Style Links

Year Built 2009
Architect Dan Hixson (2009)

Dress code Proper golf attire must be worn. Golfers must wear a shirt with collar (mock collars are okay). No denim or jean material

Always great.

Played in a winter series tourny. Course is in great shape. Fun event.

If you live within the discount limits this is where to play!

A few months ago i moved from Seattle to the Walla Walla area. I had been wanting for a couple years to play the course and was would have been cool paying full price but after finding out about a discount for local residents (actually local rates went for a longer distance than i expected) i was more than excited to get to the course and play. Cost of a round included a cart with GPS, driving range, chipping green access and putting green access not to mention the free bottled water in the cart. I went out as a single since i didn't know anyone in town yet but lucky on 4 i ran into a local couple that let me tag along with them with some course knowledge. I got lucky in that aspect because the course can be difficult to manage especially since I'm used to Seattles tree lined fairways. The speed of the greens were fast and firm but didn't differ from the practice green so i had an idea of what to expect. The fairways are pretty open but if you do miss you will be in sand. I have been going there on weekends to practice the past couple months and everyone has been nice and friendly even the 2 dogs that like hanging out at the diving range. I don't have one bad thing to say about the course but i also haven't found a sand trap yet and have heard they can be tough. I honestly wish i had played the course even before i moved close by. My friends are coming next summer to play and even they say that for what you get full price doesn't sound bad for a round or two!!!

Love but . . .

This is one of the best courses in the state, and beyond. But each year I have played it the price goes up but experience is not quite the same. Sorry to say the staff personality was not up to par and again no Marshall. We had 3 groups in front of us moving so slow and could not go around all of them. It was a long round which took the fun out of it. I would play again but it is no longer on my Top 10.

Spectacular views and challenging holes

I have had the blessed opportunity to play this course multiple times over the last 10 years. The course is my absolute favorite- even for the long drive to get there. The fairways play so consistently. Does not matter what of time of year, if you hit a good shot you are going to play through to the finish like a pro. I love that you can often putt right off the fairway (not just the greens). It is a walk able, but there are some nice hills to climb along the way. The carts have the navigation system to keep you on target and to accurately give you a good read for your next shot. Lets talk about how true the greens are. If you miss a putt, it is because you over think, they are as true as you see them. Okay, but the real treat is the open fairways, challenging bunkers and the breath taking views. The staff are very professional and the practice area (driving range) is great. If you have not had a chance to check this course out yet, it should be on your bucket list. Big hitters will love the lynx style course, and small hitters will love the how well they can finish. Don't get me wrong, it is not an easy course to play. But it will be worth every bad shot, and every good one you make will make you smile!

Not up to expectations

This place is usually firm and fast. The greens were the slowest I’ve ever seen them and a lot of weeds in the fairways. It’s okay and would wait until fall.

Excellent Golf Course!

I had the pleasure of playing Wine Valley Golf Club on Friday August 24th with a 4 some at 9:00am. What an amazing golf course! From tee to green the course was in great shape. Every staff member we encounters was very friendly and genuinely wanted you to have a good time. I would recommend this golf course to anyone who is in the area. Keep up the good work Wine Valley!

Michigan Advisor

Great links style in Washington State

My wife and I played Wine Valley as out last course on a tour of northwest courses and were not disappointed in this choice at all. The course is a links style and the wind was up just a bit so gave us a little for fun to deal with but not so bad to not enjoy the round. The bunkers can get you if you let them. Be sure of your yardage and accuracy when approaching.
The greens are quite undulating but I must say we found them to be very fair in the roll and getting to the hole. The staff was friendly and gracious to welcome us to their course. I would recommend this course to anyone in northwest Oregon and eastern Washington.

Hidden Gem

Ended up buying 2 rounds for $99 at the Seattle Golf Show, best decision I ever made. Driving up to the course you see maybe one of the 18 holes, from the clubhouse you can see another 2? The rest of the course is hidden, beautifully shaped into the land. In my humble opinion, this course is very much comparable to Gamble Sands, w/o the notoriety, keeping the crowds low. Incredibly fast greens, course was in great shape. Can't wait to go back.

Fun to play, just stay out of the hazards.

A fun course for experienced golfers...beginners would get frustrated and hold up play.
The course has wide fairways so getting off the tee isn't bad. What makes the course challenging is the multitude of bunkers and the greens. The bunkers can be deep and troublesome to get out while the greens will require a lot of creative putting due to their size and rolling designs.

The only downside we had were some of the bunkers were wet and some had standing water in them.

One of my favorite courses ever!

I have played some of the top rated courses in the country including Bandon Dunes, Streamsong, Pepple Beach and others. This course is in the same echelon as those great courses. The fairways and landing areas off the tee were wide and forgiving; however, if you missed those you were in trouble. Course conditions were fantastic for this links layout. But my favorite part of the course was the greens! They were huge and lightning fast! So much fun to putt. The amenities were great as well and I'd highly recommend the Chipotle Chicken wrap at the turn too. Thanks to Wine Valley for an unbelievable day!

Links in the high desert

I had a business trip out to Walla Walla and arrived early to play a round at Wine Valley. I did not have a t-time and the course was pretty open on a warm Thursday afternoon. My golf experience was one of the best I have ever had. The course was in immaculate condition and smartly designed. Good shots are rewarded and the bad places to land are pretty obvious from wherever you are hitting.

The greens are firm and undulating, but also surprisingly receptive. I don't put a lot of spin on the ball, but even my well struck 7 iron would stick the green.

The bunkers are a little meaty, but a an upright swing with the wedge usually did the trick.

The favorite penalty is the false front to the right of many of the greens. Be sure to hit to the middle or back of the green. Shots just short of the green tend to bounce right and trickle off into the "pit of despair".

My experience was enhanced by an nearly empty course. I didn't see a group behind or ahead of me for the entire round. That made the $100 price of admission well worth it.

I replayed the course on Saturday on my way out of town. Course knowledge knocked 3 strokes off my round compared to Thursday. And I arrived as a single walking, played by myself for 18... I did play through on 10 but rarely felt rushed, pushed, or waiting. 3:45 for 18 holes on a Saturday morning!

fun but.....

Funcourse, not long but requires target drives. Challenging greens. Sand is not really sand, and lots of it, but different to hit out of it.
Asst. Pro needs some customer service and communication lessons. And, they count Friday as a weekend, and the rates are higher for that. Only course I have ever heard of that does that.

Over-priced

This course is way over- priced for the value. We have better courses in Spokane at $20 per round. Nothing distinctive at all about this course.

Commented on 01/11/2019

No there aren't and especially not for $20. Stay over there in Spokane and play $20 golf then Champ.

Oregon Advisor

A Gem in the Desert!

To say I was blown away by Wine Valley Golf Club would be an understatement. When I found out I was headed to Eastern Washington for a work trip last week, I knew I had to play Wine Valley. I had heard good things and wanted to see it for myself.

We arrived at the course around 6:20am, it was almost impossible to tell a golf course existed there with all of the tall grasses and low profile clubhouse. Driving in to the parking lot you could start to see the first tee, range etc. It was a nice scene on an early summer day.

The course is absolutely stunning. Big terrifying bunkers in the fairways and greenside, fairways are tight, and the greens are spectacular. True, fast and full of undulations.

The feeling of being by yourselves and just out in nature was very apparent on the back nine. We played quickly and had a great time. Well worth the trip and the price is good for such a great course.

I highly recommend Wine Valley, you won't be disappointed.

Fantastic

I absolutely love this course. Very links style, feels like you're playing in Ireland or England but better weather. The greens are phenomenal. Many undulations and very fast. Friendly and knowledgable staff as well. Wide open fairways with views that are just awesome. Beware the bunkers, they're firm and usually deep. Driving range is immaculate, carts are great and GPS is accurate and simple. I play Coeur D' Alene resort course as well. Being that WV is half the price it's unbeatable. I highly recommend this course if you're out this way.

Walla Walla, Washington
Walla Walla, Washington
Milton Freewater, Oregon

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.