Timberlake Golf Club
Scorecard for TimberLake
Blue M: 71.4/130 515 397 193 397 526 203 392 156 431 3210 401 335 160 495 539 210 551 399 211 3301 6511
White M: 69.9/121 495 372 155 375 489 172 371 137 415 2981 377 325 139 467 492 169 506 367 189 3031 6012
Gold M: 64.9/108 W: 69.8/122 455 315 111 301 472 121 348 115 372 2610 310 279 120 405 464 135 450 328 155 2646 5256
Red W: 66.2/111 395 275 92 295 415 103 305 103 298 2281 300 249 112 388 444 114 424 289 133 2453 4734

Year Built 2004

Golf Simulator No
Pitching/Chipping Area No
Practice Hole No

Hidden Gem

This is great course especially for those who like a shorter distanced course. Long ball hitters could take extreme advantage of several holes. One of the most fun tracks I’ve played in the area and it’s a great value for price. Greens are very fast right now which I personally enjoy. Can’t wait to play in the heat of summer to see the difference.

Great course for wintertime play.

Timberlake is a great course for wintertime play. Well worth the drive from the Triangle. Greens in really good condition considering it's late Janruary.

Terrible

Never again. Drove 1:15 mins for this. We played 5 holes and left. Drove to Raleigh for real golf. I have never been more disappointed in a golf course. I’m baffled that the place has 4.5 stars. Awkward course, poorly maintained, greens were descent but aerated.

TimberLake Golf Club
Commented On 04/18/2019

Hello Damian, thank you for reviewing our course, Timberlake Golf Club. We strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark. Your loyalty to our course is valued and we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback of your round. We hope you will see improvements in the conditions the next time you are with us. Thank you for choosing to play our course, we hope to earn your business again soon.

Fabulous on every level

Don’t know where to start. Great staff As good of greens as you can play anywhere. Layout that every level can enjoy. Wish it was in my area. I would join.

Worth the trip

Off the path a bit but worth the drive. Bentgrass greens were very nice. Good layout. No gimmick holes. Course in great shape.

Father and Son Time

Awesome course and layout. Really enjoyed playing best ball here with my dad. Shot even par and though everything was great especially for the price. A few patches of dryness on 2 or 3 greens but that’s it. Staff let us start out on back nine due to backup of big groups on the first tee, they are extremely helpful and encouraging. We loved our experience here!

hidden gem

It is not a five star course but above 4 star course. Some greens are do not look good still ok to play. greens have undulation and roll well. they maintain fairways very well. layout has everything . I played from white and most of par five are little short.I enjoyed play here and back soon to play again

Why did I stay away so long

We called at 8:00 for a tee time that morning and got one. Our threesome played in 3 hours following a couple of foursomes. It was December and the bermuda was mostly dormant, but it was in perfect shape. The Bentgrass greens were fast and true. The length from the back is not imposing, but at around 6500 with long par 3s and a par of 71 it demands well struck shots. Since we played so quickly we decided to replay and it was another 3 hour round. Staff was super friendly and the value cannot be beat. This course sits near the halfway point between the Triangle and the beach and would be a good choice to play if you are looking for an intransit round. It has been 7 years since I played it, but it won't be that long before I return.

Nice, But

Have been wanting to play this course for a couple of years now, since it is on the way to Myrtle Beach and is a good stop off location for our trips. The staff could not have been more helpful and nicer. The course for the time of year was in very good shape, full of dormant Bermuda grass and the greens showed no signs of damage anywhere. No one can argue with the cost to play. Unfortunately, I found the layout to be one little annoying trick after another. Blind shots and strange little design features that unless you have played the course a couple of times, they will jump up and bite a normally well played shot. The on cart GPS system was so old that it was next to impossible to see the screen, so that helpful tool was of no use. It finally stopped working on #10 and never came back to life again. Really nice people and good conditions, but not worth the stop in the future

TimberlakeGolf
Commented On 02/11/2016

We are glad to hear that you stopped by to play a round at TimeberLake. We pride ourselves in our great customer service so we are happy to hear how helpful everyone was. We apologize for the GPS system in the carts. The course can definitely be tricky, but after playing a few time we feel like you may enjoy it a bit more. We hope you will come out and give us another shot.

My home course

I love this place so much I joined back in April. The layout is great. It is challenging, but not so much that you'll get discouraged. The course is in great condition. The greens are PERFECT! These greens putt the best of any I play on. I don't care for the starter giving preference to guests over members, both in pricing and tee times. That upsets a lot of members who pay dues and really get nothing for it. Overall, this is a gem of a course, just needs to remember to always look out for its members.

A real surprise

Business travels had me in Clinton NC late in the afternoon and I was ready to settle for whatever the small town had to offer golf-wise. Stunned to find one of the absolute best public golf courses I have ever played (and I've played many!). The layout was challenging but playable, and the course condition was great. The (British!) lady who checked me in was super nice and accommodating, and the twilight rate was almost like stealing. GPS in the cart was an unexpected bonus. I will happily drive far out of my way to play here again, and may even arrange a couple day trip. A true hidden gem!

Best "Unknown" Course Around!

Carved out of farmland in rural Clinton, NC, and about a 50 minute drive from North Fayetteville, Timberlake golf course holds it's own with any of it's larger resort area counterparts. From the back tees the course presents a formidable challenge with four of five par 3's over 200 yards, including a visually beautiful (and perhaps terrifying!) finishing hole over water. Well placed bunkers and water hazards are the equalizers to fairly wide fairways, while the bent greens are among the best in the entire area. This was our fourth time playing the course and it has quickly become one of our absolute favorites in the whole Sandhills region. The excellent customer service in the pro shop is surpassed only by the spectacular work the the course superintendent and his crew do (the course should do it's best to hang on to him- this is an extremely difficult area to maintain bent greens, and he's got it down!) If you love golf, don't think about it, just make your tee time at Timberlake now...I guarantee you will be thankful you did!

Great Round, Good Value

I truly enjoyed playing! Can't beat the value! The course overall was in very good shape. The layout had challenges, but yet it was very simplistic. You will be glad you went.

great condition, great price

First timer at Timberlake, but will go back as soon as I can. I had no idea what a jem this course is. Kind of a long drive, but well worth it. Not an overly challenging course, but you will get your share of risk/reward shots. Absolutely great overall condition, carts have GPS, average driving range. The only flaw was the clubhouse (mobile home), but don't let it fool you....very well worth the money/drive.

Fun course but not 5 stars

Greens were in great shape but no way near a five star experience as others have rated. For the price it's well worth it. Par 5's are mostly reachable in 2. Biggest problem I had with the course was the gnats and bugs.

The course was challenging but fair.

The location to my home was 20 miles which was good. The course was enjoyable and fair.

Awesome coarse & GPS!

Great play, great coarse will go back again soon and I did the following day! Loved the digital GPS system....helped my game tremendously!

Outstanding condition and enjoyable

This is a very playable course. the staff are excellent and a pleasure to deal with etc. course is in terrific condidtion.
plays true to its yardage and the greens were outstanding...

Clinton, North Carolina
Dunn, North Carolina
Wallace, North Carolina
Wallace, North Carolina

Valid dates: May 24, 2019 - Oct 13, 2019
Save on lodging and Canyons Golf! Give your drive the adventure it deserve this summer at Canyons Golf.
Stay and Play
Stay & Play Escape at Eagle Eye!
Stay and Play
Stay & Play this Summer at Hawk Hollow!
Unlimited Golf Stay and Play at St James Bay Golf Club