2.6

Slope N/A
Rating N/A
Blue Fox Run Golf Club

Year Built 1970
Architect Joseph Brunoli (1970) Stephen Kay (2008) Doug Smith (2008)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Blue Fox Run Golf Academy"

Snacks, Restaurant

Clubhouse

9-Hole Rounds 7

In poor shape

Tee boxes were mostly dirt, no grass. Fairways had a lot of burned out areas. Half the greens were in terrible shape. Pay a little more and go elsewhere.

First timer

$25fir 18 with a cart was a great deal. The course needs some loving though. Some challenging holes., some nice views!

Commented on 09/17/2020

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Great value

Course was in great shape.
Staff was very friendly.

Commented on 09/15/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Blue Fox Run Golf Club - White Nine. We hope to see you again in the future.

Nice round

Played as a single, played with three young guys, they had never been here before. We had a nice round, nice pace and they have really put the effort in to improve conditions. In much better shape than a few weeks ago. Always a fun round and a great value.

Nice round

They have done a lot to get the course back in shape. Noticeably greener. Still some areas that need more work but they are doing all they can. Staff there is great, a good value on a nice track. Close to where I live so I play there a lot and always enjoy it.

Dave B.

Greens were in rough shape and Tee boxes were a little chewed up but for the money it was a pretty good round

Commented on 09/08/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Please know that we are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make the necessary changes. Thanks for visiting us at Blue Fox Run Golf Club - White Nine. We hope to see you again in the future.

Accommodating Staff!

Family atmosphere, and fun day at course.
Greens fees very reasonable, and the new carts are awesome.

Can’t beat it

32 bucks for a mid-week round with great pace of play? Can’t beat it. Sure, it’s been a hot summer and the course is a little burnt up in some spots. Greens on the blue and red course were overall in very good shape though. Layout is easy to figure out even if you are new to the course. Staff is very nice. Can’t beat it for the price.

Commented on 09/02/2020

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review the course. Please tell us more. The way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing Blue Fox Run Golf Club - White Nine.

Terrible conditions

Should have read reviews before playing this burned out pasture. Greens in bad shape too. Need I say more? Over an hour drive.....they should pay us for the experience.

Commented on 09/01/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Please know that the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we are working towards getting things up to par. Thank you for playing Blue Fox Run Golf Club - White Nine. We hope to see you again soon.

Connecticut Advisor

Disappointing Conditions

Last year I played Blue Fox Run several times last August through late October, and the conditions did improve from summer through fall. It was disappointing to find the course in the shape it was today.

Possibly I saw the Red/Blue at what may be its lowest ebb. The Red is a good layout, the Blue excellent. Fair and marginally playable condition is how I would describe the Red; the Blue Nine is now one on which I cannot keep a ‘normal’ score. By that I mean the conditions were poor enough on several holes—fairways, rough, and greens—to the extent that the lies were bad when they shouldn’t have been and the greens un-puttable. So any score ends up being unrealistic, usually toward the bad side. The net effect is that the Blue, for the most part, simply isn’t playing like it was designed to play. Even if you move your ball to a preferred lie in the fairways, nothing can save the greens: there is too much bumpiness and burned out grass (if it’s even there) to cross. From holes five through eight, then, the Blue was nearly unplayable. Yes, a small majority of the holes of these nine were decent, but that’s not enough.

Let’s hope management here can pull Blue Fox Run together for the fall season (the White Course, by the way, was closed today). I can still recommend the Red Nine, as its problems are mostly in the rough on most holes, while its fairways greens and surrounds are, for the most part, playable. In fact, the greens ran smoothly and true, although you may encounter small patchiness here or there.

The Blue, on the other hand, is better skipped until it regains what used to be much better conditions, as evident last fall. The only reason I could see playing it is to work on general tee-to-green play, not to post a realistic score.

Five of the six pictures I’ve included are of the better Red Nine. After playing here today, I felt a bit depressed that a course this good has fallen a good deal farther than the typical Connecticut golf course during these tough, summer-of-2020 weather conditions. The Blue/White combination is an exciting course to play under better circumstances, and the Red is no slouch, either.

Commented on 08/28/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Blue Fox Run Golf Club - White Nine. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Burn Out

First time there, drove a ways to get there and was looking forward to it but was disappointed.

Commented on 08/25/2020

Hello and thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Blue Fox Run Golf Club - White Nine.

Commented on 08/25/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Blue Fox Run Golf Club - White Nine, and we hope to see you again soon.

Challenging course

I played the white and blue courses. I found them very challenging. The greens We’re in very good shape with a couple that had issues. It’s been a very dry summer. I did get some good rolls in the fairway. We are glad to get outside and play during these times and grateful for the people who keep things clean and safe for us.

Awful Conditions

Staff was very friendly. The negative reviews are correct, this course is in terrible condition. The course is mostly crabgrass, weeds in the bunkers. Probably won't come back here again. It's interesting that the owners are only responding to 5 star reviews. Those reviews are either friends and relatives or have never played any other courses in Connecticut.

Commented on 09/03/2020

Hi Joe and thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we are working towards getting things up to par. Thank you for playing Blue Fox Run Golf Club - White Nine. We hope to see you again soon.

Complete Dump! Stop playing here!

I was out right embarrassed that I brought a friend of mine to play golf here. This was the worst dump of a golf course I’ve ever played. The seventh hole is closed that’s how trashy this places. I paid $35 and still think I should get my money back for having to have dealt with the garbage that is this golf course. Please do all of the golfers a favor, stop playing here so there’s no money going into it and it just closes closes.I was out right embarrassed that I brought a friend of mine to play golf here. This was the worst dump of a golf course I’ve ever played. The seventh hole is closed that’s how trashy this place is. I paid $35 and still think I should get my money back for having to have dealt with the garbage that is this golf course. Please do all of the golfers a favor, stop playing here so there’s no money going into it and it just closes

Commented on 08/24/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we are working towards getting things up to par. Thank you for playing Blue Fox Run Golf Club - White Nine. We hope to see you again soon.

West Hartford, Connecticut