2.3

The Palms Golf Club at Forest Lakes

Year Built 2015
Fairways Tif-eagle
Greens Celebration Bermuda
Architect Gordon G. Lewis (2015)

Extended executive

The back nine is pretty much a series of par 3’s
Not bad if you want to work on your iron game but far to short if you are looking for proper 18 holes
Greens OK
Played early with nobody in front
Might get tedious with all those par 3’s if busy?

Course Condition

Only good thing with course was staffing.
Course condition was bad. Really not worth 32$

Just right for intense heat of the day.

Greens under maintenance and fairways in poor condition. Good short game challenge and plays quick enough for high heat.

Great service

The service was the best part of this course. We wanted to play it with a few couples because it is not overly long. Course is oddly laid out, and fairways were rough. Greens were in great condition. We had a few members jumping from hole to hole, trying to get in front of us. We were playing best ball and at a great pace. The cheap membership rates will bring out all the hillbillies. Way better courses to play in the area for the same price.

BEST SHORT COURSE AROUND !!!!!

GREAT STAFF, GREAT LAYOUT !!!!!! GREENS AWESOME !!!!

Enjoyable

Nice course for my wife and I to play together. A little challenging being that it was our first time playing there. Excellent pace of play - finished our 18 holes in under 3 hours. Friendly staff. Would consider playing there again.

Hot deals

As you see by our rating we really enjoy playing Palms, 17th of February my husband & I played we paid fees & also paid $38 to play , great deal so we invited a friend to play the 24th we have booked a tee time we are being charged an extra $10 each to play next week both were hot deals .

Enjoyed course good condition

Nice course to play my wife and I enjoyed it, some
nice layouts .Greens in good condition.

No starter

Front 9 great , but when we made turn a group of 5 players in front of us .they started on back 9 should not let a group of 5 to play together or start in front of groups making turn.

Nice course - Rude service

Played a fun course today. The Palms at Forest Lakes. Pace of play was fast and course is in decent condition.

A meal was included in our golf. Drink sandwich and chips. We waited until after our round and only wanted a soda instead of the sandwich and beer. A gal in the clubhouse was extremely rude. She indicated we needed to request a voucher prior to golfing in order to receive the drink. We had played here before and that was not the case. You can work in the public and treat your patrons in the manner she did.

In her defense she was probably more upset with her boss who left her alone to run the clubhouse. Still no excuse to take it out in your patrons.

Mediocre course

Course was not in good shape
The front 9 is a legit layout— the back has 7 par 3’s
If you’re looking to play and don’t care about a pretty course it’s fine for what is is but this course is not in the same class as many in the Sarasota area

A Repeated 9

The staff was very friendly upon arrival. Unfortunately, there was a tournament going on and we had to go off on the back 9. When we were ready to make the turn the front 9 was backed up as they were letting folks off on the front 9. As a result we ended up playing the back 9 a second time. The course itself had a mediocre layout and was not too difficult. We were able to play in under 3 hours and that wasn't bad. I doubt I would go back again.

GOOD PRACTICE COURSE

This short course is good to practice your short game. Most greens are small so you will find yourself chipping alot from bare lies. Really a shame they did not opt for a 12-15 hole course and keep another par 4 or 5 on the back

Course with potential

Great welcoming staff, great carts with gps tablets
( more then one could expect) for the money, however course has poor fairways & very uneven front & back.

The course has some interesting holes.

Enjoyed the course the front nine was really good,the back nine was a little short to many par 3s.still we enjoyed the course.

Hope my review steers people away from this place

The good: greens are in superb shape. Actually just phenomenal. However, if my review keeps just one person from wasting their money at this place then my 15 minutes writing this is worth it. First, I purchased a foursome and my email receipt clearly indicates I paid for 18 holes and a meal is included. When I arrived to check in the gentleman said that I paid for 9, not 18 and that a meal was not included. But my receipt shows 18 and meal included. Honestly, this man was just clueless and after 20 minutes I was too frustrated to continue. I figured I would just continue to play the back 9 anyways and just pay for a meal somewhere else. From the looks of the place, the included meal probably would have been contaminated anyway.

Awesome practice area, but if you’re a long hitter stay away. You won’t have room for woods and probably not even a 3-4 iron if you hit them 210 and beyond. The course itself; layout is just one of the most poorly designed courses I have played. It’s short. I get that. But this is not a course for the “good” golfer. The issue with that is the green and the next tee box are just too close to each other. If two people are teeing off simultaniously then you need a spotter because if someone is just a fraction off, you’re in danger. This is just not a safe course. Which leads me to hole 12. We were teeing off 12, a couple of kids were teeing off 11. We are watching them just in case. We lose their ball in the sun and it nails our cart in flight. Three fee lt away from a playing partner. Could have killed her. No fore. No watch out. No nothing. Being that they were a twosome and we had four we decided to let them play through. But they refused. Probably because they were too scared of us because they knew they were in the wrong. We called the course to send out a ranger and they don’t even have one. Absolutely no course disciple. Ridiculous. They sent out the cart washer. He said that they said they yelled fore and said they were sorry which of course they would lie about to avoid getting in trouble. But our issue was that they refused to play through. The “ranger” would not enforce that. He left and two hole later there was a major back up because this twosome would not play through a group of four. My point is this is the clientele that you will see at this course. And they were bad. Shots all over the place. On a course like this with its sub standards setup that is just dangerous. We had to call in a second time to get that “ranger” to come back out to escort them ahead of us. Then they began to eight putt and chip at will, practicing the short game that they evidentially don’t have, slowing the pace of play. We could have cared less because we were letting other twosomes and a single play through, but their play and the clear negligence of the course staff to enforce proper pace of play made it a miserable experience for about four groups.

Please, for $18 for 9 holes there are much better choices in town. Stay away from this place at all costs.

Great value

I enjoy playing this short par 64 course to work on my game. My tee time was around 7:30 am and I arrived about 7am to hit the range first, but the ball dispensing machine was broke so no warm up. I was
Playing as a single, and I was stuck behind a 3some, but there pace of play was fine, so I stayed behind them.
As I approached the 10th tee box I seen the 3some ahead of me leaving the tee box, but there was now a 2some, an older man and woman getting set to tee off. This is when I started to become annoyed because the pace of there play was extremely slow, and they wouldn't offer for me to play through. As I finished my round I see them tee off on #1. Never will I be a fan of allowing players to start on 10 and hold people up.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020