2.1
2.4
2.1

Olde Liberty Golf Club

Year Built 2008
Architect Joel Moulin (2008) Michael Gleason (2008)

Don't Waste your money

Over priced for what you get.
Old Trailer for a club house
Usually only one person on staff who is pulling duty between carts and checking you in.
Carts are falling apart.
They never have sand in carts to fix divots
Fairways are full of pot holes,
"Sand"bunkers are really just clay
Greens were once the bright spot but they aerated them 6 weeks ago and they still have little holes everywhere.
The course could actually be really nice if they just they had a competent owner and manager.

It just needs some money!

The course has a great layout. The holes can be a nice challenge. The greens are the best part of the course right now. They are the only thing that they even water on the course. I dont even see a sprinkler head anywhere in or around the fairways. Water would bring this course to life! The club house is a trailer with not much but I've played a couple of courses that started out that way. This course just needs a good management company with some money to sink into it. It's fun to play so I will be back. It just needs a chance oh and some money! Did I say that already...

So so as always

Greens had been aerated two weeks ago, but they were top dressing today, so I played the first 8 as normal, and the last 10 with sand. It wasn't too bad really. The rough (where there is grass) is very penal because of the tall non-native grass that has taken over. There were several shots in the fairway where the lie was awful due to poor turf conditions, and sand traps weren't in good shape in several places, but I did see the only maintenance worker I've ever seen there adding sand to one of the bunkers, so that's promising. Still waiting for them to sink money into this place so it can realize it's potential.

God, not great

First time playing and like a lot of other reviews, this was a course that could be so much more with a little care and attention. Greens were in great shape and challenging.
Fairways were poor to fair in o most places.
Layout was great. A longer course than I realized-no cheap hole here. Attention to small details like signage would truly help. Thankfully I played along with someone familiar with the course who helped me around.
Will play this again.

Great Course!

Olde Liberty has been my go to course for almost a year now. The course conditions have steadily transformed this summer for the better. The fairways are cut close and grown in well, the greens are firm and fast and the course layout keeps me coming back. It is quite a long course so if you like to grip it and rip it this is the place for you. Bunkers are strategically placed along with natural areas to provide multiple challenges throughout the round. I highly recommend this course and I will continue to play here in the future.

Great design, fun to play, needs work.

This was my first round at Old Liberty. The staff was great! Very welcoming and helpful.
A couple of times we weren’t sure where to go because a few of the holes have a good distance between them. They do provide a guide
The owner and staff are aware that the course needs work and are actively working on it. Greens are in very good condition. Tee boxes and fairways need work. Especially fairways. With that said, they were still in playable condition and the round was very enjoyable! Ground in fairways is a little hard. Clay soil. Sand traps need sand!!
Expect to play by winter rules and you’ll enjoy it!
The design is excellent. Long par 4s.
Not very challenging but challenging enough!
I will definitely go back.

Better than it has been in the past, but....

While Olde Liberty is still far from the potential success it should be, I was mildly surprised by the improving conditions of the fairways.

The Good:
- Greens are in excellent shape and roll very nicely
- Fairways are improving. There are still plenty of areas of marginal coverage, but slowly getting better.
- Great layout.

The Bad:
- Rough is pretty sparse in a lot of areas.
- Bunkers need a ton of work. Many must be played as GUR.
- Staff friendliness leaves a lot to be desired.
- Clubhouse is a trailer which is very minimally stocked with accessories and food/beverages.
- It was 95 degrees, and all water coolers were completely empty by 11am. I advised the guy in the "clubhouse" who seemed surprised by that, but the back nine coolers still weren't filled in the two hours since told him. There is no water fountain or cooler in the clubhouse either. You either buy bottled water or fill your cup in the bathroom sink. Inexcusable.
- Carts (gas). All carts are in bad shape. I got lucky this time to have one that started up when you push the pedal, but often they don't, and you have to sit there for several seconds before they finally go.
- Range balls are horrible second-hand balls that have been used far past their expected lifespan.

Just ok

Only paid $20 with cart so for the money it was fine. What I expected for the price. Fairways were bad, rough is bad, most of the bunkers were unplayable. Greens were good and it is a nice layout. The course was empty so we breezed through with no interruptions.

Good layout, has some rough spots.

Really like the layout of this course. Some fairways are in bad shape, but overall for the value this is a challenging and decent course to play and the value is good. Staff is friendly.

Pro shop

A guy working there doesn't care about anything. If you like customer service you need to go somewhere else he didn't have any help either Pro Shop has no food I mean none. Cart paths were good greens we're good didn't show ball marks and rolled smooth rough was playable a lot of straight holes not any dog legs hard clay Fairways shots rolled. haven't seen that in a while. Good practice area range had grass on tee had a chipping area and a putting green not crowded for a Sunday afternoon

Great Track

This is a great layout. Fairways are in need of some work but the greens were in great condition. The views are beautiful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. A good value and a good test!

Layout great, Need to buy a course guide for $5 for any info on layout, nothing on score card, no tee box signage.
Fairways are low cut, not much grass, hard as a rock. Any long shots seem to bounce off fairway, plenty of roll. The rough has all the grass from the fairway plus some, many weeds, clover, hard to find balls at times.
Greens look perfect but do not roll well. Traps are inconsistent, some fluffy, some hard as a rock.Some tee boxes are in need of grass.
Great course overall, but fairways bring it down , Probably will take it off my play list for near future.

Fairways are very rough

It was my first visit to this club. The staff was very friendly. However the layout is very confusing. Worse still they do not provide a layout map on the score card. For my level (beginner to intermediate), the fairways were terrible. Many have overgrown shrubs right in the middle so even if you hit the ball perfectly straight, you may lose it. I lost more balls in one game then I have had in the last 30 games. At the tees there are no signs showing layout of the fairway or even the distance to the hole -something that is severely lacking. So as first timer, you have no idea where the hazards are. In conclusion, I think this might be a good course for an Intermediate-Advanced player but not for me.

Commented on 05/30/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Olde Liberty

I played this course for the first time Friday. The layout was absolutely awesome. It is spread over a large area through the neighborhood and it is a beautiful course. There are plenty of challenges with bunker locations and natural hazards but the course is rewarding if you hit your spots. The course conditions could be better but the greens are in good shape and for the money, I will play this course every week. Nice little course for all skill levels.

Needs so much work

Course:
As I've said several times before, this course has a ton of potential. The layout is awesome, and the greens are fantastic. That's basically where the good review ends. The fairways are overgrown with weeds and other non-bermuda strains, where you're able to find grass at all. There are many bare spots, and riding a cart across the fairway is excruciating with a ton of bumps. The rough is even worse. A ball hit 3-5 feet off the green left me chipping some of the time because the areas around the greens which should be mown tight were overgrown with a thick layer of weeds. Bunkers have gotten better on the front nine since they appear to have added more sand, but the back nine is still very thin in most traps.

Practice area:
The putting green is like the other greens on the course. It's well manicured and rolls pretty fast. They are definitely the highlight of Olde Liberty. The range leaves a lot to be desired. The grass on the tees is just like that on the fairway with a lot of weeds and it was overgrown, especially for a beautiful Saturday where most courses are as well groomed as they can be.. The landing area is mostly dirt, but there are a decent number of flags to aim at. Balls are all second-hand from other ranges and well worn.

Carts:
I happened to get the best cart I've ever gotten at Olde Liberty, but that's not saying much. They're very old gas carts, and most of them don't start up when you push the petal, at least right away. The one I had this time did what it was supposed to do, but it was still pretty raggedy.

Clubhouse:
Calling it a clubhouse is generous. It's a trailer. The only merchandise is a few hats on an otherwise empty table. They have a small selection of balls and gloves if you happen to need them. They have bottled drinks, and they may have a few pre-prepared sandwiches, but I never spend any time by the snack counter. There was only one employee working both the golf desk and the snack area, and he admitted to me he was literally the only employee working on the entire course that day. He wasn't the friendliest guy you'll ever meet, but he wasn't mean either.

Pace of play:
I played as a single on a Saturday, and I chose OL because every other course was booked solid in the morning. There were plenty of tee times open at OL. There was no ranger (remember, the guy in the trailer was flying solo), so this is what happened: I got to the first tee (a par four), and waited for a minute or two for a twosome to leave the fairway. I hit my drive, then drove up the path and around the corner and was surprised to find two foreign guys looking for their balls in the woods about 150 yards away from the men's tees in an area not visible from the tee. My question was why they had teed off with that other twosome still in the fairway?? I apologized, but they said to play through. I waited for the first twosome to clear the green, then I finished the hole. I got to #2, and I saw a twosome in the landing zone and waited for them to clear. I hit my drive and drove the cart up the path and around the corner and found another foreign twosome (both men) hitting their balls from the ladies tees! It turns out, they had been the twosome that was in the fairway on the first hole. They were both bad enough that it kind of made sense, though. I waited for them to play the hole, and while I was waiting, I found that they were driving their cart right up to the edge of the green. They did that for two holes before I had to say something to them. Thankfully, the one I said it to was very respectful about it. The first three holes were excruciatingly slow, and I found out it was because of a threesome that was in front of the twosome, and they were VERY slow. I skipped the fourth hole entirely and found there was no one in front of them. The rest of the round was good, only having to play through one other group, then joining two guys for the last two holes. It would have been much nicer to be able to call a ranger and have them talk with the threesome that let no one through and the twosome that was driving up to the greens rather than having to be my own vigilante.

Olde Liberty 4/7

This was my first time playing this course so I wasnt sure what to expect. The design is long but is somewhat forgiving. The greens were rolling pretty well. The fairways are suffering from neglect. Each fairway had several worn places with red clay exposed. I cut a gouge in my 7 iron playing out of the fairway. Not cool! The bunkers need some attention. It was a little pricy at $45 for the condition. Not sure I would give this track another go with all the other options available in the area.

Needs some grass seed

The only thing it seemed like they take care of at this course, is the greens. Fairways, fringe and roughs were in horrible conditions. Nothing but weeds and bald spots.

I gave the course 3 stars on condition only because of some of the fairways poor condition. the greens are some of the best I've played on this year, very fast and true. Will play again

Wasting potential

First time playing there. Great layout, but in very rough condition - and not just due to the time of year. Riding across a fairway on many holes will almost jar your fillings out. Many bunkers are no more than gullied clay pits. Greens were fine. Good mix of long and short 4’s.
Ill give it another try, but not any time soon.

Great Layout, Marginal Conditions

First time at Olde Lib for 2019. Good news, the greens are great! New sand has been put in the bunkers on the front 9, back 9 traps are still GUR.
Great layout, fairways have more grass than I've seen in 5 yrs. Check it out....knowing that you get what you pay for. Can usually get around in under 4 hrs. Should be decent come May/June with some heat to get the Bermuda growing.

Creedmoor, North Carolina