Style Links
Yellow 72 5587 yards 66.0 105
Scorecard for The Links At Cotton Valley Golf Club
Blue M: 71.5/123 451 361 172 454 562 182 321 386 419 3308 358 319 162 517 574 193 451 626 192 3392 6700
White M: 68.9/117 W: 74.7/129 416 341 124 433 533 151 300 366 383 3047 349 296 142 497 521 164 392 584 150 3095 6142
Yellow M: 66.6/114 W: 72.0/123 358 305 103 403 504 140 286 276 355 2730 336 284 118 489 487 154 372 541 150 2931 5661
Red M: 63.2/102 W: 67.3/111 302 298 96 369 449 86 257 271 293 2421 246 272 110 460 403 130 311 444 121 2497 4918

Year Built 2000
Fairways Bermuda
Greens Bent
Architect Tom Johnson (2000)

Dress code Shirts with a collar is preferred. No Cutoffs, Muscle Shirt/Tank Tops.

Great Place to get a quick round.

Make no mistake, this is not a world class course, which we play quite often, but it doesn't need to be. This course is great if you want a quick round of golf in the afternoon after the AM regulars are done. The course has a few interesting holes, but the fairways are really rough, especially the front nine, but still able to play. Greens are generally good and a bit quick. Again, not a great course but a great place to go and play without waiting behind group after group of foursomes.

PSST! Wanna Know a Secret?

January in North Carolina can bring weather of differing properties and change within a few moments. On the day of our visit to The Links at Cotton Valley there was no frost but the temperature hovered around 40 until about noon and reached 50 prior to the end of our visit. Thankfully the wind was not a factor and the sun shone beautifully.
This was my first visit to the Links and only the beginning of a lasting love affair if the renovations by Moonie Sloan (owner) continue in the fashion I witnessed. Speaking of staff, Chris Jensen and Strick Deans were on hand to welcome us and although both were quite busy with giving the pro shop a new coat of paint, took extra special care of us, making us feel as welcome as any member. (how many head pros bring you a golf cart to the parking lot?)
Our ten a.m. tee time put us first out on the course (we played all 18, how can you not play 9 if you play 18?) and we began by warming up on the driving range. The range is nice and well marked with distances and a chipping green is available along with a practice putting surface, considering the Bermuda grass is dormant and brown this time of year, you can see the potential of a very nice learning center. (although the range balls were in need of culling)
Ah, the course. This area of NC is where the "Coastal Plains" meet the "Piedmont" and you can see the changes from flat land to rolling hills all through the course. Elevation changes from tee to fairway, then long flat holes which run through the valley to raised greens in the fashion of Ross or Maples. Greens, what to say about the greens, loved them, as close to perfect as you will find this time of year with Championship Bermuda. Large greens for the most part, grain and undulations are abundant and will affect the best rolling ball; tough to read brown dormant Bermuda that has not been coated with fake paint. Consistent speed and smooth rolling throughout the course as well.
We saw deer and 'Wood Ducks" throughout the day as we negotiated our way along the ponds and streams that run through the course. I can see this becoming an Audubon Sanctuary course with the proper set up and maintenance, but then the greens fees would have to increase exponentially.
This club is one and one half hours drive from my home at the 70 MPH speed limit on four lane roads; a trip I look forward to making again and again this spring when all the foliage is in bloom and the grass has turned to the green we all love.
The "Secret" is... do not keep it a secret. Tell all your friends, bring all your golfing buddies. This club is for you!

Good for time of year

Greens were fast and well maintained. The course was challenging, yet fair for a bogie golfer.

Nice day at the Links

Really enjoyable outing. Friemdly and accomadating staff. Great experience. Loved the course

great course

hot weather but great course, keep in fairways get pars , in ruff you can bogey or worse, nice clean friendly place to play

Links at Cotton Valley

Home course. I've played golf a long time and this course is still challenging to me. Greens are large so you have to be up on your putting game. Not too many dangers but still challenging with the length of the course and the size of the greens.

Nice Find

I was in the eastern part of NC for a visit and found the deal on GolfNow. Drove 1 1/2 hours to play. Worth every minute on the road. Played with someone who had played before new owners and he said the improvements were quite notable. Challenging but not impossible for the average golfer. greens were in great shape. I did not notice any weeds and they were consistent on all holes. rough was consistent. I will definitely visit again when I am in the area

Didn't get to play

Get my tee time on golf now get to the course and the tell me we can't golf on the account that the have a golf outing going on, golf now needs to do better job of making sure you can golf there before the sell the tee time. I called customer service and they didn't offer apology or nothing, but said my money had been refunded. Was really happy with the wasted time.

Harsh winter

I went to this course last year and it was pristine. Best course in eastern NC. But now not so great, I blame it on the harsh winter we just had and hopefully the greens will be fixed soon as possible.

Nice Course

Great staff nice course. Value was great and well worth every penny. Found a Golf Now special that I could not pass up. Lots of cold weather over last month and rain the week we played so we had an idea of what to expect but course was in better shape than we thought.

good deal for $25

I purchased the $25 all you want to play deal through golf now. I played 23 holes in 3 hours.. great practice time. The course is pretty easy to get through during the week and actually has some hills which is unusual for eastern nc courses.

Course in good shape, would recommend playing

overall satisfied with course, usually not too crowded so able to have good pace of play.

Excellent!!!!

Excellent course! Staff takes great pride to maintain a clean and desirable course to play. Will definitely return for future rounds. Course was an hour away, but would definitely make the drive to play again!

out of the way, but worth it

i didn't realize how far from greenville when i booked this on golfnow, but it was worth it: quiet, bucolic, and staff was friendly.

Pinetops, North Carolina