Falcon Watch Golf Club - Challenge/Sands Course

This golf course is closed for business. Not true? Let us know.
Looking for other options nearby?

Clubs: No

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Green (W) 72 5291 yards 68.0 115
Yellow (W) 72 4742 yards 68.0 114

Location is in the 'burbs   Great for locals seniors   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries

"Don't waste your money during summertime"

pmagolf's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2016

The 9-hole Cypress course was in terrible condition given I had played two months prior. It seemed that they had not done any maintenance on the course in weeks. Fairways weren't cut, grass is growing in the bunkers, the greens were dying with large brown dirt patches and weeds were noticeable high in the rough. The red tee on the 1st hole was all torn up. On the 9 hole I landed in a 6x6 foot area full of old grass cuttings hat was in the middle of the fairway. The 9-hole Challenge course was in much better shape from tee to green although the greens are only minimally in better shape. I was sorry I used some of my rewards on this course.

"Fun older worn course"

fangoriafan's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/10/2016

Our threesome played the two older nines, which needed some work. Lots of weeds in the fairways. Some greens were really good and then others bad. Good variety of holes with a good sandtrap/water hazard mix. No alcoholic license.

"Needs lots of work"

alangrover's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/04/2016

Greens were fair, fairways poor, and rough was mostly dirt. Challenge was in better shape than Cypress

"painted greens and nasty people"

johnandlinda's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/01/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Played as a non member. While signing in a member barged up to the desk and interupted the desk clerk and asked for a bag of balls saying he was had little time until he teed off. My wife, who was standing next to me asked the member if she was in his way and he said yes(we were in the process of paying). It was 9:30 and we had 9:53 tee times. The clerk said the carts were in the parking lot and to find one and come back and tell him the number.He also said that they were jammed and to wait in the parking lot until 9:53. After loading our carts we went to the first tee and did not see a person. In fact we did not see a group on the course until the back nine. A few of the greens were painted green due to no or little greens. In fact there was minimal grass on the entire golf course. Never go back.

"Gradually improving, on the right track"

onepunchnelly's avatar
Orlando Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/28/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

I played this course despite some poor reviews and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The first impression on arriving was pretty bad, I thought "Wow, what a goat track" there are lots of bare areas of dirt where grass should be growing. I know they recently hired a new superintendent to try and address some of the issues. From older reviews I was not expecting much from the greens or tee boxes but I was pretty impressed overall. It seems obvious the new greens keeper is prioritizing their time and budget to first address the areas of greatest need. The greens, while not perfect, were better than average and they did roll very nice and true. Some older reviews said the greens were over gown and very slow but that is no longer the case. I played the Sands and Cypress 9s. Tom in the pro shop was very friendly and helpful getting me out onto the 2 quickest 9s despite the fact I was a little late for my tee time. There was one green on the Cypress course that was in bad shape but all of the rest were pretty good. The tee boxes on both courses were reasonably flat with grass growing and the fairways for the most part were pretty good. (I did have to move to "fair lie" in the FW once or twice.) The rough must be low on the priority list for repairs because it is in bad shape-more dirt than grass and its just unsightly. This was why I had a bad first impression when I pulled in. The sparse rough looks dead and uninviting but I do understand why the superintendent has ignored this eye sore in favor of repairing greens and tee boxes first. Good job all around to the new staff for improving the greens and tee boxes. Ron Garl is one of my favorite designers, I would love to see this course returned to its intended beauty. Depending on weather conditions this summer, I believe Falcon watch could be greatly improved by next season. I must say- I had a career round here and broke 80 (76=+4) for the first time in a while. So playing well certainly helped my enjoyment of the course. If you can get a good hot deal, I would recommend trying this course- I wouldn't pay full price as there are several other nice courses in the area.

"The place worth to visit again"

uZDXW9584ZD's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/21/2016

Good place, friendly staffs and interesting course needing every clubs in the bag, only negative is that my GPS software can't find this course so I was playing with a lot of doubt in yardage.

"Great scenery"

Imker's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/30/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Bunkers need improvement [Racking ETC]

"Course conditions"

rgumptampabay's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/26/2016

Don't see how they keep members..course conditions are horrible.greens are below average and folks don't seem to care if you play or not..almost nothing in pro shop merchandise..that tells it all..

"The course is in good condition."

shaker340's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/17/2015
Previously played Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

There are three 9 hole courses. The Challenge, and Sands courses greens are in the best condition. The fairways on all three are in good condition. It is a very enjoyable course to play.

Commented on 01/06/2016

Thank you for playing our course and for the great review.

"Terrain en réparation"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/17/2015
Previously played Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Le terrain est en overseeding et les verts sont inconsistants,certains sont très rapides,d'autres sont lents,certains sont très courts,d'autres très longs,rendant le terrain très difficile.cette semaine,le tout était mieux,mais il faudrait attendre environ 1 mois et refaire une évaluation lorsque la période d'overseeding sera terminée.

Commented on 01/10/2016

Thank you for your feedback. The greens and course are in much better condition. The over-seeding is complete and it went very well. When you come back you will see a difference.

"Fun Outing"

llaczko's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/06/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Played the Cypress & Challenge courses. Pace of play was fantastic. Grass on the greens was too long, which made them very slow, but even so the course was fun to play. Staff was excellent and positioned us to play a very speedy round. The Challenge course was indeed a challenge and very different from the Cypress course. Challenge had undulating terrain and some tight fairways. Wife and I enjoyed it. Will play it again.

Commented on 01/06/2016

Thanks for your feedback, we have a new superintendent and things are moving in the right direction.. Thanks again for playing Falcon Watch and please come back soon.

"Falcon Watch GC"

mcglynnjf's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/01/2015
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Played Challenger and Sands. The good, not crowded, breezed through round in 2.5 hours with minimum waiting playing through two groups, thanks to them. OK layout's, some of the holes were challenging, requires some thought for club selection. I played well 76. I only hit half the greens but they were so small normally chip results in a tap in. The bad overall course conditions. Tee's and fairways fully grassed, didn't hit a bunker shot but they looked OK. Greens were less than average. 6 were OK, 6 were rough and 6 were not worth putting. Greens probably the smallest I've played as a collection. Good course for the local community or beginners, not one I'd play again though. Give it a shot but beware of the spotty conditions.

Commented on 01/06/2016

Thanks for your feedback, we have a new superintendent and things are moving in the right direction.. Next time you visit us you will see the difference, thanks again for playing Falcon Watch.

"Horrid course conditions"

lschwandner's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/29/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Average weather

Played 10/29/15. As others have noted, sand bunkers are weed pits, tee boxes weed beds, rest of the course weeds, very little grass. Best of all...the fire ant bites I received on both legs...and did not step in an obvious hill. Unacceptable. Course manager admits there is a fire ant problem they can't control. They have let this course go to weeds, just as they did the KP Exec course before they closed it.

"Good deal great pice"

pattivalero's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/03/2015

This course has beautiful fairways and some holes are challenging. One of the tee boxes on the back 9 was facing the wrong direction. I'm thinking someone moved things around to be funny since we had played there 3 weeks earlier and it wasn't like that. Some of the the greens had dirt patches but not all of them. It was a glorious day to be on the links.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"Course is being neglected somewhat....."

ricklmartin's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/25/2015
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 9 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

This course among 4-5 owned by Clublink and I can tell that this one gets the least attention in maintenance. The practice chipping area, bunker are completely neglected, grass is overgrown with no evidence of maintenance since my visit a week ago. Carts are old with mildew on seats and cover - appearing about 20 yrs old. Course was moderately maintained. Fairway and greenside bunkers need a lot of work (weeks growing in them). Greens were in adequate shape. Tee boxes needed mowing. Course could be in much better shape, but I think it is low course on the Clublink totem pole budget-wise.

"Good challenging course."

kenraps's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/19/2015
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

The Fairways at the Challenge Course were not mowed so they were almost like playing in the rough at times.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Rough"

Timothy3850358's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2015

The greens were in terrible shape and the fairways were very dry and lacking grass in a lot of places.

"Nobody Home"

uTIRZ7575TI's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

I checked in one hour early to use the practice facilities. The Pro Shop reviewed my Golf Now tee sheet and still advised I owned them $32. After a quick reading of "The Will" the assistant said, Paid On Line.<br/> Just as I had advised him when I checked in.<br/> Course conditions were very poor. This location will not be on our playing rotation. Greens were in sad shape, bunkers had grass growing in the middle and tee boxes were disappointing. 19th Hole was closed in the afternoon.

"one of my favorite courses."

johngehrke's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Shot my personal best 68 and came away feeling I left 4-5 out there. A couple lipped out birdie putts and 5-6 other narrowly missed putts. An unfortunate soft bounce on a mushy area in front of 9 on the challenge(my 18th hole) led to led to my only bogie. What a fun day.

"course is challenging"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2015

Course has length, with water, sand traps,island type holes. lots of great views.