Royal Kunia Country Club

Royal Kunia Country Club
Scorecard for Royal Kunia
Black M: 73.8/135 552 406 432 414 207 423 368 200 621 3623 609 412 329 198 349 391 421 180 495 3384 7007
Blue M: 71.6/131 502 377 405 387 185 393 336 178 594 3357 582 380 298 184 327 363 397 144 475 3150 6507
White M: 69.2/125 W: 74.2/126 477 349 380 344 175 365 311 150 564 3115 540 360 274 154 303 324 362 126 444 2887 6002
Gold M: 64.5/116 W: 68.1/110 385 286 304 307 157 275 251 129 492 2586 476 270 211 118 270 243 293 108 370 2359 4945

Year Built 2003
Architect Robin Nelson (2003)

Monday midday

Although a lot of people were out there, we made it around in 4 hrs. Tees & greens were above average shape. The rough was fair where I played most of my golf. Starter pushed us right out. He was very nice.

Extremely slow golf and over priced for visitors.

While the course was in good condition, the play was extremely slow. There were 4 groups waiting at the 1st par 3. Also, the price is very high for visitors. There are a number of other courses I would rather play. I will not ever come back for the $150 fee.

Great round

Played on a Saturday, even though I had a 2:20 tee time they let me go an hour early. Great staff- very friendly. Beautiful course- great play for a Saturday.

Not your average country club

Let me start by saying we enjoyed our round in spite of the fact the course is not worth $150 USD. Paid $45 on GolfNow and consider that what it’s worth. However, don’t be mislead, this is not a country club course by North American standards, but more by Caribbean standards. Best way to describe the club house is it’s like a couple portables joined together. Felt like a municipal course. Golf carts are old, and no gps, which is fine. Course itself was in decent condition and the layout is ok with a few picturesque holes. Pace of play was perfect as there weren’t many golfers the day we played.

I rented clubs, premium set $50 was a newer set of TM Burneres which was fine..

No beverage cart came around though we there was one.

Course was in great shape..staff was very friendly I highly recommend this course. Pace of play was excellent..didn't have to wait at all.

Manny & Sue, Phx Az

Great price!! Great greens, tee boxes and fairways were pristine! Will definitely be back and highly recommend this course. 5 Star

Great Escape!!

My wife and I tried this course specifically because of the "Hot Deal" on GolfNow.com. Upon arrival we were placed behind a group of 14 visiting "hackers" who tried their level best to keep up the pace of play. A little on the slow side (finishing at 5hr + 30min). The course is in OUTSTANDING shape, the greens are running quick (not overly fast) but true, and the occasional view of Waikiki and Diamond Head are a treat. Our tee time took us into the tail end of the day when the sea breeze basically stopped which brought out the insects. Beautiful course with a nice comfortable layout made for a very affordable and enjoyable vacation day.

Solid Option On The South Shore

Royall Kunia is a decent golf course with very nice views of Pearl Harbor on several holes. I found the layout to be interesting yet very playable. The course is in decent shape and the greens for the most part ran true, but the course is not immaculately manicured like some of the resort courses you will find in Hawaii. The staff is extremely friendly. The clubhouse and amenities are, however, somewhat "bare bones." I found the pace of play to be somewhat disappointing, with my round exceeding 4 hours and 45 minutes. Nonetheless, the layout, the views, and the friendliness of the staff place this course in the "recommend" category for me.

Nice course with beautiful views

Loved this course - our second time playing here. Course in very good condition.

Fun Day

Course was in great shape, and played fair. Sherry in the club house was excellent and was very friendly.

SLOW PLAY

We gave up after 5 hours when we were standing on the 15th tee. Ridiculously slow. The course was OK shape but for the price we paid, it was in poor shape. They had gas golf carts which means you get to breathe the fumes for 5 plus hours. Don't waste your time or your money.

Plays Twice a year

Great course after the first few holes

This course is in great shape and super fun except for the first few greens. They were in horrible condition. Staff was friendly and sent us out early before a big group which allowed us to play fast.

WAY too much money

I have no problem with the layout of the course or the condition of the fairways and rough. Problems are no sand in the bunkers and the greens are worse than horrible.

To charge a non resident $150 for greens that are unputtalble is a total ripoff. In addition the layout was find but certainly not worth $150 even if the greens were perfect.

Play somewhere else or leave your clubs at home.

I'd play this course every day if I could.

The service at the Pro shop was A-1 friendly and genuine and courteous; far better than any mainland pro shop. Every one was great and so was the course.

Hassled by marshal

Hassled by marshal to speed up. Mind you, we were on the end of the 16th hole and had 2 holes left to play. We finished the 18 in 3 hours and 45 mins which was some of the fastest play I can possibly do. An average golf round for a group of average golfers is 4 1/2 hours. 4 hours is going fairly fast and 5 is slightly slow. 3:45 minutes is extremely fast okay. We’re not pros and we’re paying $150 on vacations to enjoy the morning golfing. I don’t expect to be hassled and have the last two holes ruined because I’m told to speed up. The greens on top of that were in horrid condition and fairways were in just okay condition. Sand traps were like cement. Pretty good views and overall I had fun but that ruined my experience there being hassled at the end on top of expensive play with bad upkeep. We got half off at another course because their greens were being repaired as it seems they were trying to do here. Bad management overall and you will feel it. And no matter how dat you play you will be hassled. Enjoy.

Great Value Course

The course set up and conditions were awesome, except for the greens. The greens were not in very good condition today and was tough judging putts and chips.

The view of Diamond Head and Honolulu were beautiful and the course holes were challenging.

Course in challenging

Played during weekday on a overcast and intermitment rain. Took 4 hours to play, nobody ahead or behind.

Very hilly with flat lies only in the fairway.

Biggest disappointment were the greens. Some type of disease left burnt grass spots and dirt patches on nearly every green.

Price should be reduced until they greens can be fixed.

Waipahu, Hawaii