A view of a green at Carolina Lakes Golf Club

Carolina Lakes Golf Club

Year Built 2006
Architect Timothy Freeland (2006)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Denim, sweat pants, warm-up pants, t-shirts, tank tops, cut-offs, bathing suits, and tube tops are not permitted

Banquet Facilities

Greens in bad shape

The course was generally good but the greens were terrible. Significant repair needs to be done. It was a beautiful September afternoon for us. They were busy so we were tole to start on number 10. That was a disaster. The players making the turn were less than accepting and there was no one from the course to help smooth things over. This course is in a retirement community, the members were not not displaying any southern hospitality...

WHY US ?

Very nice course but the starter is very rude talk at you like he better. if an group tee off 10 minute early. marshal could have stop us any time so the groups behind us could caught up . But to make us late 45 minute so they can catch up is RUDE . Three to four holes ahead not in anybody way . You still kept talking down to us like we should n't be out in , Just because you tee off early you have to wait I hope he was having a bad day We paid like everyone else so because were black we should be treated the same as the rest of the people on the course.

YOU NEED TO BE PUNISH REALLY

Played there many time before. Got there early payed cashier said we could go to number tee box starter would be there. We went to the tee box no starter it was 6:55 15 minute early we waited still no started so we tee off. We played 8 holes in 1 1/2 hour. a marshal stop us on 8th and said we tee off to early and once we got to the turn there going to make us wait on the tenth hole. So heading to the tenth the started said we need to be punish for teeing off early so we have to wait and let to four some go in front of us before we can finish are round my golf partner kept asking why we didn't go anything any other group would do. 70 old white said we need to be punish for tee off early really why because were black what well the course is in bad shape green edges are burnt up all over the front not won't 61.00$ with aeration. not worth your money

Greens not good

course was in good shape, other than the greens. Punched 9 days ago, but they haven't healed at all. Super soft, ball marks everywhere. Should be two putt max.

Greens in terrible shape, not worth playing.

I last played this course in early summer before the fairways were growing. They were firm and fast on the mostly dormant bermuda, but the greens were in good shape. I know that bent grass is hard to maintain in the summer, but I played Sunday and they were absolutely awful.
This course is currently not worth the $60-$79.00 rates they are charging. Most of the greens were covered in dead spots, probably ranging from 25-40% of the total surface. Others even had crabgrass starting to grow on them. Aeration is planned this week, but these greens almost seem lost. I don't see myself returning until the conditions are improved. When I pay a somewhat premium price to play a public course and show up and find dead greens, that's a real bummer. I wish I'd have read the recent reviews on here before playing. Every time I've played here in the past, the course has been in good shape and very well kept. I have no idea what's going on right now. Crabgrass and dead spots? I'd pay $30 for 18, that's the shape the course is in right now.

Greens - unplayable

My wife and I played our first and last round until the greens are replaced. It is a shame the greens are in their current condition because the layout is not bad. The greens have so much poa and disease that you can not putt them. In addition, there are so many ball marks on them that they a scarred beyond belief. They also schedule tee times so close to each other that it is like a heard of cattle out there. I would save your money and play elsewhere.

Greens were in bad shape

Love the layout, course was nice, greens were in rough shape for the money.

Decent course. Greens are slow and need some work.

Beautiful Course

Beautiful course. Love the layout. Greens aren’t in good condition though. Everything else was great.

Carolina lakes

Usually a favorite of mine great layout but the greens are shot and way overpriced for conditions it’s a shame They used to have very nice greens.

Greens Issue

Really tough sledding on bad greens. The rate must’ve been lowered because they realize the issue. Normally a very fun track in good condition.

Green terrible

Covered in crab grass and unfixed divots everywhere. Worst I’ve seen it this year.

Stay Away

I've played this course 5-6 times over the years and it's steadily gone downhill. Most recently was truly the worst golf experience i've had in 15 years of playing the game. Tee times stacked 5 minutes apart left us showing up and waiting for 30 minutes past our original tee time. There is zero organization regarding who gets a cart so good luck tracking down the "supervisor" who walks around silently instead of trying to coordinate the groups. Complete cluster. Greens were 3/10 and for $68 dollars that's unacceptable . Save your $68 and play literally any other course within 30 miles of this one- there are dozens of better options in the CLT/SC area

Let me start by saying that I have played this course many time over “quarantine”. For the most part I have enjoyed my experience here.

I’m not sure if this is a one off instance but 2 friends and I had a tee time for Sunday night at 5:00p. According to the starter they booked tee times every 5 minutes for the evening and didn’t have any carts when we arrived and up to 5 minutes after our tee time. We literally played 9 holes in 3 hours because of the pace and overcrowding, yet we were charged the full 18 rate. I called the pro shop who had closed and a cart attendant came out to try to improve the pace, but there were way too many people on the course.

This was honestly a VERY poor experience for us and I felt robbed out of the other 9 holes of money. I haven’t had an experience like this before here but it is difficult to look past this.

Greens are pretty poor and slow, divots are craters. Tee boxes are getting rough. Fairways are really good.

Great layout

Course was in good conditional overall. Greens were a bit shaggy and slow. Need to get a beverage cart out on the course especially when it is 95 degrees.

Way too expensive for course condition

I like the course and have played many times, but $75 for a course with greens in the current condition will keep me away for some time.

There are many other courses In the vicinity in much better shape and much cheaper.

Until course conditions improve, most notably the greens, it’s not worth more than $50.

Hopefully they will get the course back in shape soon, because I like the layout.

fun course

nice course, first time playing it, me and my coworkers had a good time. but it seemed that no one fixes there ball marks on the greens, they all had hundreds of unrepaired marks, not what I would expect from a semi-private track...

Marvin, North Carolina