Coyote Springs Golf Club

• 3100 State Route 168 , Coyote Springs, NV 89037, USA
  • (877) 742-8455, (702) 422-1400
  • coyotesprings.com

Year built: 2008
Architect(s): Jack Nicklaus (2008)
Type: Resort

Practice bunker: Yes

Credit cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express

Gold 72 5705 yards N/A N/A

Coyote Springs Golf Club is located less than one hour from the Las Vegas Strip and just 45 minutes from Mesquite, Nevada. This Jack Nicklaus Signature Course is highly regarded as a must-play by Vegas golf aficionados. The course's stunning setting is sometimes referred to as "nature's cradle" since it's situated in a verdant valley completely surrounded by majestic mountains and peaks. While the scenery may be beautiful, don't let it distract you from the golf course's many challenges. Water and bunkers await you at almost every turn. One of the most memorable holes is the par-5 second, whose bunkers at the second landing area will force you to think carefully about how to approach the Augusta-like green. In addition to the golf course, Coyote Springs offers one of the largest practice facilities in the country. This 19-acre facility includes 13 target greens and a short game area for pitching, chipping, and bunker practice.

Location is worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include water hazards undulating greens bunkers

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2018

lasvegas2012's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

"What a Great Golf Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2018

A little bit of a drive and the golf course is in the middle of no where, but what a great golf experience. Practice facilities are A1 and the course was in great condition. Great scenery and lots of water. Combined with 30 mph winds this course beats you up. Marshall Bob was outstanding as I was playing as a single and he moved me up to get me around slower foursomes

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/17/2018:

On behalf of our staff at Coyote Springs Golf Club, we truly appreciate your review and 5-stars. We are committed to providing you with a valuable golf experience and are glad to hear you enjoyed your first experience with us. Book another round soon!

"Worth the drive."

pwstarite's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2018

If you like real golf sand water and shot making then you will enjoy. If a beginner bring extra balls. For sure add this course to your play list when in Vegas. The only draw back it is a little to high price for the long drive to and from and no real food source. I would think they could do themselves a favor by lowering the price and be packed everyday. Locals playing for forty and us outsiders paying over a hundred is just wrong in so many ways. Happy people will come back often to high price long drive we'll do the math!!!

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/09/2018:

We appreciate you taking the time to share your input with us, as well as the 4-stars. Your comments regarding course amenities and our rates are valued so we may pass them to our staff for any potential improvements. We're glad you enjoyed your day with us, and hope to have you back at Coyote Springs Golf Club again soon!

Commented on 04/12/2018

Hello,

My name is Josie Edwards, Marketing Specialist at Coyote Springs. We would like to take care of your meal from our bar and grill on your next visit! Feel free to email jedwards@coyotesprings.com upon your next visit so we can take care of this for you. Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it!.

"Difficult Course and not always fair"

James2347328's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2018

I noticed on the scorecard that the slope was 139 which is higher than any course I have ever played from the white tees. It’s even harder than that.I don’t mind a diffult course as long as it is fair. I should have listened to a golfer guy we met in an elevator a week ago who said he didn’t care for the course because he thought it punished too many good shots. I didn’t know what he was talking about until we played the first few holes. I know now. Our group has an average age of 72 and we felt beat up after our round. A scratch golfer who can pick his landing area and make the ball stop quickly on the greens may think it is great.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/09/2018:

James, thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback as well as the 3-stars. We are sorry to hear about any frustration regarding the layout and challenge of our course, but your comments are valued as we will pass them to our staff. We hope your group was still able to enjoy the day with us, and that we can we welcome you back for a better round in the near future.

"Awesome"

DSN's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/01/2018

Loved this course! Beautiful and in good condition. Every hole was fun to play. Course wasn't crowded. It's literally in the middle of nowhere, but well worth the drive. The driving range was the best one I've ever seen. Will definitely play again.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/09/2018:

We appreciate the great review and 5-stars! On behalf of our staff at Coyote Springs Golf Club, we're glad to hear you enjoyed your first round with us. Play again soon!

bison49's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2018

Great staff. Great Course. Difficult greens. Lousy carts.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/08/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review! We truly value your feedback and will be sure to forward your comments to our staff. We hope you had a great round, and look forward to having you back at Coyote Springs Golf Club again soon.

johnabaron's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/27/2018

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/08/2018:

Hi John, thank you for the 4-star review! We hope you enjoyed the day with us at Coyote Springs Golf Club recently and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/23/2018

Very nice course and scenery views are excellent,

A bit out of the way but well worth the trip.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/03/2018:

Thank you for the kind review and 4-stars! We're glad to see you had a great first round with us and we can't wait to have you back again soon. Thank you for choosing Coyote Springs Golf Club!

"Good and Challenging Course"

Ronemac1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/23/2018

Played in near perfect conditions.

Lots of driving area but challenging green complexes. Traps not perfect but it looks like they are trying to improve them.

Will return again.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/03/2018:

Thank you for the 5-stars! On behalf of us at Coyote Springs, we truly appreciate your comments regarding the course so we can continue to improve your experience with us. Come back for another round soon!

"Nice course but others much closer to Vegas similar prices"

u000008193985's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/21/2018

Course is about an hour and 10 minute drive from the strip and in the middle of no where. Course is well laid out and was in great shape. Club house and attached bar and grill are less than impressive, and there is really no other place within an hour to get a drink or bite to eat before or after the round. I doubt I will make the drive again given other options much closer to Vegas.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/03/2018:

On behalf of our staff at Coyote Springs, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We truly value your comments regarding the course and amenities as we are always looking to improve. We hope you were still able to enjoy your first round with us, and that we can make your next time with us worthwhile.

"Slowest course I know"

avug72's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/16/2018

After driving for an hour, I only managed to play 14 holes. I had taken Friday off work to play here but my experience with pace of play was not good. Not worth the lob drive. Course is great and the staff is super friendly.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/01/2018:

On behalf of us at Coyote Springs, we truly appreciate the 4-stars and comments regarding our staff; however, we are sorry to hear your first experience with us did not meet your expectations. We will be sure to pass along your comments regarding the pace of play so we may work on any necessary improvements. We hope you were still able to enjoy your day with us and that we can welcome you back for an even better round soon.

"1st Class"

Jcornelison9's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/15/2018

Booked to play on Wednesday, March 14. We got to the course, and it was 35-40 mph winds and unseasonably cold. This was our last of 4 courses our group was playing that week, and we were really disappointed because we weren’t going to have a chance to have a good experience. We played 9 miserable holes, and decided to call it a day. Our group of 4 included two 8 hcp, a 9, and an 11, but the wind was so crazy we all shot 47 or more. Anyway, we went into the pro shop, and the guys in there couldn’t have been cooler with us. They said if we were willing to drive the hour back out there (we were staying at Planet Hollywood on the strip) they’d hook us up the next day. So on Thursday afternoon we went back. When we got there, we fully expected to pay something, but they didn’t charge us a thing because of the day before. The course itself was great. Greens were fast but fair, the fairways were in great shape, and the layout and scenery were 2nd to none. We followed a tournament, so we were the only people on the course for the last 2 hours of daylight. The weather was cool, but no wind, and we all were very happy we went back. Scores all reflected our enjoyment too! 81-87 between the 4 of us. Coyote Springs is worth the drive from Vegas, and will be a staple in our annual golf trip.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/08/2018:

Thank you for the kind review and 5-stars! We're more than happy to accommodate our golfers when we can and are glad to hear your group had a great round with us. We look forward to having you back at Coyote Springs Golf Club during your next trip!

"Good Design"

acesxthree's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/14/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

Coyote Springs is literally in the middle of nowhere. It is about an hour outside of Las Vegas and is probably worth the occasional drive out into the country.

I played it on a weekday morning in March. The weather was not friendly, winds were blowing up to 30 MPH and adversely affecting the round. I have played this course other times when the wind was no factor.

The Jack Nicklaus design is one of the strengths of Coyote Springs, the layout is interesting and provides a variety of hole layouts. The physical setting is also a plus with vistas of the mountains in the backdrop and no houses or other development around the course.

The staff was generally friendly and the pace of play was good, especially for the adverse weather conditions and a relatively full tee sheet.

Prices at Coyote Springs are a negative, we got a discounted rate of about $130 and that is more than I would pay for this course on a typical basis for the location and conditions. The course would be a better value at half that rate.

Conditions were less than ideal, the course was somewhat dried out and the conditions were less ideal than some other courses in the immediate area. The range area in use was really chewed up and needed a reset. Range balls were older and pretty beat up.

Coyote Springs has no facilities in the immediate area and the restaurant on property, which I did not use, is the only option for food and beverage in the immediate area.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/08/2018:

On behalf of our staff at Coyote Springs, we truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us with your feedback. We are sorry to hear that the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your recent round, and we will be sure to forward all of your comments to the appropriate staff. We hope you were still able to enjoy the day with us, and that we can make your next experience with us more worthwhile.

srid4072's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/10/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

After driving hour and half to get there we were told that there were no carts available and that we might not tee off at our scheduled tee time 2PM due to lack of carts and being busy. Not good way to greet someone that drove 90 minutes. We did end up teeing off around the schedule time but only played 7 holes due to windy/cold condition. Not a good experience and will not play there again.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 03/14/2018:

On behalf of our staff at Coyote Springs Golf Club, we apologize that your first experience with us did not meet your expectations. We truly appreciate your feedback as we are committed to providing you with a valuable golf experience, and hope we have another opportunity to do so in the near future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we hope to welcome you back for a better round soon.

Commented on 03/14/2018

Please reach out to me at karl.larcom@coyotesprings.com. We definitely didn't meet your expectations and I would like a chance to show you we will. We want every guest to have a great time.

"Challenging desert course"

Grogfoot's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/09/2018

A strategically challenging course. Small greens, well protected by steep bunkers and a lot of water. Very aesthetic location away from any auto traffic or city views; just a nice desert landscape. I can't give it five stars, because the pace of play was just plain abysmal. We started at 12:10 and ended after 5:30 right at sunset. Rangers were present and did nothing.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 03/13/2018:

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as the 4-stars.We're happy to hear you enjoyed the challenge of the course and its views, but truly value your comments regarding the pace of play so we may pass this to our staff for any necessary improvements. Thank you for spending the day with us at Coyote Springs, and we hope we can welcome you back for an even better round soon!

"Beautiful Course where you may least expect it"

Dan7Che's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/08/2018

Looking for a course that is maticulously maintained with beautiful terrain and waterfalls, etc. and challenging? Look no further! This course is one of the best courses I have ever had the privilege of playing. They are gearing up for adding another 18 holes to this Jack Nicholas designed course and it will be even that much better! If you’re anywhere near this course, make the trip to play it, you won’t regret it!

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 03/11/2018:

Thank you for the kind review, 5-stars, and recommendation, Dan! On behalf of our staff at Coyote Springs, we truly appreciate your feedback and can't wait to have you back for another round soon.

"Intersesting but..."

K1kelley's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/03/2018

Out there, could be windy. Desk is an A. H. Came early, said full starter got us on 20 minutes early. No logo ball, poor selection of lofo wear. Lots of water and undulating landscape but for the dri e, staff close to mesquite or vegas

Commented on 03/07/2018

K1kelley- I am so happy to hear our starter was able to accommodate you a little early on a very busy day! Please email me your address and I will be sure to mail you a logo ball as soon as they come in! We try our hardest to fill the shop with memorable Coyote Springs items, but understand that we may not match everyone's tastes. My email is karl.larcom@coyotesprings.com.

"Nicklaus designed course works for this hooker"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/01/2018

With ample fairway room, Coyote Springs GC can well be played by golfers who fade and draw the ball. Challenging and rewarding, I recommend this course for all golfers.

"Great Test"

CEOGol's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/11/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

This is my 3rd time playing, and this day in Feb was windy and cold. It is an excellent PRO layout. It is a little bit of a drive from Vegas, and there is NOTHING else around it, but it is worth the trip.

I will visit again in the summer when the weather is hot and the ball is flying!

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 03/11/2018:

Thank you for the 5-stars and kind review! On behalf of our staff at Coyote Springs, we appreciate your dedication to playing our course and are glad to hear you enjoy your experience with us. Come back soon!

Commented on 03/30/2018

Hello! We were running a contest this month for those who gave us a review on Golf Advisor. You are the winner! Please contact jedwards@coyotesprings.com to claim your prize! Thank you for your kind words.