Mens 71 5701 yards 67.5 126
Scorecard for Eagle Ridge Golf Course
Black M: 72.3/136 386 172 440 217 451 373 540 166 591 3336 579 181 460 150 552 233 449 526 438 3568 6904
White M: 69.7/127 355 165 386 180 410 339 501 155 550 3041 528 159 437 139 527 201 401 483 415 3290 6331
Gold M: 67.4/122 W: 72.7/134 336 141 345 146 335 312 482 138 497 2732 499 133 375 120 483 180 378 461 363 2992 5724
Red M: 64.5/112 W: 69.0/121 286 111 304 111 315 229 435 118 470 2379 472 110 322 107 440 146 322 364 345 2628 5007

Year Built 2000
Greens Champion Bermuda Grass
Architect Tom Kite (2000) Bob Cupp (2000)

Good course

Good start - a bit at the finish. Nice course .
Only recommendation - Please put signs to the clubhouse after the 9 Tee. Very easy to go the wrong way and do a trip around the neighborhood..

All good

I was all good here. Pace of play ok. We completed our round in just at 4 hours for a twosome. I would play here again.

Great value

$19 on GolfNow so ... very good deal. Greens & tee-boxes were in very good shape and the fairways are probably 2-3 weeks from being equally nice. Finally ... a Fred Smith course that actually is a real golf course!

Love the course. Pace of play can be slow.

Course:
Eagle Ridge is very well maintained. Greens are bermuda and in fantastic shape with only the occasional ball mark. They aren't super fast; I would guess around 10 on the stimp. Fairways were a little firm, but it made for some long drives. The rough isn't yet very penal this time of year, but it's getting full. Bunkers have good sand and were well groomed. It's a good, challenging layout, but houses can be a bit tight to the course in some places.

Facilities:
Very nice and well stocked clubhouse with a good bar and grill. Putting green can get full quickly, but it's in good shape. Range is good with plenty of targets and decent turf and includes a bunker practice area. Several of the balls had caked on mud on them, so they could stand to clean them.

Pace of play:
This was the main drawback. My mom (it was Mother's Day) and I played as a twosome, knowing we'd eventually catch several other groups. Luckily, we caught another twosome first, and we played with them on the front. We still caught a threesome waiting for other groups on #9, and we had to wait for about 10 minutes while they teed off, severely slowing things down. Inexplicably, the twosome with us left at the turn, so it was back to just the two of us to follow the crowd. It wasn't terrible until we got to #15, which is a long par 3 and always has a huge backup. We waited on the tee for a good 10-12 minutes before teeing off. We had another 5-7 minutes wait on #17 and again on #18. There really needs to be a ranger patrolling these holes because we would have had a significant wait even as a foursome. They're simply hard holes, but they can be managed properly.

Strange Layout

First time at Eagle Ridge was not a very exciting round. I hit average tee shots and irons and found myself being penalized for good golf. To long off tees? Me?
A couple holes had very strange yardage and left no opportunity to go for greens on par 5’s.
Conditions were fare but could tell the place needs a face lift and some TLC.
Probably won’t play it again.

slow pace

The course was nice but there were a couple of problems. The fairways were rock hard and it was difficult to get under the ball. The pace of play was EXTREMLY SLOW! There was a foursome 2 groups ahead that held up play. At several points there were several groups lined up at the tee boxes. Once I saw someone drive around with a ranger flag on the cart but speed of play did not increase. The group behind us walked off of the course after 8 holes
On a couple of the holes there were hazards but nothing on the scorecard indicating that so some shots I had were blind and went into the hazard so it would have been nice to see some indication on the scorecard.
I would play it again but if the pace of play is the same, I will not come back.

Commented On 05/14/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience macook. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Commented On 05/14/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review gasperson!
We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Eagle Ridge

A challenging, but a great golf course to play on.

Well layed out and challenging.

The course plays amazingly fair. Beautiful course layout. One of the better area courses I've played.

Nice round

Course was in good shape.
Had a group in front - one lady took 7 strokes to hit the 150 marker on 1. Likely an outlier, and they allowed us to play through after the turn.
Bartender wasn't very professional; ordered a burger and asked what medium constituted. She replies, "I have no clue." Then gives me a look as if to say hurry up and order. Burger was good.
Had two clowns teeing up at us on 15, 16, 17. On 17 we gave them the subtle gfy and allowed them to play through (for one hole.) They each tripled on 17.
So aside from a few nip-picky moments, day was good and course is recommended, Nice layout, fun track.

Commented On 04/17/2019

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience despite the few things mentioned. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Rain damage

This is one of my favorite courses in the area (but I am new to the area, so i don't have a lot to compare it to yet). And it's the first time I've played there this year.
The greens and bunkers are in surprisingly good shape given the amount of rain that's fallen in the last few weeks. The fairways are still quite mucky in spots and there are tire tracks everywhere -- from the lawnmowers, I assume. Given the weather, and the need to cut the grass, I'm not sure what they could do about that, but it was more noticeable at Eagle Ridge than at any other course I've played in the last few weeks.
I assume that some dry weather and some maintenance will take care of that problem.
One note on walking: It's a challenge. Lots and lots of hills, a few long walks from green to tee, and very little has been done with walkers in mind. I noticed at least a handful of places where a small foot bridge could have saved yards and time.

Decent track, but not worth $40 in Mid-February

Given the time of year, the course was in fair condition at best. Extra growth (little crab grass tufts) on all Bermuda greens. Messy landscaping and poor attention to details keep this course from getting 5-stars. Worth $25 with cart for February golf and maybe $45 in season. My 2 cents...

Commented On 03/06/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Please come back soon and allow us to WOW you on your next visit! Until then, take care!

Nice layout

Good price for a course that is in winter conditions

Commented On 02/26/2019

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Solid Course

3rd time playing Eagle Ridge. Good value for the price. Course was still fairly wet, and as a result, cart path only which slowed things a bit.

No range balls available and no beverage cart. This happened on my previous trips as well -- really don't understand that, but seems to be the norm.

Overall, solid course with some interesting holes, especially on the back 9.

Commented On 01/17/2019

Thank you for the great feedback John! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Course is in great shape!

I’ve played many Public courses in Raleigh/Durham area this spring and Eagle Ridge is tops for fairway and green conditions. I’m a 30 handicap and found this course to be very challenging. Many narrow, tree lined shots and difficult landing areas. Course forces you to decide to layup or go for it on many holes. Played more fairway woods than any round this year. Lots of hills, blind shots, and tough lies. Greens are also quite difficult-speeds were good though. If you’re not accurate, course will punish you. That said, I want to go back to try to recover some of my dignity. Pack extra balls for this round or hunt for the dozen or so I left out there. :)

All good

Played here 10 years ago while in town for my daughter’s wedding. My son-in-law has now taken up the game, so I looked for a place to play. I had forgotten how hilly the layout is and a few of the blind shots where you can hit into trouble. I wish there were maps at the holes or on the scorecard. Conditions were good and enjoyed the round. Will play here again when back in town.

Fun Course

Great setup. Good condition. Pace of play was great. 4 stars.

Great condition & intriguing layout

Course is in stellar condition considering the time of the year and how much rain we've had. Greens were near perfect. The layout is very strategic, protected par 5s, elevations changes, tiered greens, almost every hole makes you think. I will definitely be playing here again

Commented On 01/04/2019

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. Thanks for pointing out our playing conditions – as you see they are very important to us. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We look forward to your next visit. Until then, take care!

Garner, North Carolina
Garner, North Carolina
Fuquay Varina, North Carolina
Cary, North Carolina
Holly Springs, North Carolina
Cary, North Carolina

Valid dates: Jun 18, 2019 - Aug 31, 2019
Fling and Swing! Golf Package for 2, includes 1 round of golf for 2 daily, a resort fee applies, 50 USD resort credit per night.
Sewailo Golf Club Stay & Play Hotel Package