Style Executive

Year Built 1977
Architect Arthur Young

Clubhouse

Fun little course

This is a fun short course, or a big executive course. Playing with my wife who is not a big hitter is really works for us. Staff was very friendly and easy to work with. Carts were clean and ready to go. The course was not crowded so the pace of play was excellent, 2.25 hours for 18 holes. Greens were in good shape with some showing spots of crabgrass. Fairways were fine and the rough could have used a mowing but not bad. Tees were ok with some being a little thin on grass.
The price is right and the course has some variety so we will play it again.

Commented on 07/10/2020

Thank you for your wonderful review. We're glad you and your wife had a great round of golf here at The Shores. We look forward to having you both back again soon!

Great course for beginners !

Always a good course for my wife a second year player ! Good course for my short game

Wet Course

With all the rain in S. Fl the course had quite a few wet areas. Fairway have seen no weed control and the rough is in need on mowing. Greens were in good shape but slow....Great staff and pace of play. You get what you pay for. Perfect for developing players.

Commented on 05/19/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, pbernard0704! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Shores of North River Golf Club!

Bring Your Wedges

Course is in good condition. All Par 3 & 4’s Par 66.

Commented on 05/12/2020

We agree--the course is looking great for the summer!

Decent value

Tee boxes were rough, fairways were decent and greens were nice. Fairly simple course in my opinion. No sand traps and a few water hazards. Decent value overall.

Commented on 04/14/2020

We're glad you found value in your round at The Shores of North River Golf Club! We hope you're taking care and hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 04/14/2020

Thank you for visiting us at The Shores of North River Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Surprisingly Busy!

Got to course early went to driving range as a large women’s group was in the process of going out! I was able to start about 20 minutes ahead of my scheduled time but it was a tough slog. By the third hole I caught up with the group and was it ever slow. Fortunately the group was only playing 9 holes. When I made the turn it was clear sailing, for 2 holes, until I ran into another woman’s group ahead of me. From 12 to 18 it was backed up. I really couldn’t get a rhythm going and my score showed it!!

However I did enjoy the day; warm with light breeze. Course is starting to show the lack of rain.

I was pleased to see that ownership is taking the coronavirus seriously. All carts are sanitized between users. Carts were plentiful, so you didn’t have to share a cart, if you wished!? No ball cleaners are available and no water available in the course. The ice, cups, straws and water are available at the Clubhouse. I like that they used noodles to block the holes, even though the pin was in the cup. When you putted the ball could not fall into the cup and you could pick it up without any contact!!

Good Job, keeping your golfers safe!! I’ll be back!!

Commented on 04/14/2020

Thank you for the great feedback! The safety of our guests and staff is our first priority, and we're happy to learn you felt safe and comfortable thanks to the necessary precautions we've taken during this time. We hope you're taking care.

Antivirus friendly

This course has taken extreme measures to protect players from contacting surfaces that could possibly be contaminated.
They have done so in a way that does not hinder or cause loss of enjoyment in playing the great game of golf.

Commented on 04/14/2020

Thank you for your wonderful review! We're happy to see our efforts to keep you safe at The Shores of North River Golf Club are recognized and effective. We hope you're taking care!

Great day on golf course

Enjoyed the day very much. Were paired with 2 great guys. Took sometime to get used to the greens but eventually we got into it. Will be back again helped to relieve stress at this stressful time.

Commented on 04/14/2020

We're happy The Shores of North River Golf Club can provide everyone a space to play at a safe distance. Thank you for your feedback and take care.

Great executive course

For the amount of play this course receives it is in very good condition. Greens are fast and challenging. Fun course

Commented on 04/15/2020

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We're glad you enjoyed the greens as well as the challenge the course has to offer.

Commented on 04/14/2020

We appreciate you rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at The Shores of North River Golf Club!

Social Distancing and a Gorgeous Day

I appreciated the fact that the ownership had a big sign on its door that the carts were being thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between every use. I had my “own corona cart” and rode alone!! All players seemed happy to be outdoors and having a great time on a gorgeous day!!

When I first arrived, the course was fairly quiet for the first 4 holes. Then we caught up with groups! Pace of play was perfect. By the time I finished the course it was quite active!!

Played pretty well, had a good time and made a 65’ putt from above the hole on 15......that made my day!!

I’ll be back!!

Commented on 05/13/2020

Thank you for the wonderful 5-star review! We're happy to learn our safety precautions make you feel comfortable and safe during your round of golf. We look forward to your next round with us!

Good course, slow pace

Had a small members tournament scheduled.i feel like it was overbooked. First nine was fast the second half was 3 hours long.
I like the course.

Commented on 05/13/2020

Thank you for the 4-stars and we hope you'll give us another shot soon!

New Best Round at The Shores of North River

Thanks to Mother Nature there was very little wind, which I credit partly for my score today!! It was my new best result at North River.

I got out early, played by myself, was not rushed and really could concentrate on every shot!!! It worked!!

Now I have a new challenge to continue to improve!!

Weather was excellent, course was a excellent condition and I had my best tee shot in fairways and skid my lowest putting number ever, just under 2 putts per hole.

I will be back to challenge today’s result!!

See you A round!!

Commented on 05/13/2020

Thanks for the great review and congrats on the awesome round! We look forward to seeing you back here again soon.

Commented on 03/09/2020

Thank you for the excellent 5-star rating! We're happy to see you had an awesome time at the course, and we hope to see you out here again soon.

Commented on 03/09/2020

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Shores of North River Golf Club.

Not impressed

The pace of play was the slowest I’ve ever played. It’s ridiculous that they allow people to play that slow. The course is poor at best. It was my first time playing there and probably my last.

Commented on 03/05/2020

We are sorry to hear that your first experience at our course did not meet your expectations. We do appreciate your feedback and will continue to work on improving pace of play management, while also maintaining a beginner friendly environment. Thanks again for your feedback and hopefully you will reconsider giving us another try.

Fast greens

Great little course especially for your short game. Fast greens, difficult to stop on as small. Walkable if you need alitttle exercise.

Commented on 02/25/2020

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you enjoyed the challenge for your short game. Be sure to come back soon!

A Great Value!

My friends and I are beginners and usually chose to golf at The Shores. For the price, it's tough to beat. The course is far from pristine, yet we always have a fun time. There are no bunkers, no par-5's, and the layout is a little funky in places. That said, the staff is incredibly friendly, no one gives you a hard time, and since the course is fairly easy, It really builds my confidence as a golfer! Overall, I recommend golfing here if you want a fun, casual, and cheap day out on the course.

Commented on 06/08/2020

Thank you for the great review! We're glad you found The Shores to be a great course for beginner players.

Jensen Beach, Florida