The Golf Club at Eagle Creek

Golf Club at Eagle Creek
Scorecard for The Golf Club At Eagle Creek
Blue M: 72.3/120 402 406 429 200 400 490 170 457 485 3439 319 403 371 482 205 439 502 185 373 3279 6718
white M: 69.8/116 375 393 410 180 385 476 150 383 476 3228 309 385 364 473 180 405 489 170 348 3123 6351
Yellow M: 67.3/112 326 365 402 160 360 430 125 344 424 2936 302 350 328 408 165 340 470 155 330 2848 5784
Red W: 69.2/113 270 335 380 150 298 415 110 287 405 2650 218 341 280 361 150 334 382 145 292 2503 5153

Year Built 1999
Architect James A. Overton, Jr. (1999)

Pull-carts No

Bunker No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Dress code Proper golf attire.

The Hidden Gem

This course is the perfect place for couples to play 9 or 18 holes. The course layout is extremely friendly but can challenge the best of golfers too. There may not be lots of hazards, but the wind is the true test in beating the course. Highly recommend this course for the beginner to the advanced player. There are multiple tee boxes which is perfect for all levels. The updated Bermuda greens provide for a great putting surface. I'll be back to play soonest!

Much improved

Greens were in fantastic shape, due to impending rain which never happened we had the course to ourselves. Very friendly staff.

Great course and newly renovated greens

Great course for an even better price. Guy at the pro shop said they just Re did the greens and they were in great shape. Fun layout.

No Greens!!

Greens are absolutely horrible. I guess they haven't yet grown in due to the cold winter, cool spring and wet conditions. Until they get a lot better, you basically just have to agree that everything's a two putt. Just terrible.

Response from The Golf Club at Eagle Creek on 06/15/2018:
Hello, on behalf of The Golf Club at Eagle Creek staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

No greens. None! Should have been told upfront

Embarrassed to have recommended this course to my friend

Response from The Golf Club at Eagle Creek on 05/29/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, The Golf Club at Eagle Creek, in the Moyock, North Carolina area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Overall good course

The fairways were in good shape and the greens were pretty fast.

Good value for your dollar.

Response from The Golf Club at Eagle Creek on 02/26/2018:
Thanks a lot for your review. We really appreciate customer feedback. We're pleased that you enjoyed the course layout as well as the pace and our accommodating staff. Thanks so much for choosing The Golf Club at Eagle Creek. Please remember us for your next round!

The PRICE is Right... Come'on down!!!

Played Eagle Creek a couple years ago, but had heard course had made improvements... Course was pretty wet from a few days of rain prior to our group playing, but still playable and we had a great time... Staff was very friendly and the overall course has made several improvements. Will surely make a return trip...

Great Value, and the course is in awesome shape

This course seems to have made alot of improvements over the past year. I decided to give it a try after hearing not so good things about it last year. But what a surprise! The course is in GREAT shape and the value is even better. Don't pay 60-80 at vb courses give this place a shot instead, was wide open during the week. Oh and they just got some brand new golf carts which are outstanding.

Nothing Fancy but.......

My nephew and I struggled to find a decent course near Duck for under $70. We took a chance on Eagle Creek because of the price. It took us only 45 minutes to get there. We were the first two on the course so pace of play was not an issue. The fairways and greens were in very good condition. Once, I got over the idea of the Footgolf course on the front nine, it turned out to be a nice round of golf. Nothing fancy at all about the course but we were able to play the round in 3 1/2 hours and be back in Duck for lunch! We will be back and we will be sure to grab the 8:00am tee time as well.

Lots of doglegs

This course is plain looking and not a thing of beauty but.... priced right and worth a little side trip. Lots of doglegs and water. The greens were in decent shape, mostly straight and not much read in them. This course is long and will test your long irons. Staff is friendly and not too crowded when I played. If you like to hit the long ball, this is for you.

Response from The Golf Club at Eagle Creek on 08/24/2017:
Hello Randy, thank you for taking the time to review our course, The Golf Club at Eagle Creek, and for the 3-stars. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your round with us and that it was a great value for you. It sounds like the course was a good challenge for you, especially on the holes with doglegs and water hazards. We are also glad to hear that you had a friendly experience with our staff. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and thank you for golfing with us, in the Richmond area.

Not bad especially for the money

This course was a good value. I've been playing for 10 plus years. The course is in decent shape, everyone was nice and it had a couple of tough holes and a few easy holes. Lots of water.

Much improved will play again

The course is very much improved over the past month, greens are rolling great, fairways and rough have definition and were freshly cut. Will definitely be back!

Cow pasture.

This course is in terrible condition, greens are burnt out and bumpy. Fairways are are worse.

u716752877
Commented On 06/21/2017

played here last week and it was very much improved you should give it another shot.

good family course

nice course , new greens coming in and roll good . have a few spots on greens but pins are away from them. bar and grill staff were really friendly and food was awesome . no long waits course wide open.

bad course and bad service

The greens are horrible, trying to putt on the greens are like putting on gravel. The greens have barely any grass. Also the fairways are dead poorly cut and hard as a rock. Another turn off was on the 10 hole beside the clubhouse it smelt like the golf course was running a bootleg fish processing plant it smelt horrible. Finally on the back nine I ran into a greens keeper with a horrible attitude. The guy was totally rude for no reason. For the money I would recommend playing the point. Great course with very friendly people who make you feel at home.

u716752877
Commented On 06/21/2017

Wow, I just played here a few days ago and it was nothing like you explained, the greens rolled great and all but 2 of them were in very good condition

Never again

I will never play this course again it's grass was dried up wheat which everything is dead after winter but the ground was as hard as rock, the greens look like trash I could watch my ball bounce off the ground from hitting so many bumps this is a 12 dollar course at most I would not take a beginner there to pay 30$ for such a horrible course is outrageous. I have never left a course due to conditions but I actually left after 9 terrible holes I could not believe it please do yourself a favor and spend your 30$ at any other course in the area they are about that price and are way better kept up with. First course I have said never again too but it was just that bad