A view of a hole at Olde Liberty Golf & Country Club
2.2
2.2

Olde Liberty Golf Club

Year Built 2008
Architect Joel Moulin (2008) Michael Gleason (2008)

OK Course

If you've played this course before, you know what you are going to get. Until an irrigation system is installed, it will continue to have so much area with no grass. Today, the greens were in good shape and rolled well, faster than expected. There was no overseeding done, so there is a lack of grass almost everywhere. I will continue to play here occasionally. I do enjoy the layout, you don't or can't hit driver on every tee, you have to make shots. In this way it's a better course than many around.

Great value and course

Each hole provides a different look, chance to use all your clubs and very reasonable price!

First play

Do not use golf now directions! Make sure to use google or Apple Maps

The golf club has nice warmup space. Don’t miss out on the large chipping green nestled At the end of the driving range. . Not much of a clubhouse.

NOTE: The golf now tee time details say a bucket of range balls is included, but the pro shop said that was incorrect. I didn’t bother pull out my phone, but next time will push the issue.

Notice I said next time? I’m definitely coming back. Nice rolling layout with a few neat aspects. Forgiving fairways and little by way of water hazards. The putting greens were full of acne the day I played. Also, it had rained the day before and the sand traps were 50/50 playable. Overall a good course and worth the cheap golf now deal.

Tee boxes were in good shape and they do well cleaning up Butts and tees. Only one Porto-Jon I saw on the course. I played mid afternoon. At 5 it picked up quite a bit.

It was a bit of a drive from Brier creek, but the scenic route made it enjoyable. It is still spring and many houses were visible. I hit a ball into the backyard on accident. Probably a prettier course in the fall.

Commented on 04/02/2020

Thank you for leaving 4 stars! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

Needs Work

Carts are worn out. Greens have weeds. Traps need sand. Fairways need grass. No clubhouse after 10 years.

Commented on 04/01/2020

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern and address what you have mentioned with our staff. If possible, please reach out to me directly so we discuss your review in more detail.

Excellent Greens

Greens are great (Bermuda), fairways are "roll 'em", new sand in the bunkers.....but still so-so.
Great layout, always enjoy the scenery. If you are looking for an upscale course, this isn't for you but for $25 or less, check it out. Derek, the Mon/Tues guy in the clubhouse, is always friendly. Can't beat playing 18 in under 2 3/4 hrs on a weekday!

Commented on 04/01/2020

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. We would the opportunity to bump those 3 stars to 5. Please come back soon and allow us to wow you on your next visit! Until then, take care!

Worth playing for a discount price

The course layout is really nice but the conditions are not great. Greens were in decent shape and fast given the time fo year. They just need to invest some money in the course to get it in better shape. Overall if you can play for under $30 for weekend greens fees it’s ok.

Commented on 03/02/2020

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience bshang. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. We would the opportunity to bump those 3 stars to 5. Please come back soon and allow us to WOW you on your next visit! Until then, take care!

Run

Don’t walk. Run. Course conditions-terrible. Amenities-none. Customer service-worst I have ever experienced. Don’t waste your time or money. They don’t appreciate your business.

Commented on 02/13/2020

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience Pete. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

Difficult and well-maintained course

This course is very challenging, but if you are trying to “up” your game then it’s a great course to play. It is well-maintained, has a great pace of play and excellent value for the money. It has a driving range, chipping and putting areas for practice. It’s a tough course, but great for improving your long game!!! I recommend it.

Commented on 02/05/2020

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Commented on 01/16/2020

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience Ben. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We look forward to having you back again soon.

Same old same old

Same as other reviews. Great layout and nice greens. Everything else below average. However, Golf Now special for $13 is hard to beat. Little bit of money and TLC and course could be awesome.

Commented on 01/28/2020

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

Hard fairways, but fun to play

Greens are pretty good. The layout is very good. Fairways are so hard it’s difficult to take a divot. Sometimes impossible. VERY hard. Back 9 is way better than front.

Worth a shot

Hadn’t played here in years but hot deals kept popping up so tried it a few weeks ago. Overall it wasn’t as bad off as I thought it might be. Greens are actually really good. Quick but fair. Layout of the track is so great. They just can’t keep up with the maintenance of the fairways and bunkers like the terrain requires. So many areas are washed out leaving fairways thin or edges basically dirt. If you understand going in that you might have to roll the ball around to get some grass then it’s well worth it to give it a shot. If you are a “purist” (aka golf snob) then this isn’t the place for you. Pace has been good the few times I’ve played. Shop is bare bones.

Commented on 02/05/2020

OK conditions for Late Fall

Greens were a little spongy but rolled true. Fairways are dormant and thin. There was only one sand trap that was unplayable.....they've apparently done some work on them. The overall layout is very good......Olde Lib has put in a fifth set of tees....6375 yds since my last visit in August. If you know what you're getting into, OL is a fun play and you can usually get around in 3 hrs during the week.

Commented on 12/02/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience Morgan. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

A lot of Improvement

I have played this course in several years but have been tired of the same 2 I have played all this year. So I decided to give it a chance on a Saturday morning. I was very surprised on how much had been improved. Tee boxes, fairways and greens were in great shape. They have added a practice chipping green and the putting green is huge and in great shape. Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. They still have some room for improvement but are certainly headed in the right direction and I will be playing there more often.

Commented on 11/05/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience Cristopher. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Don't Waste your money

Over priced for what you get.
Old Trailer for a club house
Usually only one person on staff who is pulling duty between carts and checking you in.
Carts are falling apart.
They never have sand in carts to fix divots
Fairways are full of pot holes,
"Sand"bunkers are really just clay
Greens were once the bright spot but they aerated them 6 weeks ago and they still have little holes everywhere.
The course could actually be really nice if they just they had a competent owner and manager.

Commented on 10/25/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

It just needs some money!

The course has a great layout. The holes can be a nice challenge. The greens are the best part of the course right now. They are the only thing that they even water on the course. I dont even see a sprinkler head anywhere in or around the fairways. Water would bring this course to life! The club house is a trailer with not much but I've played a couple of courses that started out that way. This course just needs a good management company with some money to sink into it. It's fun to play so I will be back. It just needs a chance oh and some money! Did I say that already...

Commented on 10/25/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. We would the opportunity to bump those 3 stars to 5. Please come back soon and allow us to WOW you on your next visit! Until then, take care!

So so as always

Greens had been aerated two weeks ago, but they were top dressing today, so I played the first 8 as normal, and the last 10 with sand. It wasn't too bad really. The rough (where there is grass) is very penal because of the tall non-native grass that has taken over. There were several shots in the fairway where the lie was awful due to poor turf conditions, and sand traps weren't in good shape in several places, but I did see the only maintenance worker I've ever seen there adding sand to one of the bunkers, so that's promising. Still waiting for them to sink money into this place so it can realize it's potential.

God, not great

First time playing and like a lot of other reviews, this was a course that could be so much more with a little care and attention. Greens were in great shape and challenging.
Fairways were poor to fair in o most places.
Layout was great. A longer course than I realized-no cheap hole here. Attention to small details like signage would truly help. Thankfully I played along with someone familiar with the course who helped me around.
Will play this again.

Great Course!

Olde Liberty has been my go to course for almost a year now. The course conditions have steadily transformed this summer for the better. The fairways are cut close and grown in well, the greens are firm and fast and the course layout keeps me coming back. It is quite a long course so if you like to grip it and rip it this is the place for you. Bunkers are strategically placed along with natural areas to provide multiple challenges throughout the round. I highly recommend this course and I will continue to play here in the future.

Commented on 10/25/2019

Great design, fun to play, needs work.

This was my first round at Old Liberty. The staff was great! Very welcoming and helpful.
A couple of times we weren’t sure where to go because a few of the holes have a good distance between them. They do provide a guide
The owner and staff are aware that the course needs work and are actively working on it. Greens are in very good condition. Tee boxes and fairways need work. Especially fairways. With that said, they were still in playable condition and the round was very enjoyable! Ground in fairways is a little hard. Clay soil. Sand traps need sand!!
Expect to play by winter rules and you’ll enjoy it!
The design is excellent. Long par 4s.
Not very challenging but challenging enough!
I will definitely go back.

Creedmoor, North Carolina
Louisburg, North Carolina
Durham, North Carolina

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.