A view of the 9th green at Eagle Ridge Golf Club (Tom Kite Design).

Eagle Ridge Golf Club

Year Built 2000
Greens Champion Bermuda Grass
Architect Tom Kite (2000) Bob Cupp (2000)

Golf during the COVID-19 Pandemic..!!!

Yes we were golfing during the great COVID-19 Pandemic.. The course was in great shape as usual. they put some foam pool noodles around the bottom of flag stick so as not to need to pull flag out to get ball.. (genius idea!!)

they had hand sanitizers in the building, put non family members in separate carts. When returned carts were washed and steering wheel, seats etc sanitized.

food was available for take out only.

all the water jugs and ball washing stations were removed.

We had a great time and appreciate the effort they went to to make sure everyone was safe and happy.

Commented on 04/08/2020

Hilly but nice

Lots of hills. Even a good tee shot may put you on the side of a hill or on a downhill lie. Great course though. Never had to hit off dirt. Carts quiet and powerful. Staff friendly. Nicely lined with beautiful homes. Staff was super nice.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Thank you for leaving 4 stars! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

Soggy

Wet conditions spoiled our round. Wish the course drained better.

Commented on 03/05/2020

Thank you for leaving 4 stars! We are sorry to hear the wet conditions spoiled your round. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit!

Commented on 03/03/2020

Wow - Thank you for the five star review joebalint! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Great course but...

It was my first time at the course. It is an awesome course and one of the more challenging courses in Raleigh. It was very busy so the pace of play was slow, but I was told by regulars that is is not always so slow.

My only complaint is that there is no drinking water available at all throughout the course. The water cooler boxes were empty with coolers at all. Also there is no ball wash apparatus anywhere.

Commented on 02/05/2020

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience on your first visit. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Course

Greens are fast with challenging undulations. Hazard and creek locations present Severn skills challenges.

Commented on 01/16/2020

First Time Playing Here

This was my first time playing here. I was impressed with the course layout and pace of play. We did come across a group of 4 who were playing crazy slow and did not seem to be familiar with the play-thru courtesy. We just skipped the hole they were playing and went to the next hole. A ranger should have pushed them along, but we didn’t see anyone performing that function. We’ll write it off to the pandemic.

Overall, we plan to go back in the near future!

Commented on 04/08/2020

Thank you for leaving 4 stars! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience during your first visit! We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

Excellent value for the money

Very nice experience and excellent value for the money. The staff was friendly and we had a good time. Would go back anytime.

Commented on 04/01/2020

Great golf course

This golf course is challenging place. if you are beginner take extra golf balls or buy extra golf balls to play. I’ll be back...

Commented on 01/02/2020

Wow - Thank you for the five star review Rsanza! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Course was in Great condition. 6300 yards from the whites felt like it played longer. Greens were is fantastic shape and rolled true.

Commented on 11/21/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review slove1020! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Overbooked, slow, challenging...

Tee times are spaced 9 minutes apart which leads to slooow rounds when most groups are foursomes. The course is nice and in good shape but the greens were shaved very close leading to extremely challenging putting. Bermuda rough was maybe a touch too high leading to annoying ball searches in open rough.

So, if your setup is difficult, maybe give each group a bit more time to finish a hole? I was a single who was told I was going off with three other players which is fine except while waiting on #1 to tee off, the three other players never showed. I was on the tee 10 minutes in advance of tee time and I watched a foursome go off 9 minutes in front and the four behind me said they were off 9 minutes after me. Ok, I figured I could just play through eventually. Then I noticed a foursome in front of the group ahead of me. Ugh! On top of that, the foursome behind me actually starts hitting into me with full knowledge that I’m playing at pace of foursome in front of me! Just rude. At turn, I had to skip ahead 3 holes to find a tiny gap on a par 3. Groups I passed were two foursomessnd a threesome. Brutal. Oh, the course has a range.

TLDR: nice course, challenging greens, very crowded with bookings gapped too tightly (9 min) leading to slow rounds. Unfortunately, I will be avoiding this course until they increase time between tees.

Commented on 11/20/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience johnnyBrand. Your satisfaction is important as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly to discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit.

Commented on 10/25/2019

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

As always, this course was in excellent condition and we had a solid round. Quick pace of play and the staff is great!

Commented on 10/25/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Poor Experience without even playing

Very disappointing experience at Eagle Ridge. We had a 3:30pm tee time and pulled-up to the first tee right on-time, only to see a 6-some of walkers in the fairway and then two additional groups waiting to tee-off. There was no starter to regulate play and no notice was given by the pro shop attendant while paying for the time. We did not even get a ball out of our bags before turning around, getting a refund and leaving to play a different Triangle-area course. The course looked nice but it was such a terrible customer-service experience that I would not know how the course played, nor do I have the desire to go back.

Commented on 10/25/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Good value

Played in 3 hours and 45 minutes on a Sunday morning. Course is in pretty good condition. Greens were very good and rolled well. It's a good value overall for a publicly available course.

NCCGA Event

Eagle Ridge hosted our NCCGA regional tournament and the feedback came back pretty positive. Would recommend going back to this course.

Thank you to Matt for helping us book this event!

Course

Course is challenging in both length and position of creeks and line of sight. There are blind shots at times.

Commented on 10/25/2019

First time playing and very impressed with Eagle Ridge. I’m new to the Raleigh area and have played 6 other courses - Eagle Ridge has been my favorite so far.
Beautiful scenery and combination of straight forward and “challenging” holes. Not too sure about the design of #10, challenging is an under-statement...... but the Club House staff warned me in advance that this isn’t a hole for the weak of heart :).

I’ll definitely return..... I suspect it will be gorgeous in the Fall.

Slow pace

This is a nice course in good condition, but the pace of play was terrible and the staff made no attempt to speed things up, just telling us that the groups ahead of us were the course regulars. Additionally, the cart girl seemed to be actively avoiding us, not slowing down or even making eye contact with us. She passed by several times to the point that it became a running joke.

Garner, North Carolina
Garner, North Carolina
Fuquay Varina, North Carolina
Cary, North Carolina
Holly Springs, North Carolina
Cary, North Carolina

Valid dates: May 10, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.