Maple Meadows Golf Club - West Eighteen

Maple Meadows Golf Club
Silver 70 5632 yards 66.4 113
Silver (W) 71 5632 yards 71.8 120
Scorecard for West 18
Blue M: 71.1/127 515 132 343 401 155 454 405 529 180 3114 400 553 420 185 340 468 211 407 340 3324 6438
White M: 69.4/123 495 120 328 387 124 430 394 511 165 2954 380 530 404 157 322 438 175 387 310 3103 6057
Silver M: 67.0/117 W: 72.2/124 424 89 304 377 108 416 360 465 133 2676 355 456 374 150 297 422 121 377 300 2852 5528
Red W: 70.8/121 420 89 289 346 93 379 348 451 133 2548 340 442 355 143 292 394 108 357 280 2711 5259

Year Built 1991

19th Hole Specials 3

Good course

Despite the dry hot weather we have had in the area the fiarways are in great shape, greens were running true and sand was playable when in. The rough is easy to hit from. Pace was average finished round in 4 1/2 hours
Course Layout Good

Course drained good after heavy rain night before..greens in great shape.

Great Course!

I was amazed at what kind of course we were able to play for what we paid. I kept hearing about their sister course The Preserve at Oak Meadows that was just redesigned but wasn’t willing to pay the money just yet so I decided to play Maple Meadows for the price. I was thoroughly impressed with the layout, greens, tee boxes, fairways and most of all the quality of the sand in their traps (I was in a lot of them and they have a ton guarding landing zones and greens). We teed off at 6:50am and we’re done by 9:50am just before and outing went off. I highly recommend to play it and will most likely play it again.
Off-course amenities Excellent

An unexpected gem

Was looking for a new course to play on a beautiful Friday afternoon and found a HotDeal with a bonus 25% discount. Not knowing what to expect, I was pleasantly surprised with the layout, conditions and the beauty of the course. It's mostly a links style course with generous landing areas and a couple of tree lined holes, but the holes are challenging and vary in length and layout. We had a heavy rain the day before and there were a few areas of casual water and the greens were a little slow, but no cart restrictions. The only negatives were that the bunkers were unplayable and having to wait to tee off on most of the holes, but we still finished in 4 1/2 hrs. As an added bonus, the course has $3 PRR's and $3.50 J'ville brats! I'd definitely play again, but also want to try the upscale sister course, Oak Meadows, across the street which has the driving range (which is pricey at $7 for a small bucket of 20 balls).
Pace of Play Average

Great Course, Not So Great Staff

The course itself is well worth the $49 price person that we paid. Not our first time either. For average golfers like myself, the course is very challenging with either water, sand or high rough on nearly every hole. Most of the holes also feature very narrow fairways. My lone gripe is the staff at this establishment. The gentleman in the pro shop was extremely nice and welcoming. Once you reach the starter, however, it all goes downhill from there. I’m sorry to say it, but this guy was just miserable. If he cared half as much about being friendly as he does about inspecting your golf carts, it would really be fantastic. No, we did not have alcohol, but I truly felt like I was watching a CSI detective inspect my cart. Throughout our round, we saw at least 2-3 rangers which is well appreciated to enforce pace of play. Again, would it kill these guys to say “hello” or “how are you gentlemen doing today?” I literally was standing within two feet from one of the rangers as I grabbed water from one of the coolers and was shocked to see that he refused to acknowledge my presence. Lastly, we ate at the golf course after our round for lunch with a group of five. Looked more like a banquet room with tables, rather than a typical golf course bar / restaurant, but the food was good and very much met our expectations for the price paid. Both girls working were friendly and the short-haired bartender really knew a lot about the beers offered. It’s a shame the on-course male staff members (cart girls were friendly) are so miserable, as this course is truly top notch. Service is clearly not a priority on the course, but when thousands of golfers are searching golfnow for their tee times and see 30 courses offering the same rate, something as simple as service DOES make a difference when choosing a course to play. I can only imagine how difficult these cranky, set in their ways old timers are to manage for the people in charge behind the scenes. The truth of the matter, unfortunately, is that most average golfers would prefer to play a round at a “less nice” course that has a warm, welcoming and friendly staff on the course.
Staff Friendliness Poor

Nice public slow pace

Normally a very nice course to play with a good pace but on this occasion was very slow nearly 5 hours
Pace of Play Fair