Style Links
Golf Club at Eagle Creek

Year Built 1999
Architect James A. Overton, Jr. (1999)

Pull-carts No

Bunker No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Dress code Proper golf attire.

Bar, Grill

Great course after heavy rains. Hard to walk the course due to gravel cart paths. Hard to ride as well. Only downfall of the course. Wonderful staff and amazing clubhouse. Club sandwiches are amazing!

Snails Pace

This was my 3rd time out to Eagle Creek. I had a terrible experience the first time due to greens that were atrocious to say the least (2 years ago). I understand that they had been going through management changes and were in the process of making changes and such. This time around, I was much happier with the conditions of the course. Greens were great in comparison. My only complaint was the pace of play. Just to give you an idea, we got through the first 2 holes in just under an hour...there were 2 groups ahead of us. (To note, our tee time was 10:26, we left the course at 3:30) The first group had zero sense of urgency, they were searching for their balls left and right, taking all the time in the world on the greens and might as well have been walking the course. The group directly ahead of us also dealing with that same group thankfully played best ball and kept it moving. Before I continue rambling, I think I would have just appreciated a Marshall out there maybe coaxing the super slow group to pick up the pace a bit. My father-in-law and I ended up having lunch at the turn and then went back out, our back 9 ended up taking about an hour/hour and a half after playing through one group (also slow) and ultimately ended up having a decent experience. To note, the food was awesome and we would probably go just for the food. Nonetheless, it is a great course for a great value and we will be back, just hope that people keep it moving!

Nice course nothing crazy perfect for all golfers

If your a bro, you’ll love this course. Compared to other neighborhood courses, greens and fairways were impeccable. By far best value with money and quality. Crack some cold ones turn the music up and let’s go birds hunting !!!!

Best Greens in OBX

Plenty of parking available, including RVs. Pro Shop is well stocked with balls, gloves and tees. Including very affordable shirts. Clean carts, with ice cooler and USB ports. Tee boxes and fairways are well maintained. But the best part of the course is when you reach the best greens in the outer-banks. Matured Bermuda that roll true! The 19th hole has plenty of sitting space and an outstanding menu for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Top all these great amenities with a friendly staff and I promise you the best round of golf you've enjoyed in some time.

Great Course, great price

My wife and I were on vacation visiting family and I booked a Golfnow tee time. Course was pretty busy but never had to wait. Area had seen a lot of rain and some spots you could really tell but for the price you pay this course was amazing. Greens ran great. Fairways well taken care of. Will definitely play again when we come back down.

Wet

this course has a excellent layout. Due to the rain the course was very damp and was cart path only. Only able to play the back 9 however the course is straight and wide.

Great time

Second time at this course and enjoyed it just as much as the first. We are about a hour away or we would definitely golf at this course more often!

Difficulty Extremely Easy
Commented on 07/21/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round? Please feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing The Golf Club at Eagle Creek, and we hope to see you again soon.

Review of this guy's review u319087568 Stay away from this place

I played with this idiot on 6/24 that left this review u319087568
Stay away from this place
He only paid $16 for 18 holes .the girl behind counter bent over backwards to help him. Meanwhile he was rude and nasty towards her the entire time . He complained about everything. He is a hack as well . The entire round he complained about everything making my round miserable. Please sir if you read this stay away from golf anywhere because you make it miserable for everyone else . No wonder you don't have anyone to play with . Your review should have read "stay away from me " I am a miserable old man . Now ! The course is in great shape and the lady behind the counter was super nice. I will definitely be back and hopefully I never see that idiot again .

Large landing areas; friendly greens (good shape, albeit, mostly just straight putts).

Open farmland converted to golf course, large fairways, limited trees. Greens were in good shape, albeit, not too difficult to read. Very enjoyable walk. Good course to work on basics for $23/round (definitely worth $23).

Very friendly staff, incl both the pro shop gentlemen and the crew that mowed the fairways-

First time player here: had a hard time figuring out distance, not many of the 200/150/100 stakes were present and I forgot my range finder!!

btw- live by Signature GC (Near Pungo area of VB), only took 37 min to drive to course.

Commented on 07/07/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting The Golf Club at Eagle Creek. We hope to see you again in the future.

Stay away from this place

Arrived at the course at 9:45 for my 10:26 tee time on a Wednesday morning giving me plenty of time to go to the driving range before my round like I always do. Noticed their were only 2 carts outside, and when I went to check in I was told a "huge" tournament just started. Each person in the tournament took a cart because of Covid, which is fine imo. But then I was told 2 others were gonna play with me, resulting in a shared cart and not being able to warm up like normal, I became annoyed. Why have multiple tee times available on GolfNow including a cart if you're gonna give out every single cart besides 2 to the tournament players? And since I'm not in the tournament I guess me wanting to social distance from strangers doesn't matter to them. The women working found a extra cart in the barn after she saw my anger, but I was already fed up. It was cart path only, but the tourney players were parking on the fringe and driving wherever they want despite their being puddles and wet spots everywhere. No Marshall to be seen. I played here once a week for over a year, and today was my last round there. I would suggest going to a different course in the area for anyone thinking about playing here.

Stay away from this place

Arrived at the course at 9:45 for my 10:26 tee time on a Wednesday morning giving me plenty of time to go to the driving range before my round like I always do. Noticed their were only 2 carts outside, and when I went to check in I was told a "huge" tournament just started. Each person in the tournament took a cart because of Covid, which is fine imo. But then I was told 2 others were gonna play with me, resulting in a shared cart and not being able to warm up like normal, I became annoyed. Why have multiple tee times available on GolfNow including a cart if you're gonna give out every single cart besides 2 to the tournament players? And since I'm not in the tournament I guess me wanting to social distance from strangers doesn't matter to them. The women working found a extra cart in the barn after she saw my anger, but I was already fed up... It was cart path only, but the tourney players were parking on the fringe and driving wherever they want despite their being puddles and wet spots everywhere. No Marshall to be seen. I played here once a week for over a year, and today was my last round there. I would suggest going to a different course in the area for anyone thinking about playing here.

Commented on 07/06/2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced. This is by no means the standard we strive for as we aim to provide a 5-star experience every time. Please know that we are doing our best to work in compliance with the current restrictions and maintaining proper social distancing as our golfers health and safety is always our upmost priority. With that being said, we would like to apologize for missing the mark. Please feel free to reach our to our team in the pro shop for further clarification in this matter. We hope to hear from you soon and that you will give us another chance to play The Golf Club at Eagle Creek in the near future.

Excellent staff and greens

Everyone is so nice and helpful. The course is in good shape and the greens are well maintained. Fun course layout and the rates are terrific. The grill is awesome! Lots of area for people outside with the right amount of spacing.

Nice but plain

Course was nice, but, no elevation. Greens we really good.

Commented on 05/24/2020

Thanks you for coming

Great day

Played here on Mother’s Day. Had a great time. Course not busy people extremely friendly.. if looking for a challenging course this is not it, but if want a great easy low pressure time this is the place.. Plus beers cold and food excellent

Elizabeth City, North Carolina