Style Executive

Year Built 1977
Architect Arthur Young

Clubhouse

Not that good

I’ve played some pretty bad courses and this ranks right up there with one of the worst! First off not one tee box is level and there all full of weeds, second almost every par four is drivable so it made the pace of play so slow, 4 hours for a twosome! And third I just don’t think it’s worth the drive or money so don’t waste your time there’s better courses in the area!

Commented on 10/19/2020

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your round and we appreciate your feedback. We are in the process of rebuilding four of our tee box complexes. They are not ready for play yet because they’re still growing in. We continue to work hard to improve course conditions. We hope that you’ll consider giving us another try sometime in the future.

Commented on 09/23/2020

Thank you for visiting us at The Shores of North River Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

A Little Rough

Not sure when the greens were aerated but they were horrible. Some area had no grass at all. Several tee boxes are under construction necessitating temporary tees.

Commented on 10/19/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. We hope you'll understand we are in the process of rebuilding some of our tee boxes. We hope you'll give us another shot soon.

It’s ok sometimes

This is a fun little course to play when it’s in good shape. The pro shop doesn’t like to tell you before you pay that the course is either being worked on or has had its greens, fairways or tee boxes worked on. They will just send you out. They also don’t give any discounts on days that they did work on the course so you get to pay full price to play a course that’s damaged from maintenance. Some of the tee boxes are being replaced and worked on which is great because about 10 of them are not level and can be challenging to hit from since the ball is either above or below your feet when you’re teeing off. It’s a fun little course though. The pace of play is alright. Sometimes it runs smooth other times you’ll end up behind people that play like snails and no one comes out to in force it.

Commented on 09/23/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, edsantos. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing The Shores of North River Golf Club!

Commented on 09/23/2020

Thank you so much for the positive review, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Shores of North River Golf Club.

We played this course in a little over two hours. The course was in pretty decent shape and played very fast.

Commented on 08/10/2020

Thank you for the great review! We're glad you enjoyed the pace of play here at The Shores. Be sure to book your next round with us very soon!

Fun little course

A nice shorter course. If you like 270 +- par 4's this is for you. Green were good, along with the fairways. Tees ok and the rough is weeds.
My wife and I'll will go back. Great staff.

Commented on 07/21/2020

Hi fdstevens. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at The Shores of North River Golf Club!

Fun little course

This is a fun short course, or a big executive course. Playing with my wife who is not a big hitter is really works for us. Staff was very friendly and easy to work with. Carts were clean and ready to go. The course was not crowded so the pace of play was excellent, 2.25 hours for 18 holes. Greens were in good shape with some showing spots of crabgrass. Fairways were fine and the rough could have used a mowing but not bad. Tees were ok with some being a little thin on grass.
The price is right and the course has some variety so we will play it again.

Commented on 07/10/2020

Thank you for your wonderful review. We're glad you and your wife had a great round of golf here at The Shores. We look forward to having you both back again soon!

Great course for beginners !

Always a good course for my wife a second year player ! Good course for my short game

Wet Course

With all the rain in S. Fl the course had quite a few wet areas. Fairway have seen no weed control and the rough is in need on mowing. Greens were in good shape but slow....Great staff and pace of play. You get what you pay for. Perfect for developing players.

Commented on 05/19/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, pbernard0704! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Shores of North River Golf Club!

Bring Your Wedges

Course is in good condition. All Par 3 & 4’s Par 66.

Commented on 05/12/2020

We agree--the course is looking great for the summer!

Decent value

Tee boxes were rough, fairways were decent and greens were nice. Fairly simple course in my opinion. No sand traps and a few water hazards. Decent value overall.

Commented on 04/14/2020

We're glad you found value in your round at The Shores of North River Golf Club! We hope you're taking care and hope to see you again soon.

Surprisingly Busy!

Got to course early went to driving range as a large women’s group was in the process of going out! I was able to start about 20 minutes ahead of my scheduled time but it was a tough slog. By the third hole I caught up with the group and was it ever slow. Fortunately the group was only playing 9 holes. When I made the turn it was clear sailing, for 2 holes, until I ran into another woman’s group ahead of me. From 12 to 18 it was backed up. I really couldn’t get a rhythm going and my score showed it!!

However I did enjoy the day; warm with light breeze. Course is starting to show the lack of rain.

I was pleased to see that ownership is taking the coronavirus seriously. All carts are sanitized between users. Carts were plentiful, so you didn’t have to share a cart, if you wished!? No ball cleaners are available and no water available in the course. The ice, cups, straws and water are available at the Clubhouse. I like that they used noodles to block the holes, even though the pin was in the cup. When you putted the ball could not fall into the cup and you could pick it up without any contact!!

Good Job, keeping your golfers safe!! I’ll be back!!

Commented on 04/14/2020

Thank you for the great feedback! The safety of our guests and staff is our first priority, and we're happy to learn you felt safe and comfortable thanks to the necessary precautions we've taken during this time. We hope you're taking care.

Antivirus friendly

This course has taken extreme measures to protect players from contacting surfaces that could possibly be contaminated.
They have done so in a way that does not hinder or cause loss of enjoyment in playing the great game of golf.

Commented on 04/14/2020

Thank you for your wonderful review! We're happy to see our efforts to keep you safe at The Shores of North River Golf Club are recognized and effective. We hope you're taking care!

Great day on golf course

Enjoyed the day very much. Were paired with 2 great guys. Took sometime to get used to the greens but eventually we got into it. Will be back again helped to relieve stress at this stressful time.

Commented on 04/14/2020

We're happy The Shores of North River Golf Club can provide everyone a space to play at a safe distance. Thank you for your feedback and take care.

Great executive course

For the amount of play this course receives it is in very good condition. Greens are fast and challenging. Fun course

Commented on 04/15/2020

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We're glad you enjoyed the greens as well as the challenge the course has to offer.

Commented on 04/14/2020

We appreciate you rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at The Shores of North River Golf Club!

Jensen Beach, Florida