Harvey Penick Golf Campus

Year Built 2005
Architect PGA TOUR Design Services (2005)

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MC, AMEX
Single Allowed Yes

Clubhouse

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2016 #10)

9-Hole Rounds 24
Junior Golfers 18

Footgolf!

I've played footgolf here over a dozen times and it's ALWAYS fun. Great course and price. They've also done a good job of keeping kickers and golfers away from one another.

Commented on 09/03/2020

Your feedback is important to us, joelkoenig. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Harvey Penick Golf Campus.

First-time at Foot Golf

Very fun for a family. VERY HOT. maybe we will wait 2 months before we go again.

I do think they could consider making a 9 hole course, especially for younger kids. Would help them feel more successful and get through it faster.

Commented on 09/03/2020

Hi u314160694711. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Harvey Penick Golf Campus.

Terrible golf course

It was not a very good course for the price we were charged to play there. $105.00 for nine holes for 3 players. Booked through Golfnow. It’s safe to say I will not be back.

Commented on 08/26/2020

Hello, u000007485713. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We are sorry to hear your experience did not meet your expectations; however, the way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. We are interested in learning how we can improve. Please feel free to comment further with where we can make improvements to earn more stars. Thanks for playing Harvey Penick Golf Campus.

Sharpen short game

Course is generally in good shape. No problem with check-in, carts, driving range or putting greens etc. a little hard to know the layout and distances the first time around. I did take a fall having stepped into a hole that was covered with grass on the apron of the second green. Maintenance may want to fill that in as I could have been hurt worse.

Commented on 09/11/2020

Thank you for your review, cdwxcqm1lfiP4WOcP1hz. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Harvey Penick Golf Campus. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Brief review

Enjoyable short course. Greens predominately in good shape.

Commented on 08/18/2020

Thank you for your review, u314160504477. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Harvey Penick Golf Campus. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 08/10/2020

u314160559123, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (512) 926-1100. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Commented on 08/07/2020

Hello, u314160511912. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 07/28/2020

u314160414250, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (512) 926-1100. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Pace of play was really slow. At one point, there was 4 groups waiting to tee off in the same hole.

None of the people on the course know golf etiquette, almost got hit by a golf ball on the first hole. The group didn't even warn that they were hitting right at us.

If you've never played golf before and you want to go out and play 18, this is the course for you!

Difficulty Extremely Easy
Commented on 07/31/2020

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

FootGolf

An affordable, fun place to play FootGolf among the golfers. We found everyone friendly and accepting of us as FootGolfers.

Commented on 07/15/2020

Thank you for your review, u314160181503. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Harvey Penick Golf Campus. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 07/08/2020

Brocksbigbucks, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (512) 926-1100. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Commented on 07/08/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u314160350168. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

A sweet course and fairly challenging

I played this course with my grandson because it’s kid friendly, I can get a cart and there’s no pressure from other golfers. About half the holes are very tight with tall rough. The greens are not bad. Fairways mostly a mix of Bermuda, Saint Augustine and weeds.
If you have kids or just starting out then it’s great, if not, I think you’d be happier one of the Austin Parks and Recreation courses.

Commented on 07/16/2020

Hello JLinsalata. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Always challenging

The foot golf course is in great shape and never fails to challenge us. They’ve cleaned up the holes so they play truer than a before, and they always keep moving the tee boxes to change it up.

Commented on 07/16/2020

Hi u6564692. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Harvey Penick Golf Campus!

Easy peasy

Little slow but a good way to get away for a few hours.

Commented on 06/28/2020

Hi u000003495797. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are interested in learning how to earn those last 2-stars! Please reach out to us or comment further. Thanks for visiting Harvey Penick Golf Campus. We hope to see you again in the future.

Perfect for me

I have been away from the game for years because of health. This was my first round in several years. Course provided sufficient challenge plus an opportunity for success and encouragement. Most enjoyable. Jp

Commented on 07/14/2020

Your feedback is important to us, JayPea1948. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Harvey Penick Golf Campus.

Pleasantly surprised, Good place for practice

I'd never played the 9-hole course here, only used the driving range and the three-hole pitch 'n putt. I'd even foot-golf'd here before but never pegged it. I live near Hancock, another 9-hole course of similar length, so I usually forget about this place. I'm glad I finally played it.

Comparing it to Hancock, which is about 2,400 yards vs. HPGC's 2,100, it's a tricky site to route a golf course thanks to Walnut Creek and other wetlands. I heard it flooded a few years ago. While the conditions are a step below the Austin munis, the greens here are faster and better to putt than Hancock (which has thick rye grass in the cool months and basically sand in the summertime).There are numerous sets of tees and with six par 3s you can give your mid-irons a workout. The 6th hole is long and narrow and requires a forced carry over the creek. It is no cakewalk.

I was the only one on the course on a weekday afternoon and played it twice, hitting tons of practice shots. I felt nice solitude and enjoyed the many bridges.

As the city of Austin debates Hancock's future, they are considering plans not all that different from what is already at Harvey Penick. And with Bluebonnet Hill closed for good, the east side needs this place more now. I plan to be back a lot this year to play both the 9-hole course and three-hole practice course.

Commented on 06/02/2020

BrandonTuckerGA, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon. Please let us know how we can earn those last two stars! Thanks for choosing Harvey Penick Golf Campus.

Cheap

This course is cheap to play. The course is haggard to say the least. The greens are like a motocross track and impossible to play on. Because of the soccer ball golf, the course is all mismatched w Hole numbers. There are few yardage markers on the course and the score card is no help. The check in guy was great and very helpful. Trying to teach a kid on this course I would recommend bringing your own yardage scope, so they can figure out the distances on their clubs. .

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hello, u314159949449. Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. We always appreciate the feedback. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. Thank you for playing Harvey Penick Golf Campus.

Great staff. Poor course condition.

Very good staff. Good golf carts. Terrible greens. Overall two stars for being open in Covid 19 season and complying health requirements. Its still the worst golf course I've played.

Commented on 04/22/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are happy to hear that our staff was accommodating but we are sorry that your experience was anything less than 5 starts. The First Tee of Greater Austin, does not over-seed their greens so what seems like “dead greens” are actually dormant. The greens with sand on them are a result of us aerifying, we apologize if you were not notified about the aerification before your round. Our Superintendent is taking advantage of this unique time and the slow down of play to work on getting the course in its best possible shape. Please give us another try in May and you will certainly have better conditions!

Manor, Texas