Carolina National Golf Club - Heron Nine: #5

Situated along the banks of the Lockwood Folly River, Carolina National Golf Club takes advantage of the scenic low country landscape. The 27-hole course was designed by Fred Couples, whose preservation of the terrain earned the course the certification as an Audubon Sanctuary. The golf course is divided into three nines that are played in 18-hole combinations. The Heron, Egret, and Ibis are named after the birds that call the course home. Each nine offers a different set of challenges. The Heron is both the most scenic and the longest nine. The three par 4s all measure over 400 yards and the final hole is a par 5 that is 587 yards long. The layout has a few holes that play along the river, including the par-3 fifth, which has a green that is almost entirely surrounded by water. This nine will reward strong mid-to-long iron play.

Carolina National Golf Club

Year Built 1998
Greens Champion Bermuda Grass
Architect Fred Couples (1998) Gene Bates Kipp Schulties (1998)

Dress code Proper golf attire is required. No denim.

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2019 #20)

Good Shape

Course is in very good condition, greens are nice but very fast and flag placement was fair. Tee boxes are great. It’s not a long course, we played blue tees, but very challenging. Other than the 150 & 100 markers, I didn’t see any yardage markers In the fairways. I liked the course and for the fee I will play again.

Nice course would play again

I liked the course a lot. Tee boxes to greens were in good shape. Would recommend

Commented on 10/19/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us u4319856. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine thanks you!

Love this course!

As usual I was buffaloed by the greens. Fast,unseen breaks. Even though there are homes along a lot of the hole it still feels like you're out in the wilderness. I consider this my ""home "" course even though I am not a member.The personnel are always friendly and helpful. Cant wait to play there again.

Commented on 10/19/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Cart Paths

Cart paths are awful!!! Need major repairs. Beat me to death!! Course itself in good shape!

Commented on 10/19/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, dawson80. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Great day!

The layout and conditions were outstanding. Greens had been sanded a week ago and they rolled true and fast. Played Ibis/Heron and we all enjoyed the layout. Will go back real soon

Commented on 10/15/2020

Thanks for the great feedback! We appreciate your review and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Carolina National Golf Club.

Enjoyable course.

I enjoyed playing this course with the wife, greens were a little rough but fairways were in great shape.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, Viper99! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Worn out cart

The golf course was in
excellent shape. I really co uld not fairly rate off course amenities due to Covid.
The golf cart we were given was in poor shape and the staff admitted they knew it.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u493038411! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine!

Commented on 09/23/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine!

Commented on 10/01/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Jhicks83! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine!

Commented on 09/22/2020

Commented on 09/16/2020

Why wait to spruce up??

The course is a little older, but has some.nice views. A beautiful track of land to work with. However, being in a high vacation area, there were some surprises when we arrived. No snack bar to get our necessary items before the round starts, along with a sign indicating there would be no beverage cart....that can be very disappointing. Especially considering how strict they were with bringing in anything from the outside. We should've know the course was going to show some issues when we were told that the course was old and the sand traps were in rough shape. All in all a decent course, but overdue for some "TLC"!

Commented on 09/18/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting us!

Commented on 09/16/2020

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Cole

Played Heron - Ibis ... Course was in really good shape. Very few areas that were under repair. Maybe one small area on one green. The rough is the type where you can walk circles around your ball and not see it. Staff were all wearing masks except the starter (and most had mouth and nose covered...). Challenging course for me but overall great round.

Play here

Best value around. Nice staff. Sure, a bare spot if you look, but course in great shape post hurricane. Played in less than 4 hours.

Commented on 09/09/2020

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Carolina National Golf Club - Ibis Nine.

Commented on 09/01/2020