King's Creek Golf Club

Pull-carts: No

Practice bunker: Yes

Singles allowed: Yes
Dress code: Bermuda shorts or slacks, and shirts with a collar. Appropriate dress for ladies would be shorts/skirts or slacks, and shirts with a collar. Shirts without a collar may be worn if the neckline is not below the necklace jewelry line.
Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Card

Palmer 70 6807 yards 72.9 128
Champion 70 6238 yards 69.8 126
Member (W) 70 5665 yards 72.5 123
Member 70 5665 yards 67.4 116
Executive 70 5078 yards 64.3 110
Executive (W) 70 5078 yards 68.7 119
Forward (W) 70 4658 yards 66.4 114

Location is in the 'burbs worth the drive convenient to the city   Great for locals advanced golfers a weekend splurge   Challenges include bunkers water hazards forced carries

"Fast greens, course in OK shape"

Keith45's avatar
Tennessee Advisor

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

The course is a little burnt out and very firm. The greens rolled pretty fast, so make sure not to miss on the wrong side of the hole. I really like the layout of this course, but I have experienced similar conditions both times I've been here that make me feel that other courses in the area are a better value. There's not much to the clubhouse, if that is important to you.

MoneyChip's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/18/2017

"Starting to recognize its potential"

NashvilleGolfer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/05/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

I first played King's Creek in 2014. At the time, they were totally renovating the front nine, so I had to play the back nine twice. I remember it as being a satisfactory experience, but was obviously left wanting more.

Flash forward two years, and King's Creek has really started coming into its own. Both nines are now open, and offer a little something for everyone. In the past week I've played from both the men's tees as well as the tips, and I got a totally different experience from each set.

The course offers a full range, as well as a putting green. The clubhouse isn't spectacular, and the food/beverage options are limited, but the staff is incredibly friendly. Pace of play both of my recent outings has been decent, but there are definitely times when a roving ranger is needed - I don't think I've seen one in the ~10 hours I've spent there the past week.

The course itself is really fun. From the men's tees it actually plays fairly short - almost every par 3 is about 130 yards, and most of the par 4s demand little more than a stock 9 iron for your second shot. There are a couple longer holes, however, and bunkers and elevated greens keep aggressive golfers in check on the par 5s, so the layout still feels challenging. From the tips, both accuracy and distance are a must. The titular creek will be a constant presence, but every hole still feels fair.

The fairways are all in fantastic shape, as are almost all of the bunkers and most of the tee boxes. Some of the greens need some work, though - they look and play REALLY spotty. It's disappointing that the rest of the course looks so good but the greens are so hit-or-miss; some of them are as green and receptive as the ones you see on TV, and some wouldn't be allowed to be played on at your local $10 muni.

Overall though, Kings Creek is a very enjoyable course. It easily matches any area course in its price range, and I highly recommend it

"Great value"

joecrowdergolf's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2016

For the time of the year, excellent. Staff is very accommodating and professional. Brought my buddies, who were impressed also. Arnold Parmer design design provides challenges for all level of players.

"Challenging but a fair Arnie layout"

Tdowling27's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/13/2016

Great course for the money. Good and improving condition. Paid $34, great price. Course had very few players on it. I'm a 7.7 handicap and shot a 95, although I haven't played since July, so it's not for the week kneed. I'll play there a gain soon, I'm sure. Staff was really friendly, almost too friendly. We stood at the 1st tee chit-chatting with the starter for 5+ min. 3 hr 45 min hound and didn't rush at all. But he was a really nice guy and it was enjoyable. Play here, you won't be disappointed.

"Great local course"

David4387185's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/13/2016

I have played here multiple time and it's been great every time. Great staff and course layout!! Course conditions were great even with all the rain we've had.

"Very disorganized! Could be great...but isn't."

robins99's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/30/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

My husband is actually the golfer. I just booked the time and went along for the ride. We got there almost an hour ahead of our 12:08 tee time so that he could warm up and hit the driving range. Upon arrival, we were informed that they were running over an hour behind and we likely couldn't tee off until 1:15 or 1:30. They also said they wouldn't have any carts until close to 1:00. We decided to stick it out and see what happened and after my husband talked to them, they said we could go out around 12:30-12:45. We hit the driving range and around 12:20, headed back up to see if we could get a cart and get ready to head out. There were 2 carts ready but neither had keys and they said they didn't have any more keys available. How do you have more carts than you do keys? The ranger went down to the driving range and took keys from carts parked down there so we and the other twosome that was waiting could go. Conditions were okay but the front nine is still recovering from some construction last year. The layout is nice and fairly challenging and the greens were all in great shape. This could be a decent course if they can get their stuff together.

"Course in great shape"

rgrz0's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/24/2015

This course has come a long way with the new management company. The greens were in excellent shape, the rough was healthy and the fairways have filled in nicely. The only thing this course needs to be a top course in the area is a new clubhouse (currently in what looks to be a doublewide).

"Worst experience ever"

Mrowe89's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/11/2015

The only thing I love about this course is the design. It seems like every time I play here they always let groups of five go out together when it should only be four and the pace of pay is extremely slow because of that. When I golf there on the 11th, the round took my group 5 1/2 hours to play. You could tell the staff members appreciate and show way more attention to the people who pay for a membership there which is not right Outside of the course design and the group I played with was the only good thing everything else just was a terrible experience

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

"Like a stump slowly rotting, sad sad sad"

Mike7821922's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/29/2015

I'm pretty sure Arnold would not want his name anywhere near this course in it's present state of disrepair. This was once a nice course and a jewel for southern Nashville, but has sadly evolved into a weedy and unkempt mess with ragged golf carts, decaying cart paths and bridges, and overall lack of care evident on greens and fairways. What were once nice design ideas and investments are now overgrown, unkept, eyesores all around the course. Fall should be ideal playing conditions and yet Kings Creek has been overthrown by Jester's Tinkle.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Painfullyslow"

Bob2000613's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/23/2015

Nice layout<br/> One foursome held up everyone<br/> Played 15 and quit after 5 hours<br/> No Marshall

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Ok, getting a little better"

Ben7920813's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/11/2015
Previously played Used cart Excellent weather

Couldn't have asked for better weather. Played as a 2some, zipped through the front 9 in under 2 hours, waited on every shot on the back 9. Not sure exactly why, but every time I've played here, there has been a substantial wait on 10 tee after the turn, 4 groups stacked up today. Perhaps moving the tees up on 10 (long par 3) or providing quicker service at the snack bar would help. Good to see new cart paths in places, and fairway/rough definition as well (right side of 17). This is the case at most every golf course I play, but would it kill the shop staff to smile and act like they want you there?

"Memorable Par Threes/Well Designed Challenge/Aeration of Greens"

Ctsv157's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2015
First time playing Played as a single Walked Played 18 holes Poor weather

King' s Creek is extremely well designed course and it did not disappoint me. Its rolling lay out has moderate elevation changes, mounds , grass covered dunes and high fescues along with all our native trees. It challenged me on every hole and I Iook forward to playing it again....More ?

From a design standpoint - all the holes are well thought out. Care has been taken to make the course visually appealing from the design of the tee boxes to the aforementioned mounding . The par threes were all very memorable and clearly a strength of the course design. The four and five pars were also appealing. There were two "drivable " par fours. One five par was a down hill 600 yarder- nice ! The green complexes look good and are appropriately bunkered (some heavily/and deeply). The greens have testing undulations and are challenging . Finally, There is heavy rough lining many fairways and you will not find your ball if you hit in there. Oh yes - there are also a number of water hazards to negotiate. This is a five star design for sure

I walked the course but many players may find it a bit too much. While most of the holes are close to one another , a couple of exceptions stretch it out a bit.

The course conditions , other than the bunkers and greens, were good. The greens had recently been punched making all putting a bit of an adventure and very slow . Due to recent rains most of the bunkers were not raked.

Once the greens com back in , I look forward to playing here again .I enjoyed every hole !

Demerits for pace of play .....

"Lack of transparency by golf now"

d272727b's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/26/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

The course, King's Creek, was a very enjoyable course with accommodating fairways and appropriately placed water hazards and sand traps. The course is not exceptionally long, even from the back tees, but extremely different in yardage between the blue and member tees. This allows people within a foursome who may not know each other's game to play together well and at a good pace of play while still being challenged at their individual skill level.

My issue occurs with golf now. The greens had just been aerated and were rough and full of sand. While this is a necessary process all golf courses must go through on a scheduled basis it is imperative that the player be notified when making the booking so a choice can be made to book or go to another course. Golf now did not make me aware of this and I only learned when I arrived at the course. We were a twosome and were paired with another twosome, a father and son, who helped make our golf day better. When I commented about not knowing about the condition of the greens, they were surprised as they booked with the course directly and were told at the time of booking, so they made a conscious decision knowing the greens were almost unplayable.

I have booked several times over the years using golf now, but will probably not use golf now in the future because of this experience. However I am anxious to see if I am contacted by.golf now to discuss my disappointment with this past booking, and if so I will review that conversation as well.

"Play somewhere else"

DKKandel's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/26/2015
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

I live in Spring Hill and this course always disappoints. I was a single and I played by myself. There was a foursome in front of me that would not let me play through and the ranger wouldn't fix it. They just aerated the greens and put a ton of sand on them which is fine but they got snippy with me when I checked in saying "oh you booked on golf now, that's the disadvantage of doing that we would have told you we aerated". If you don't like golf now then why do they do it. This course and people who work there think it is better than it is. I would never pay full price to play there and I will not be playing there again. I would rather drive 45 minutes to play somewhere else.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"Good course under better greens conditions."

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/25/2015

The greens had been aerated and sanded very recently, which made it extremely difficult to putt. Though that may be necessary, the customers should be notified in advance of reserving tee times. We would have played a different course under the circumstances. I may be willing to go return after the greens have had a chance. to recover.

"Sanded greens"

Mkerney's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/25/2015

They did not tell us before we teed off that they had sanded the greens heavily. It was so bad it was like putting in a sand trap. Course is a D+ at best .

"Struggle"

potential's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/19/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Tee time booked on Golfnow.com, but was changed when I checked in at the course. This is not the first time this has happened to me at King's Creek. This has never happened to me anywhere else. Not a huge issue, but odd to say the least. Teed off almost 30 minutes late. According to the ranger, two groups ahead of us were allowed to add players (9 players with 8 booked, 5 players with 4 booked), which effectively added the equivalent of 2 groups ahead of us. They should have been worked in during vacant times. Play horribly slow - 5+ hours. Keep in mind that this was in addition to the delayed tee off. Fairways a bit thin and hard. Some greens are in trouble. Greens attendants walked on the green (to check for moisture content?) on a par 3 while we were teeing off - what's up with that? They should have waited until we finished. Another one watered the green while we putted - couldn't he have waited until we putted out? I realize that this activity is necessary, but it needs to be appropriately worked in. "Under new management" has not resulted in tangible improvements. I really like this course but will not return any time soon. I will wait to see if positive comments are posted before returning. Not living up to its potential ...

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"Out of town visitor"

Kelvin4907958's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/19/2015

Visiting from Arlington VA and enjoyed this course. Lots of traps and water challenges throughout this course. Greens are tight. Rough is fair. I highly recommend this course highly on the weekend. Played at 4 hours and 20 minutes.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Kings Creek Review"

jnvaughn's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/05/2015

Def worth playing if you find a reasonable rate; otherwise, more money than it's worth. Great layout, spotty hole conditions, and thus far missed opportunity for true greatness with a little more financial investment.