A view of the 9th green at Eagle Ridge Golf Club (Tom Kite Design).

Eagle Ridge Golf Club

Year Built 2000
Greens Champion Bermuda Grass
Architect Tom Kite (2000) Bob Cupp (2000)

Disappointed in Staff

Booked my round through GolfNow. GolfNow listed the round for $39. When I got to the course, I was told that there was a glitz in the system and it was actually $49. They would not honor the $39 price that I was quoted. Very disappointing. Other than that was pleased with the course.

Nice course, slow greens

We are Fred Smith Platinum Club Members and we play all 4 courses. Eagle Ridge is a great course, lots of hills nicely laid out. The greens were much slower than the greens at Hedingham where we typically play. They were bumpy, inconsistent hole to hole and poorly maintained compared to Hegingham.

Commented on 05/20/2020

Thank you for leaving 4 stars! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

Eagle Ridge is always a fun tract to play. They are dealing with Covid in a coherent and efficient fashion. The greens held well, putted true but not too fast. There is little differentiation of fairway and rough. The tee boxes need some love though. The practice range is very good. Overall a fun challenging round.

Commented on 05/12/2020

Who wrote these reviews lol

This place is a dump. Idk what’s worse, the ignorant little kid in the pro shop who seemed annoyed to check in a guest from Golf Now. He actually said “Hey so and so, we got a GolfNow here, tell him where he can get a cart”. The bartender was an absolute disgrace. Was taking forever to ring up two sodas so i asked for leave my cc and id pick it up after the round and she said no she won’t be responsible and it’s not her fault it won’t read my chip. Meanwhile a group of 5 (yes 5) jumped me on the 10th tee box and the back 9 took 3 hours on a slow rainy day. But the course it self.... seriously? 4 and 5 stars? Are you kidding. Fairways are shot. Holes are boring. Looks like a below average municipal course. Houses way too close to the cart path. A couple nice par 3a and the 17th and 18th are nice to finish. But seriously I’ll never go off GolfNow reviews again I’ll have to do some self researching. I drove an hour and a half to play that dump. It’s. $12 course. At best. Trust me. I’m not a hater. I don’t like leaving negative reviews. But from the minute i walked in to the minute i left i just had an uneasy feeling and every hole from the tee box was just like “oh one of these again”. Save your money. Seriously. And the kid running the check in’s, you’re in the customer service business buddy. Service your customers. Get off Instagram. Was never told pin placement, cart path rules, or even where to find a scorecard or directed to the first hole. I have no regret leaving this review they deserve every bit of business they lose because of it.

Commented on 05/04/2020

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

Great Value. Great time.

Fantastic Course! The undulating fairways were a treat and the greens were rolling at about a 10-11 which made this round a lot of fun. The tee boxes were a little rough but totally understandable for this time of year. I would highly recommend and will definitely be back!

Commented on 04/20/2020

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Golf during the COVID-19 Pandemic..!!!

Yes we were golfing during the great COVID-19 Pandemic.. The course was in great shape as usual. they put some foam pool noodles around the bottom of flag stick so as not to need to pull flag out to get ball.. (genius idea!!)

they had hand sanitizers in the building, put non family members in separate carts. When returned carts were washed and steering wheel, seats etc sanitized.

food was available for take out only.

all the water jugs and ball washing stations were removed.

We had a great time and appreciate the effort they went to to make sure everyone was safe and happy.

Commented on 04/08/2020

Hilly but nice

Lots of hills. Even a good tee shot may put you on the side of a hill or on a downhill lie. Great course though. Never had to hit off dirt. Carts quiet and powerful. Staff friendly. Nicely lined with beautiful homes. Staff was super nice.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Soggy

Wet conditions spoiled our round. Wish the course drained better.

Commented on 03/05/2020

Thank you for leaving 4 stars! We are sorry to hear the wet conditions spoiled your round. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit!

Commented on 03/03/2020

Wow - Thank you for the five star review joebalint! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Great course but...

It was my first time at the course. It is an awesome course and one of the more challenging courses in Raleigh. It was very busy so the pace of play was slow, but I was told by regulars that is is not always so slow.

My only complaint is that there is no drinking water available at all throughout the course. The water cooler boxes were empty with coolers at all. Also there is no ball wash apparatus anywhere.

Commented on 02/05/2020

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience on your first visit. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Course

Greens are fast with challenging undulations. Hazard and creek locations present Severn skills challenges.

Commented on 01/16/2020

Fun

Played eagle ridge for my first time and was overly satisfied. The price was extremely fair considering the popularity of tee times with the recent circumstances of corona virus. Course was in good shape from greens to fairways. considering how over played most courses are now, eagle ridge has held up as good as any I’ve played recently. Not a terribly difficult course but I did play with guys who knew the course well, so that was a huge help. Pace of play was great and course is in good shape

Commented on 05/20/2020

Great people

Staff was great, facility was sanitized, and other golfers quite friendly.

Commented on 05/04/2020

Practice Social Distancing!

Having your bar open with people sitting at it right next to each other is not acceptable. I want golf to remain a safe activity but it will be stopped if we do not follow the rules. Close the bar or only serve take out.

Commented on 04/20/2020

First Time Playing Here

This was my first time playing here. I was impressed with the course layout and pace of play. We did come across a group of 4 who were playing crazy slow and did not seem to be familiar with the play-thru courtesy. We just skipped the hole they were playing and went to the next hole. A ranger should have pushed them along, but we didn’t see anyone performing that function. We’ll write it off to the pandemic.

Overall, we plan to go back in the near future!

Commented on 04/08/2020

Thank you for leaving 4 stars! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience during your first visit! We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

Excellent value for the money

Very nice experience and excellent value for the money. The staff was friendly and we had a good time. Would go back anytime.

Commented on 04/01/2020

Great golf course

This golf course is challenging place. if you are beginner take extra golf balls or buy extra golf balls to play. I’ll be back...

Commented on 01/02/2020

Wow - Thank you for the five star review Rsanza! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Course was in Great condition. 6300 yards from the whites felt like it played longer. Greens were is fantastic shape and rolled true.

Commented on 11/21/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review slove1020! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Overbooked, slow, challenging...

Tee times are spaced 9 minutes apart which leads to slooow rounds when most groups are foursomes. The course is nice and in good shape but the greens were shaved very close leading to extremely challenging putting. Bermuda rough was maybe a touch too high leading to annoying ball searches in open rough.

So, if your setup is difficult, maybe give each group a bit more time to finish a hole? I was a single who was told I was going off with three other players which is fine except while waiting on #1 to tee off, the three other players never showed. I was on the tee 10 minutes in advance of tee time and I watched a foursome go off 9 minutes in front and the four behind me said they were off 9 minutes after me. Ok, I figured I could just play through eventually. Then I noticed a foursome in front of the group ahead of me. Ugh! On top of that, the foursome behind me actually starts hitting into me with full knowledge that I’m playing at pace of foursome in front of me! Just rude. At turn, I had to skip ahead 3 holes to find a tiny gap on a par 3. Groups I passed were two foursomessnd a threesome. Brutal. Oh, the course has a range.

TLDR: nice course, challenging greens, very crowded with bookings gapped too tightly (9 min) leading to slow rounds. Unfortunately, I will be avoiding this course until they increase time between tees.

Commented on 11/20/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience johnnyBrand. Your satisfaction is important as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly to discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit.

Garner, North Carolina