Waikele Country Club

Championship 72 6663 yards 71.7 126
Regular 72 6261 yards 69.9 122
Ladies (W) 72 5226 yards 70.1 119
Scorecard for Waikele
Champions M: 72.9/130 399 346 367 300 184 409 546 167 559 3277 322 209 507 418 409 550 378 201 392 3386 6663
Regular M: 70.3/127 378 332 353 284 162 377 514 152 527 3079 302 191 497 383 380 523 363 181 362 3182 6261
Ladies W: 70.6/119 295 283 297 249 145 299 443 118 443 2572 264 142 432 307 282 434 320 147 326 2654 5226

Year Built 1993
Greens Seashore Paspalum
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1993)

Teaching Pro No

Single Allowed No

Want to play it again (and again)

The course was well kept. I withheld the 5th star because a couple soggy areas. The restroom code provided by the cart was incorrect. The staff was polite and accommodating. Played the entire round in 3 hours 40 minutes, so pace was amazing. It was a great time on a great course.

Beautiful lush course

Golfed this course while visiting family recently. Good rates for locals. Tee boxes just aerated. Greens were in decent shape and some had some tricky reads. If you hit off of the fairway a lot this course will be challenging as the rough is not typical of Mainland courses. The course is pretty forgiving with the exception of the bunkers. Many of the bunkers were fairly wet without standing water. BEWARE of the winds as they need to be considered on many of the holes. Enjoyed our round!!

After arriving at the course I went to check in for my 137 tee time. The pro shop told me they had just got off the phone earlier but thought I was playing 9 holes. I said no I booked 18 and after mass confusion for which they had no real info on me other than my name, they charged me 100 bucks. It was booked for 90 minus the 17 which was already paid to golf now so I ended up paying 117. They jammed the golfers in and called for the carts back at 530 so I ended up playing 15 holes. By the time I got back the pro shop was closed so I couldn’t talk to anyone. It’s too bad because it was a nice course. I could of played another 1/2 hour at least before it got dark.

Great day at this course although the greens had not been cut down recently. very slow and not on line as ball moved and jumped around on several greens. somewhat disappointing. Rest of the house was perfect.

Very unhappy

I have golfed this course many times and consider it my favorite. I recently got married and my wife and I started to golf together. She is a beginner and we have been going to smaller courses to get her confidence up. So I called Waikele to make a tee time for a twosome because she was ready to make the next step and Waikele is fun and beautiful. The person that answered, who was hard to understand because of a thick accent, said I would be most likely teamed up with another twosome. I said I preferred just a twosome and she said maybe. So we go to our tee time and my name is not on the list and I am told that I CANNOTbe be a twosome only foursomes are allowed. In fact the workers taking our bags went so far as to tell me and my wife if we like to be a twosome we would have to pay for a foursome. They said this several times implying that we were not smart in understanding how this procedure works. I have been golfing for over 15 years in Hawaii and I have never been treated like this by anyone at a golf course. We called Price and got an immediate tee time for a twosome no questions asked. I am no longer going to golf at Waikele and I will share my experience with holders I know. I don't know what happened but I know there has been a change in ownership and if this is what they condone I am appalled.

Disappointed... not the same anymore

We have played this course every year for the last 4 years while on holidays. The first 2 years were great. The last 2 years have been horrible. The last round took 5 1/2 hours to play. They cater heavily to the tourists that come in busloads. There was one instance where there were 4 groups on playing on the same par 5 cause it was so backed up. Some groups even joined together to make a 6somes in order to try to make it bareable. The marshals are completely useless. I thought it was a one off last year, but this year they proved me correct. This course is definitely trending in the wrong direction.

Texas Advisor

A Surprising Gem

This golf course has to be the biggest sleeper on Oahu. We actually were referred here by the pro shop at Royal Kunia Golf Club. This course is in fine condition, everything is clean and neat. There are beautiful plants everywhere. The carts are new and come with GPS. The starter is very friendly, the clubhouse is neat and well done.It is designed as an 19th century Hawaiian plantation house. They are great prices for residents and some on Golf Now. Tees and greens are in good condition, and pace of play was good with Mike the Marshall on patrol. Waikele is our favorite Oahu course of the five we played this year so far.

Waipahu, Hawaii