2.3

Royal Kunia Country Club

Year Built 2003
Architect Robin Nelson (2003) Mark Miller (2003)

COVID FRIDAY

Amid with some restriction due to COVID-19, it was great being out in the open without a face mask, Loved the gadget on putting green since you putt your ball into the cup. Just use your putter to move the gadget up so the ball comes out of the cup without touch the flag. Was in bunker few times and was hard getting used to not having to rake the sand. Other then than that, it was great round. Highly recommend anyone for play at Royal Kunia. And what view of Diamond Head from almost every hole.

After covid19 stayhome

Hi I've played here multiple times after lockdown and I think the greens got worse. I know more people are playing now, but more patch spots on the greens. Also with the new rules, the raised cup gives us a false sense of making the shot. You can just bang it off while other golf courses have a little dip into the hole but still can retrieve the ball without touching the stick. The tee boxes were in great shape nice and green. The single carts makes the round faster in my opinion. Again it's nice to be able to play so I'm not complaining. Last thing the ladies in golf shop are very friendly and welcoming even with the phones ringing. I would still recommend playing here.

Pedro

As expected

Greens were not quite to par with usual conditions. a bit slow and not smooth as usual. perturbed with restaurant closing at 200. still plenty people around. anywho, biggest gripe this day was lack of marshall. had a 3 ball holding everyone up. I shouldn't have to call pro shop to send someone.no one comes. get to the turn and 3 outside guys sitting down on okoles doing nothing.

Covid greens

The greens are in sad and ugly condition. Golf ball bounces and zig zags all over the creation. Did not find one green in decent shape. I thought after 6 weeks of nobody around playing the course would be in top shape. It’s the opposite Shame on you Royal Kunia taking advantage of the golfers. Please take my advice golfers stay away from this cow pasture trying to pass as a golf course.

Commented on 05/15/2020

Aloha Vland. Thank you for the review and feedback. I am sorry that you did not had a great experience at Royal Kunia Country Club, Inc.. During the time were closed in operation, since no golfers playing, we had our green maintenance and management program for the greens and still in the process of grown and smooth the grass until first week of May. We do hope that you will not dissuade from coming in again to play at the course. WE TRULY VALUE our customers and I would like to get more information from you, and address this appropriately.
Please feel free to contact me, Dinah at Admin 808 688 9555 , dinah@royalkuniacc.com

Greens

The course generally is in good shape except the greens which are bad. Nice views of Honolulu but not worth the amount charged to play this course as a visitor. Locals get a huge discount. There are many other nicer courses.

Nice Golf Course with some Good Views

I liked the course some nice variety to the holes, not overly hard or narrow. Would certainly play it again. I assume conditions were average for Winter.
Generally I find the non-resident rates at golf courses in Hawaii to be unfair, where I live we typically charge $15-25 premium for non-residents, not 50 - 60%. That being said the Golf Now hot deal I got for $62 was a good price for this course. I thought a fair value for this course to be about $75, no where near the $150 non-resident rate.

Commented on 05/15/2020

Aloha!

Mahalo for you review. We are so glad to hear that you had a great experience at Royal Kunia Country Club, Inc. Hope to see you again. Please feel free to contact me (Dinah) , 808 688 9555, dinah@royalkuniacc.com

An Enjoyable Afternoon of Golf

A pleasant course tucked away in Kunia.
Many lovely views of Diamond Head and Honolulu in the distance, Pearl City an the Harbor. A golfer friendly layout with some challenging par threes and some water to keep you focused. Enjoyed the finish at 18.
The greens could use some more attention... golfers remember to repair your ball marks.
I would include this corse in your visit to Oahu. Cost is definitely more reasonable than other area courses. Mahalo

Would Not Pay Non-Resident Rate to Play

Pros: Arrived early. Friendly staff.let me go out right away. Linked up with some locals and had a great time.

Cons: Course conditions: Tees and fairways good; greens spotty with inconsistent speed (ball stopped going downhill on multiple occasions). Glad I used Golfnow Hot Deal as conditions do not warrant paying the non-resident rate of $160. However I would play again if the Hot Deal was available,

One of my favorites on O'ahu

We are from Canada and we travel to O'ahu about once per year. The Royal Kunia is one of my favorites to play. The course layout allows myself ( an 8 handicap) and my wife (novice) to enjoy the day. The course is both beautiful and challenging. Yet a beginner will still have lots of fun also. The view from the golf course over looking Pearl Harber and Diamond Head is spectacular. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. We highly recommend this place.

Nice views

Very quiet course. Far enough away from the hustle & bustle of the city with great views.
Best to get a tee time before 12:00p (fall/winter season) or you may not finish 18 holes. We started at 1:45p and was only able to complete 16.

Disappointed

This course isn’t terrible and maybe I’m being harsh because I’ve played this course a bunch of times but it’s been 4 years since until this weekend. The course looks like it hasn’t been kept like they used to keep it, seems like a lot of new staff. Biggest complaint is the pace of play was slow and the course conditions weren't what they once were, the lady inside at the register should work on her customer service but the lady at the cart return was super nice.

One of the few golf courses.

One of the few golf courses that non-residents can book at Golf Now in Hawaii.

Royal Kunia

Beautiful course. Well laid out. I will play again.

Greens recently punched

Nice course, great views, some interesting holes. Not overly challenging. Wasn’t aware greens were punched until I arrived.

Good little gem

We wanted to golf while on the island and found this little gem on golf now. Paid in full with golf now to get the locals rate but have a feeling they would have given it anyway. There was nobody playing (not surprising for a Wednesday local course) so pace of play was up to us. The prices in the pro shop and snack shop were reasonable too.

The course itself wasn’t in tour shape but I’ve seen a lot worse. Having said that, they did disclose that they had just aerated the greens but they really weren’t in too bad of shape.

Great views, green grass with forgiving layout, and cold beer made this a great day off from the beach. Lol

Waipahu, Hawaii