Mens 71 5701 yards 67.5 126
Scorecard for Eagle Ridge Golf Course
Black M: 72.3/136 386 172 440 217 451 373 540 166 591 3336 579 181 460 150 552 233 449 526 438 3568 6904
White M: 69.7/127 355 165 386 180 410 339 501 155 550 3041 528 159 437 139 527 201 401 483 415 3290 6331
Gold M: 67.4/122 W: 72.7/134 336 141 345 146 335 312 482 138 497 2732 499 133 375 120 483 180 378 461 363 2992 5724
Red M: 64.5/112 W: 69.0/121 286 111 304 111 315 229 435 118 470 2379 472 110 322 107 440 146 322 364 345 2628 5007

Year Built 2000
Greens Champion Bermuda Grass
Architect Tom Kite (2000) Bob Cupp (2000)

Commented On 11/05/2018

Thank you for the great feedback Mmacafee! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience at #EagleRidgeGolfClub. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Commented On 11/05/2018

Wow - Thank you for the five star review gcarlmiller! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience #EagleRidgeGolfClub. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

course is back to nice one

when I played last year here, fairways and greens were not that good but they came back very nice as used to be. I am glad they keep course well.

Commented On 11/05/2018

Thank you for the great feedback albatross89! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience at #EagleRidgeGolfClub. Thanks for pointing out our playing conditions – as you see they are very important to us. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Eagle Ridge

Course was in great shape, fairways were excellent and the greens were fun and challenging. Definitely will go back.

Commented On 11/05/2018

Wow - Thank you for the five star review u5716965! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations at #EagleRidgeGolfClub. Our playing conditions are very important to us and we are glad you enjoyed them. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Great Course, period!

I am not sure how there can be any negative reviews of this course. Excellent condition from start to finish. Great design, well maintained. In most states, it would be considered a country club. Ignore any negative reviews, they must have been lost.

Commented On 11/05/2018

Wow - Thank you for the five star review Twiceloved! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations at #EagleRidgeGolfClub. Our playing conditions are very important to us and we are glad you enjoyed them. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Easy going Golf

The second time we played. From the white tees it is over 6300 yards and some holes are very challenging. The course was in great shape and the staff is very friendly and easy going. Driving range offers everything you need including an area to practice pitch shots. Great value for the money,

Commented On 11/05/2018

Thank you for the great feedback MLothert! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience at #EagleRidgeGolfClub. Thanks for pointing out our playing conditions – as you see they are very important to us. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Good tract!

Great layout and course was in good shape after recovering from recent (several weeks prior) aeration.

Good to have rediscovered this course again

Haven’t played Eagles Ridge in a while, more like 7-8 years. Like the layout. Conditions were pretty good even as the greens were recovering from aeration.

Good layout, but rough condition.

Eagle Ridge is a good course with quite a bit of potential. The course was in pretty rough shape, but given the heat and lack of rain, not much they can really do. The greens were punched about a month prior to our round, but they were still noticeably in tough shape. Again, not much they can do with the current weather.

Staff was very friendly, including both the pro-shop and bar/restaurant area.

Range was in very bad shape -- no grass and pretty much 1 out of every 3 range balls was cut or almost in two pieces. No beverage cart which was regrettable since it was so hot. Also, no ranger which caused play to be quite slow. In fact, our twosome joined with a threesome in front on hole #13 and still had to wait pretty much on every shot.

Overall, it is a good course whose condition is suffering like many other courses. That said, there are things in their control which can be improved to enhance the round.

Green Hill Zone

If you understood that reference, then I don't need to say anything else. The course is very undulated, with rolling hills and elevation changes that make distance control very important. The fairways play about average width and the greens are approachable with the right club. Greens are firm and can hold shots so long as you come down at the right angle, as they have some zip to them. Some longer Par 3s can have you reaching for a hybrid or fairway wood, and placement of hazards on Par 5s make you second guess pulling driver. The pace was slower than I am used to, only because landing behind short ball players can have you waiting for a bit, which we did for about 15 minutes total. Definitely will play again though.

Quirky but fun

I loved this golf course, but I can see how purists would object to a few things on the back nine. First, there are three par 3s and three par 5s, which feels a little weird. And the 10th hole is a peculiar par 5 that, unless you're a consistently long and accurate driver, forces you to play two iron shots and a wedge to get to the green. Personally I like quirks, so I liked those holes. The course was in great shape and is truly beautiful -- some really majestic views, many of them of the hills you have either just climbed or are about to. Lots and lots of hills. Fortunately, for the most part the landing areas have room for error, which this high-handicapper appreciates. Bunkers are nicely sculpted and well maintained. Greens were punched, I would guess, a couple of weeks ago. They hadn't quite recovered but should be fine in days. They rolled well but were somewhat slow. Pace of play was terrific, but that may have been because the heat kept the number of people on course down. All in all, a great experience. I'm looking forward to going back.

Great layout

I have played about 6 other courses in the Raleigh area and find this to be the best course for the money.

Hidden Gem

We played Mid Pines, Tobacco Road, Talamore, and this one, and I liked the layout of this one second best (TR).

Greens had just been aerated, and had some other condition issues. They need to bring someone in and spend a few 100k on them. Cuz if they do, they have a championship quality course on their hands.

After the short courses in the Southern Hills, it was a pleasure to see a 200 yard par 3, and several 400 yard par 4s (from the whites).. The par 5s had the perfect mix of risk/reward. One was target golf, which you never see outside of desert courses.

Maybe 2 or 3 flat holes on the course. Would love to play it in its full glory.

Would definitely play again

We played Eagle Ridge when it first opened and didn't like it at all. We decided to give it another try and I have to say the course is excellent for a public course. Newer golf carts, nice bar/restaurant, fairways in great condition. Unfortunately, the greens had recently been aerated (wish I'd have known) so the putting was difficult. But got a very good hot deal through Golf Now, so for $36, I was satisfied. Would definitely play this course again. All courses in this area are suffering due to lack of rain and heat, even private courses, so I wouldn't complain about some bare spots on the greens and fairways.

I just wish golf now would have told us that they punched and sanded the greens prior to purchase.

They have improved the greens!!

Fun course, some challengo shots, some wide open fairways, and they have made huge progress with the greens, definitely going back!!

Raleigh, North Carolina