Style Links
Golf Club at Eagle Creek

Year Built 1999
Architect James A. Overton, Jr. (1999)

Pull-carts No

Bunker No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Dress code Proper golf attire.

Bar, Grill

Nice but plain

Course was nice, but, no elevation. Greens we really good.

Commented on 05/24/2020

Thanks you for coming

Great day

Played here on Mother’s Day. Had a great time. Course not busy people extremely friendly.. if looking for a challenging course this is not it, but if want a great easy low pressure time this is the place.. Plus beers cold and food excellent

Enjoyable

This is a great course to get a practice round, Wide open with minimal obstacles (there is water that keeps it real) greens and tee boxes in superb shape! Fairways have a great lush texture. Chicken tenders in the grill- Awesome!

Neighborhood course, and not COVID-19 recommended.

Obviously playing golf in the wake of COVID-19 is a risk in most public spaces, golf course are not the exception. The Golf Club at Eagle Creek should be taking precautions beyond posting signage in the clubhouse and fabricating hand sanitizer that feels like a glue and soap mix much more serious.

When we visiting this course the golf carts were not wiped down, they were allowing patrons to ride multiple players per cart. (The new industry standard is one player to a cart and the starter observes the carts while they are disinfected) I saw a couple had there son in the middle of the golf cart, which 3 to a cart is unbelievable. They ran out of carts and were distributing them as they were returned. A groundsman issued our cart to us, as is. When asked to wipe it down, he walked over to a blue sludge bucket and grabbed a dirty towel dipped it in the water and proceeded to wipe our golf cart down.

This was unimaginable, considering the times that we are living in were cleanliness is no longer an option, it’s a priority. This modicum and process told me everything I needed to know about how serious The Golf Club at Eagle Creek is handling sanitation and distribution of golf carts. We had plans to eat and participate and padding the local business in the form of buying food drinks and other things from the clubhouse. However, after watching this display and how things are being handled in other areas we decided not to. The only reason why we continued out to the course is because I had an H20 and bleach blend to spray our cart and golf balls.

Be mindful as well, that the locals make you feel weird both on and off the course, almost a feeling like “where did y’all come from?” I don’t know how you fix that, but as they say “you can’t fix stupid!”

You should know that with the exception of the pro shop staff the locals are down home. As we were making the turn there was a bike rally at the pro shop. Extremely loud bikes with music. Unlike anything at a golf course we’ve experienced played.

The course was very much wide open, but the conditions were not as advertised. Clearly, the locals are doing the reviews. But, in fairness to the conditions of the course it was very wide open and the greens were in phenomenal shape. Tee boxes, nope! Fairways, nope! Very bad tee boxes and fairways. This course is outlined by single family homes so if you hit one out of play you’ll possibly be in the backyard of someone’s home or in there pool.

To the GM or Head Pro, as a suggestion please consider only allowing one player per cart particularly if there are teetimes booked in advance. Also please consider putting a small inch cut PVC pipe inside the flag-pin so the ball does not go down in the hole where other players are sticking their hands. Lastly please encourage players to not take the flag out of the hole as germs pass freely when this happens.

Commented on 05/17/2020

Hilarious review! You couldn’t be more wrong about eagle creek they do so much for the community and as far as I’ve seen have taken lots of sanitation steps and we play there weekly. If you were really trying to “suggest” things why didn’t you say anything to the staff or email them directly instead of writing a book to try and bash and great local place.

The course provided a great round of golf!

I've played this course four or five times and had a great time each round! The fairways are wide and the greens were rolling well and in great shape. There are many holes with water hazards that are challenging.The staff is super friendly and helpful. I drive from the Great Bridge section of Chesapeake. The experience is always worthwhile and is a great value!

Played again

I played this course back in June and again yesterday while in the outer banks. About a 50 minute drive from the island but for the price and the overall quality of the course it’s worth the drive. No dead spots on the greens but they did need to be cut a little tighter. Fairways in decent shape for the time of year. Tee boxes could use a good trimming as there were some spots of high grass growing. Overall great experience and will be playing again when I come back down in December.

Outstanding Value

Have been playing this course since it reopened, under new ownership in 2015, and the course has improved tenfold! All greens were replaced with Bermuda Hybrid a couple of years ago and are maturing with each passing season. There are multiple tee markers which allows for all level of players to enjoy the course. Highly recommend players of all skill levels to visit the course! Also, the food and beverages available in the Grill are outstanding!!

We love it!

We've enjoyed playing at Eagle Creek since 2014. The staff has worked really hard at caring for the course and it's a pleasure to play there. We drive all the way from the Greenbrier area of Chesapeake, (about 25 miles) past several other courses, because we prefer Eagle Creek. They have fantastic customer service & professionalism, while still being friendly and keeping it personal.

Great course for the money

We are staying in kitty hawk so it was about an hour drive but the course was in great shape. We had the first tee time so a few tee boxes weren’t cut yet but the greens were decent and fairways were green. Great value considering the prices the island is charging

More than I expected!

We have had a lot of rain here, so I expected the course to be wet and it was. The greens were rather slow and spongy, but it's January, so I wasn't disappointed. However, the fairways were excellent. hey were green and the ball sat up nicely, a pleasant surprise for winter golf.

First time

This was my first time playing Eagle Creek. The tee boxes and fairways were in great shape despite heavy rainfall two days prior. The greens were a bit bumpy but they are still recovering from winter. Friendly staff. Full restaurant menu and bar. I will be playing here again.

Course closed

Golf course called and cancelled my tee time course was flooded

Horrible greens

The greens were completely awful I played this course twice over the span of the month and nothing about the greens changed. The greens were grown out about as much as the fairways and you were sometimes better off chipping it. Overall the course is just kinda boring many of the holes are very similar in design. Overall if you in this area your better off going up to Hampton roads or down to the outer banks.

Commented on 05/18/2019

Not sure if you have played recently your comment shows as recent but it says you played on 10/28/18. I will tell you the greens are in great shape now we have had nothing but great feedback from many many players. You may have caught us on a day we were fertilizing them and didn’t cut them. Hope you’ll try us again!
-Management