Coyote Springs Golf Club (previously known as Coyote Springs - The Chase Course) is located less than one hour from the Las Vegas Strip and just 45 minutes from Mesquite, Nevada. This Jack Nicklaus Signature Course is highly regarded as a must-play by Vegas golf aficionados. The course's stunning setting is sometimes referred to as "nature's cradle" since it's situated in a verdant valley completely surrounded by majestic mountains and peaks. While the scenery may be beautiful, don't let it distract you from the golf course's many challenges. Water and bunkers await you at almost every turn. One of the most memorable holes is the par-5 second, whose bunkers at the second landing area will force you to think carefully about how to approach the Augusta-like green. In addition to the golf course, Coyote Springs offers one of the largest practice facilities in the country. This 19-acre facility includes 13 target greens and a short game area for pitching, chipping, and bunker practice.

Coyote Springs Golf Club
Scorecard for Coyote Springs Golf Club
Black M: 76.8/149 417 575 228 444 585 393 481 233 439 3795 438 564 185 424 450 375 607 170 463 3676 7471
Blue M: 72.8/144 374 518 185 420 539 368 418 219 410 3451 383 542 164 401 413 345 578 155 375 3356 6807
White M: 70.6/139 W: 77.4/148 343 483 163 359 516 343 394 196 346 3143 358 517 122 378 387 325 525 140 320 3072 6215
Gold M: 65.5/121 W: 73.0/139 343 448 163 359 429 276 306 163 346 2833 300 485 122 325 352 325 503 140 320 2872 5705
Red W: 69.8/131 277 448 127 298 429 276 306 163 281 2605 300 485 107 325 352 276 503 100 235 2683 5288

Year Built 2008
Architect Jack Nicklaus (2008) Chet Williams (2008)

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express

Fun, great staff, great conditions. Vegas Yahoos slowing pace of play and fix your ball marks.

Had a blast. You can enjoy a round and not play well.
The good
Course is fantastic, conditions were perfect.
Staff was very friendly. Great Marshal.
Risk reward layout if you are slicing or pushing right (RH) you will experience a lot more of the course than you plan.
The Bad
If you go visit Bag as and take an hour ride to play a super nice course treat it as such. No fault of the facility players making adding to the R 4some slowing play and not fixing ball marks. If you can't get around your local par 3 league course do not bring that game here. Treat it as your home club. Selfish people is my only dislike.
If you enjoy a challenging round fun layout and spectacular views you will enjoy yourself.
Tip
Very hard to find a flat lie in the fairway. 140 slope rating.
Plenty of soft white deep heavy bunkers.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 05/23/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as the 5-stars! On behalf of our staff at Coyote Springs Golf Club, we truly value your comments regarding the course and your positive experience with us. Your comments regarding the pace of play and ball marks will be shared appropriately for any further improvements. We hope you had a great first round, and we can't wait to welcome you back again soon!

If you like a challenge, this is for you

I've been playing Coyote for almost 3 years and can't wait to get there every time. It challenges every part of your game. No matter how many times I've played it I can find myself in spots and wonder now what do I do.
I highly recommend it. One of the best in Vegas

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 05/17/2018:
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as the 5-stars! We truly value your dedication to playing at Coyote Springs Golf Club over the years and we can't wait for your next visit. Come back soon!

COYOTE SPRINGS GOLF COURSESpril 2018

Beautiful course in fabulous desert/mountain area of Nevada. Well worth the trip...~1.3hrs north of Vegas

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/30/2018:
Thank you for the 5-stars and kind review! On behalf of our staff at Coyote Springs Golf Club, we truly value your feedback. Book another round with us soon!

Great layout and test of golf
As good a practice faculty as is and I have played golf in over 20 states for 40 plus years

Staff is super friendly

95 degrees and 25 mph wind but the fairways are plenty wide enough and very fair

Bunkers are severe and had bit much sand
Greens rolled great average speed ( kept at this speed because of general windy conditions and usual red greens)

Scenic and good variety /layout

Drawbacks are that hard to get any cell service
Leave plenty of time if coming from Vegas , lots of construction.

Pace of play - this in not their issue but an industry issue especially in “resort” areas
Played blue tees , 6800 yards 144 slope 72.8 rating
The 2 groups in front of us played the white tees 6215 - 139 slope and it was way to hard for them
They hit their tee shots everywhere Fairways are 50 yards wide here and they were in the desert all day

This is an industry issue . I guarantee that the golfers in front of me do not play gold courses with 139 slope , deep bunkers and undulated greens
So why torture yourself and all the golfers behind you by playing from the wrong set of tees?

Move up!!! I did 3 years ago and only play from 6400-6800 yards

Rangers - friendly but when say 5 hours is pretty good I don’t see it
I know they are in a tough spot and want people to come back so getting on them won’t sit well bit you run the risk of the golfers behind them not wanting to come back. - 5 hours is not acceptable
I just played Spanish Trail 8:40 tee time 4 some 3;45 minutes
Revere -Lexington 3 some 4;05 8:08 tee time
Both courses were busy
The course and staff are great just need to monitor play closer

Response from #CoyoteSpringsGC on 07/16/2018:
Sam, thank you for your 5-star review and great feedback! All of your comments will be shared with our staff, and we're glad you enjoyed the day with us. Book another round at Coyote Springs Golf Club again soon.
Response from #CoyoteSpringsGC on 07/16/2018:
Thank you for your 5-star review! We're glad you enjoyed the day with us. Book another round at Coyote Springs Golf Club again soon.

What a Great Golf Course

A little bit of a drive and the golf course is in the middle of no where, but what a great golf experience. Practice facilities are A1 and the course was in great condition. Great scenery and lots of water. Combined with 30 mph winds this course beats you up. Marshall Bob was outstanding as I was playing as a single and he moved me up to get me around slower foursomes

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/17/2018:
On behalf of our staff at Coyote Springs Golf Club, we truly appreciate your review and 5-stars. We are committed to providing you with a valuable golf experience and are glad to hear you enjoyed your first experience with us. Book another round soon!

Worth the drive.

If you like real golf sand water and shot making then you will enjoy. If a beginner bring extra balls. For sure add this course to your play list when in Vegas. The only draw back it is a little to high price for the long drive to and from and no real food source. I would think they could do themselves a favor by lowering the price and be packed everyday. Locals playing for forty and us outsiders paying over a hundred is just wrong in so many ways. Happy people will come back often to high price long drive we'll do the math!!!

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/09/2018:
We appreciate you taking the time to share your input with us, as well as the 4-stars. Your comments regarding course amenities and our rates are valued so we may pass them to our staff for any potential improvements. We're glad you enjoyed your day with us, and hope to have you back at Coyote Springs Golf Club again soon!
CoyoteSprings
Commented On 04/12/2018

Hello,

My name is Josie Edwards, Marketing Specialist at Coyote Springs. We would like to take care of your meal from our bar and grill on your next visit! Feel free to email jedwards@coyotesprings.com upon your next visit so we can take care of this for you. Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it!.

Difficult Course and not always fair

I noticed on the scorecard that the slope was 139 which is higher than any course I have ever played from the white tees. It’s even harder than that.I don’t mind a diffult course as long as it is fair. I should have listened to a golfer guy we met in an elevator a week ago who said he didn’t care for the course because he thought it punished too many good shots. I didn’t know what he was talking about until we played the first few holes. I know now. Our group has an average age of 72 and we felt beat up after our round. A scratch golfer who can pick his landing area and make the ball stop quickly on the greens may think it is great.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/09/2018:
James, thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback as well as the 3-stars. We are sorry to hear about any frustration regarding the layout and challenge of our course, but your comments are valued as we will pass them to our staff. We hope your group was still able to enjoy the day with us, and that we can we welcome you back for a better round in the near future.
DSN

Awesome

Loved this course! Beautiful and in good condition. Every hole was fun to play. Course wasn't crowded. It's literally in the middle of nowhere, but well worth the drive. The driving range was the best one I've ever seen. Will definitely play again.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/09/2018:
We appreciate the great review and 5-stars! On behalf of our staff at Coyote Springs Golf Club, we're glad to hear you enjoyed your first round with us. Play again soon!

Great staff. Great Course. Difficult greens. Lousy carts.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/08/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review! We truly value your feedback and will be sure to forward your comments to our staff. We hope you had a great round, and look forward to having you back at Coyote Springs Golf Club again soon.
Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/08/2018:
Hi John, thank you for the 4-star review! We hope you enjoyed the day with us at Coyote Springs Golf Club recently and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Very nice course and scenery views are excellent,

A bit out of the way but well worth the trip.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/03/2018:
Thank you for the kind review and 4-stars! We're glad to see you had a great first round with us and we can't wait to have you back again soon. Thank you for choosing Coyote Springs Golf Club!

Good and Challenging Course

Played in near perfect conditions.

Lots of driving area but challenging green complexes. Traps not perfect but it looks like they are trying to improve them.

Will return again.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/03/2018:
Thank you for the 5-stars! On behalf of us at Coyote Springs, we truly appreciate your comments regarding the course so we can continue to improve your experience with us. Come back for another round soon!

Nice course but others much closer to Vegas similar prices

Course is about an hour and 10 minute drive from the strip and in the middle of no where. Course is well laid out and was in great shape. Club house and attached bar and grill are less than impressive, and there is really no other place within an hour to get a drink or bite to eat before or after the round. I doubt I will make the drive again given other options much closer to Vegas.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/03/2018:
On behalf of our staff at Coyote Springs, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We truly value your comments regarding the course and amenities as we are always looking to improve. We hope you were still able to enjoy your first round with us, and that we can make your next time with us worthwhile.

Great condition and course

Coyote Springs is the best course you can play in Nevada in my opinion. The course is always in top condition, pace of play is great and the staff are always very helpful. Cannot say enough about this course get out and play this great Jack Nicklaus course!!!!!

Response from #CoyoteSpringsGC on 05/31/2018:
Thank you for your kind review and 5-stars! We truly appreciate your feedback regarding our course and staff, as well as your dedication to playing at Coyote Springs Golf Club! Your comments will be shared with our staff and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Slowest course I know

After driving for an hour, I only managed to play 14 holes. I had taken Friday off work to play here but my experience with pace of play was not good. Not worth the lob drive. Course is great and the staff is super friendly.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/01/2018:
On behalf of us at Coyote Springs, we truly appreciate the 4-stars and comments regarding our staff; however, we are sorry to hear your first experience with us did not meet your expectations. We will be sure to pass along your comments regarding the pace of play so we may work on any necessary improvements. We hope you were still able to enjoy your day with us and that we can welcome you back for an even better round soon.

1st Class

Booked to play on Wednesday, March 14. We got to the course, and it was 35-40 mph winds and unseasonably cold. This was our last of 4 courses our group was playing that week, and we were really disappointed because we weren’t going to have a chance to have a good experience. We played 9 miserable holes, and decided to call it a day. Our group of 4 included two 8 hcp, a 9, and an 11, but the wind was so crazy we all shot 47 or more. Anyway, we went into the pro shop, and the guys in there couldn’t have been cooler with us. They said if we were willing to drive the hour back out there (we were staying at Planet Hollywood on the strip) they’d hook us up the next day. So on Thursday afternoon we went back. When we got there, we fully expected to pay something, but they didn’t charge us a thing because of the day before. The course itself was great. Greens were fast but fair, the fairways were in great shape, and the layout and scenery were 2nd to none. We followed a tournament, so we were the only people on the course for the last 2 hours of daylight. The weather was cool, but no wind, and we all were very happy we went back. Scores all reflected our enjoyment too! 81-87 between the 4 of us. Coyote Springs is worth the drive from Vegas, and will be a staple in our annual golf trip.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/08/2018:
Thank you for the kind review and 5-stars! We're more than happy to accommodate our golfers when we can and are glad to hear your group had a great round with us. We look forward to having you back at Coyote Springs Golf Club during your next trip!

Good Design

Coyote Springs is literally in the middle of nowhere. It is about an hour outside of Las Vegas and is probably worth the occasional drive out into the country.

I played it on a weekday morning in March. The weather was not friendly, winds were blowing up to 30 MPH and adversely affecting the round. I have played this course other times when the wind was no factor.

The Jack Nicklaus design is one of the strengths of Coyote Springs, the layout is interesting and provides a variety of hole layouts. The physical setting is also a plus with vistas of the mountains in the backdrop and no houses or other development around the course.

The staff was generally friendly and the pace of play was good, especially for the adverse weather conditions and a relatively full tee sheet.

Prices at Coyote Springs are a negative, we got a discounted rate of about $130 and that is more than I would pay for this course on a typical basis for the location and conditions. The course would be a better value at half that rate.

Conditions were less than ideal, the course was somewhat dried out and the conditions were less ideal than some other courses in the immediate area. The range area in use was really chewed up and needed a reset. Range balls were older and pretty beat up.

Coyote Springs has no facilities in the immediate area and the restaurant on property, which I did not use, is the only option for food and beverage in the immediate area.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 04/08/2018:
On behalf of our staff at Coyote Springs, we truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us with your feedback. We are sorry to hear that the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your recent round, and we will be sure to forward all of your comments to the appropriate staff. We hope you were still able to enjoy the day with us, and that we can make your next experience with us more worthwhile.

After driving hour and half to get there we were told that there were no carts available and that we might not tee off at our scheduled tee time 2PM due to lack of carts and being busy. Not good way to greet someone that drove 90 minutes. We did end up teeing off around the schedule time but only played 7 holes due to windy/cold condition. Not a good experience and will not play there again.

Response from Coyote Springs Golf Club on 03/14/2018:
On behalf of our staff at Coyote Springs Golf Club, we apologize that your first experience with us did not meet your expectations. We truly appreciate your feedback as we are committed to providing you with a valuable golf experience, and hope we have another opportunity to do so in the near future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we hope to welcome you back for a better round soon.
klarcom
Commented On 03/14/2018

Please reach out to me at karl.larcom@coyotesprings.com. We definitely didn't meet your expectations and I would like a chance to show you we will. We want every guest to have a great time.

Valid dates: May 26, 2020 - Jul 12, 2020