Seven Hills Golfers Club

• 10599 Fairchild Rd, Spring Hill, Florida 34608, Hernando County
  • www.7hillsgolf.com

Year built: 1989
Architect(s): Denis Griffiths (1989), Wadsworth Golf Construction (1989)
Type: Semi-Private
Greens: Bent Grass
Fairways: Bermuda Grass

Carts: Yes - included in green fee

Dress code: Shirt and Shoes Required

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals seniors advanced golfers   Challenges include bunkers elevation changes undulating greens   Great for drinks 19th hole specials

"Course was not well kept"

Marionkelley's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/30/2018

This course had grass growing in the middle of the Fairway inside the bunkers. Bunkers were not raked out, grass uncut lose your ball in the middle of the Fairway because the grass was too high totally totally disgusting.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/29/2018

"Such a disappointment"

zordac's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/23/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I was the other car in the lot the last reviewer referred to last Saturday. So sad to see this course in the decline it's in now. With the new ownership I had high hopes they would bring this course back to life. Last fall things started looking up as the owners did a lot of work on the course and had the condition heading in the right direction but since the snow birds left the course has went down hill fast. It's worse now than it was before the new ownership came in. You literally can not tell the difference between the fairway and the rough. I've never had to spend so much time searching for a ball in the fairway. It isn't just tall grass. There are lots of weeds in the fairway too. I don't think it's due to the weather that they aren't cutting. I played other courses in the Brooksville area the same week and all of them were being maintained. The greens are in poor shape for the most part with a lot of weeds and the bunkers are full of grass and weeds. I play this course because it's a mile from my home but I'll drive a little further to play on a course where the owners care about the golfers and the course from now on.

"Seven Hills Golfers Club"

turfking's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/23/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

I have played this course several times in the last couple of years but not in maybe the last six months. I got a great "Hot Deal" from Golfnow.com. I arrived on a very hot Saturday around noon and the parking lot was almost empty. I checked in, got my cart and headed out to the first tee. The carts are newer Yamaha golf carts but are gas and I enjoy the more quietness of electric carts. I guess because of the recent rains they seemed to be behind in the course mowing as the fairways were rather tall and hard to find your ball even when you hit down the middle. Half the greens are in bad shape, and the traps have a lot of weeds so they've been neglected too. Very disappointing to see such a nice little layout receive so little attention. Carts paths are bumpy rough, bunkers are weed overgrown with little amounts of sand. The owners obviously are struggling but when a course gets this bad people find other places to play. The only good thing I can say is that after a 42 on the front I birdied 4 in a row on the back nine and shot a 34; absolutely hit several stiff at the flag and just missed a 5th in a row on 16. If you're new to the game and want to play cheaply this is a good place. If you've been playing a while you'll be very sorry you played at Seven Hills (in it's current pitiful condition). I won't be back until I read better comments. You'd think with all the nice homes that line the course that they would support it better financially. If it goes under so will their property values.

"Worse Course Ever"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2018

I've played on several courses through out Hernando county and have to say it was the worse.

The tee boxes had weeds growing through out and hadn't been cut.

You couldn't tell where the fairway was from the rough.

Grass growing in the sand traps.

The greens were in terrible shape with barely any grass.

This will be the first and last time I'll play here.

"expected more"

whitetees's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

was told when new owner took over they will be working hard to make it a quality course played in April and the course was so so now 2 1/2 months later the course is worse fairway seemed to have more weeds then grass and bear spots and greens were terrible i was hoping the course would be in better shape and do like the course will wait until i play it again hope it is in decent shape

"Really bad shape"

mcfamily5's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/14/2018

I used to play this course fairly regularly several years back. I was really disappointed in the condition of the course. I understand that they are trying to get grass to fill in and trying to get rid of weeds but it was really in bad shape. The sand traps were even full of weeds. The greens had been aerated not long ago but there were tons of bare spots and tons of weeds. One hole I literally had my putt stopped by a thick weed sticking up on the green. I hit a beautiful drive on one occasion and when I got to my ball in the middle of the fairway it was sitting in dirt with no grass anywhere near it. Also, when we tried to stop at the clubhouse after 9 holes, it was closed and everyone gone. It was 5 pm but every other course I play has someone in the pro shop well after 5pm. They have a long, long way to go to put this course back into good shape

"Too bad"

bory1dav's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2018

I like the layout, that's why i keep going back. But i'm sorry to say its in awful condition. But i'll still go back.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2018

"Fun course in tough shape"

Russ8091805's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2018

The fairways and most greens are in tough shape. The greens had been aerated recently and they warn you about it. The greens had also been sanded recently making the puting challenging.

"Give it time... good potential"

hadanjm's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2018

I played this course several years ago and wrote it off. The recession had taken its toll, to the point it wasn't worth playing... at any cost. After reading recently that it was under new ownership and reading the new owner's comments on golfnow, I thought I'd give it another try. Well, the course is still a work in progress, but I do see that they're trying to recover from some severe neglect. While most fairways are still pretty rough, there are some with nice patches of new turf. Tee boxes still rough. And greens also are pretty rough but have been painted, so at least appear decent. For the $15 I paid, it was a fine way to keep my game going between more expensive rounds elsewhere. And the course is at least as good as most in the area since the recession, which actually forced many to close. So, I suggest you give Seven Hills some time, because it's clear the new owners are trying to bring it back. Hopefully with the summer rains, the new seed will take hold and it'll be back to its original glory.

"Needs work"

wgben222's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2018

Fairways and tee boxes need work. Do not pay full price to play this course. It's been better.

Commented on 04/25/2018

We are sorry to hear you weren't satisfied with your trip to Seven Hills recently. We agree that the course has been better. It was better all winter long in our opinion. We are currently in a transition phase where the winter rye grass is dying off and the bermuda is beginning to come back. This is why the fairways and tee boxes are looking very thin. We are working every day to improve the course and have a great plan in place to get the fairways and tees back in shape this summer. It appears you caught us right at the tail end of our winter rates as well. Due to the transition phase we are in, we will be going to our summer rates on Monday, April 30th. The rate will be $25 in the morning, $20 after noon, and $15 after 3pm. We do hope you come back and give us another try here in the coming weeks and see the work we are putting into the course.

"mostly good"

vtcwe's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2018

we drove 1&1/2 hours to get there. We walked in and gave the older man at the proshop our golfnow paperwork. The very first thing he said was you can't play with that. He said we needed a seperate voucher for each person? I said we have played 50 different courses with this printout. He said sorry ut you aint going out here without the vouchers? We told him we know nothing about vouchers. We told him golfnow doesn't give vouchers. Oh he said WHY DID YOU SAY YOU WERE WITH GROUP GOLFER. We all looked at eachother. The gentleman was all worked up over nothing. I'm glad to say no one in my foursome gave it back to him inspite of the fact we were all thinking of it. He did finally say he was sorry for the way he acted. I suppose anyone can have a bad day.

Commented on 04/25/2018

I am very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our customer service during your last visit to Seven Hills. Since the course was purchased by a new owner back in August we have made it one of our top priorities to make sure everyone is treated well and enjoys their time here at the course. As we were also running a GroupGolfer voucher promotion during this time, in which we very often have issues with golfers trying to cheat the system, it appears the gentleman in the pro shop got confused. This is no excuse for him not responding calmly to your group when you came in. I very much apologize that this happened and I will certainly speak with him and make sure nothing of this sort happens again. I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your day out here at Seven Hills and we hope to see you out again for a better all around experience.

"Course under restoration"

mack7685's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Understand that the course is under new management and they are working hard to restore the course. For a wacker, it was difficult to hit off hard surfaces and there quite a bit if them. It would be interesting to come back in a couple of months to see if changes are having an effect.

Commented on 04/25/2018

We do certainly hope you come back and check the course out again in the future. We have a great plan in place to get the course back into great shape and it is progressing as well as it can. With the severe lack of attention the course received in the past years, it will take a while to get it back into good shape. We have said from day one that it will take a year and a half to two years to get it back into good conditions due to how much it was neglected. We have made great strides in the 9 months we have been here, and the next step is to get the bermuda growth back in the fairways and tees. This isn't something that is possible during the winter months in Florida, but will happen during the coming summer months. Please come give us a try again after we have some time to let mother nature do her work and we get the growth started.

"Retract last Review"

beetle9510's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2018

I played her 5 March after reading about the improvements with new ownership since the end of October. I was really encouraged by the efforts being made. I come back a month later and it looked like the last time anyone put any effort in was the last day I was there! The Tee Boxes were shot (dirt and tall weeds). The Fairways were barren and the Greens (most improved on my last visit) were so patchy that we played under GUR rules to get a decent line to the hole. The worse parts of the course were the Bunkers. Completely left to Mother Nature. Talked with a couple of others in the parking lot after the round and they agreed with my assessment. Too bad, seemed like it was on the mend.

Commented on 04/25/2018

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your most recent trip to Seven Hills. The first time you came out, was during peak conditions for our winter rye grass we overseeded with to thrive. You saw the course in the best possible shape we could have gotten it for the winter from the deplorable condition it was in when purchased back in August. However, since we didn't take over the course until late August, we didn't have time to grow any bermuda grass in to be there when the rye begins to die off as the temperatures rise. This seems to be what you experienced your most recent time out. I promise you we have not backed off working on the course. We have began our summer treatment program to get the bermuda growing again on the tees, fairways, and greens. Unfortunately, that takes time. This is why we have dropped the price as we continue to work on the golf course. As far as the bunkers go, we have recently sprayed them out to kill off some of the weeds that have began to come back into them as the weather heats up and are focusing on getting them back into the better shape you saw this winter.

The course is still very much on the mend and we hope that you give us some time to grow in the areas this summer and come back to see us again.

"great course and personnel"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/21/2018

best people and wonderful course, great time every day

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2018

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2018

Fairways need work. Lots of ruts and divots. The greens were in good shape but getting there was a chore. The staff I dealt with were very nice .

"Ok"

Larrykort's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/18/2018

Played with another couple all beginners . The course was ok fairway rough shape greens ok . Good for practice for the price

"Great spot"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/17/2018

We enjoyed playing seven hills which had early weekend tee times at a good rate for the time of year.

Making the change from the front 9 to the back 9 not so good for the flow and building up to tougher holes than there’s the driving range that prohibits any warm up because it’s at hole 9.