Eagle Ridge Golf Club

Year Built 2000
Greens Champion Bermuda Grass
Architect Tom Kite (2000) Bob Cupp (2000)

As always, this course was in excellent condition and we had a solid round. Quick pace of play and the staff is great!

Poor Experience without even playing

Very disappointing experience at Eagle Ridge. We had a 3:30pm tee time and pulled-up to the first tee right on-time, only to see a 6-some of walkers in the fairway and then two additional groups waiting to tee-off. There was no starter to regulate play and no notice was given by the pro shop attendant while paying for the time. We did not even get a ball out of our bags before turning around, getting a refund and leaving to play a different Triangle-area course. The course looked nice but it was such a terrible customer-service experience that I would not know how the course played, nor do I have the desire to go back.

Good value

Played in 3 hours and 45 minutes on a Sunday morning. Course is in pretty good condition. Greens were very good and rolled well. It's a good value overall for a publicly available course.

Course

Course is challenging in both length and position of creeks and line of sight. There are blind shots at times.

First time playing and very impressed with Eagle Ridge. I’m new to the Raleigh area and have played 6 other courses - Eagle Ridge has been my favorite so far.
Beautiful scenery and combination of straight forward and “challenging” holes. Not too sure about the design of #10, challenging is an under-statement...... but the Club House staff warned me in advance that this isn’t a hole for the weak of heart :).

I’ll definitely return..... I suspect it will be gorgeous in the Fall.

Slow pace

This is a nice course in good condition, but the pace of play was terrible and the staff made no attempt to speed things up, just telling us that the groups ahead of us were the course regulars. Additionally, the cart girl seemed to be actively avoiding us, not slowing down or even making eye contact with us. She passed by several times to the point that it became a running joke.

Hidden Gem

1st time playing this course, and it certainly will not be the last. The 1st hole is a very "par-able" par 4. There are a number of holes that have blind shots, which did hurt since we did not know the course layout all that well. There was plenty of water and tall grass to lose your ball in, if you miss-hit. A good amount of elevation changes in holes. There are a couple of holes that have fairways that literally run along the side of the greens. This certainly would come in handy for novice players. I will return to play this course again.

Course was in really good condition and the staff was very friendly. Pace of play was very slow as foursomes would not let a twosome playthrough the whole back 9

Hot Tuesday

Course was in good condition. Course is good value for the money. Walking into the clubhouse it smelled very musty. Bathroom and locker room could be cleaner. I would go back to the course.

Commented on 08/08/2019

Thank you for your review, u599648824. We will work to improve any cleanliness issues and pass along your positive experience to our team at Eagle Ridge Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Nice variety in hole layouts.

I live in Florida and part time in Cary, NC. Eagle Ridge has a flat layout like in Fl..
if your looking for a pretty flat course that is always in good condition I recommend it.
It is my course of choice in the Raleigh area.

Cool

Course in fantastic condition, lots of hills and slopes, definitely unique.

Commented on 08/08/2019

Hi u516538593. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Eagle Ridge Golf Club!

Fun neighborhood course!

1st time playing here and we had a good time! Greens had been punched/sanded earlier in summer and were a little slow but this is definitely a fun track to play!

Commented on 08/08/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Eagle Ridge Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 08/08/2019

Hello, ydh1053. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Great course!

This was a really nice course. WE we’re out on time and the pace of play was really quick. Fairways were in excellent condition. Greens still had some sand on them from when they Aerated but still a great course

Greens are under aeration

There is no starter or ranger on the course - ever! Be prepared for a 5+ hour full round. Reading some reviews prior to playing the course - there was mentioned of greens being aerated. That was like a month ago! The greens haven’t recovered. Don’t even bother putting once you reach the green. Courses should offer either a discount or disclose info about greens not being in top shape! We are in the middle of July ! Won’t be returning for a while!

Commented on 08/08/2019

Hello, sgarcia33. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Cart path only

Cart path only but fairways were completely dry. Big heavy maintenance equipment followed us on many holes yet we were not allowed golf carts on fairway?? Made for a tough day for one of our players with bad knees

Good course

Good start - a bit at the finish. Nice course .
Only recommendation - Please put signs to the clubhouse after the 9 Tee. Very easy to go the wrong way and do a trip around the neighborhood..

All good

I was all good here. Pace of play ok. We completed our round in just at 4 hours for a twosome. I would play here again.

Great value

$19 on GolfNow so ... very good deal. Greens & tee-boxes were in very good shape and the fairways are probably 2-3 weeks from being equally nice. Finally ... a Fred Smith course that actually is a real golf course!

Garner, North Carolina