Style Links

Year Built 2002
Architect Bob Lohmann (2002)

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard and Discover

Better Value than Eagle Ridge

Tee Time: 1:50 on a Saturday ($35). I traveled to the Eagle Ridge/ Galena area for Labor Day in hopes to play some reasonably-priced golf and enjoy the extended weekend. After surveying all the courses in the area (i.e., Eagle Ridge, Galena, Lacoma), we settled on Woodbine Bend. I can say with a satisfied feeling that we made the right choice.

Woodbine Bend is a 18-hole beauty built on rolling farmland. There is wild grass to the left and right of a majority of the fairways so it's best to be accurate here. A lot of blind shots from the tee boxes (be careful, there's a creek on the 18th hole). Not many bunkers, but I'm sure one or two of them will come into play. The greens are fairly quick.

Overall, I was very pleased with my experience at Woodbine Bend. It was well worth the 20+ minute drive and definitely beats paying $75+ at the Eagle Ridge courses. If you're in the area, I would suggest giving it a go.

A Must Play

Reading the other reviews for this course, I had the same experience. Driving up to Eagle Ridge you can see this course. We finally tried it 2 years ago and will not be making the trip to Eagle Ridge again. We do a yearly guys trip up to Lanark and this course is now a staple on the trip. I like the non traditional tree lined courses and prefer these type of links courses. Everything about this place is excellent, Course conditions, staff and location right off 20. Rates are very reasonable. We will be playing it again this yean in a couple weeks for our 3rd time. Only thing I ask for is better weather. Last two rounds have been a bit rainy but it adds to the effect of playing over in Ireland.. Would love to play it in Sunshine at least once.

Hidden Gem near Galena Eagle Ridge

We were visiting Galena for the first time and staying at the Eagle Ridge resort. Went to Woodbine to play a cheaper option before dropping $100+ at the Eagle Ridge course. Ended up coming back here 3 days in a row and skipping out on the Eagle Ridge courses altogether! This is a great alternative if you are looking to play a great course at a great price. $20 to walk, and we got around in less than 4 hours each day. I'll miss this course. Links style on former farmland, but there is a good amount of elevation change and rolling terrain.

Very Well Maintained

I have passed this course several time on the way to Eagle Ridge. I always admired how well manicured this course looked. I was not disappoined, the course was in excellent shape, the greens were challanging. The rolling hills of the farmland surrounding this course made it very scenic. Hidden gem if you like links style courses.

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.