1.5

Statesmen 72 6041 yards 68.7 125
Patriot 72 5441 yards 66.2 118
Patriot (W) 72 5441 yards 71.6 122
Scorecard for Olde Liberty
Founders M: 74.5/138 411 558 205 454 570 408 410 191 451 3658 537 475 198 410 340 189 428 405 560 3542 7200
Minutemen M: 72.0/132 379 528 183 424 540 384 377 171 424 3410 512 443 177 380 330 170 412 376 523 3323 6733
Statesmen M: 68.7/118 W: 74.5/135 315 413 163 386 516 311 343 137 387 2971 487 413 149 340 320 136 397 333 495 3070 6041
Patriot M: 66.2/118 W: 71.6/122 292 389 145 362 473 267 313 115 352 2708 457 383 126 320 280 104 315 298 450 2733 5441

Year Built 2008
Architect Joel Moulin (2008) Michael Gleason (2008)

Improving - still a ways to go

Played late morning on a GroupGolfer voucher.

Finally some grass in the fairways! Not everywhere, but you don't have to search for a patch of grass to hit from. Rough is still just that. Greens rolled well.

There's finally a friendly face in the clubhouse - hope he doesn't get worn down and quit. Still no snack bar, but there's no visible restrictions on bringing your own food & beverage. Carts are a hot mess.

Still really like the track - hoping the improvement trend continues. C'mon Fred Smith folks - spend a few $ and make it 4 star!

Commented On 2018-11-06T15:12:13.000+00:00

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations at #OldeLibertyGolfClub. We would the opportunity to bump those 3 stars to 5. Please come back soon and allow us to WOW you on your next visit! Until then, take care!

Fairways are narrow, greens are fast.

Almost every hole on this course slopes to the right so if you're a slicer or fader you lose a lot of distance and golf balls! The rough is extremely rough and the sand traps are not very good. The cart paths and bridges are very bumpy. This course needs attention and maintenance.

Commented On 2018-10-29T13:06:50.000+00:00

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience Foldsy. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Our playing conditions are very important to us and we do strive daily to maintain high standards. Please come back soon and allow us to WOW you on your next visit! Until then, take care!

The Challenge

This course gives you different challenges from the starting par 4 till the 18th hole. Greens were in great condition smooth rolling.

Worst course ever

This most neglected golf course in the area. Fairways are nearly bare. Greens are in need of water and weed killer. Green fees are way too high. This would golf course would have to improve to suck.

One word - Neglected

I've read several reviews on this course and they all said the same. Could be a great course if it was maintained and its spot on. Its best described if you were playing a round on Mars. Greens were decent, lots of red barren spots in the fairways, you'll end up peeing blood if ride in the fairways too fast they are extremely bumpy and rock hard, the grass was not really cut and essentially every bunker was almost unplayable. But still its a fun layout and could be a great course if they would get it back in shape. And $35 for a twilight round on a Saturday is absurd. I wouldn't pay for than $25 to play this course in the condition it was in. It needs some love and it could be a great course.

The course has gone downhill

About my 4th time playing here and I have been saddened about the current condition. All of the golf carts were so worn down, none of the starters would work. Press the gas pedal and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait and hopefully it will fire up. Range balls looked like they would have been good to okay 4 years ago. The sand traps were more like waste bunkers and absolutely unplayable. The fairways were also in rough shape. The only saving grace was that the greens were were soft and relatively smooth. The cost was cheap but it reflected in the course. Sad to see this beautiful course end up so neglected. Hate to see it in a few more weeks once the cold weather sets in. Will be crossing it off the list for a while.

Interesting course

If this course was in better shape it would be a great course ! Tee's and greens are in good condition but the fairways and rough are miserable !

Bunkers haven't seen maintenance in a while either !

Next time I'm walking the course , the cart was a piece of junk !

Decent shape

Olde liberty is a challenging course with a nice layout. Bunkers are awful and the fairways are hit or miss, but the greens are decent. Always a quick round which is nice.

So So

For the price I paid on a holiday the course is not bad other than that the course is horrible. The greens were beautiful their Fairway another story it does not look like the fairways have been maintenanced since of course was originally built, golf carts in rough shape not very many other outside amenities.

Solid layout - good greens - needs help

Other recent reviews are generally spot on. Challenging and enjoyable layout with very good greens surrounded by areas of significant neglect. Most tees are workable. Fairways do not appear to get any water - very firm and occasionally sparse. It looks like there is some activity to get sprinklers working, so there might be hope. Rough is rocks and weeds. Paths are in surprisingly good condition. Can't say the same about the carts. Not an easy walk.

Clubhouse is a modular unit with almost no amenities - BYO everything. Range has nice turf, but balls and targets are third world.

This place could really be something If ownership could get the sprinklers working by fall and perform a major turf renovation. It's a $20-$25 track as is.

Great Potential

This could be a great course with more grass in fairway, sand in bunkers and a staff with personality. Had fun with good pace but played winter rules so we could avoid hard pan.

Good greats n layout.

Terrible customer service

This course really gas serious potential due to it's great layout. The course conditions, on the other hand, as pathetic. Needs lots of work. The front desk service is abysmal, as well. The young, redheaded/blond-haired guy at the desk has a terrible, unwelcoming demeanor.

Great Layout, Awful Condition

Based on layout alone, this could easily be one of the top 10 public courses in the Triangle area. Sadly, no maintenance is done on this course. The fairways are littered with dirt patches and the rough is even worse. There are golf ball sized stones in many of the bunkers as well. And some of the tee boxes are even lacking in adequate grass. The best thing this course has going for it (other than layout) is the concrete cart paths and freshly paved parking lot. It is such a wasted opportunity. If the Fred Smith company would simply put some effort into maintaining it, I'd play here regularly. As it is, I'll likely never play here again.

Will probably return

Course conditions were very good. My only complaints were the condition of the golf carts, having two different carts that both had the same problem of occasionally refusing to move. Also, I would agree with other reviews I read about the unfriendliness of the staff. I've can't remember a time that I felt less welcome at a golf course.

never improved fairways

This is my second time play here. I played maybe 5 years ago. What I remember was nice layout poor fairways. Nothing changed. Green is OK. I paid 15 bucks so this course is ok for me. I hope they spend some money for the course. It could be very nice course.

Better Than I Thought

I read previous reviews and expected little. I was pleasantly surprised. The greens are EXCELLENT - 10!! The fairways are decent. The rough of the fairways need some work due to poor soil (rocks and clay). Overall, I enjoyed my round provided you are allowed to move your ball from rocky ground conditions. The course layout is quite fun with elevation changes and many sand traps! I would go back again.

improving, can be excellent if...

Sprinkler system in. Formerly bankrupt, new staff working to improve conditions. Greens excellent, rest of course needs additional work. Very nice layout; here's hoping Fred Smith and Co. spend the money to make this one of the best in the RTP. Has the potential. 19th hole non-existant. Clubhouse is trailer.

maybe someday .. this will be a good course.. Terrible Fairways/Rough

I had played here before, I was hoping that things had changed from a few years ago, and they have somewhat.. The Greens are very good,, The Fairways and Tee Boxes are dismal at best, just no grass and you practically need a kidney belt to drive down the fairways with. Its too bad, the course lay out is Great. Also, The pro shop, its not really anything like a pro shop, is only a place to take money and get you on the course. I asked before I layed out my $40 if the fairways grass had come in and were in good shape, I was told yes. After the round, i asked the Kid who told me this if he had ever been on the course, he said No!! Haha. poor kid,, seems he was filling in for someone and he was from a different Fred Smith Golf course. I wonder how teh other Fred Smith Courses are... I may not try to find out. GREAT lay out, Greens are Good...STAY AWAY because of the fairways. Too bad, this place could be a winner.

lorestat
Commented On 2016-07-11T00:34:06.000+00:00

Update - 7/2016 - didn't follow my own recommendation. Greens are now getting bad as well No SAND in the traps.. Its that Bad.. I live very close and held hope, but no more.. I'm done..

lorestat
Commented On 2016-07-11T00:33:31.000+00:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had played here before, I was hoping that things had changed from a few years ago, and they have somewhat.. The Greens are very good,, The Fairways and Tee Boxes are dismal at best, just no grass and you practically need a kidney belt to drive down the fairways. Its too bad, the course lay out is Great. Also, The pro shop, its not really anything like a pro shop, its' only a place to take money and get you on the course.

I asked before I layed out my $40 if the fairways grass had come in and were in good shape, I was told yes. After the round, I asked the Kid who told me this if he had ever been on the course, he said No!! Haha. poor kid,, seems he was filling in for someone and he was from a different Fred Smith Golf course. I wonder how the other Fred Smith Courses are... I may not try to find out.

Creedmoor, North Carolina
Louisburg, North Carolina
Durham, North Carolina

Valid dates: Jan 11, 2019 - Mar 03, 2019
An oasis of elegance amid the harsh beauty of the desert that surrounds it, the JW Marriott Las Vegas boasts 541 oversized guestrooms and is located adjacent to TPC Las Vegas. Complimentary shuttle service and a seamless experience make this resort a first class option.
100 Commonwealth Drive, Youngsville, NC 27596 , Franklin County