Type Public/Municipal
Style Parkland
Swenson Park Golf Course

Year Built 1952
Architect Jack Fleming (1952)

Carts Yes - $15

Clubhouse

Play Swenson

Front desk guy. Thanks for sliding me out. Thought I was late but was actually 23:55 min early. Course is actually improving. Noticed new sand in bunkers and greens are cleaner. Would like to see more speed on the greens still. Otherwise course was enjoyable to play.

Fun time

Fun course to play. Got behind some slower players and they held groups up a bit. Got a tri tip sandwich after the 9th. The sandwich reminded me of an Arbys sandwich. No sauce offered and no condiments. Disappointed. Oh well. We weren't there to eat. We were there for the golf. Def will go again.

Commented on 08/03/2020

Hi u000007739032. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Swenson Golf at Swenson Park Golf Course.

good course

The course is in great shape. Once off the fairway, it becomes challenging but that is what makes this a good course .

Commented on 08/03/2020

Your feedback is important to us, u00000587958. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Swenson Golf at Swenson Park Golf Course.

Commented on 07/20/2020

Hi georgenkenyon. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (209) 937-7360 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Swenson Golf at Swenson Park Golf Course!

Great value for the money

Paid $12 for a round of walking. Course is in pretty good shape, the greens a little slow, but I’ll def be back. Staff very friendly.

Commented on 08/03/2020

Hi u8482508. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Swenson Golf at Swenson Park Golf Course.

Commented on 07/13/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, u6149383. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Commented on 07/13/2020

Hi u2062858662. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (209) 937-7360 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Swenson Golf at Swenson Park Golf Course!

Commented on 07/13/2020

Hi, akreese7. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Swenson Golf at Swenson Park Golf Course!

Pace of play

No Marshall’s at this course so one one if making sure groups are moving at a good pace. A lot of 1 and 2 golfers that do not want to play in a foursome and that leads to this course getting extremely backed up if you place a late morning early afternoon tee time. People jumping holes trying to avoid the delay but that makes it worse. I left after the 11th hole as everything was backed up.

Commented on 07/13/2020

Hello Miguel5269762. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

The course was in great condition. Pace of play was fluid. A few foxes running around out on the course. Can't wait to play again.

Commented on 07/13/2020

Your feedback is important to us, slate925. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. So cool you got to see a few foxes on the course! We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Swenson Golf at Swenson Park Golf Course.

Thursday at the course

The round was 4hrs and I walked so play was at a good pace. green are in very nice shape. overall worth driving 40 min. to play.

Commented on 07/13/2020

Arturo9902557, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Swenson Golf at Swenson Park Golf Course.

Commented on 07/13/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u000003652145. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

Snack Bar

Finished round at 12:00 noon, snack bar was closed. Plenty of outside seating. Couldn’t even get water.

Commented on 06/25/2020

Hi u000001809166. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Swenson Golf at Swenson Park Golf Course.

First time here

I've lived in the Central Valley for 30 years, but never played here until today. Had an early morning round. The course still has COVID-19 lockdown conditions, limiting the pro-shop to 1 person at a time, as well as having both the driving range and the putting green closed. No ball washers, no drinking fountains, no bathrooms and foam inserts in all of the holes. This was understandable considering the pandemic.

Course was in very good shape for a muni. Both fairways and greens in good shape.

The rough is...well....rough. Lots of gopher damage. The cart paths are also pretty rough and in need of repair. If you kept the ball in play however, you normally had great surfaces to play from.

Sand traps were a mess, but without rakes its impossible to maintain them.

Course is older, with lots of trees, which made it challenging especially where the fairways narrowed on the back 9.

All in all it was a great round for a very good price. Really enjoyed it.

DB

Commented on 07/13/2020

Thank you for your review, u2833523. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Swenson Golf at Swenson Park Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

What's with the covid19 policy

Three booked the walking rate on golf now intending to pay an additional cart fee upon arrival. I was told the fee is $17 per player per cart. I was only given two keys. After inquiry, I was told they were short on carts. There were 9 carts in the ready position at 10:50am. I explained we were not of the same household. They "Were sorry". Further, I was told the cart rate was per person without consideration of single or partner sharing. If there's a genuine concern for physical distancing why was I asked to share a cart with a member of a different household? The salt on the wound was watching another player in our group with his own cart for the same price as me sharing a cart? After the round I asked again if that was really their policy to combine foreugn riders and charge the same price. I was explained that policy was universal throughout the valley! I play at least twice a week from Roseville to Stockton. I know better!

Commented on 06/18/2020

Follow up on their web sight shows distancing protocols according to San Joaquin County under section 3, (Equipment), article 3 " Only one person per golf cart, except for persons of the same household." Again I ask, during Covid19, why wasn't this health measure followed?

Fairways are good and greens are smooth. Fresh sand in traps is extra tough now. Fun layout.

Commented on 06/25/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us u000008087947. We are glad that you are enjoying our upgrades :) {business_name}} thanks you!

Great Condition

The course was in very good shape, again. The greens were a touch on the slower side, but still rolled true. I started at 7:40 so the greens were still a bit damp.

Commented on 07/13/2020

Thank you for your review, randalltaronakamoto. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Swenson Golf at Swenson Park Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Green!

Well kept course! Hard to find dirt with so much green! Good prices make this a must play again for me.

Commented on 05/28/2020

Thank you for your review, Kray021. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Swenson Golf at Swenson Park Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Another hidden gem

Another hidden gemI am very impressed with this course the upgrades from today versus a year ago are in credible their sand in the sand traps the greens are in excellent condition the rough it’s in excellent condition I’m very impressed this is quickly becoming one of the better course is in San Joaquin County

Commented on 05/14/2020

Cjosby, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Swenson Golf at Swenson Park Golf Course.

Lodi, California