This golf course is closed for business. Not true? Let us know.
Looking for other options nearby?

Style Links

Editor's Note: Course closed for business in 2015.

Tournament 72 7180 yards 75.2 143
Professional 72 7007 yards 74.4 139
Champion 72 6646 yards 72.7 129
Resort 72 6093 yards 70.3 122
Resort (W) 72 6093 yards 75.5 130
Players (W) 72 5461 yards 72.4 126
Players 72 5461 yards 67.3 115
Scorecard for Stevinson
Tournament M: 74.3/140 612 459 396 184 452 515 204 339 472 3633 481 511 160 423 341 444 243 425 545 3573 7206
Professional M: 73.9/137 575 454 388 179 446 511 204 338 464 3559 449 513 155 417 334 437 236 420 540 3501 7060
Champion M: 72.0/130 541 431 369 148 422 486 192 315 437 3341 429 503 142 387 306 423 205 398 512 3305 6646
Resort M: 69.3/122 508 393 338 138 379 459 180 297 408 3100 387 448 109 360 272 390 165 383 479 2993 6093
Players W: 71.9/124 474 356 304 110 367 433 116 256 387 2803 340 413 90 326 233 348 137 342 429 2658 5461

Year Built 1995
Fairways Rye Grass
Greens Rye Grass
Architect John Harbottle III (1995) George Kelley (1995)

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in California (2014 #19)

The course was in excellent condition, the staff went out of ther way to make me feel welcomed. I wish they weren't closing this weekend for good. It will be a great loss for the locals, but it has not been as busy.With the youth of the area not picking up the game, they cannot continue. Such a great place it will be missed. So if your going do it now. I drove all the way from Gilroy it's worth it.

Too nice to close!! :(

Beautiful course! So glad we got to play it before it closes! Too beautiful to close! So sad... :(

Course Closing

Have been wanting to play this course for some time. As I looking to book a tee time I read a review that the course was closing in the middle of July. I played it and was happy I did. There is something for every golfer, water, reward holes and sand traps.The course was in very good shape considering they are closing it. If you have a chance, play it won't reopen, a real shame. Also 19th hole is worth going too.

Sorry to hear your closing

Sorry to hear your closing on July 18 2015 is I recommend you go out and play Before they close.

Last few rounds

Course is in great shape. I hope to play a few more rounds before they close next month

Play it Before it Closes!

The course is challenging yet fair. The greens were at a decent speed but most had some burned out areas around the edges. Most of the hazards were dry due to the drought. The pace of play was decent and we finished in about 4 hours 30 minutes, although our group waited on almost every shot. It's a shame that this course will be closing next month. It is definitely worth the drive to play if you haven't had a chance yet.

This course has great features

We Had a great day of golf. The weather was a little hot but the coarse is in great shape. If you have never played this golf coarse you should really get out a play this one.

play it before it closes.

Course lives up to its reputation. Interesting, challenging track. A cut above. Located in the middle of nowhere it will be closing for good July 18. It's a sad situation but business is business. Get out there before then and enjoy the place before it is history.

Every shot, every club!

Great opportunity to try all your shots because you will be hitting from all different elevations from the fairways many uneven lies due to the oonjelation of the fairways... Very well maintained and great staff with a nice challenge I am a 12 index and shot a 92 which was the best out of the group and that was with only one lost ball so I would say it is TOUGH! Also we played from the blues that was in front of the golds and blacks! Awesome value in the hot deal for 51 bucks... Definitely will test your game... Enjoy!

Awesome day of golf

It was a great day! Great conditions and friendly staff! Look forward to going back.

Stevinson Ranch equals fun

Staying and playing Stevinson Ranch for the first time was well worth a 90-mile trek from my home in San Jose. A fun routing and a friendly staff team up to create a cool little golf outpost in central California. The clubhouse burned down in 2013, but the temporary trailers set up as a bar/grill and pro shop were perfectly suitable hangouts for lunch or after golf for drinks. The 22 cozy cabins, which are also temporary structures, are comfortable for groups looking to stay overnight. Owner George Kelley shared stories of playing on the European Tour in 1975 with my foursome during our round. His overseas influences show up throughout the layout he co-designed with the late John Harbottle. When the course is firm, shots can bounce into greens. Three strong short par 4s force some interesting decisions from any tee, especially the "Alps' hole on the back nine. Kelley has nicknamed the three final water-logged holes "the Gauntlet" because they're so tough. Stevinson Ranch is definitely worth the drive.

Great again!

We stayed and played here 3 years ago. We were wandering CA playing golf at public course. This place is great! I can't figure out how a course this good could be built so far from any metropolis. They also are very "green", as in solar electric, wetlands preservation and restoration, composting toilets on the course, and they even let me plug in my Volt! And such a bargain. If this course were near a major city, they could easily charge $100-$120, maybe more per round. The only disadvantage of this relatively remote location is accommodation and food. Not to say that the cabins aren't great, but other than the pool (seasonal), there wouldn't much for a non-golfer to do. And my wife felt that $9 bucks for a veggie sandwich was a little high.
Finally, I will never pass through this area without a stop here.

One Of My Favorite CA Courses

This course plays long so as a 7 and at 62 years of age, I find the combo tees (10 blue 8 white) perfect for my game at 6380 yards. For younger, better players, the blues, golds and blacks offer longer challenges. The practice facility is second to none and I enjoy spending time on the range before and after my round. The greens are fast and most have false sides, fronts and backs so your distance control and accuracy better be spot on. Miss the fairway and deal with long rough and native grasses. The final four holes are as challenging as you'll find anywhere. One drawback; from the Bay Area, it's a long drive and in the middle of nowhere. Worth it though. I highly recommend the Ranch.

Awesome course

I can't believe I have waited this long to play here. It's off the beaten path but well worth the drive. Conditions were excellent from tee to green. Great layout, very fair but you can also find trouble on any shot. I would say this course is the best value around.

Nice courseā€¦greens suffer from lazy golfers

Had a great experience playing Stevinson Ranch for the first time. Very friendly staff. GPS on each cart was nice. The course was well maintained and quite fair. My only complaint, which is not so much a fault of the course maintenance staff as much as lazy golfers, is how many ball marks there were on the greens that had not been repaired.

Poor weather

awesome

wet but had a great time, fast play, friendly staff.

This golf course top rate. Thumb up.

This Stevinson Ranch. Are the best ever has we did play there on course everything fairway and putter green are EXCELLENT !!!! Or frind and I are play golf much better this course. We will come back again with stay cabin and play.

Great Layout / Good Condition

Played blue's and course played a little longer than expected since there wasn't much roll on fairways, good test. Course layout has very good mix of holes even though the course is flat. Greens very large and putted well, not overly fast, tendancy was to leave putts just short. Areas around the greens tricky, some very nice and were puttable and a few scratchy ruff conditions. Glad I played it even though I didn't play very well. Recommend and worth the drive in my book.

Love this course but

They Need to do something to control the flies. They are disgusting all Over the carts. Need to spray around perimeter or something as they ruin what is a fantastic course otherwise.

Worth the drive

Course was in excellent condition. Nice layout and good shotmaking challenges throughout. Kenny in the pro shop was very helpful.

Turlock, California