Cross Creek Golf Club

• 12800 Bay Hill Dr, Beltsville, Maryland 20705, Prince George's County, United States
  • www.crosscreekgcdc.com

Year built: 2002
Architect(s): Tom Clark (2002)
Type: Public
Greens: Bent Grass
Fairways: Bent Grass

Metal spikes allowed: Soft spikes only
Dress code: Collared shirt, no denim. Sleeveless shirts are allowed for women. Tank tops are not allowed.

Champions/Gold 70 6243 yards 69.7 127
Creekside/Blue 70 5723 yards 66.9 118
Quarry/White 70 5180 yards 64.1 111
Quarry/White (W) 70 5180 yards 70.7 131
Fox Trail/Red (W) 70 4390 yards 66.2 111

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals advanced golfers playing multiple courses   Challenges include narrow fairways water hazards forced carries   Great for drinks

"Questionable"

rbyczkow's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/07/2017

Went here because a friend won a 4some...had to pay $20 PER PERSON for a cart...then the tee boxes and greens were undesirable (aeration was evident but no information posted about them). Starter was nott pleasant...wondering if it was because we were a 4some of women. Pace was good until we got to around 16. I'm very glad I only had to pat $20 to play (again, for the cart) - very disappointed with course...but shot my best game thus far...so bitter sweet...don't think I will go back.

"Nice layout, but in bad shape"

DaveSheetsGolf's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/21/2017

I played the course today, and it was in the worst shape of any course I can remember. All of the greens had bare spots and rolled slowly, the fairways were patchy, and the bunkers had no sand but rather long grass in them. However, The people in the clubhouse were friendly, and the course has a nice, challenging layout that would make it a fun day - if the conditions were better.

"Nothing good about this course"

birdieallholes62's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2017

Stay away from this course! I played here 4 years ago the course condition was not good then. This course is in the most horrible condition I have ever seen a course in Maryland. All of the fairways and greens are is disrepair and burnt grass everywhere on the course. The sand traps are filled with grass and rocks. Tee boxes are overgrown. Don't waste your money here!

Course Layout: Poor

"hazards everywhere"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/22/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

Leave your big sticks in the trunk. Great for iron practice. Very narrow fairways with tough landings on both sides of the fairways and behind greens.

"Juan"

Juan6579226's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/18/2016

Amazing course I recommend

"Can't go wrong"

dernakovichjr88's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Played this course for the second time this month. Think I paid 42 dollars for a Saturday morning. This is an outstanding track. Tight but fair, as many of the holes are flanked by mounds or hills that can keep misses in play. Not long, but you have to hit good shots to score. Greens were way above average comparing them to other public courses in the area (and we played right after they punched holes and topdressed!). Tees, fairways and rough were decent, especially with the brutal weather this area had. Hazards on some holes need to be addressed (2 par 3's if I remember) as they have become overgrown and block sight of the greens.

If this place had a chunk of change to throw at the course and clean it up a bit, it could transform it into a country club like setting. Bunkers need work (don't hit it there), other hazards as mentioned, turf management could be improved, but for the cost, this place is seriously one of the best courses I've EVER played in 35 years of golfing.

Course was wide open, carts are newer electric ones, and the food/beverage is CHEAP!!! Seriously, 6 pks are ten bucks cheaper than other courses. Since I don't drink anymore I bought a pair of shoes at a great price.

Just a FUN COURSE!!! Staff, especially Jane, are incredible. VERY friendly, can't wait to go back!!!

"Great fun course"

JimIngramDC's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Cross Creek is a challenging course because of its layout but its also an interesting course. It requires straight drives but its length is fair...I'm a senior golfer and, as much as I would like otherwise, my drives really aren't all that long these days.

You'll enjoy a round here.

"Death Spiral"

JTS53's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/24/2016
Previously played Walked Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Several years ago, I used to play this course fairly regularly and always enjoyed the variety of the layout. At that time, the course was always in pretty good shape.

I decided to play it on Wednesday for the first time in years because I noticed that they had a $28 special rate for a 2 pm tee time. I went out as a single but paired up with two other guys who were playing the course again after a prolonged layoff. I was leery from the outset because the parking lot was empty and there was no one else to be seen on the course on a glorious afternoon. Well, we discovered pretty quickly why the track was deserted... it's a disaster. The tees were a disgrace; torn up, largely bare and barely mowed. Although the fairways were passable, the greens were worse than the tees... unrepaired ball marks and crabgrass everywhere... really sad!

The three of us agreed that the course appeared to be in a classic death spiral... lousy conditions have scared off golfers and the resultant lack of revenue hasn't allowed for reasonable course maintenance. I'll be surprised if Cross Creek makes it to next summer without some drastic action... giant infusion of capital or new ownership. It's a shame to see a pretty good track go down.

"Bad Course, Poor Conditions, Don't waste your money or time here!"

Sean8819622's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/24/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

This course was a big let down. Driving in the two holes you can see are number 1 and number 18, funny enough those are the only two nice holes on this course. Looks like the grounds crew ignored the whole course and just likes to make it look like they have a nice course by making these two nice and pretty.

Overall this course was just in poor shape, a lot of dead spots on the greens, burnt out fairways and just poorly maintained holes. It looks like they have not cut the rough in weeks, its patchy, deep up to 6+ inches in some locations and then in others run down and your ball is pretty much on dirt with lumps of grass all around it. The bunkers were just absolutely atrocious, they were horribly kept, mounds of dirt and rocks in almost all bunkers, grass growing through the bunkers to the point where they might as well fill in the bunkers and make it all grass. Also what was annoying is that on a 3 or 4 par 3s the angles into the green with the high grass in the wetlands made it impossible to see the pin from the tee box which made it hard to judge distance, looks like they have never had anyone come out to trim up the high grass they have growing. The back nine of this course is poorly designed, holes under 300 yards and some a bit longer but the landing area is extremely narrow and one of the pictures attached shows a hole that is 370 yards and the area to hit it through is so narrow from trees and the massive hill to the right. Its almost impossible to figure out where to hit it. They need to go out and trim back some of the brances. Just a poorly designed hole.

The last point ill make is, this course is bad. Just horrible, I know I won't be playing here ever again and I will tell everyone I know to stay away from here, heck even gunpowder down the road had nicer bunkers and greens. Also, the water they have on the course tastes really bad, almost like they have never cleaned the coolers, my brother had drank some of the water and said it tasted really nasty and at the turn was feeling sick. I didn't drink any water through the course I bought it at the shop, which thankfully was only a dollar. The only good part of the course is the staff, friendly and nice.

Course Layout: Poor

"Great greens!"

Robert9412980's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2016

Great putting greens, good course layout with even better customer service in the clubhouse. Looking forward to my next round!

Commented on 06/13/2016

Robert9412980 -

Wow, 4 stars!! We are humbled by your review and feedback of our course! We pride ourselves on providing an incredible experience for our golfers and were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your round with us! We look forward to seeing you soon.

All the best,

Cross Creek Golf Club Management

"Great Course, but Narrow"

ashafer85's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Poor weather Verified Purchaser

Played my first Round at Cross Creek the other day, and it won't be my last. We had the first tee time Saturday morning, and were able to practice on the range and get off a little earlier than scheduled. It rained pretty much the entire round, which put a damper on things (sorry for the pun). Overall still enjoyed the course. It is narrow, so pack a few extra balls... especially if your tee shots tend to curve like mine.

Commented on 05/02/2016

Hi Ashafer85,

Thank you for playing your first round here at Cross Creek! We are so happy to hear that you gave us a chance and that you had a good experience! We hope to see you back for a second round soon!

"Love this Course"

Garybearor's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2016

This isn't the longest course, but will certainly challenge you. Course management is a must here. The manager is very friendly as well. Course is in good shape, especially for the price. I would like to see the sand traps in nicer condition, but I'd rather not be in them in the first place.

Commented on 04/27/2016

Hi GaryBearor,

Thank you for your review and for playing at Cross Creek. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the condition of the course and the value that we have to offer. We hope to have you back again soon!

"Great course, pleasant surprise"

garysheffield1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/11/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Found a really good deal via an online site, - great pace, well kept greens, and super friendly service.

Commented on 03/15/2016

Thank you for choosing Cross Creek. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the conditions of the course, as well as, the great customer service. We hope to see you again soon!

"Decent course but oversold and slow"

RSmallcomb's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/12/2015

This course has gone down hill over the past years. Poor maintenance and oversold tee times are pushing me to slowly take this course out of my rotation.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

Commented on 12/14/2015

Hi RSmallcomb,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. Please email us at c.rosscreekgolfclub@gmail.com if you'd like to further discuss. We hope to hear from you soon.

"Much Improved.."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/22/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Poor weather Verified Purchaser

The course conditions are much improved. Fairway and greens were in very good condition. Greens were a bit slow, not sure if due to rain or if they need to be cut a bit more...

Quality of food & beverage: Average

Commented on 11/23/2015

Hi Faisal,

Thank you for playing at Cross Creek Golf Course. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the course conditions and we hope to see you again soon!

"Saturday golf"

cdugans's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/24/2015

Tight course bring extra balls. If you forget there are plenty to be found. Good challenging course.

Commented on 10/26/2015

Hi CDuganes,

Thank you for your review. We hope that you come back again soon to enjoy the challenge!

"Nice Course!"

greek5152's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/22/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

This course is close and convenient. The weather was perfect the course was in good condition and the staff was very friendly. Great Round!

Quality of food & beverage: Average

Commented on 10/26/2015

Hi Greek,

Thank you for playing at Cross Creek Golf Course! It is great to hear that you had such a good experience, both with the course condition and with our staff. We look forward to having you back!

"Good stuff"

jiggabone's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/18/2015

Short but challenging. Good layout, makes you think about your approach to every hole. Staff was great. In good condition.

Commented on 10/22/2015

Thank you for your review! We strive for excellent customer service and are so happy to hear that you had a great experience and enjoyed the conditions of the course. We hope you come back to see us again soon!