Devlin and VonHagge designed this course, which challenges even experienced golfers. It has been rated by Golf Digest to be among the 50 top courses in the United States. The signature hole on the Championship Course is #12, a 452-yard, par 4, requiring a tee shot through a cypress forest to an island green.

This 7,258 yards, par 71 course has narrow fairways, a deep rough as well as plenty of water and bunkers. Enjoy the fast greens and the excitement of knowing you're on one of the best.

Colony West Golf Club - Champ Course

Year Built 1971
Architect Bruce Devlin (1971) Robert von Hagge (1971)

Plays Long 37

Still under construction, but course in good shape.

Navigating construction and parking a chore and worth it.
Greens were mostly smooth, hard, and fast. Many undulations make for tough long putts. Only a few sanded areas here and there.
Tee boxes and fairways average to above. Weeds kept at a minimum but bare spots and divots in both need cared for.
Rough was mostly short with many sandy areas around the trees and shrubs when you get off line.
Layout is great and challenging. Dog legs both directions and some long holes. Some tight lines, but there are usually good areas to hit towards if accurately placed using good course management.
Good deal for the rate we paid.

Commented on 10/15/2019

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your feedback and patience around the construction. Hope you come back and play again soon.

Great Value

A great value for the money. Course was in extremely good condition considering the recent rains. The only reason that I couldn’t give better ratings was because the ongoing construction and the lack of amenities in the pro shop. Friendly staff was very informative and helpful. Will return for sure!

Construction area

Greens were in good shape. Rain had several sand traps under water. Most tee boxes were disasters. No grass or crab grass, but overall a playable course although with the hotel construction parking was not good with a long walk to the temporary club house/pro shop. Overall a very good value $$$$

Commented on 07/10/2019

Thank you so much for your review. As you may know, we've had quite a bit of rain in the past few weeks so we're working as hard as we can to keep course conditions as playable as possible. We hope to see you back again soon.

Commented on 07/10/2019

Thank you for your review. We take your opinion seriously, and are working everyday to improve the customer experience. If you have any specific comments or concerns, please reach out to us at info@colonywestgolfclub.com

Cancelled round but they still charged me

Didn't actually get to this course but beware, even though we cancelled the reservation through the golf shop, they still charged me.

Commented on 07/10/2019

Thanks for your feedback. We apologize for that inconvenience. Please contact us at info@colonywestgolfclub.com so we can chat about our cancellation policy and see if a refund is available for you. Thank you.

Impressed

The new greens have stayed immaculate. They had a Ranger out pushing the pace. It was a good experience the next phase will be to clean up the fairways and county will be looking like it used to. I also like the fact that they finally made the double green between four and six to separate greens !

Commented on 06/03/2019

Thanks for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your experience with us. Rest assured we are working hard to improve the customer experience. Hope to see you again soon!

Unfriendly Staff

The course was going through remodeling It was a long walk from the parking lot to the pro shop no one was there to greet us to take our bags. I had my 15-year-old daughter with me to ride along they wanted to charge for her to ride along. Needless to say, I canceled my tee time and requested a refund went to Woodlands where they didn’t charge for the ride along. Plus, they were much more friendlier than Colony West.

Commented on 07/10/2019

Thank you for your feedback. We take your opinion seriously, and are working everyday to improve the customer experience. Please contact us at info@colonywestgolfclub.com so that we can discuss your experience.

Average

Great layout, greens in decent shape. Fairways need a lot of work. Sand traps are in great shape.

Commented on 07/10/2019

Thanks for your review. We are continually working to improve our fairways. Hope you had a great time with us in Florida.

Coming Back

So glad to see this course coming back. The layout is one if the best by far in South Florida. The new greens are still very firm but roll very well. They are country club quality and funny to putt if you don't mind an occasional three putt. Looking forward to the finished product.

Commented on 08/02/2019

Thanks for the 4 star review. We hope to see you again soon!

Not impressed!

Again, today we booked a tee time a few days ago , arrived and we joined again with a man who just showed alone up to play. Although , I understand for timing this works for you it makes me crazy. Why , if we book as a twosome would we want play with a single,guy who could care less about playing with us. It always ruins my round as a women..
It happens everywhere often once a week. There was a couple behind us that got to play alone should we be rude and say no next time? This situation needs to be addressed by golf now and the clubs who use them to fill their coarse.

Commented on 06/03/2019

Thank you for your review. We value your feedback and are working hard everyday to improve the customer service. Please let us know if there is a specific service area you are dissatisfied with.

Great Course to play

first time to play this course. The greens are super fantastic...looks like some money was put into them in the last 6 months. New clubhouse is being built for the course, will like to come back and play again with new club house. The fairways were ok, could use some work, but with all the other activiites, understand why they are just ok.

Commented on 08/02/2019

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 06/03/2019

Thanks for your review. We hope to see you again soon!

Slow back 9

Course is looking great, the greens are looking good but running slow. The pace of play was good until the back 9, slowwww. Can’t wait for the new clubhouse to finish being constructed!

RANGER NEEDS TO RIDE THE COURSE ANS SPEED PEOPLE UP!!!!!!!!!

Commented on 08/01/2019

A Bit of a Hot Mess right now...

Greens and bunkers in very good condition as they were just redone over this last summer.
Fairways were disappointing with a few being just plain bad.
The truncated 18th hole was disappointing. I hope that's not permanent.
Construction will be ongoing for the better part of 2 years I understand. That has made parking a nightmare. Restroom facilities are nasty porta potties at the "clubhouse" area. (a trailer.)

That said, I like the layout and have always been treated well here. I will continue to play here now and again as usual.

Challenging course

Very hard course. Be sure to have an extra sleeve of balls or two. Holes 10 and 18 shortened due to irrigation issue. Parking is a challenge due to construction. Fairways okay but greens are in great shape. Overall not a bad course. Will be playing again for sure.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020