Tides Golf Club

1.3
4 reviews

Yellow (W) 72 5449 yards 70.8 116
Scorecard for Tydes
Blue M: 68.1/116 484 289 352 415 476 190 367 194 448 3215 496 319 116 371 144 408 442 332 486 3114 6329
White M: 66.4/112 474 276 340 370 466 174 357 175 388 3020 486 309 106 361 121 398 430 306 476 2993 6013
Yellow M: 62.1/109 W: 66.2/109 464 266 330 315 406 103 305 117 360 2666 469 235 96 351 110 345 365 237 446 2654 5320

Year Built 1973
Greens Tifdwarf Grass
Architect David Gill (1973)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover
Dress code No tank tops or cutoff jeans

Course in Bad Shape

Golfed at the Tides during vacation. Our foresome had early morning reservations with bag rentals. When we arrived, we found out two of our bags were given to someone else. The ladies clubs they offered were too short and useless. Nevertheless we were charged for four bag rentals. We had no choice but to share clubs. Once on the course, we found the fairways to be quite wet from the previous day's rain. The golf bags unfortunately were not provided with towels and so cleaning our golf balls was quite a challenge. When we reached the greens we found most in very poor shape with numerous bald spots. After this poor experience, we decided not to return and instead go elsewhere.

Terrible for what you pay!

I usually play here frequently during the summer and it is usually in fair shape for the cheap prices they offer. Before I played here today I heard they got new carts and the prices were raised. I figured that with the higher prices the course would be in better shape... Not only were the prices higher, but the course is in the worst shape I've seen in the nearly 10 years I've been playing. Bare spots everywhere including nearly every green. I don't know what is going on with management but they need to do better. There are many better courses in this area to play for the same price and I won't be playing here again anytime soon.

won't be back

Played Tides today. played same time last year. Course in much worse shape. Many tees were basically sand with some crabgrass mixed in. Fairways have many areas of bare sand. Greens have areas of bare sand and large rectangular areas of sod. Payed $47--poor value. Try Seminole Lakes or Bardmoor.

A Shorter, Fun Course

The Tides Golf course is a fun course to play. For the most part, the course is forgiving with the exception of 2-3 tight holes.

The condition of the fairways and bunkers was good. The greens had very good grass on most of them, but there is serious maintenance and sod laying on a few of them. They kept the actual holes away from the newly sodded areas though.

I noticed right away that the yardages on the card were not matching the yardages on my Garmin GPS. The white tees are listed as 6013 yards, but the course played at 5521 yards. An average difference of 27 yards on each hole. (Actuals were 454, 244, 315, 358, 420,165, 300, 160, 385, 467, 238, 91, 340, 121, 364, 404, 278, 417) The same was basically true for the yellow tees which my wife played from. Not a big deal, but the course is shorter than the card says.

Last thing to add, if you are playing the course for the very first time, I suggest you drive ahead and look at the whole hole layout of #7. It will probably save you 1-2 shots!

Don't bother

This course was not able to keep my tee time and miss informed me when I called them ahead of time to make sure there was not going to be a jam up in the early morning. I had 4 tee time after sunset. When I arrived to the course the parking lot was packed. I checked into the clubhouse and was told there were 30+ people in front of me. (Doing the math, that's at minimum 8 groups and at 8 minute tee off increments I would have to wait over an hour.) I made my case to the staff and they try to tell me that the groups would play fast going out at 5 minutes increments. This would still miss my tee time and I could only imagine the jam up on par 3s. After some back and forth, they offered to have me tee off the back. I told them I would think about it, stepped outside and checked out the greens. After looking at them (they were not mowed and shaggy), I went back and declined.

Really Enjoyed

This was the first time I have played golf and loved this course. Since this is the only course I have played so far I don't really have anything to compare with.

need a hard hat

I really like this course. their staff is great. the people that play out there are awesome. I have never had an issue. the course itself could be maintained a little better "the outlying areas not the course. you do need a hard hat because everything is so close together. other than that I really like the course.

Myrtle Beach Golf
MyrtleBeachGolf.com is the official golf website of Myrtle Beach, SC! Home to the best, most challenging and fun golf courses in the country! From private, semi-private and public courses, Myrtle Beach is your destination of choice for a great golf vacation.

no rain check

rain came after 9 holes, they would not give us a rain check for another 9 because we had purchased from golfnow.com

Managed by the Rude and Stupid

Today was a hot summer's day in Seminole Florida but my wife and I, being the die hard golfers we are, decided to play anyway. We found a discount rate online and booked a tee time at The Tides for 3:17. The sky was clear and the sun hot until we finished the front side, then, out of no where a thunder storm hit that brought severe lightning with it. The golfers on the course evacuated to the club house and then, at 5:00 PM during the height of the storm, management closed the bar, club house and all the amenities as they do every day at that time. The difference was that they locked all of the paying golfers out of the club house directly into the rain and lightning as there is very little shelter save for the club house, and the staff wasn't a bit nice about it. To add insult to injury, I was told that they did not provide rain checks ... especially to golfers who play at a discounted rate they offer the public on their own web site! Really? No wonder this recreational service business is financially strapped! The manager should be terminated immediately and ownership should reevaluate its attitude toward paying customers. I will never spend another dime at The Tides because, firstly, the course is nothing to write home about, the staff is rude (especially the pro shop clerk/starter) and management is either so stupid they don't recognize the contingent liability of throwing golfers out in to a lightning show, or they simply don't care. In any case, I'd rather spend my hard earned dollars elsewhere.

I enjoy this course

When you can get a deal on golf now this course is definitely worth the money. Some of the staff is very pleasant couple of the guys not so much. I would recommend this course it is on the shorter end however its fun to play and forgiving if you mess up. Usually maintained pretty well. Right now the greens are punched and sanded.

Valid dates: Sep 17, 2018 - Oct 31, 2018