Type Public/Resort
Ko Olina Golf Club
Scorecard for Ko Olina Golf Club
Blue M: 73.3/133 518 412 362 203 528 373 444 195 438 3473 413 355 183 514 516 353 227 353 428 3342 6815
White M: 71.6/130 W: 77.6/139 487 387 345 184 506 357 412 165 409 3252 393 337 166 500 498 340 205 338 403 3180 6432
Gold M: 69.7/126 W: 75.5/134 432 371 328 154 484 342 384 141 368 3004 361 323 148 483 464 329 187 328 377 3000 6004
Red M: 65.3/110 W: 70.4/124 427 321 277 125 438 212 244 100 332 2476 307 321 119 431 413 295 169 303 313 2671 5147

Year Built 1990
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1990)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Fivesomes Allowed Yes
Walking Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire must be worn at all times

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 2

Beautiful Course

The course was right across the street from the beautiful hotel resorts of West Oahu at Ko Olina. The price was very high but compared to other Pro Courses was not that bad. The course was well maintained and amazingly fairly easy to play and score well. The only bad thing was they did not accept the Golf Now rate that I had agreed to. I paid $64.00 on-line to Golf Now expecting to pay the balance at the course as Golf Now promised. However, the course did not honor the $64.00 that I had paid already to Golf Now. I am desperately trying to get a refund or credit from Golf Now at this time.

Great Track

This was a very playable course. It is definitely overpriced. I had looked forward to playing it from the moment we planned our trip. I thoroughly enjoyed playing the course. My only disappointment was the fact that we had to play behind a 5-some which really slowed the pace of play. For the over-priced amount charged for non-resident green fees, the fact that the course allowed a 5-some out on the course was certainly aggravating. This is something you might expect to run into when playing some goat fields on the mainland at much lower rates. Not sure I would play this course again, if I ever come back.
Value for the Money Excellent

Pristine

Very well managed and maintained. Visually stunning course, but without the ocean or mountain vistas. It was our first of 16 courses to play in Hawaii. So playable and well maintained, it remained in our top 6 courses despite not having the views.
Staff Friendliness Good

Overpriced Ko Olina

Very nice golf course. Fairways were excellent. Staff was friendly and helpful. Place of play was excellent the day I played...under 4 hrs. One staff member did say on weekends and holidays pace of play is longer. True, there are no ocean views, but it is still very nice with hotels on one side and very high end homes on the other. Greens...for this price they should have been close to prefect and they were not. Lots of repair needs to grow out on many of the greens. Surprised they have a professional tournament here (LPGA Lotte Championship) with the current shape of many of the greens. The greens rolled true, just need to TLC on some of them. For me, nice place, but a very overpriced resort course even if greens looked better.
Course Conditions Average
Value for the Money Fair

Not so friendly staff

I booked through GolfNow, but the course staff overcharged me, and when I pointed out, they asked me too call GolfNow. I had to call GolfNow to get it reimbused. Even though I got it reimbursed from GolfNow, I think the staff made mistake but did not want to admit.
Staff Friendliness Average
Off-course amenities Average

Could be better.

We were on our Hawaiian vacation and was thrilled to be able to book a tee time at Ko Olina, site of LPGA event so we were super excited to check in. The atmosphere was more relaxing, not as hectic as Waikiki area and certainly less traffic travelling the area. The course also provides shuttle service to and from Waikiki area. Check in was smooth and easy. Proshop was well stocked. Staff was efficient and friendly. We arrived a bit early for our tee time and was escorted to the driving range with a small bucket for warm up. Driving range was adequate and we were hitting off mats instead of grass. They also have a large practice green. Given that the tee sheet was full, we waited for our slot. Tee off was on time and we were handed our cart keys 5 minutes before. Carts equipped with a nice GPS and comfortable ride. There was also a snack bar for food and beverage purchase and I suggest doing so before the round as we did not see any beverage cart on the course during our round. Afternoon winds were a factor in playing. Was told early morning is more calm. Teeing ground was lush and so was the fairways. Bunkers had no sand at all which was a bummer considering this is a top course to play and ranked one of the best in Oahu. Greens seems to have had some minor maintenance done but did not affect the roll although a bit slower than what I would expect. Pace was moving but had to wait on every shot. We did not mind as the course was really beautiful to look at. There were some holes that ran parallel to roads and can be a distraction at times. Conditions overall was below what we expected from a highly regarded championship course but we had fun playing and will return when we get a chance.

Ko Olina

The course is long for older players or higher handicap players. This is a nice course, but it is not on the ocean.
Course Conditions Average