Pines at Woodmont Country Club

This golf course is closed for business. Not true? Let us know.
Looking for other options nearby?

Clubs: No

Green (W) 72 5097 yards 69.8 118

Editor's Note: The Pines Course at Woodmont Country Club is closed for business.

The Pines is one of two championship golf courses at Woodmont Country Club in Tamarac. It and the Cypress Course share a gently rolling landscape that is sprinkled with mature trees, which frame the views from the elevated tees. While they share the same terrain, the courses offer very different challenges. The lengthier Cypress requires both distance and accuracy while the Pines Course will get you thinking. It is a shot maker's course that will test a variety of skills. Course management is key as is a well thought out strategy for every hole. The layout features undulating greens and tree-lined fairways that also place a premium on accurate shot placement. In addition to the golf courses, Woodmont C.C. also has a driving range and two putting greens for golfers to use.

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for locals advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include water hazards bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks

"First round at this course"

rb030557's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/16/2018

Fairways and greens were in great shape but second cut areas were a little rough. Pace of play was excellent due to shoulder season and we were finished our round in 3 3/4 hours. Full facility club house with new club house being built.

"Staff Makes the Difference"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2018

I played as a single with help from the Starter...Many thanks once again. It had rained the day before but the course responded better than expected. Pace of play was great. Greens were wonderful with prior day rain effect...The practice area improved over my previous play...Noted the new Clubhouse being built and plans to invest in multiple areas. Looking forward to bringing facility back to its old heyday reputation as a top place to play and enjoy the day!

Response from Woodmont Country Club on 04/16/2018:

Hello,

We would like to thank you for your kind words and feedback. We are happy to hear that we met your 5 out 5 star rating needs in the pace of play, staff friendliness and value for the money. We are making slow adjustments to better our golf course and golfers experience each day. We look forward to having you play another round at Woodmont Country Club in the near future.

"Course in decline"

jvcarig's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2018

I’ve played Woodmont for the past 12 years. It is sad to see this course which is in obvious decline. The course is still fun to play and the greens are somehow still quite nice as are the sand bunkers. But that’s about it. The rest of the course is full of weeds and still had several large trees down from hurricane Irma (7 months later). It was also cheap and played fast. Our twosome finished in 3.5 hours. I used to consider this a 3-4 star course but now it is clearly s 2-3 star. Hopefully ownership will make some much needed improvements.

Response from Woodmont Country Club on 04/03/2018:

Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Cypress at Woodmont Country Club. We strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark. Your loyalty to our course is valued and we hope you will see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you for choosing to play our course, in the Tamarac, Florida area, and we hope to earn your business again soon.

Paul5511640's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2018

"WAY past its prime!"

MaryDale's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2018

This is the first time I have ever "booked" a single tee time and had to play alone (behind a twosome and in front of another twosome), and I had to wait on EVERY shot!

The description of this course is very misleading, suggesting it is one of the finest courses in south Florida, having hosted "numerous PGA tour events."

Everywhere I looked, there were signs of significant aging... from cracked plaster and dark (poorly lit) hallways in the clubhouse to broken ice and water dispensers on the course.

As for the itself... there were a few interesting holes but distance markers were lacking, and even with the descriptive booklet they give you, it is difficult to determine how far the ball could be safely hit without rolling into yet another weather hazard.

It was a disappointing round, to say the least!

Response from Cypress at Woodmont Country Club on 03/30/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Cypress at Woodmont Country Club in the Tamarac, Florida area. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round, and we appreciate your feedback regarding the greens so may work on any necessary improvements. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Woodmont - Disappointing"

mandell10303's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I have played this course many times but have not played it in about 6 months. It is always a course that I have enjoyed. The course was in deplorable condition with the fairways in horrible shape and the green also not maintained. I am not sure if the ownership has changed but they need to fix the problem. The cart person never came around during the first 9 holes and we were told it was due to a 3rd course. The guy in the bar very friendly. I hope Woodmont gets it''s act back together

Response from Woodmont Country Club on 03/30/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Cypress at Woodmont Country Club, in the Tamarac, Florida area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

"Horrible condition"

dizap1's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2018

Wow, they have really let this coarse go! It was completely brown, weeds everywhere. I paid for 18 holes but only played 9 it was so bad. They should have put some money into taking care of the 18 they had rather than open 9 more holes. Only positive was pace of play because there were so few people out there. I don't know how they stay in business. Really the worst coarse I have played on years! Not worth the money at all!! I will not go back and I live only a few miles away.

Response from Cypress at Woodmont Country Club on 03/30/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Cypress at Woodmont Country Club, in the Tamarac area. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round, and we appreciate your feedback regarding the greens so may work on any necessary improvements. We greatly value your feedback as we work towards any necessary improvements, and hope you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Horrible condition"

dizap1's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2018

Wow, this coarse is in terrible shape! Completely brown, weeds everywhere. Almost un playable. Worst golf coarse I have played in years! I wouldn't go back there if it was free!

Response from Cypress at Woodmont Country Club on 03/30/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Cypress at Woodmont Country Club, in the Tamarac area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Paul5511640's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2018

The course is very good

The complete staff is GREAT

congrats to staff and management

"Poorly Maintained Facility & Course; Forced to play Pines '8'"

creggrx's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/18/2018

Reserved through Golf Now to play Cypress. Clubhouse, practice range, and course are poorly maintained. Played the first 9 on Cypress, at the turn was told there was a shotgun start tournament starting, must play the Pines 9. There's only Pines 9 because the other 9 are being turned into homes. Actually, there is only Pines '8', because a par 5 is completely grown over. This course is worth $35 to play. Golf Now should not list this course.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Woodmont Country Club on 03/21/2018:

Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Cypress at Woodmont Country Club. We're very sorry to hear you may have had a poor customer experience with us recently, and we appreciate your feedback so we may work on improvements for your future experience with us. We apologize for any miscommunication or misunderstanding in regards to your reservation and hope we can better clarify in the future if necessary. Thank you for choosing our course in the Tamarac, Florida area, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Country Club?"

AceCounselor's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/17/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

The course was packed. It needs maintenance and tender loving care. It is watered only by nature. The fairways and the greens were rock hard. The rough was roughly just weeds. It is a nice change of pace to the driving range for the snow bunnies but that is about it.

Course Layout: Poor

james1206212's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/17/2018

"Challenging for all handicaps"

RoySB's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/13/2018

I have played this course several times before so I knew the layout, however this was the first time that the greens were very fast! Unfortunately we were paired with 2 gentlemen who were very high handicappers so it was not very enjoyable and very slow. Would definitely recommend and play the tees suitable for your handicap!

joemac197's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/12/2018

Response from Woodmont Country Club on 03/20/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

GIlles3555687's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/11/2018
First time playing Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

this is my first time , and am sure y never play this place

Response from Woodmont Country Club on 03/20/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Cypress at Woodmont Country Club, in the Tamarac, Florida area. We are sorry to hear your recent experience with us may have been poor due to the course conditions. We greatly value your feedback as we work towards any necessary improvements, and hope you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Just okay"

Barry9337816's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/05/2018
First time playing Walked Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

The worn down club house sets a poor first impression that leads to thinking the course might also be worn down a bit. There are a lot of the remains of down trees waiting to be removed, so again it makes the course look run down. The teeboxes were not too bad, the fairways were decent and I did not find any worn or bare spots. The greens were hard and slick, very fast but the ball would roll true. The greens challenging due to the contours. Bunkers were not bad either. All in all I think with a bit of sprucing up the course would be great. I would like to play it next year to see how it looks. Hopefully the construction in the parking lot is a new clubhouse.

Response from Cypress at Woodmont Country Club on 03/13/2018:

Hi Barry. Thanks so much for your review. We really appreciate your feedback, and we will share it with our staff. We are very pleased that the greens played true and were challenging. We really hope you enjoyed your round, and that we see you again soon!

"Needs TLC"

ThomasGram's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/03/2018

It’s sad that so many older courses in Florida seems to detoriate with passing time. First of the pro shop had a very limited selection of balls. Range neeeds work but is there time for new range balls. Putting green small but ok. Course needs work on tee boxes etc but on the plus side the pro shop gave me a course description book that made round more enjoyable. Course design is good wish some of the trees where trimmed back to original design before the threes grew out of control.

Response from Cypress at Woodmont Country Club on 03/07/2018:

Hey Thomas. Thanks so much for choosing Cypress at Woodmont Country Club and taking the time to review the course. While we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the course layout, the pace and that our staff treated you so well, we are disappointed to hear that other course conditions like the tee boxes did not meet your expectations. We value your input, and we will share your comment with our staff. Thanks again for choosing to play your round here, and please visit us again soon.

Mario7565597's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/02/2018

Response from Cypress at Woodmont Country Club on 03/07/2018:

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are very disappointed to hear that you experience did not meet your expectations. We take our customer feedback very seriously and we will share your comment with our staff to make improvements and corrections accordingly. Thanks again for your review. Please give us the opportunity to change your mind about our course. We hope to see you again.

lynefoisy's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/26/2018

The clubhouse is in poor conditions it smell humidity, it is durty in the restroom too.

"Rough Track"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/17/2018

Mediocre conditions on fairways & greens. Do not recommend.

Response from Woodmont Country Club on 02/21/2018: