Renditions Golf Course is a unique layout that features replicas of holes from U.S. Open or PGA Championship venues. Given each hole is modeled after holes from around the world, the course offers plenty of variety ranging from parkland to links. Holes six through nine are replicas of Augusta National's famous Amen Corner. Like their inspiration, Renditions' versions are a formidable test. The golf course offers a round unlike any other. Nowhere else would you be able to get a taste of golf's most well known courses all in one place. After several hundred trees were added to the landscape, which was formerly the site of a sand mining operation, it was completely transformed into the perfect setting for golf, enhanced even further by the Patuxent River that flows nearby.

Renditions Golf Course Grand Slam Experience

Year Built 2002
Architect David D. Edsall (2002)

Dress code For Gentlemen, the preferred attire typically consists of a collared golf shirt, dress slacks or Bermuda length shorts and non-metal spiked golf shoes.

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Maryland (2018 #20)

Unique layout, same pace of play issues

Perfect day and course in good shape given the time of year and inconsistent weather. Staff great on arrival, friendly and helpful. Same for mid course "halfway" house. But...got behind a mini outing of not very good golfers who not only were all over the place with carts but did dopey stuff like hitting full shots off of 17 GREEN - left spike marks and divot to show for it Rangers amiable but typically aimless. Will only come back if can get tee time within first hour.

Nice Course but Electronic Score Lost My Score

Title says it all. Nice course and I played well. Just not sure the score. Keep it on paper people

Great round of golf

The course was wet from all the rain, but otherwise in good shape. Greens were very fast.

Your Ball is safer in the rough

The course concept is great and the layout is a fun course however if it rains this course does not hold water very well. I lost more balls if i landed on the fairway, Yes i said fairway. No matter if your ball flight is low or high your ball will plug in almost every fairway and get absolutely no roll and it plugs so badly that you could lose it in the fairway. If you land in the rough you can get about 10 yards worth of roll and you could easily find it. Not worth the amount if you ask me.

Do not waste your time; unless you live close by and you get a great deal

I understand that a whole lot of us are fearful in our current circumstances. Who would have ever imagined having to wear face masks in a golf course pro-shop. However, that being said, the golf experience has to be at least decent. Unfortunately, this was not the experience at Renditions on Sep 19 at a team outing.

Pros - the young lady at the pro shop checking us in and the young lady at the ‘universal’ half way house. Extremely friendly and professional.

Cons - all of the male staff that I met. They either did not want to be there or did not like non-white people. Note to owner of golf course. If your white male employees do not like to see people like me show up, say so on our website, OK? Then, I do not have to drive 50 minutes to get crappy service. I could have gone to Whiskey Creek in Ijamsville, MD.

The golf course is a great idea. But it is in crappy shape. Bald and wet patches everywhere.

Bottom line - a big waste of my money.

Rude, disrespectful, and awful customer service

First of all - I won't comment on the conditions. I'm a member at Crofton Country Club and play 2-3 times a week there and many other places in the area. Literally every course in the area has their issues end of summer/early fall and you can't make any course perfect that has players play daily in this area. Not this time of year. That's fine.

The reason I booked Renditions is this weekend is there's member guest at Crofton Country Club this weekend (starting today with their practice round), so it was closed as I'm not attending member guest this year as I'm traveling for work starting tomorrow.

I wanted to see Renditions. I've heard mixed reviews but I've played basically every other course in the area and I had some time this afternoon. Plus, I book a 24 person group even over 3 days with other members at Crofton Country Club in late October each year (we play 3 different courses locally over 3 days), and was thinking maybe Renditions would be a good one to have this year.

Well, after my experience I wish I didn't come today and I definitely won't book our group here.

Here's what happened/the story. I booked a 4:10 tee time and arrived 15 or so minutes early. Checked in. Cart girl was very nice. Seemed like a good start. No issues at all. Tee'd off at our starting time.

However, GPS in the cart stopped working at hole 3. Each time I pressed it nothing would happen. It stayed on the hole 3 overview until I believe hole 11. Again, this is fine and not a big deal. I have a range finder and I even bought the course book for the layout. However, I got a notification that said (sunset at 7:10 - have carts in by 6:55) once the GPS started working again on hole 11... which was at 6:10 pm. So after being on the 11th hole in just 2 hours at a public course they send that out with no heads up.

I got no information/heads up that carts had to be in by 6:55 until after the 11th hole on the GPS screen in the cart. The pop up on the website home page doesn't say it. When I checked in nothing was said. When I went to show my starting receipt and got my cart nothing was said.

It's literally IMPOSSIBLE to be done in 2 hrs and 45 minutes for 18 holes - especially in the rain on a public course. So why do they make tee times available for 18 holes past 4 pm and charge you for 18 holes? Then at 6pm say "get carts in by 6:55"?

Even that was something I could ignore and be okay with. I thought maybe there was earlier reminders but since my cart table/GPS was locked up maybe I didn't see it. Who knows.

Here's the kicker and the reason I'm leaving my first 1 star review ever on this site. It's because when we returned the carts a little after 7 pm (3 hours after our tee time) the guy comes up and goes "did you not see the notifications/why weren't you in by 7pm" and before I could answer he stormed off after saying that in a rude way. I wanted to respond with "why in the heck are you booking people 18 holes at 4pm, throwing them in a group with same tee time, then after their round is going tell them to be in by 6:55?". It is IMPOSSIBLE for any twosome in wide open conditions to play 18 holes in 2 hrs and 45 minutes. They should of never even made the tee times available if that's how they do business.

It was completely frustrating, rude, and I'll never recommend this course to anyone at CCC or friends. I've never had someone be that rude to me when THEIR SYSTEM AND THEIR OPERATIONS provide IMPOSSIBLE expectations... and then when people can't play 18 in 2 hrs and 45 minutes they become very rude to you/basically make you feel like you're the a-hole.

Oak Creek, Lake Presidential, and many others are much better b/c of the customer service, staff members there, etc. I never leave 1 star reviews - but this place deserved it. It's a deserved first 1 star review for me.

I will say the cart girl apologized after the guy stormed off being rude and she didn't even take a tip. She was very nice.

If you are thinking of even booking a 2pm or 2:30 tee time here, don't do it. It's not worth it. They'll GLADLY take your money for 18 holes, and then when you don't finish a 18 hole round in under 3 hours they'll be extremely rude, unprofessional, and mean - when it's their own system/their own booking that's at fault.

Jerry

certain holes needed repair. otherwise course was fun to play.

Not worth the price

Course is in horrible condition, fairways are in bad shape. The rough is thick, greens spotty and lumpy. Overall a 2 star course now, and definitely not worth $98.

In Terrible Shape

The course itself has black areas on fairways, greens that are in poor condition and the pace was horrible. They shouldn’t charge more than $45 to play there.

Staff was friendly and marshells tried to speed folks up but it didn’t work.

Would not recommend playing here.

Awesome course, awful condition

Fairways were good, greens average, tee boxes were the worst I’ve ever seen on some holes. They had been aerated and plugs left covering the tee boxes. Playing a course like this for this price I expected much better. Cart staff was friendly pro shop staff was short and not very helpful. The novelty of this course will bring me back if I’m in the area but the condition needs lots of help. It was also cart path only and had not rained in 5 days. Overall I was very disappointed after really looking forward to this round.

In my opinion not complying with virus policy

We are all over 77 years old , high risk, they said two per cart or pay a extra $25. Plus tax which we had too for the carts had no shield. Played the course on June 1st with the same people and, we each had our own cart. No extra fee. The staff was pleasant , but they said this come from management which of course is not around. For it is run by big corporation. Where is the six feet apart rule. The course is in the worst condition since I stated playing the course when it opened in 2002. But it has rained a lot. It is a fun course and I will go back, but not Until there is a vaccine and I have taken it for I am 82. And there policy is not worth it for the risk.

Great course, just having trouble with keeping it up due to weather!

I love this course, but right now with all the rain and water it is not in the best shape. Still would reccomend to play, but don't expect it at its best right now

Not That Fun

Played an early tee time on a damp, but not raining morning. Felt rushed for some reason and let 2 groups play through even though we took less than 3.5 hours to play. The course was in really bad shape. Greens were really beat up making some puts impossible. Some tea boxes were in terrible shape. There were massive mud spots in some areas. Poor drainage throughout. You'd think they'd have figured it out in the nearly 20 years the course has been around.

The staff was very nice.

Lots of better courses for the price point. We will not return.

Upper Marlboro, Maryland