Eagle Ridge Golf Club

Eagle Ridge Golf Club
Mens 71 5701 yards 67.5 126
Scorecard for Eagle Ridge Golf Course
Black M: 72.3/136 386 172 440 217 451 373 540 166 591 3336 579 181 460 150 552 233 449 526 438 3568 6904
White M: 69.7/127 355 165 386 180 410 339 501 155 550 3041 528 159 437 139 527 201 401 483 415 3290 6331
Gold M: 67.4/122 W: 72.7/134 336 141 345 146 335 312 482 138 497 2732 499 133 375 120 483 180 378 461 363 2992 5724
Red M: 64.5/112 W: 69.0/121 286 111 304 111 315 229 435 118 470 2379 472 110 322 107 440 146 322 364 345 2628 5007

Year Built 2000
Greens Champion Bermuda Grass
Architect Tom Kite (2000) Bob Cupp (2000)

Awful

Atrocious in every area. When a golf round takes 5+ hrs, something needs to be done. The staff couldn't have cared less. They just collected their $.

good shape for nc in august

This course was in good shape for august in nc. Greens were a little bumpy but if golfers would just fix their own ball marks that would help all courses fix two or three a hole and I only made one per hole

Good Course

This is a quality golf course in the Raleigh area. if you are looking for a new golf course to play, make teh journey to Eagle Ridge, I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you are on the course.

Very good condition

Bent greens a bit slow and slightly bumpy, otherwise all was very good.

$13 was not worth it

I was at first excited to book this course at $13 for a round considering that full price would be around $45 or $50. When I got to the course I was informed that the back nine was closed, but no notification had been added to the golfnow tee time. That was disappointing but I played the front nine twice anyway at the price I was given. The fairways needed a lot of work and the course was marked cart path only even though the course was not wet. To top it all off, at the turn, I was denied the chance to buy even a bottle of water at the pro shop. The unhelpful staff merely stated that their bar and grill was closed and was a "separate entity", so no beverages could be sold. It was 85 degrees outside, offered nothing, and were in no way apologetic. This used to be a great course, but I would be hard pressed to go back.

Not at its best

I can now see why I have not played Eagle Ridge in close to 2 years. This course used to be one of my favorites, but I guess since changing ownership (now part of the Fred Smith group of courses), it is not what it once was. This round was extremely disappointing, as holes 1-9 were closed and they advised that I needed to play holes 10-18 twice, which is not what I was looking for. When I asked to get a rain check for 9 holes since I was not interested in replaying the back 9, I was dismissed and told to follow-up with GolfNow to make it right. Given the conditions of holes 10-18, they should have been closed also...I will not be returning to Eagle Ridge anytime soon, and will probably be another 2+yrs before I return. Definitely would not pay more than $20 to play this course.

Overall a good course with a few challenging, memorable holes

Have played this course many times and enjoy it typically. Sometimes it can get backed up as the clubhouse over books but overall a good value.

A challenging course where accuracy is more important than length.

Course is in excellent condition with not over fast but very true greens. You need to hit it pretty straight on most holes though several fairways are quite wide. Good positioning opens up several birdie chances especially at five, six, and ten whereas nine is a very challenging par five over a deep ravine. Eighteen will challenge the best with a long accurate drive needed with water on the left , leaving a long iron or fairway wood to reach this excellent par four. The staff are polite and welcoming and there is good provision for food and drink.

Challenging, but fair golf holes

Pros: -Beautiful setting -Lots of risk / reward shot options, blind landing areas -Great putting surfaces Cons: -Slow pace of play -Crab grass in tee boxes and fairways -Took over 10 mins to get a hot dog!

Horrible experience

I would love to give this course a negative score. First time coming to the course and it is the hardest place to find. No signs telling you which way to go in a subdivision to get to the clubhouse. We established 12 tee times, the guy set us up at the wrong course to start with. We had a big group and we were all paying and they wanted to limit us. The course is horrible at best. I would rather play at a minigolf than this. Service was horrible. No body coming around offering drinks. The course is in rough shape and isn't taken care of. STAY AWAY. Go spend your money somewhere else.

Good shape need some work on greens.

It had been raining for a few days and the course played long due to wetness. Drainage was excellent very little standing water. Greens seemed hard and very slow to putt on. Overall had a great round of golf.

Paid $19 to play, great deal.

Not a tradition course set up, 3 par 5's and 3 par 3's on the back nine. The fairways are wide but you will have very few flat lies. It was a fun course.

Nice Course

i enjoyed this course. the landscape was uneven; sometimes easy and others challenging. greens were in good shape... as were the tee boxes. i can see this course being amazing in the upcoming months once the grass greens up.

very interesting layout. fiar but challenging.

Beautiful rolling hills design with water brought into play on many holes. The back nine has many blind shots. Excellent place to test your game.

Good course for the money

Great course to improve ones game. Wide fairways and limited hazards. Staff was far from polite, but cost negated unpleasant experience. Overall enjoyable golf club.

Great course under the right conditions

Have played here several times in past but first time out there in a few years last week. Nothing has changed as far as layout, good course, good challenge. As far as my review regarding course conditions, there are definitely some drainage issues, I know it's been wet winter and it had actually rained just before we went out but this course is nice enough that they need to address standing water issues in fairways, if there is standing water in the short grass, unless there's a flood, it should be addressed. Greens had literally I think just been aerated, something not mentioned on golfnow.com....would it really be that tough to have an icon that mentions that?.......also something neglected to mention in pro shop. Isn't that kinda standard operating procedure....."hey guys, we just aerated....? While I'm griping, the on course bathrooms are nasty, nasty, nasty. Like I mentioned, it had just finished raining when we started, there was nobody in front of us, so nobody just made them that way, going to have a bar and restaurant on the premises, need to clean all the bathrooms that are associated with the course. I know guys are bad aims after a few beers, but those things were worsethan portapottys at a concert, enough said. I hate ripping them like this because all that stuff is such easy fix, seems like someone would step it up. I mentioned the layout being great and it is but Eagle Ridge should make better effort to put forth a finished product all the time and not just Sat morning, if indeed it's better than. Perhaps I'll find out in a few years but no reason to rush back at this point.

Challenging but fun

A very pretty course, with a good mix of challenging shots and confidence-boosters. Very well maintained, though the green speed was pretty variable in my opinion.

this course is good to play

fair ways are good greens roll well course is maintained good nice to play

Course is outstanding for condition and value.

Highly recommended. A challenging layout with some short holes and long holes. Very quiet setting and fantastic staff. No Marshalls out on course pushing you around. Greens are in great condition always. Carts are up to date and engine is quiet. Snack Bar has all the fixings and set over the 18th hole. Had a great time every time I played there.

Great value for GolfNow deal @ $25 for 18

Second 9 plays slow with several par 5 holes, almost 5 hours for 18. Moisture on greens was inconsistent but pin placement compensated. Fairways and 2nd cut well maintained. Several aesthetically pleasing holes. We had an enjoyable round overall.

Raleigh, North Carolina