Style Links
Golf Club at Eagle Creek
Scorecard for The Golf Club At Eagle Creek
Blue M: 72.3/120 402 406 429 200 400 490 170 457 485 3439 319 403 371 482 205 439 502 185 373 3279 6718
white M: 69.8/116 375 393 410 180 385 476 150 383 476 3228 309 385 364 473 180 405 489 170 348 3123 6351
Yellow M: 67.3/112 326 365 402 160 360 430 125 344 424 2936 302 350 328 408 165 340 470 155 330 2848 5784
Red W: 69.2/113 270 335 380 150 298 415 110 287 405 2650 218 341 280 361 150 334 382 145 292 2503 5153

Year Built 1999
Architect James A. Overton, Jr. (1999)

Pull-carts No

Bunker No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Dress code Proper golf attire.

Outstanding Value

Have been playing this course since it reopened, under new ownership in 2015, and the course has improved tenfold! All greens were replaced with Bermuda Hybrid a couple of years ago and are maturing with each passing season. There are multiple tee markers which allows for all level of players to enjoy the course. Highly recommend players of all skill levels to visit the course! Also, the food and beverages available in the Grill are outstanding!!

We love it!

We've enjoyed playing at Eagle Creek since 2014. The staff has worked really hard at caring for the course and it's a pleasure to play there. We drive all the way from the Greenbrier area of Chesapeake, (about 25 miles) past several other courses, because we prefer Eagle Creek. They have fantastic customer service & professionalism, while still being friendly and keeping it personal.

Great course for the money

We are staying in kitty hawk so it was about an hour drive but the course was in great shape. We had the first tee time so a few tee boxes weren’t cut yet but the greens were decent and fairways were green. Great value considering the prices the island is charging

More than I expected!

We have had a lot of rain here, so I expected the course to be wet and it was. The greens were rather slow and spongy, but it's January, so I wasn't disappointed. However, the fairways were excellent. hey were green and the ball sat up nicely, a pleasant surprise for winter golf.

First time

This was my first time playing Eagle Creek. The tee boxes and fairways were in great shape despite heavy rainfall two days prior. The greens were a bit bumpy but they are still recovering from winter. Friendly staff. Full restaurant menu and bar. I will be playing here again.

Horrible greens

The greens were completely awful I played this course twice over the span of the month and nothing about the greens changed. The greens were grown out about as much as the fairways and you were sometimes better off chipping it. Overall the course is just kinda boring many of the holes are very similar in design. Overall if you in this area your better off going up to Hampton roads or down to the outer banks.

u716752877
Commented On 05/18/2019

Not sure if you have played recently your comment shows as recent but it says you played on 10/28/18. I will tell you the greens are in great shape now we have had nothing but great feedback from many many players. You may have caught us on a day we were fertilizing them and didn’t cut them. Hope you’ll try us again!
-Management

The Hidden Gem

This course is the perfect place for couples to play 9 or 18 holes. The course layout is extremely friendly but can challenge the best of golfers too. There may not be lots of hazards, but the wind is the true test in beating the course. Highly recommend this course for the beginner to the advanced player. There are multiple tee boxes which is perfect for all levels. The updated Bermuda greens provide for a great putting surface. I'll be back to play soonest!

Much improved

Greens were in fantastic shape, due to impending rain which never happened we had the course to ourselves. Very friendly staff.

Great course and newly renovated greens

Great course for an even better price. Guy at the pro shop said they just Re did the greens and they were in great shape. Fun layout.

No Greens!!

Greens are absolutely horrible. I guess they haven't yet grown in due to the cold winter, cool spring and wet conditions. Until they get a lot better, you basically just have to agree that everything's a two putt. Just terrible.

Response from The Golf Club at Eagle Creek on 06/15/2018:
Hello, on behalf of The Golf Club at Eagle Creek staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

No greens. None! Should have been told upfront

Embarrassed to have recommended this course to my friend

Response from The Golf Club at Eagle Creek on 05/29/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, The Golf Club at Eagle Creek, in the Moyock, North Carolina area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Overall good course

The fairways were in good shape and the greens were pretty fast.

Good value for your dollar.

Response from The Golf Club at Eagle Creek on 02/26/2018:
Thanks a lot for your review. We really appreciate customer feedback. We're pleased that you enjoyed the course layout as well as the pace and our accommodating staff. Thanks so much for choosing The Golf Club at Eagle Creek. Please remember us for your next round!

The PRICE is Right... Come'on down!!!

Played Eagle Creek a couple years ago, but had heard course had made improvements... Course was pretty wet from a few days of rain prior to our group playing, but still playable and we had a great time... Staff was very friendly and the overall course has made several improvements. Will surely make a return trip...

Great Value, and the course is in awesome shape

This course seems to have made alot of improvements over the past year. I decided to give it a try after hearing not so good things about it last year. But what a surprise! The course is in GREAT shape and the value is even better. Don't pay 60-80 at vb courses give this place a shot instead, was wide open during the week. Oh and they just got some brand new golf carts which are outstanding.

Nothing Fancy but.......

My nephew and I struggled to find a decent course near Duck for under $70. We took a chance on Eagle Creek because of the price. It took us only 45 minutes to get there. We were the first two on the course so pace of play was not an issue. The fairways and greens were in very good condition. Once, I got over the idea of the Footgolf course on the front nine, it turned out to be a nice round of golf. Nothing fancy at all about the course but we were able to play the round in 3 1/2 hours and be back in Duck for lunch! We will be back and we will be sure to grab the 8:00am tee time as well.

Elizabeth City, North Carolina