Chehalem Glenn Golf Club

Green (W) 72 5667 yards 74.0 137
Red Long (W) 72 5511 yards 73.4 134
Red Short (W) 72 5340 yards 72.5 131
Scorecard for Chehalem
Black M: 73.4/140 385 552 450 537 204 355 195 383 425 3486 387 370 371 140 597 345 147 480 421 3258 6744
Blue M: 71.1/137 352 508 440 537 185 355 178 339 408 3302 350 342 371 112 540 332 137 480 384 3048 6350
White M: 69.2/133 W: 75.7/140 329 494 409 508 164 325 159 328 318 3034 317 342 312 95 520 314 122 456 371 2849 5883
Green M: 66.6/126 W: 72.2/133 313 456 376 503 162 307 146 297 267 2827 281 243 312 80 396 301 110 413 349 2485 5312
Red W: 70.6/127 311 450 372 473 143 305 144 295 265 2758 276 243 210 80 396 268 100 354 343 2270 5028
Silver W: 65.7/119 180 450 372 473 52 60 70 190 265 2112 170 243 210 80 396 268 100 354 343 2164 4276

Year Built 2005
Architect Bill Robinson (2005)

Practice Hole Yes

19th Hole Specials 6

Glean the Glenn

Really a fun and beautiful course, with a lot of elevation changes. For most golfers, this would be a difficult walk; particularly because of some lengthy distances between holes. I highly recommend a golf cart. Pace of play was about 4&1/2 hours, but the course isn't easy -- and it was quite full of players that day (Friday). Unless you've a really good golfer, I'd suggest the "white" tees -- they'll give most of us quite enough of a challenge. The blue tees are decidedly harder.

Pretty Course

Fall leaves make for great colors. Little narrow sometimes, but still fun.

Great Track

We couldn't have asked for a better day for golf. The sun was shining and the course was in good shape save for the greens which were still a little bumpy and sandy from them being punched. But for $45 it was a great value. The fairways and tee boxes were in spectacular shape and the staff is always very friendly. The course is challenging but it rewards good shots off the tee where you can score.

Incredible slow play on weekends

Good course and nice staff. Marshall’s are worthless as the pace of play on a Saturday was 5 1/2 hours, horrible. Marshall’s acknowledged pace was slow but did not feel they had authority to ask people to pick up their pace. My advice is avoid weekends at this course. Week days except Friday are fine.

Response from Chehalem Glenn Golf Club on 10/15/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Chehalem Glenn Golf Club, in the Yamhill County area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the Marshall so we may work towards any necessary improvements. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Greens were punched a week ago

They greens are soft, sandy, and full of bumps. Other than that the course is very playable. Opportunity abounds for hitting allot of different types of shots. Fun place to play ... especially for the money.

Pace of play too slow

The last 3 times I have played Chehalem the pace was too slow and the player assistants seem incapable of doing anything. On Friday the group ahead of us was a hole and a half behind,and players were hitting extra shots. We learned it was the first time one of them had ever played.That’s not the course for that. Instead of just mentioning slow play to a group, player assistants should stay with the group and offer advice for ready golf until the group catches up or displays that they get it. I hear the same complaints from other golfing friendsabout Chehalem. This course will be my last choice which is a shame as it is a really impressive track.

Response from Chehalem Glenn Golf Club on 09/25/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Chehalem Glenn Golf Club, in the Yamhill County, area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Amazing value

Greens were a little burnt from the long summer but pin locations were challenging. One of my favorite courses in the Valley.

Fun and tough!

It’s pretty rare on this course when your teeing off and the fairway ahead is flat. The slope on this course is a nifty 137, but it it’s your first time playing it it minus well be 143. Save all your energy for holes 6-14 because those are by far the toughest ones out there! Oh and take a cart because this course is tough to walk.

Great condition and a fun challenge!

Response from Chehalem Glenn Golf Course on 08/21/2018:
Thank you for rating us. We are sorry that your round was impaired by slow play. We hope that your next experience with us will be a better one.

Goofy golf

First bit of frustration was when the starter skipped our tee time. Apparently he could not read the writing of the person that wrote my name down even when I booked a tee time online. Maybe the printer was not working.... When I asked him about it he could not find my name because whoever wrote it down was not even close. Option was to join my group on the second hole or wait a half hour.

Several of the holes are just teeing off into the slope. No actual defined landing area. Pace was very slow. The rangers were just driving around and not actually monitoring pace of play. One group was more interested in having a rock concert versus actually playing.

I would recommend skipping this course.

Response from Chehalem Glenn Golf Course on 08/21/2018:
Thank you for leaving us your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your poor recent experience with us. We apologize for not being able to send you out at your booked tee time and for the slow play. We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and we hope that your next experience with us will be a better one.

Golf Day

This course is a public city course in very good condition. Many blind shots that usually would not be a problem but there was no course diagram with yardage. There were no yardage markers on the sprinkler heads, cart path or fairways. It was a cloudy day so my GPS was not working.

Directions to each hole were also not on the course so that was an issue.

The gardens noting the hole you were on were beautiful.

Course Management

Course is in good shape as of the date of this review. Good mixture of fairway layout so it makes you mix up your tee shots rather than just driver on every 4 and 5 par. Will be back for sure.

Chehalem Glenn is one of my favorite courses. One improvement they could make would be to work the sand traps which are either bereft of sand, or in need of a deep taking. Only drawback to this course.

Slow play

Slow play with no one governing that as is usual anywhere I play golf these days. One guy quit ahead of us because he waiting so long to tee off. We just went to another hole

Club rental for my partner was exorbitant

Great course, very challenging

A lot of ravines with a downhill lie. Very challenging but totally worth it! Will come back again to get some redemption.

Aurora, Oregon