Wolf Hollow Golf Course

Year Built 1999
Fairways Zoysia Grass
Greens Zoysia Grass
Architect Gary Kern (1999)

Single Allowed No

Really enjoy playing at Wolf Hollow

Great place to play. Reasonable rates. Really friendly staff. This I would call my home course.

Great course and value

Well kept course with lots of hills and blind shots, but really fun to play. Lots of trees but they keep the leaves off the fairways. Greens can be really challenging with lots of break

Great Value Course

Wolf Hollow is an outstanding course for the green fee paid. It has great elevation changes with some difficult but fair greens. Love the variety of holes and the staff is very friendly.

Great Value/Challenging Course

Really enjoy this course. Friendly staff.
Nice Pro Shop. Blind holes. Good Greens.
You will enjoy. Price is always right!

Well it was a windy cool Day but boy was it Beautiful! I sucked playing but the course was beautiful!

Always a great option!!!

Have played this course many times, stroke play and in tournaments. The course is always in great shape. The staff is courteous and friendly. The food and beverages are always delicious and priced right. I highly recommend trying it out. I doubt you’ll be disappointed.

A lot of blind landing areas

I will say it is an interesting course that is FAR away from downtown. Scenic layout with many interesting elevation changes. However, I’m not a big fan of blind landing areas and there are a number of holes with them.

The course was packed during our round and that led to having to wait on nearly every shot. The greens were in weird conditions, though. Some of them were very soft and had a lot of ball marks on them. Others were quite hard and decent shots bounced pretty far away. Greens had a lot of deceptive slope to them and had some long comebackers. A lot of the tee boxes weren’t in great shape but we found decent spots just ahead of the designated spots.

I had an odd finishing stretch in my round. The 17th hole had a temporary green which was decently flat. I hit my tee shot fat and probably had 30 yards to the hole. But I holed out from the rough into a cup that was full of nasty looking water. On the final hole, I hit my best tee shot of the day that rolled out pretty far. From about 200 out, I hit a worm burner that ran up all the way to about 15 feet for a very rare (for me) eagle putt. Missed it but had a tap-in birdie to go two-under on the last two holes.

I guess the good vibes from the finish made me rate the course a little bit higher than it maybe should be! I would like to play it again in the summer (when the course should be in even better shape) but not sure when I will make it all the way out there. Excellent value for the price we booked.

Well worth visits every time

Greens good despite most players not fixing divots. Fairways gorgeous although hilly. Tees very good. Staff always prompt and helpful. Great course to train on for links play with hills and some blind shots.

Fun course in great shape

Played on a Tuesday morning. Course was in great shape staff was welcoming. The only issue was the pace of play as a foursome and a twosome ahead of us had a half dozen groups backed up. Prodding from a marshal would have been greatly appreciated. This a great course at a good price I will be back

Great place

Super conditions & great value
A little far out, but worth the drive
Wry relaxed & friendly

Very good rural course

Course has an excellent layout with plenty of variety with hole design. condition is good. Most greens are excellent with just a couple with stressed areas. Scenic course.

Best Value west of STL

I always enjoy playing Wolf Hollow. It's a challenging course from the right tees with a lot of interesting holes. One of the best values on the MO side of the river if you're willing to drive a few extra minutes. Definitely plan to continue playing here.

Good condition, frustrating layout

Great looking course for the money. Greens, fairways etc are kept in good shape. Only negative was there a many blind tee shots where you’re teeing off to fairways you can’t see. Unless you play the course often, it would be very challenging to know where to play to and losing balls on seemly good tee shots was a problem for me.

Commented on 07/30/2019

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Wolf Hollow Golf Club. Our team will also plan to install better ways to guide our golfer through our golf course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Always a challenge

If you have not played at Wolf hollow before, be prepared for some change of elevation. Many of the holes have quite drastic elevation changes and if they don't, some of the greens do! The staff constantly keeps the pin locations in new and challenging positions. I consider it an excellent value, as the course conditions are usually quite good although the tee boxes have been a little tired lately. The clubhouse has the area's BEST condiment bar for your burgers and hotdogs. I know that sounds goofy, but having sriracha sauce with jalapenos and relish and spicy mustard on a brat is amazing. Friendly staff, and usually pretty good pace of play. This is my favorite golf course in the St Louis area.

best value

This course is challenging but fun. They generally maintain it quite well, except that the tee boxes are a little on the rough side this year. They USED to have a bunker problem; we would joke among ourselves that we should pay them in sand instead of money for our tee times. But this doesn't seem to be an issue any more.
My own personal preference would be to take some of the slope out of a few greens (1, 5, and 16) but overall It's a fun challenging course

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.