Located along the shores of Choctawhatchee Bay, Shalimar Pointe Golf & Country Club enjoys a scenic, rolling landscape dotted with trees. This often-overlooked golf course has been considered one of the Emerald Coast's best-kept secrets but the word is beginning to get out. The course, due to its challenging but playable nature, has been used for U.S. Open qualifiers and it was host to the Emerald Coast Tour. The layout features immaculately manicured greens that are framed by strategic bunkering and water hazards on a number of holes. The golf course is challenging but fair with five sets of tees to accommodate players of all skill levels. The course is Shalimar Pointe's main attraction but it is complemented by extensive practice facilities including an expansive driving range, putting green and chipping green.

Shalimar Pointe Golf Club
Scorecard for Shalimar Pointe
Gold M: 74.2/129 525 369 336 458 444 203 364 187 509 3395 401 148 379 559 322 360 217 454 530 3370 6765
Blue M: 72.9/123 513 348 332 435 435 191 341 169 500 3264 373 136 364 544 305 340 199 434 511 3206 6470
White M: 71.4/119 489 325 304 415 409 170 336 152 480 3080 361 121 351 525 294 323 183 416 483 3057 6137
Red W: 67.9/114 436 318 288 359 370 132 307 126 348 2684 328 91 320 450 275 298 164 366 451 2743 5427

Year Built 1968
Greens Tifdwarf Grass
Architect Joe Finger Ken Dye

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Goat Ranch

Doesn’t look like they are even trying to improve conditions. Fort Walton Golf Club is in much better condition and costs less. Today was probably my last visit to Shalimar.

Commented On 06/06/2019

Frank,
I'm sorry to hear about your experience with us. We had quite a set back two weeks ago with the loss of our irrigation system for an extended period of time. That loss during and since having hot and dry conditions have significantly impacted our scheduled maintenance. We could not be happier to get the rains today and tomorrow! I can assure it is not from a lack of trying. I hope you give us another try next time you're in town.

Destin golf

The staff said they lost water for 4 days and lost a lot of the green. With that being said the layout is quite lovely. A lot of character and cool design the course was just not in great shape. Greens were horrible.

Overall for 50$ in a vacation spot not too shabby.

Commented On 06/06/2019

Micah,
Thank you for playing with us and providing the review. We had quite a set back two weeks ago with the loss of our irrigation system for an extended period of time. That loss during and since having hot and dry conditions have significantly impacted our scheduled maintenance. We could not be happier to get the rains today and tomorrow! I hope you give us another try next time you're in town.

Good day at Shalimar

Cool course. Nice people. Somewhat of an 'old school' layout. Interesting holes. Fair course with sand traps (Florida!) all over the place. Greens in pretty good shape. Nice facilities when you check in and also out on the course with restrooms, water, etc. I'd play there again in a heartbeat.

Commented On 05/16/2019

Thank you for playing with us and providing the review! We are glad you enjoyed your round and we look forward to having you back again soon!

Very nice course

This course is designed well and has a lot of character. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Pace of play was excellent. The greens had recently been sanded and possibly aerated, so they were somewhat rough. Overall, an enjoyable round of golf and I will definitely play here again.

Commented On 05/05/2019

Thank you for playing with us and providing the review. I really appreciate the comments on the staff as I am blessed with a good one. It is a good course and yes the greens were recently top dressed. Finally getting the warm weather is helping tremendously! Hope to see you again soon!

Review

A very good course, especially at the price booked through GolfNow. Some parts of the course, including the practice range, were under repair today, but this was only a minor inconvenience. The greens are especially challenging, due to undulations and pin placement . The snack bar closed at 2 pm - too early for afternoon players.

Michael,
Thank you for playing with us and providing the review. The winter played a toll but the worn weather is really making a difference for us and those areas are healing quickly now. Grill sometimes stays open later depending on the amount of play we have. Hope to see you again soon!

Commented On 05/05/2019

Thank you for playing with us and providing the review! Hope to see you again soon!

Commented On 05/05/2019

Thank you for playing with us and providing the review! We hope to see you again soon!

Robert,

Disappointing!

No grass on the course. Bunkers unkept. Cannot comment on greens as they were recently aerated to add to our disappointment. To pay $44 and play the best course in the area for $11 more Doesnt make sense. Staff was great and friendly but we won’t be back.

Commented On 05/05/2019

Thank you for playing with us and providing the review. We did go through a short rough period with our conditions mainly related to weather. Winter is a difficult time to recover. I encourage you to give us another try as it is much improved since then.
Shalimar Pointe Golf Club

Not as advertised

Course was in very poor condition. Would not return.

Randy Bensley

Great staff , course is very playable highly recommend

As always had another enjoyable round of golf great course and staff.

Nice old style Florida course

This course is a little hard to find unless you have a good gps. It had a very nice layout with interesting holes. It is old style design with undulating and often elevated greens. There was a lack of grass in a few areas but overall in good condition for winter.

Commented On 02/12/2019

Thank for playing with us and providing the review! I always like a review that can appreciate the layout we have here. It is a good one! Our fairways seen a little thinning in a few areas this winter but happy the overall condition has stayed good. We look forward to having you play with us again soon!

General Manager

The staff was very nice, the course conditions were not.real good. The fairways were very thin, all tight lies. If it would green up I think it could be a nice course. The greens rolled well even though they were green mainly from the green fertilizer and green sand on them.

Too many people on the course.

Pace was slow. Many slow people on the course. We were like packed sardines. Like bumper to bumper traffic. That’s on management. I was able to split from my group, skip ahead and finish 18, though, but I had to skip ahead multiple times. Most of the round, I was playing as a single after splitting from my group on the 3rd hole, and my round lasted nearly 4 hours. I recommend golfing elsewhere.

Commented On 02/11/2019

I apologize for being busy that day and for the 4 hour round. I explained to you on the range prior to teeing off we were busy and being a single would not be an enjoyable day. Thank you for pairing up with the two behind you. I was happy with the amount of players we had that day, we were able to keep everyone at a 4 hour pace. I'm not sure with all the groups on the course, how you were able to find open spots to "jump around". In the future and as a courtesy to the other players in your group and on the course, I would like to suggest you not separate and become a single. It only succeeded in making your round feel longer and added to the congestion on the course.
Respectfully,
General Manager

Course was in good shape. Course layout was enjoyable and I used all the clubs in my bag. Staff was friendly and courteous. Pace of play was good. Course was not overbooked like some. Definitely recommend this course to others

Commented On 02/08/2019

Thank you for playing with us and providing the kind review. We have been very pleased with the progress the course has made and always pride ourselves in guest services! We look forward to seeing you agian!

Great course to play.

Course in great shape very player friendly course. Staff outstanding.

Commented On 02/08/2019

Thank you for playing with us again and providing the review. We look forward to seeing you again!

Great golf course

Course is very friendly to play for all levels, courses is in great shape, very friendly staff , highly recommend.

Commented On 01/21/2019

Thank you for the kind words and the review! We are really glad you enjoyed your time with us and hope you come back soon!
Thank you!

Destin, Florida
Hurlburt Field, Florida
Niceville, Florida

Valid dates: Jun 18, 2019 - Aug 31, 2019
Fling and Swing! Golf Package for 2, includes 1 round of golf for 2 daily, a resort fee applies, 50 USD resort credit per night.
Sewailo Golf Club Stay & Play Hotel Package