WindRiver Golf Course

Previously known as Rarity Pointe Golf Course.
Orange 72 7010 yards 74.2 128
Green (W) 71 4146 yards 64.2 111
Scorecard for WindRiver Championship Golf Course
Black M: 76.2/132 420 446 553 190 575 396 204 422 478 3684 449 397 562 159 618 494 435 235 420 3769 7453
Plum M: 75.8/131 420 446 553 190 575 396 168 422 478 3648 449 397 562 159 618 494 435 205 363 3682 7330
Orange M: 74.2/128 390 409 549 185 533 392 193 418 440 3509 421 365 556 150 582 455 404 205 363 3501 7010
Blue M: 71.2/131 361 375 504 164 492 362 174 400 410 3242 388 326 529 128 534 440 377 181 325 3228 6470
White M: 68.7/125 327 345 469 156 448 336 168 347 400 2996 346 321 500 107 474 392 338 161 290 2929 5925
Gold M: 66.9/115 W: 71.1/115 291 312 404 135 397 304 145 316 343 2647 325 233 456 86 454 352 315 142 266 2629 5276
Green M: 61.4/106 W: 64.2/111 248 249 338 116 352 279 135 266 297 2280 240 161 284 78 383 392 248 138 244 2168 4448

Year Built 2007
Architect Bob Cupp (2007) Dusenberry Design (2013)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Best course in town now

I have been playing here for years and it is now easily surpassed the golf experience at Fox Den or Willow Creek. Course is in terrific shape and greens are rolling well. Your experience depends on the tee box you select. About 6500 from the blue and 7000 from the white. You have to take a cart and believe me if possible you would not want to walk it. Excellent range and practice area. The food is awesome, $3 Blue Moon and a beautiful covered porch with TV’s and a lake view.

Awesome course, unfriendly staff

We did not enjoy playing here. The course was in excellent condition but the staff was so rude and intrusive it ruined our experience. Management should focus on building an experience and improving customer service, rather than an obsession with pace of play.

WindRiverGolf
Commented On 09/27/2017

We apologize that your experience at WindRiver wasn't the excellent round we want to provide all of our golfers. Our goal at WindRiver is to welcome players to a course in excellent shape. If we are under cart path only advisory, we absolutely monitor the course and our golfers to make sure the advisories are being followed. We're sorry that the refund of your greens fees was not sufficient to remedy your complaint and thank you for your feedback.

We have a group of 24 guys that come down every year to play this course in our tournament. The course is always in great shape. The course can be difficult depending on which tee box you play from. They have 2 out buildings on each nine with fresh water and ice, as well as chilled mango scented towels so you can cool off with. The staff is amazing, they treat us like gold. They are more than willing to go above and beyond to make sure we have a great time. I would recommend this course to everyone!!!

Challenging, but fun and fair

I really don't understand the reviews complaining about the greens. That being said, look at the pin location, and place your shot around that, and you'll be fine. The course is challenging. More so than many other public courses I've played. We took the advice of the locals since we were from out of town, and played up a tee box to have more fun. The advice was perfect as we shot right around our normal scores. The clubhouse I'm assuming is temporary, so I hate to ding them for that, but I can imagine when (if) a permanent one is built, it's going to be just as impressive as the course itself. Would definitely return and play here.

Challenging layout. Worth a visit.

This is a wonderful layout well worth a special visit. The course has 6 sets of tees so the course plays to your desired level of difficulty. Fairways are wide on most holes and there is margin for error from the tees as well. But once you have driven your ball you will find it hard to get an even lie anywhere. The course is on hilly terrain and almost every hole has some level of elevation change. When I played it was cart path only and every shot was a major hike. Even near the greens, the walk from the cart to the green can be a hike.

Many holes have blind tee shots. Many holes have uphill approaches to greens. Then when you are on the green, many have mutiple levels up or down. On the par 5 12th, I was past the hole 20 feet but on an upper tier. I hit the putt like it was a 3 footer and found myself off the green and 15 yards back in the fairway. It happens but it's as annoying as can be.

Despite these drawbacks, I enjoyed my round because of the nice layout and surroundings. The challenges were ever present but not penal. Next time, I'll be sure to play only if it's not cart path only.

Nice playing conditions

The course is in perfect condition. The Greens are undulated and hard to putt on. It is a very hilly course. The layout is nice but some holes have blind tee shots. The only hick is #9 , you need to lay up with a 5 iron then go over the valley with a 5 wood. Over all very good !

Great layout

I love the course. Feeling bold and game topnotch, play Orange or even black. Make sure your driver is solid. Maybe a little breezy or game more average to above average, play Blue which is what I normally do. Plays to about 6500. I'm a 3 hdc and Blue is good with occasional Orange. A little shorter off the tee play Whites which are 6000. Got some gray in your hair, play the Gold. Wherever you play you'll love it. Iced towels to keep you cool. Great restaurant at the turn and 19th hole. I mix what I play up but majority is Blue. Nice birdie opportunities await. Trouble holes for me personally are 6/7/10/14/15/17. Get by those and I have a great round. Enjoy! Nice staff here.

Best Course in the Area

Played this course yesterday and was so impressed with the absolute pristine condition that it is in. Fairways, greens, and tee boxes are absolutely perfect and make you feel like you are playing a course on tour. Bunkers were nice and soft with white sand as well. This is a very tough course if you aren't accurate with your tee shots, but is definitely manageable otherwise. Strategy around the greens is key, since most are three-tier greens. They have fantastic rates after 2pm as well and beautiful scenery at every hole. If you are passing through as any point, it's a must play.

The name suits the course

First time playing this course I thoroughly enjoyed it. The front nine is a little more wide open where the back nine is more undulating. I liked the contrast between the two. It was extremely windy when we played, but a storm was blowing in at the time. Overall one of the best courses I have played in while, very well maintained and operated.

Best public course in the Knoxville area

Absolutely sweet track by the lake. Value is fantastic. Greens are normally prime time. Great layout minus #9 haha. Still not a bad hole but can be annoying. You will literally use every club in your bag. Convenient to Knoxville. Have played many times and have shot anywhere from 70 to 80. If wind picks up she is a doozie

Awesome mountain golf

This course was an outstanding test and boy it didn't disappoint. The course was in great condition even after receiving up to 8" of rain in the past week that we played. Despite other reviews I did not find it as difficult as others say. I will definitely play this one again on my next visit to Tennessee. GO PLAY !!!!!!

Great value, tough back 9

Really enjoyed the challenge of Windriver, played it 3 times during a week visit, greens are, as previously mentioned, sloped and fast so pay attention to where the pins are. Very pretty back nine with some challenging holes, clubhouse is temporary but has everything you need including bbq at the turn!

course is very challenging

play this course at least 2x month. very tough but i love it. bring extra balls and come play.

Good Course

Solid course. Nice people. In good condition for the most part. A couple of fairways need help, but they were working on them - resodding. Some nice views. Greens like lightening!

Great Course!

First time playing WindRiver and wasn't disappointed. A very challenging, but fair layout in excellent condition. The greens were fast and had lots of slope, but accessible pin placements. Will definitely return and being friends. Only negative would be they still are in a temporary clubhouse.

Windriver

Well championship course is right lol, if you think your a great player around the courses in Knoxville go to this course it will bring you back to reality. It is a extremely awesome course but very challenging and well worth the trip for the views alone. After playing this course then going to an easy curse you will feel like a pro lol.

Fairways need work after a bad winter.

Greens are perfect but some of the fairways need work.

Poor weather

A definite test of length and skill.

At present some fairways have become blighted. I don't know the reason but I'm sure that groundskeepers are working feverishly to get the fairways in question up to par. This is perhaps the most difficult and challenging courses in E. Tenn. and will test your skills from any tee position. Give it about a month and I believe the course will be in superior shape. Definitely not walkable.

Wedding Day Round

The staff here was awesome. First, the starter let me bit to some if his personal sunscreen. Then, at the turn they didn't have any hot dogs. They apologized and fixed some and brought them out to us in the course. As fir the course, it was in very good shape for the harsh Winter for the area.

Windriver

Greens had just been verti-cut. A couple of the fairways showed the stress of a cold wet winter Holes 15 and 16. Overall the course is in great shape, It was fun to play. Like to see a ranger on the course to encourage a faster pace /or allowing groups to play through slower groups.

Loudon, Tennessee