play here often - every 2 weeks or so. The course is really starting to green up finally. There are quite a few challenging holes. Number 3 is a tough hole with a carry over a large gully and then a second shot over water. I recommend this course, the view from 18 tee is great. My only knock would be pace of play. Course is usually crowded on weekends and things tend to get backed up. Overall, great golf!

Response from Fairways of Canton on 05/17/2018:

Hello, thank you for the five-star review! We are thrilled to hear that you had an overall great golfing experience with us the other day. We appreciate your feedback regarding pace of play, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Hard but great course"

dtcpa1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2018

This is the second time I played this course. The last time was about 10 years ago and it kicked my but so much, I didn't go back until Saturday and I will put this course in my regular rotation from now on.

The greens are smooth and fast, the course looked good in the fairways.

There are a couple holes that are really challenging, but the other holes give you a chance.

I highly recommend this course

Response from Fairways of Canton on 05/15/2018:

Hello, thank you for the five stars! We are thrilled to hear that you had a great golfing experience. Welcome back! Thanks for the feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2018

Response from Fairways of Canton on 05/15/2018:

Hello, thank you for the five stars! We are happy to see that you had a great round of golf. Thanks for visiting, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2018

Response from Fairways of Canton on 05/17/2018:

Hello, thank you for the three-star review. We hope that you had a good time out there the other day. Thanks for stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2018

Response from Fairways of Canton on 05/10/2018:

Hello, thank you for the five stars! We are glad to see that you had a great time out there the other day. Thanks for playing with us, and we hope to see you again soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2018

Response from Fairways of Canton on 05/09/2018:

Hello, thank you for the five stars! We are glad to see that you had a great experience with us the other day. We appreciate you stopping by, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Pace of play issues"

bnp3925's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/06/2018

The course is in pretty decent shape, and it continues to improve year over year. The pace of play is horrible every time I play there. On this particular day I had a 9:40 tee time. My playing partner and I arrived early and I asked the starter if it was possible to go out early. He said no and did not provide a reason. The tee box was empty, and remained empty for 20 minutes, but he wouldn’t let us tee off. Then he put us behind a group of 4 ladies. 9 holes took 3 hours and I didn’t get to complete my round. I have worked for golf courses in the past, and typically if there’s an opening, and you can put people in, it’s a good move. I honestly don’t understand why the starter made us wait because I couldn’t see how it would have negatively impacted anything. Pretty sure it had nothing to do with tee times, and more about a “grumpy old man” issue. Regardless, I won’t be playing there anymore.

"FUN CORSE"

tcoop's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018

I always enjoy playing this course. The green where in good shape and the pace of play was great for a weekend. I look forward to playing this course again soon.

Response from Fairways of Canton on 05/08/2018:

Hello, thank you for the five-star review. We are thrilled to hear that you found our course fun! Thanks for the positive feedback, and we can't wait to have you back again soon.

"Great course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018

This is the one course I don’t mind playing on on a regular basis

Response from Fairways of Canton on 05/08/2018:

Hello, thank you for the five stars! We are glad to hear that you always enjoy a round of golf at Fairways of Canton. We can't wait to see you again soon.

"Seniors ruined the day"

Robert9378631's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2018

Course and weather were very good. However, there were two foursomes of senior men in front of us, a twosome. We waited on them all day long until we just quit on 15. Never occurred to them to let us play through. There was no one behind us. They wouldn't hit off the tee until the group in front of them was finished with the hole. They couldn't hit it over 150. They ruined our round. They probably took 5 to 5 1/2 hours. There's no excuse for this, I don't care how old you are. I'm 67 myself and with my wife we can play in less than 3 hours when not held up.

Response from Fairways of Canton on 05/04/2018:

Hello Robert, thank you for the four stars! We are terribly sorry that you experienced slow pace of play during your round. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Nice course, great condition, friendly staff."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2018

Fairways of Canton is a nice course, good layout, nice friendly staff. If you get a chance, play it.

Response from Fairways of Canton on 05/04/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four stars! We are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with both our course and staff. Come back again soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2018

Response from Fairways of Canton on 05/03/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four stars! We are glad that you enjoyed our course and had an overall great experience. We appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Great course"

Chris5611355's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2018

Staff was very helpful, the course was in great shape pace of play was as expected for Sunday afternoon period and once again thanks to GolfNow great rates

Response from Fairways of Canton on 05/02/2018:

Hello Chris, thank you for the five stars! We are glad to hear that you found our staff friendly and also found the course in great shape. Thanks for stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

"A golf course layout from the Rockey Mountains"

TylerCoffman's avatar
Age:  Under 25

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2018

I played this course in a US Kids golf tournament, as a 14 year old. I think this is one of the coolest courses in the state of Georgia. However, with that statement, you must be a very talented golfer, who can hit the ball out of Scottish like rough, to score good. My normal score is an 83, or 11 over par average. I shot an 89 from the blue tees here, due to the toughness of this course. I quadrupled number 4, because I missed to the right of the green, and it took me 5 swings to get out of the rough. There are some easy holes, such as 1,5,6,7,10,12,18. The harder holes were 3,4,9,11,13,14,17. Most of these were due to the green grade, (different teers) and the elevation difference. The best and most surprising moment of the course, is when you walk up to the tee box on number 14. You look strait down, and you see a green, 185 yards away. I normally have to play a 3 wood, for the distance. On this hole, I hit a nine iron on the back of the green, and make a great downhill two putt out for par. It just fits the extreme toughness of this grand course. I could go on and on about the views, and the extreme PGA like feel to this mountainous golf facility. Thank you for having me, I appreciate you hosting the tournament. Also, to show my love for the course, I entered for a chance to win a free round of golf with it!

Response from Fairways of Canton on 04/30/2018:

Hello Tyler, thank you for the four-star review! We appreciate your detailed feedback regarding your experience, and we are glad that you enjoyed the layout. We hope you win!

kyrieautry2's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/25/2018

Response from Fairways of Canton on 04/30/2018:

Hello, thank you for the five-star review! We are thrilled to see that you had an overall great time out there. Thanks for stopping by, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2018

Response from Fairways of Canton on 05/02/2018:

Hello, thank you for the five stars! We are thrilled to hear that you had your best round on Sunday! Congrats! We look forward to seeing you again so that you can shoot another best round.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2018

Had a great time., I have been coming here for a few years now and the course is getting better and better.

Response from Fairways of Canton on 04/25/2018:

Hello, thank you for the five-star review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our course and continue to have good experiences with us. We appreciate your feedback, and we can't wait to have you back again soon.