Pines at Woodmont Country Club

This golf course is closed for business. Not true? Let us know.
Looking for other options nearby?

Clubs: No

Tees | Full Scorecard

Green (W) 72 5097 yards 69.8 118

Editor's Note: The Pines Course at Woodmont Country Club is closed for business.

The Pines is one of two championship golf courses at Woodmont Country Club in Tamarac. It and the Cypress Course share a gently rolling landscape that is sprinkled with mature trees, which frame the views from the elevated tees. While they share the same terrain, the courses offer very different challenges. The lengthier Cypress requires both distance and accuracy while the Pines Course will get you thinking. It is a shot maker's course that will test a variety of skills. Course management is key as is a well thought out strategy for every hole. The layout features undulating greens and tree-lined fairways that also place a premium on accurate shot placement. In addition to the golf courses, Woodmont C.C. also has a driving range and two putting greens for golfers to use.

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for locals advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include water hazards bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks

"ghost course"

hayesth1's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2018

i will always remember playing this course for it was lovely the holes that i played, but the problem is that it is 18 holes carved out of 36 that have all gone bad...really sad and disppointing that the management of this course has let this place deteriorate like this...shame on you and shame on what you have done to the the great place this once must have been...definately a big downer...

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Woodmont Country Club on 07/16/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. We are sorry for the disappointments of your experience, but we are appreciative of the feedback. We hope you are able to see improvement the next time you are with us.

"Under construction......"

buddy2862's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/30/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Had to play two different courses due to the greens under repair for Cypress. Drive through construction zones to get to the front nine of the Pine course. Directional signage not good at all and had to guess as to where to go......all the while driving through construction zone and high brush......not very appealing at all.i . Would have appreciated the notice beforehand; that I pre paid the round and could not cancel. Felt like bait and switch.

Response from Woodmont Country Club on 07/05/2018:

Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Woodmont Country Club. We strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark. Your loyalty to our course is valued and we hope you will see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you for choosing to play our course, in the Tamarac, Florida area, and we hope to earn your business again soon.

"Difficult course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2018

It requires good planning because the fairways are narrow and have water and turns everywhere. The wrong club and you end up in the hazards or in the deep rough.

Great course!

"Cypress and Pines"

uJBEH4043JB's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2018

Youth tournament getting ready to start when I got there. Staff worked me around in front of them to play Cypress for my front 9. Good overall summer conditions. Played back 9 on the Pines which I hadn't played before. Layout was interrupted and odd and a lot of cart path damage. The holes themselves were in good summer conditions and fun.

fbaroja's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

TedRentz's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Great Greens, Excellent Condition considering heat and rain. Fairways and turf excellent.

"Excellent value for Golfnow Hot Deal - Love the challenge"

jmontea's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018

Course is in great shape for the exception of the tee boxes.

"Disappointed"

kismet12's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018

I played at this course for the first time 13 years ago. At that time, it had two 18 holes courses. It was one of the premier courses to play golf in Broward county. Since then, I have played on and off over the years. I have seen this course go down hill every time I played there. About two years ago, they closed one of the two courses. Last Saturday, I found out that they open 9 holes of the closed course. Now they have 27 holes. Unfortunately, the nine holes are spread out out off the 18 holes. Which means that you might have to pass 2 closed holes to get to the next hole. The cart path between them is really bad, and sometimes non existent. I do have to add, that the greens were excellent. There was some sand on all of them, but there were very very fast. It was sad for me to see this course the way it is now compare to 13 years ago. By the way, there were a hand full of players on the whole course that day. To be honest. There are better courses for the same money.

Response from Woodmont Country Club on 05/08/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Woodmont Country Club, and for the 3 stars. We are sorry to see that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played and your feedback is appreciated. It looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff and that your round was a great value for you, so we hope this improved your overall experience with us. Thank you for your choosing our course, in the Tamarac, Florida area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Forget the new clubhouse. Put the money into the course!"

Muzzie1947's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/25/2018

What a cow pasture!! Weeds all over the place. On the greens, on the fairways, in the roughs. Trees still down from last years hurricanes. Greens bumpy, you can't get a decent roll on the ball. Bunkers?? No such thing as sand. Dirt, rocks and in some places, mud. Some tee boxes totally bare of grass, even bare of weeds, which were pretty much all over the place. I really don't enjoy being critical, but this place needs ALOT of work. Forget the new clubhouse. Put the money into the golf course.

Response from Woodmont Country Club on 05/01/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Woodmont Country Club in the Tamarac, Florida area. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round, and we appreciate your feedback regarding the Bunkers so may work on any necessary improvements. However, we're glad you received a good value for your round and had a fun time on the course. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Woodmont CC"

dinodadws99's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2018

Outstanding layout, met some fellow Delaware Valley folks all over the course. Playing there, working....golf staff was friendly and professional. The construction of the new clubhouse and pro shop seems to be coming along nicely. The lounge area is very comfortable with Beer Mistress Sandra, handling the duties.

Can't wait to play the course again, with its challenging layout, and inviting greens.

MJ King

"First round at this course"

rb030557's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/16/2018

Fairways and greens were in great shape but second cut areas were a little rough. Pace of play was excellent due to shoulder season and we were finished our round in 3 3/4 hours. Full facility club house with new club house being built.

"Staff Makes the Difference"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2018

I played as a single with help from the Starter...Many thanks once again. It had rained the day before but the course responded better than expected. Pace of play was great. Greens were wonderful with prior day rain effect...The practice area improved over my previous play...Noted the new Clubhouse being built and plans to invest in multiple areas. Looking forward to bringing facility back to its old heyday reputation as a top place to play and enjoy the day!

Response from Woodmont Country Club on 04/16/2018:

Hello,

We would like to thank you for your kind words and feedback. We are happy to hear that we met your 5 out 5 star rating needs in the pace of play, staff friendliness and value for the money. We are making slow adjustments to better our golf course and golfers experience each day. We look forward to having you play another round at Woodmont Country Club in the near future.

"Course in decline"

jvcarig's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2018

I’ve played Woodmont for the past 12 years. It is sad to see this course which is in obvious decline. The course is still fun to play and the greens are somehow still quite nice as are the sand bunkers. But that’s about it. The rest of the course is full of weeds and still had several large trees down from hurricane Irma (7 months later). It was also cheap and played fast. Our twosome finished in 3.5 hours. I used to consider this a 3-4 star course but now it is clearly s 2-3 star. Hopefully ownership will make some much needed improvements.

Response from Woodmont Country Club on 04/03/2018:

Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Cypress at Woodmont Country Club. We strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark. Your loyalty to our course is valued and we hope you will see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you for choosing to play our course, in the Tamarac, Florida area, and we hope to earn your business again soon.

Paul5511640's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2018

"WAY past its prime!"

MaryDale's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2018

This is the first time I have ever "booked" a single tee time and had to play alone (behind a twosome and in front of another twosome), and I had to wait on EVERY shot!

The description of this course is very misleading, suggesting it is one of the finest courses in south Florida, having hosted "numerous PGA tour events."

Everywhere I looked, there were signs of significant aging... from cracked plaster and dark (poorly lit) hallways in the clubhouse to broken ice and water dispensers on the course.

As for the itself... there were a few interesting holes but distance markers were lacking, and even with the descriptive booklet they give you, it is difficult to determine how far the ball could be safely hit without rolling into yet another weather hazard.

It was a disappointing round, to say the least!

Response from Cypress at Woodmont Country Club on 03/30/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Cypress at Woodmont Country Club in the Tamarac, Florida area. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round, and we appreciate your feedback regarding the greens so may work on any necessary improvements. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Woodmont - Disappointing"

mandell10303's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I have played this course many times but have not played it in about 6 months. It is always a course that I have enjoyed. The course was in deplorable condition with the fairways in horrible shape and the green also not maintained. I am not sure if the ownership has changed but they need to fix the problem. The cart person never came around during the first 9 holes and we were told it was due to a 3rd course. The guy in the bar very friendly. I hope Woodmont gets it''s act back together

Response from Woodmont Country Club on 03/30/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Cypress at Woodmont Country Club, in the Tamarac, Florida area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

"Horrible condition"

dizap1's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2018

Wow, they have really let this coarse go! It was completely brown, weeds everywhere. I paid for 18 holes but only played 9 it was so bad. They should have put some money into taking care of the 18 they had rather than open 9 more holes. Only positive was pace of play because there were so few people out there. I don't know how they stay in business. Really the worst coarse I have played on years! Not worth the money at all!! I will not go back and I live only a few miles away.

Response from Cypress at Woodmont Country Club on 03/30/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Cypress at Woodmont Country Club, in the Tamarac area. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round, and we appreciate your feedback regarding the greens so may work on any necessary improvements. We greatly value your feedback as we work towards any necessary improvements, and hope you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Horrible condition"

dizap1's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2018

Wow, this coarse is in terrible shape! Completely brown, weeds everywhere. Almost un playable. Worst golf coarse I have played in years! I wouldn't go back there if it was free!

Response from Cypress at Woodmont Country Club on 03/30/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Cypress at Woodmont Country Club, in the Tamarac area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Paul5511640's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2018

The course is very good

The complete staff is GREAT

congrats to staff and management

"Poorly Maintained Facility & Course; Forced to play Pines '8'"

creggrx's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/18/2018

Reserved through Golf Now to play Cypress. Clubhouse, practice range, and course are poorly maintained. Played the first 9 on Cypress, at the turn was told there was a shotgun start tournament starting, must play the Pines 9. There's only Pines 9 because the other 9 are being turned into homes. Actually, there is only Pines '8', because a par 5 is completely grown over. This course is worth $35 to play. Golf Now should not list this course.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Woodmont Country Club on 03/21/2018:

Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Cypress at Woodmont Country Club. We're very sorry to hear you may have had a poor customer experience with us recently, and we appreciate your feedback so we may work on improvements for your future experience with us. We apologize for any miscommunication or misunderstanding in regards to your reservation and hope we can better clarify in the future if necessary. Thank you for choosing our course in the Tamarac, Florida area, and we hope to see you again soon.