Deer Brook Golf Club

Green (W) 72 5034 yards 69.5 123
Scorecard for Deer Brook Golf Club
Gold M: 73.7/136 425 543 152 409 417 182 396 519 415 3458 510 413 173 414 201 381 425 533 423 3473 6931
White M: 70.9/133 W: 78.0/143 355 522 133 383 390 164 351 503 378 3179 491 386 143 394 173 344 391 511 395 3228 6407
Black M: 68.4/125 W: 74.0/135 331 490 128 344 357 129 318 478 345 2920 440 354 121 355 143 300 355 475 362 2905 5825
Green M: 63.9/115 W: 69.4/121 307 400 80 311 301 103 285 433 301 2521 401 314 93 266 94 252 323 430 340 2513 5034

Year Built 1999
Architect Rick Robbins (1999) Brian Lussier (1999)

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in North Carolina (2015 #11)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Value Courses in the U.S. (2015 #15)

Sandy Greens

Deerbrook is a great and challenging layout. Longer than most courses from the regular tees and you will have several forced carries, doglegs, etc.. 17 and 18 are tough finishing holes. The greens had just been verticut and sanded which made them bumpy while putting, but they knocked a few bucks off the regular price because of it. This course is a great value in what you pay for and what you get. I think the layout is great, and in a week or so the sand will be gone and the greens will be in great shape.

Still a great course

This was really my first time getting out to Deer Brook this summer. And for the most part the course is in terrific shape. The tees and fairways were near flawless. The rough was cut and not too penal unless you get WAY off course. The greens were slower than I've ever seen them. It looks like they were punched a couple weeks ago and still aren't quiet back to 100 percent. Idk if it's that or if they aren't cutting them as low to protect the bent grass from the heat. But they usually aren't that slow here. But they still rolled pretty good. The course is a pretty stern challenge. There is plenty of room out there. But if you miss in the wrong spots it's tough to salvage a par or bogey. The course probably has the 2 hardest finishing holes around with 17 and 18. I played on a Wednesday afternoon and finished 18 holes in less than 3 hours and it's less than $30 to play. You can't beat it.

Hot, Hot, Hot

Had a great day with the boys, EXTREMELY hot day, it made for some hot scores. Getting my swing back and love playing Deer Brook.

Undercover Good

Very nice conditions in the fairways with nice bent grass greens. If this course was in Charlotte, it would be double the price. It's one of the best 5 public courses in the Charlotte area either way.

Clubhouse is a little dated but more than functional. Pace was 4:15 but I was playing as a single behind a tournament. The pro was rude to me since I booked on golfnow.com as a single. He said nothing against you, but I can't stand Golf Now and we're done with them next week. Note to pro: not my issue. Manage your own course.

All in all, though, a fun layout with great conditions. Worth a drive out. Took an hour from Fort Mill.

Fun course

Would only drive this far for a hot deal.

Very good round of Golf

This is my go to course and I play there at least once a week during the summer. I have reviewed it before, but played today, and the course was in extremely good shape. The tee boxes and fairways are in awesome condition. The greens roll very very smooth and are not as fast as they have been in the summer before. The value for the price is unbelievable. You cant beat $30 for this course in the week and even the weekend rate at $42 is still a good deal. I have paid double that price for a course that is not as good. The ONLY reason I didnt give it 5 stars is because the bunkers are not in good shape. I know I should avoid them, but I found a couple and the sand was very wet and heavy and it hasnt rained in a couple days. Also, I thought they needed for sand in them. But hey, like I said dont hit it in the sand. Otherwise, a great course for the price, that will challenge you as much as you want to be challenged, especially 17 and 18!

Straight forward

No gimmicks. Great condition, fair layout. Well worth the money. Will definitely be back.

well conditioned

Good layout, well maintained. A lot of groups backed up on the first tee, but pace was okay once we got started.

Awesome golf course

I must say that I was pleasantly surprised at how nice this course is. I would place it in the top ten among courses I have played in the southeast. I immediately started to plan a way to have another crack at it. Hopefully I can convince my Atlanta golf buddies to make the three + hour drive to enjoy this great golfing experience.

Manager

The manager behind the desk is not a fan of people who use golf now. Every time I have gone I am made to feel like they are doing me a favor for playing there. The last time I was made to wait until my exact tee time despite the course was empty. Today I made my tee time the day prior and got there non the wrong date .. My bad but the manager was not a bit concerned that I had to pay full price and only said take it up with the golf now people .

Great course conditions

This course is well maintained. If you are looking for a course that has good tee boxes, beautiful fairways, bunkers full of sand and very good greens than you have found it with this one. Front nine has nice elevation changes. Back nine has dog legs, water and pull up shots.

Very enjoyable round

We stopped here on the way to a conference in Charlotte and were very pleased. Course was in great shape, staff was very friendly, pace was great and course was very fair for a couple middle aged hacks from the white tees. Will definitely be back if I get the chance!

Windy and dry

Great layout greens can be a little unfair, but not a bad deal on golf now hot deals

Hidden Gem

Great course that is in excellent shape. This is a true hidden gem. Be careful on the greens, fast with undulations. I am looking forward to playing when the fairways green up in the spring and summer. There is no poa on the fairways so you know it is going to be great when it warms up. Pace of play was great and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Play the right set of tees, it is a good test of golf.

Best Value in the Charlotte Area

Deer Brook is in better condition and is half the price of any public course in Charlotte, worth the drive to get there. Great challenging course.

Nice Golf Course

I really like playing at Deer Brook, it's close to home and the course is always in great shape and everyone is friendly and easy to work with. They could offer Golf Now more discounts for bargin hunters. overall a great experience.

Greens very tricky , 18 and 6 are ridiculous

Played course from time for several years now. Course has always been in excellent shape every time I've played it! Cold weather or hot weather. I like the course a lot, a few of the greens are border line unfair due to the slope and speed that they hav them running . I have never played the course when the greens are slow, the course has been very consistent in the way they have maintained it over the years. I would recommend the course to anyone, but a high handy is going to find the course difficult....

Great value

Except for slow greens the course was in great shape. Very beautiful course. Sunday buffet is to die for!!

Nice!

What a nice course. I had a buddy recommend this course and we were not disappointed. New clubhouse. Huge driving range. Course was in great shape. I didn't love the layout as a lot of it was pretty straightforward and I like courses that make you move the ball. We played the tips and it was longer than most courses. Looking to play again in the next couple of weeks and its a little over an hour drive for us. Highly recommend.

Best conditioned course in WNC

Emaculate conditioned course in every way. Fairways and tee boxes were perfect. Greens very fast but true. Beware of pin position #3, as extremely challenging and resulted in several 3 putts in our group. Overall a great conditioned course and best value in Western North Carlina. Highly recommended.

Shelby, North Carolina