Shalimar Pointe Golf & Country Club

GPS: Yes

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Located along the shores of Choctawhatchee Bay, Shalimar Pointe Golf & Country Club enjoys a scenic, rolling landscape dotted with trees. This often-overlooked golf course has been considered one of the Emerald Coast's best-kept secrets but the word is beginning to get out. The course, due to its challenging but playable nature, has been used for U.S. Open qualifiers and it was host to the Emerald Coast Tour. The layout features immaculately manicured greens that are framed by strategic bunkering and water hazards on a number of holes. The golf course is challenging but fair with five sets of tees to accommodate players of all skill levels. The course is Shalimar Pointe's main attraction but it is complemented by extensive practice facilities including an expansive driving range, putting green and chipping green.

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for locals advanced golfers seniors   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks watching the game brunch

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2018

"shalimar"

buckyfloyd's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/24/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

course had been air rated about 2 weeks before we play just a few bad spots on some of the greens

"Needs Rain"

lazyjohna3's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2018

The course layout was fine, the greens rolled good and true. The course just needs rain, and today it rained, I hope they got some rain. I spoke with the staff and everyone was very helpful. I’ll definitely play here again.

Commented on 05/16/2018

Thank you for playing with us and providing the review. We have finally gotten some the much needed rain and it has helped. Still need more. How you come play again and bring it back with you..... Seriously, we look forward to seeing you again!

"Shalimar review"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2018

So dry in this area...need rain bad! Staff was great though!

Commented on 05/16/2018

Thank you for playing with us and providing the review. We are very dry and have finally received some of the rain we need but could still use more. I always appreciate kind words about our staff! I am blessed with a good group here!

"Fairways Bare"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2018

Course has some interesting holes for fun play.

However I played this course this past February and the fairways were bare which I understood. But it’s May and they are still bare. Very disappointed.

Commented on 05/14/2018

Thank you for playing and providing the review. I regret you played us during a very dry time complicated an a break in our irrigation system which has left thin and very compacted. I'm confident the projected rains this week will go a long towards helping us with this. Please try us again when you return.

"Shalimar Point"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2018

The course was in decent shape. Still needs a little work but the staff is all over it. Due to recent cool weather for this time of year it is hard to get the course in great shape. Now that it is warming up, the course will bounce back within the next 30 days. Was playing with relatives from Chicago and we had a great time.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2018

"Interesting and challenging course."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2018

Nice layout, surprising number of bunkers and challenging undulating greens.

Commented on 04/02/2018

Thank you for playing with and providing the review! We are glad you enjoyed your round with us an we look forward to having you back soon I hope!

General Manager

"Good for deal but not full price"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/26/2018

We played this on a hot deal, if I would have played this at full price I would have been very disappointed. Greens were nice but that’s about it. Fair ways were hard and sandy, couldn’t tell if you were in a sand trap or the rough and it was just sandy. Not very scenic.

Commented on 03/28/2018

Thank you for playing with us and providing the review. I think your review has merit as our fairways are pretty firm and thin right now from a lot play recently. That is the reason we have moved up our scheduled fairway aerification to this week in effort to give them some relief. Please give us another chance following this aerification and I believe you'll like the progress.

"My day at the beach"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/24/2018

Spent the weekend in Navarre on a getaway. Booked this early morning tee time with ease and went to bed with visions of 3 putts and slices dancing in my dreams. Not the easiest course to find as it’s tucked way back in the neighborhood. But still made it there 15 minutes before my tee time. Friendly staff checked me in and gave me course info. This is obviously a snowbird hangout as I’m sure I was the youngest guy there by at least 30 Years. Course was in good condition. Greens were in excellent condition. 17 out of 18 were perfect. There is a lot of sand on this course. A lot..... If there was a bunker I managed to find it.... It was a challenging course but a fun course. When I return in June I will be back and this time I will bring my improved sand game as I will be prepared for it this time. I would recommend this course to others as it wasn’t crowded and in good condition.

Commented on 03/26/2018

Thank you for providing one of the most entertaining reviews I've read here! Glad you enjoyed and we look forward to having you and your improved sand game back soon I hope! Need more guys your age too.....

"Classic North FL golf"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/21/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Enjoyable course to play. Located in a quiet bay side neighborhood. Challenging greens.

Commented on 03/26/2018

We are glad you enjoyed your round with us! Look forward to having you back soon I hope!

"No carts really?"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/22/2018

We had a 1pm tee time. Got to the course at 1230 was told no carts available but if we were going to hit at the range there would be carts available. That didn’t happen. Didn’t tee off until 130. This course has been mismanaged for years. No different now. I won’t go back.

Commented on 02/26/2018

Mismanaged for years? I take my beatings when I deserve them but this is not one of those. I personally brought you your cart in the parking lot before your 1:00 tee time. I found out then the guy in the twosome from the 12:52 tee time that you wanted to play with wasn't here yet. I then asked to use that cart for the 1:07 tee time so they could go ahead since all their players were here. You had another cart 5 minutes later and teed off at 1:15 when your last player showed up. Mr. Jones in the 1:07 time can confirm this. ALL 171 players had their carts before their starting time Thursday on this mismanaged golf course including you. Not sure why you would tell this lie but it defines the problem with some reviews. I wish I could believe everything people put in them.

You'll be missed!

DJK430's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/21/2018
Used cart Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

thefisherman4266's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/20/2018

Commented on 03/26/2018

Thank you for playing with us and providing the review. We look forward to having you play with us again soon I hope!

"Nice layout"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/17/2018

If this course was in better condition it could be very nice. Good value for the price.

Commented on 02/20/2018

Thank you for playing with us and providing the review. You did regrettably catch us as we continue to recover from about 10" of rain a few days prior and as we transition from an unusually cold January. My Maintenance staff continues to work very hard through this process and I encourage to try us again.

"SHALIMAR"

mayson's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/08/2018

GOOD LAYOUT BUT NEEDS SOME WARM WEATHER TO GREEN THINGS UP. Greens are challenging and had been aerated recently with lots of sand on top. The course was full with the pace slow on the front and fine on the back. Played this course ever winter for the last 10 years , still needs more maintenance!

Commented on 02/12/2018

Mason,

Thank you for playing with us and providing the review. We really do need some weather and looks like we will get it this week. That will help us continue to make the continuing progress you referenced. We look forward to having you play with us again.

General Manager

"Risk Reward challenge with every hole"

philbondy's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/08/2018

Outstanding value for a public course. Excellent layout, each hole offers challenges to entice you to choose your risk / reward level. The right balance of tight fairways, water, both fairway and around the green bunkers to tease any player to commit to take the risk and go for the pin. This is a definite repeat play course. Snowbirds, this is a MUST play before you head back north

Commented on 02/09/2018

Thank you for playing with and providing the nice review. We are really glad you enjoyed the course! May sound bias when I say but I think the layout is fantastic as well! Look forward to having you back!

DougHill101's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/06/2018

"Great and Fast greens"

Justin9290902's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/31/2018

I have lived in the Ft. Walton/ Pensacola area for the past 18 Years. I remember when this course was one of the premier golf courses in the area. Like shown on the picture of their score card. The course over the past few years has had its fair share of struggles just has every other course. It was good to see fast and true greens again from this course. The fairways were nice and receptive. But still have some issues to address. The course is challenging and at the same time fair. Emphasis on well place tee shots and a excellent second shot are key. The course is still a staple. I am glad to see them continue to make a come back. Very recommended. Play here! You won’t regret it.

Commented on 02/02/2018

Justin,

Thank you for playing with us and providing the kind review! My Superintendent and staff continue to work very hard to provide a good golf experience! I couldn't agree with your review more. Great track with improving conditions! We look forward to having you back!

RickardD's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/29/2018

It is a challenging golf course. Everything was good. Pace, people and the course. Would recommend it to play. Good value for your money.

Commented on 01/31/2018

Rickard,

Thank you for playing with us and providing the review! Sounds you like had a very enjoyable round of golf which is what we strive for. We look forward to having you back soon I hope!