Ko Olina Golf Club

Type Public/Resort
Ko Olina Golf Club
Scorecard for Ko Olina Golf Club
Red M: 73.6/138 518 412 362 203 528 373 444 195 438 3473 413 355 183 514 516 353 227 353 428 3342 6815
White M: 71.9/133 487 387 345 184 506 357 412 165 409 3252 393 337 166 500 498 340 205 338 403 3180 6432
Gold M: 69.7/128 432 371 328 154 484 342 384 141 368 3004 361 323 148 483 464 329 187 328 377 3000 6004
Blue W: 70.4/122 427 321 277 125 438 212 244 100 332 2476 307 321 119 431 413 295 169 303 313 2671 5147

Year Built 1990
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1990)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Fivesomes Allowed Yes
Walking Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire must be worn at all times

Ko Olina

Great track, friendly service, gps in carts is a bonus plus located on the west side of the island provides a much dryer course compared to others here.

Put it on your list. So far best yet

Beautiful Course

The course was right across the street from the beautiful hotel resorts of West Oahu at Ko Olina.

The price was very high but compared to other Pro Courses was not that bad. The course was well maintained and amazingly fairly easy to play and score well. The only bad thing was they did not accept the Golf Now rate that I had agreed to. I paid $64.00 on-line to Golf Now expecting to pay the balance at the course as Golf Now promised. However, the course did not honor the $64.00 that I had paid already to Golf Now. I am desperately trying to get a refund or credit from Golf Now at this time.

Great Track

This was a very playable course. It is definitely overpriced. I had looked forward to playing it from the moment we planned our trip. I thoroughly enjoyed playing the course.

My only disappointment was the fact that we had to play behind a 5-some which really slowed the pace of play. For the over-priced amount charged for non-resident green fees, the fact that the course allowed a 5-some out on the course was certainly aggravating. This is something you might expect to run into when playing some goat fields on the mainland at much lower rates.

Not sure I would play this course again, if I ever come back.

Pristine

Very well managed and maintained. Visually stunning course, but without the ocean or mountain vistas. It was our first of 16 courses to play in Hawaii. So playable and well maintained, it remained in our top 6 courses despite not having the views.

Overpriced Ko Olina

Very nice golf course. Fairways were excellent. Staff was friendly and helpful. Place of play was excellent the day I played...under 4 hrs. One staff member did say on weekends and holidays pace of play is longer. True, there are no ocean views, but it is still very nice with hotels on one side and very high end homes on the other. Greens...for this price they should have been close to prefect and they were not. Lots of repair needs to grow out on many of the greens. Surprised they have a professional tournament here (LPGA Lotte Championship) with the current shape of many of the greens. The greens rolled true, just need to TLC on some of them. For me, nice place, but a very overpriced resort course even if greens looked better.

Not so friendly staff

I booked through GolfNow, but the course staff overcharged me, and when I pointed out, they asked me too call GolfNow.

I had to call GolfNow to get it reimbused. Even though I got it reimbursed from GolfNow, I think the staff made mistake but did not want to admit.

Could be better.

We were on our Hawaiian vacation and was thrilled to be able to book a tee time at Ko Olina, site of LPGA event so we were super excited to check in. The atmosphere was more relaxing, not as hectic as Waikiki area and certainly less traffic travelling the area. The course also provides shuttle service to and from Waikiki area.

Check in was smooth and easy. Proshop was well stocked. Staff was efficient and friendly. We arrived a bit early for our tee time and was escorted to the driving range with a small bucket for warm up. Driving range was adequate and we were hitting off mats instead of grass. They also have a large practice green. Given that the tee sheet was full, we waited for our slot. Tee off was on time and we were handed our cart keys 5 minutes before. Carts equipped with a nice GPS and comfortable ride. There was also a snack bar for food and beverage purchase and I suggest doing so before the round as we did not see any beverage cart on the course during our round.

Afternoon winds were a factor in playing. Was told early morning is more calm. Teeing ground was lush and so was the fairways. Bunkers had no sand at all which was a bummer considering this is a top course to play and ranked one of the best in Oahu.

Greens seems to have had some minor maintenance done but did not affect the roll although a bit slower than what I would expect.

Pace was moving but had to wait on every shot. We did not mind as the course was really beautiful to look at. There were some holes that ran parallel to roads and can be a distraction at times.

Conditions overall was below what we expected from a highly regarded championship course but we had fun playing and will return when we get a chance.

Ko Olina

The course is long for older players or higher handicap players. This is a nice course, but it is not on the ocean.

Best Course on Oahu

Having played most other courses on Oahu, Ko Olina definitely provides the best overall experience. From dropping off your bag, checking in, and getting out onto the course the experience is great. After the round, you can enjoy Roy's restaurant or any of the other fantastic restaurants or bars on resort.

If you are only going to play one course on Oahu, this is the one.

Ko Olina is Not Worth the Price

We were very disappointed in the course conditions. The weather had been wet, yet the course had allowed unrestricted cart access. As a result, it was rutted with tire tracks. The fairways were muddy and the rough had been mowed when too long and the mottled grass clippings left lying about. Many of the greens were burnt out or diseased. The swarms of gnats were maddening. When we attempted to talk to the staff after our round, they were not interested in our opinions.

Several courses with much better conditions are found within a short cab ride of Ko Olina. Recommend Royal Kunia and Coral Creek, both of which can be played for 1/3 the price of Ko Olina. Save your money and go to a course in good shape where the staff will welcome you and treat you like guests.

Staff

Perfect Conditions the week before the Lotte Championship

What an absolutely incredible experience to be able to play this course (36 holes) the weekend before a LPGA event is in town. We actually saw a few of the ladies on the driving range and out on the course. The conditions were perfect and the greens were fast. The layout is gettable if you keep your ball in play. Luckily I was able to play one of my best rounds in quite some time on these conditions. Highly recommend checking out this course if given the opportunity!

Great, but not the best Oahu course

This place is well managed and the "service" is great (thank you to "Clive", the generous, courteous and very professional marshal). The course is good and in quite good condition, albeit not particularly challenging. The problem for me here is that I played the Palmer course at Turtle Bay two days ago and that is much better by comparison, in my view. It was in better condition. More challenging. And a nicer experience. On that last point, it is subjective. I don't particularly like the residential setting of Ko Oilina, with houses along the fairways. Again, particularly compared with the Palmer course at Turtle Bay, which is a more demanding course (dam water hazards!) and a great adventure, down between avenues of trees, with crashing waves in ear shot. Good experience at Ko Olina. Worth it. But not the best course on the island, in my view. Thank you again to the very professional staff.

It was a great course. Had challenging layout with very great views throughout the course. If you are a avid golfer and are in the Hawaii area make sure this course is at the top of the list

Not what you would expect

I guess after seeing it on TV (The LPGA Deloitte Championship) my expectations were too high!

The course was 2 week out of aerification and the green were still bumpy and really slow, the approaches to the greens look as if a tractor left tread marks up to the approaches (No Bump and runs here ) while the bunkers were hard clay type sand (Spikes nearly made no depression) and no views to speak of... The layouts didn't show hazards on a few of the blind holes.

The Staff and the amenities were great, including the Golf Channel Academy learning center with very friendly staff, but sad to say it was not a $180.00 course and for the same money you can play Kapolei Golf Course just down the road.

Fun Course, Great Staff

We played Ko Olina twice during our stay at Aulani and we were not disappointed! The greens had been punched but were still playable; accordingly the staff was very accommodating and offered a discount because of the conditions. The layout is interesting with several dog legs and the scenery is everything you'd expect in Hawaii. Tee boxes and fairways were both in above average condition. Even though the course was crowded the pace of play was acceptable. Due to the significant wind, the major challenge was selecting the right club......but it added an interesting dynamic to our game. Overall this is a really nice course that's fun to play and the staff is super nice. I highly recommend it.

Nice Resort Course

Really nice course. Plays pretty safe, there are a few spots where wild drives will cost you. And as you would expect from a tournament course, elevated greens and punishment for hero shots. Bermuda greens may catch some folks off guard. Remember, this is a resort course and its pricey. But it is a fun, well kept course with the amenities you would expect for the money including brand new M2 Rentals, GPS in the cart, complimentary cooler with bottled water, cold menthol towel at the end of your round, sauna/hot tub, and a well stocked pro shop. The range is nice and grass, which I really like and you get a warm up bucket with your round. They always have deals going, so call ahead if you want to save a buck or two and find out what the specials are, especially if you are staying at the Four Seasons, Aulani or Ko Olina. They supposedly have a shuttle for Waikiki too.

Hawaiian Golf at its finest

This place rocks. The LPGA plays here every year and I see why. It is a beautiful layout with great views everywhere. Greens are big and fair. It isn't a cheap endeavor but worth every penny.

Kapolei, Hawaii