2.4

Statesmen 72 6041 yards 68.7 125
Patriot 72 5441 yards 66.2 118
Patriot (W) 72 5441 yards 71.6 122
Scorecard for Olde Liberty
Founders M: 74.5/138 411 558 205 454 570 408 410 191 451 3658 537 475 198 410 340 189 428 405 560 3542 7200
Minutemen M: 72.0/132 379 528 183 424 540 384 377 171 424 3410 512 443 177 380 330 170 412 376 523 3323 6733
Statesmen M: 68.7/118 W: 74.5/135 315 413 163 386 516 311 343 137 387 2971 487 413 149 340 320 136 397 333 495 3070 6041
Patriot M: 66.2/118 W: 71.6/122 292 389 145 362 473 267 313 115 352 2708 457 383 126 320 280 104 315 298 450 2733 5441

Year Built 2008
Architect Joel Moulin (2008) Michael Gleason (2008)

Just ok

Only paid $20 with cart so for the money it was fine. What I expected for the price. Fairways were bad, rough is bad, most of the bunkers were unplayable. Greens were good and it is a nice layout. The course was empty so we breezed through with no interruptions.

Good layout, has some rough spots.

Really like the layout of this course. Some fairways are in bad shape, but overall for the value this is a challenging and decent course to play and the value is good. Staff is friendly.

Pro shop

A guy working there doesn't care about anything. If you like customer service you need to go somewhere else he didn't have any help either Pro Shop has no food I mean none. Cart paths were good greens we're good didn't show ball marks and rolled smooth rough was playable a lot of straight holes not any dog legs hard clay Fairways shots rolled. haven't seen that in a while. Good practice area range had grass on tee had a chipping area and a putting green not crowded for a Sunday afternoon

Great Track

This is a great layout. Fairways are in need of some work but the greens were in great condition. The views are beautiful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. A good value and a good test!

Layout great, Need to buy a course guide for $5 for any info on layout, nothing on score card, no tee box signage.
Fairways are low cut, not much grass, hard as a rock. Any long shots seem to bounce off fairway, plenty of roll. The rough has all the grass from the fairway plus some, many weeds, clover, hard to find balls at times.
Greens look perfect but do not roll well. Traps are inconsistent, some fluffy, some hard as a rock.Some tee boxes are in need of grass.
Great course overall, but fairways bring it down , Probably will take it off my play list for near future.

Fairways are very rough

It was my first visit to this club. The staff was very friendly. However the layout is very confusing. Worse still they do not provide a layout map on the score card. For my level (beginner to intermediate), the fairways were terrible. Many have overgrown shrubs right in the middle so even if you hit the ball perfectly straight, you may lose it. I lost more balls in one game then I have had in the last 30 games. At the tees there are no signs showing layout of the fairway or even the distance to the hole -something that is severely lacking. So as first timer, you have no idea where the hazards are. In conclusion, I think this might be a good course for an Intermediate-Advanced player but not for me.

Commented On 05/30/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Olde Liberty

I played this course for the first time Friday. The layout was absolutely awesome. It is spread over a large area through the neighborhood and it is a beautiful course. There are plenty of challenges with bunker locations and natural hazards but the course is rewarding if you hit your spots. The course conditions could be better but the greens are in good shape and for the money, I will play this course every week. Nice little course for all skill levels.

Needs so much work

Course:
As I've said several times before, this course has a ton of potential. The layout is awesome, and the greens are fantastic. That's basically where the good review ends. The fairways are overgrown with weeds and other non-bermuda strains, where you're able to find grass at all. There are many bare spots, and riding a cart across the fairway is excruciating with a ton of bumps. The rough is even worse. A ball hit 3-5 feet off the green left me chipping some of the time because the areas around the greens which should be mown tight were overgrown with a thick layer of weeds. Bunkers have gotten better on the front nine since they appear to have added more sand, but the back nine is still very thin in most traps.

Practice area:
The putting green is like the other greens on the course. It's well manicured and rolls pretty fast. They are definitely the highlight of Olde Liberty. The range leaves a lot to be desired. The grass on the tees is just like that on the fairway with a lot of weeds and it was overgrown, especially for a beautiful Saturday where most courses are as well groomed as they can be.. The landing area is mostly dirt, but there are a decent number of flags to aim at. Balls are all second-hand from other ranges and well worn.

Carts:
I happened to get the best cart I've ever gotten at Olde Liberty, but that's not saying much. They're very old gas carts, and most of them don't start up when you push the petal, at least right away. The one I had this time did what it was supposed to do, but it was still pretty raggedy.

Clubhouse:
Calling it a clubhouse is generous. It's a trailer. The only merchandise is a few hats on an otherwise empty table. They have a small selection of balls and gloves if you happen to need them. They have bottled drinks, and they may have a few pre-prepared sandwiches, but I never spend any time by the snack counter. There was only one employee working both the golf desk and the snack area, and he admitted to me he was literally the only employee working on the entire course that day. He wasn't the friendliest guy you'll ever meet, but he wasn't mean either.

Pace of play:
I played as a single on a Saturday, and I chose OL because every other course was booked solid in the morning. There were plenty of tee times open at OL. There was no ranger (remember, the guy in the trailer was flying solo), so this is what happened: I got to the first tee (a par four), and waited for a minute or two for a twosome to leave the fairway. I hit my drive, then drove up the path and around the corner and was surprised to find two foreign guys looking for their balls in the woods about 150 yards away from the men's tees in an area not visible from the tee. My question was why they had teed off with that other twosome still in the fairway?? I apologized, but they said to play through. I waited for the first twosome to clear the green, then I finished the hole. I got to #2, and I saw a twosome in the landing zone and waited for them to clear. I hit my drive and drove the cart up the path and around the corner and found another foreign twosome (both men) hitting their balls from the ladies tees! It turns out, they had been the twosome that was in the fairway on the first hole. They were both bad enough that it kind of made sense, though. I waited for them to play the hole, and while I was waiting, I found that they were driving their cart right up to the edge of the green. They did that for two holes before I had to say something to them. Thankfully, the one I said it to was very respectful about it. The first three holes were excruciatingly slow, and I found out it was because of a threesome that was in front of the twosome, and they were VERY slow. I skipped the fourth hole entirely and found there was no one in front of them. The rest of the round was good, only having to play through one other group, then joining two guys for the last two holes. It would have been much nicer to be able to call a ranger and have them talk with the threesome that let no one through and the twosome that was driving up to the greens rather than having to be my own vigilante.

Olde Liberty 4/7

This was my first time playing this course so I wasnt sure what to expect. The design is long but is somewhat forgiving. The greens were rolling pretty well. The fairways are suffering from neglect. Each fairway had several worn places with red clay exposed. I cut a gouge in my 7 iron playing out of the fairway. Not cool! The bunkers need some attention. It was a little pricy at $45 for the condition. Not sure I would give this track another go with all the other options available in the area.

Needs some grass seed

The only thing it seemed like they take care of at this course, is the greens. Fairways, fringe and roughs were in horrible conditions. Nothing but weeds and bald spots.

I gave the course 3 stars on condition only because of some of the fairways poor condition. the greens are some of the best I've played on this year, very fast and true. Will play again

Wasting potential

First time playing there. Great layout, but in very rough condition - and not just due to the time of year. Riding across a fairway on many holes will almost jar your fillings out. Many bunkers are no more than gullied clay pits. Greens were fine. Good mix of long and short 4’s.
Ill give it another try, but not any time soon.

Great Layout, Marginal Conditions

First time at Olde Lib for 2019. Good news, the greens are great! New sand has been put in the bunkers on the front 9, back 9 traps are still GUR.
Great layout, fairways have more grass than I've seen in 5 yrs. Check it out....knowing that you get what you pay for. Can usually get around in under 4 hrs. Should be decent come May/June with some heat to get the Bermuda growing.

Old Liberty

Excellent greens and layout. Once the warm weather comes the fairways will be much better. Sand traps need some more sand.

Commented On 02/26/2019

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Needs work

Needs work. Fairways are in rough shape as well as the tee boxes. The layout of the course is great. Cart paths and greens are nice. It's just the fairways, roughs, and sand traps that need work. Erosion has impacted many of the fairways which creates rocky bare spots. Huge potential but it's going to take money and time.

Get what you pay for

I just really wish this course was taken care of. Grass is poor, nobody rakes the sand. I see a lot of potential in this course.

Improving - still a ways to go

Played late morning on a GroupGolfer voucher.

Finally some grass in the fairways! Not everywhere, but you don't have to search for a patch of grass to hit from. Rough is still just that. Greens rolled well.

There's finally a friendly face in the clubhouse - hope he doesn't get worn down and quit. Still no snack bar, but there's no visible restrictions on bringing your own food & beverage. Carts are a hot mess.

Still really like the track - hoping the improvement trend continues. C'mon Fred Smith folks - spend a few $ and make it 4 star!

Commented On 11/06/2018

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations at #OldeLibertyGolfClub. We would the opportunity to bump those 3 stars to 5. Please come back soon and allow us to WOW you on your next visit! Until then, take care!

Fairways are narrow, greens are fast.

Almost every hole on this course slopes to the right so if you're a slicer or fader you lose a lot of distance and golf balls! The rough is extremely rough and the sand traps are not very good. The cart paths and bridges are very bumpy. This course needs attention and maintenance.

Commented On 10/29/2018

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience Foldsy. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Our playing conditions are very important to us and we do strive daily to maintain high standards. Please come back soon and allow us to WOW you on your next visit! Until then, take care!

The Challenge

This course gives you different challenges from the starting par 4 till the 18th hole. Greens were in great condition smooth rolling.

Creedmoor, North Carolina
Louisburg, North Carolina
Durham, North Carolina

Valid dates: Jun 21, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
Sign up for a 2 or 3 Day Golf School and receive accommodations in a villa for the duration of your stay.
Keystone Resort Stay, Play and Save
June Special at Shenvalee
Fling and Swing!
Sewailo Golf Club Stay & Play Hotel Package
100 Commonwealth Drive, Youngsville, NC 27596 , Franklin County
(919) 554-4690
Latest Articles
Articles
Golf tournament pro-ams: a primer
Articles
The days I fell in love with golf (a Cool Golf Memory)
Articles
What does the golf course of the future look like?