Chisel Creek Golf Club

Caddies: No
GPS: No

Dress code: Proper golf attire is required for the golf course and practice facilities. No jeans or t-shirts.

The popularity of Chisel Creek Golf Club in Landenberg can be partly attributed to the fact that it's easily accessible from Maryland, Delaware, and Pennsylvania. The natural features of the terrain were incorporated as much as possible, resulting in a layout that is more challenging than the scorecard would lead you to believe. It's seemingly short at just over 6,200 yards but you can expect a variety of elevation changes. The rough can be punishing and there are also numerous strategically placed bunkers as well as a meandering creek that comes into play throughout. Chisel Creek Golf Club's 14th is an especially tough hole that plays uphill and requires navigating your tee shot down a narrow chute. You'll be faced with a few blind shots and a few water holes, including one with an island green.

Location is in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals junior golfers 9-hole rounds   Challenges include undulating greens elevation changes water hazards

"Going down hill, but can’t beat the price"

kevinoshea22's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2018

This was probably my 4th time playing chisel creek. They whole course was burnt up from the recent heat, most greens were dying and bumpy, but almost all of the tee boxes were in good shape. This was the worst shape I’ve seen it, but it was fine cause I only paid 9$ through GolfNow. Would not be work playing for more than 12$. This course also has a good layout with some easy holes and challenging holes

"much improved"

Brothermike's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/22/2018

Course conditions came a long way in a month. No issue with tees, fairways or greens. Much improved, i'll return but not on a Friday as Rt 95 north bound was a parking lot.

"Disappointed"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/19/2018

I read the mixed reviews of Chisel Creek prior to booking a round, but I always like to give the course the benefit of the doubt, so I went ahead with booking.

I’ve played quite a few courses over the last few years, and unfortunately, CC was among the worst I’ve ever played. Weeds in the fairways, poor bunker conditions, bumpy and in some cases dead grass greens.

The layout of the course would be enjoyable and probably was when the course was in better condition.

I was hoping CC could be a moderately priced gem of a course that I could add to my regular rotation of courses for the summer.

On a positive note, the staff was friendly and helpful and that counts for a lot. Upon arrival I was greeted and informed of layout of course.

I was told the course is for sale and I hope that someone sees the property and layout for the gem it could be and decides to put the money &’effort into restoring it.

"A Hidden Gem"

Garyjohnson's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2018

This course is on its last legs, and it is a shame. While the course is short, it is a terrific layout with some very interesting holes, particularly the par threes. The course is for sale, and is not being well maintained. Hopefully a new owner will be willing to invest money to restore the course.

"Long grass."

BruceKauffman's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/24/2018

I’ve played this course plenty of times but I guess because of all the rain, the grass was so long it was hard to find your ball unless it was in the fairway.i will say I was very impressed with the staff. I misplaced my wallet and they did not give up trying to help me find it. Someone had found it it the parking lot, took the cash and threw my wallet out on Appleton Road. On a hunch from one of the staff, they checked Appleton Road and found my wallet. Again I say Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Response from Chisel Creek Golf Club on 05/29/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Chisel Creek Golf Club in the Landenberg, Pennsylvania area, and for the 3 stars. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round, and we appreciate your feedback regarding the greens so may work on any necessary improvements. However, we're glad you received a good value for your round and had a fun time on the course. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Wow"

Jersey91's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2018

Nice layout BUT, it was in bad shape not a $40 course

Response from Chisel Creek Golf Club on 05/15/2018:

Hello, thank you for sharing your review, We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback regarding the course conditions and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff and sceneries at Chisel Creek Golf Club, and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

"I'm gonna need a longer drive"

Brothermike's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2018

Got thru the first 3 holes just fine, then all heck broke loose on the 4th tee. Partner put drive into the woods on the right, seeing this i yanked my drive left almost but not quite carrying the water. we did this 3 more times, and it got worst as the round proceeded.But enough about me back to the course, It seems the place is on it;s last legs, hope I am wrong but one only has to gander at the traps to see something is in the air. On some of the longer par 4's and 5's it was hard to zero in off the tee because it was difficult to recognize where the fairways were. That being said I do think playing here helped my game and I intend to return soon,. after I go purchase another 2 dozen golf balls.

Response from Chisel Creek Golf Club on 05/09/2018:

Hello Mike, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Chisel Creek Golf Club, in the Pennsylvania area. We appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years but are very sorry to hear your recent experience with us may have been poor due to the course conditions. We greatly value your feedback as we work towards any necessary improvements, and hope you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Super Friendly"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/26/2017
Previously played Used cart Cold weather

Super friendly staff, great lay out. Even though this is a challenging course, its the only one in the area where you can play a 3 hour round.

"Great layout, no ammenities but I like that..."

Kerry1706063's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/19/2017

Under two hour round, golfing by myself. Excellent layout and friendly staff at the counter. The grounds and fairways are not perfect but the pace of play made up for it. I love quick and open courses, this is the best for a great pace of play. A couple challenging holes with one island green and enough trees & rough areas to keep most of us challenged. I heard the course is for sale, I hope it sticks around!

"Always a great time"

shedmande's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/12/2017
Previously played Used cart

This has been a nice course since it opened years ago. It's a challenging layout and is always kept in very playable condition. We have a group that plays weekly and this is one that we keep in the rotation. Definitely recommend giving it a try.

"Good GC for Spring and Fall seasons"

cmptpad's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/03/2017

Short and challenging , condition is always good in Fall season... IF you layup at hole 7 and 12 , your scores would be better

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/02/2017

Response from Chisel Creek Golf Club on 11/06/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Chisel Creek Golf Club, and for the 3-stars. We hope that the course conditions were up to par when you played and that you enjoyed the course layout. It looks like you had a smooth round and a friendly experience with our staff, so we are glad to see that. Thank you for recommending our course, in the Philadelphia area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Nothing fancy"

JOHN8867150's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/01/2017

If your looking for bell and whistles this ain’t the course but it does provide a good challenge for your game ! Ideal weather conditions and not many holes restricted to cart path ... overall fun day and good golf layout !

"much better than expected"

cmptpad's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/20/2017

Used to play here a lot, Spring and Fall are best time to play here, they clean up # 12 nicely. #7 is always a pain to play because it requires accuracy. #3 island green is fun to play, #18 could be troublesome for short hitters, Not draining well after heavy rain. Will be back again...

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2017

Prb88's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/14/2017

Figured I give it a try because it's close to home and rarely busy. Staff was great and really friendly, driving range is small. Course layout is intriguing. The tall grass and narrow fairways had me going for extra balls in my bag alll day. It was challenging but I'll give it another shot.

Response from Chisel Creek Golf Club on 09/19/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Chisel Creek Golf Club, and for the 3-stars. We are sorry to hear that the driving range was a tad small, but it overall sounds like you had a fun round. We are excited to see that you enjoyed the pace of play and had great value for your play. Thank you for recommending our course in the Landenberg, PA area and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Good value"

summersem's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/16/2017

Just adequate as a country course, too much unmown and unplayable wet areas. Bunkers unplayable. But, a good course for practice, which I was doing.

Response from Chisel Creek Golf Club on 08/22/2017:

Hello Jerry, thank you for giving our course, Chisel Creek Golf Club, a three-star review. We are sorry to hear that the bunkers were unplayable and that the course was in rough shape. However, we are happy to see that you found our staff friendly and that you had a smooth round. Thank you for playing our course in the Philadelphia area and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Could be great, but is not"

u000006320626's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2017

Looks like little or no winter and spring course maintenance....fairways and rough very spotty in places; bunkers and cart paths are rough and rocky.. Some holes really awful...e.g., mid-area on #7.

Layout has great potential -- ideal for planning shot placement. Staff very nice.

"Poor course conditions"

t2207's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Seems like it's time to give my first 1 rating on here. There was little to like about the course and even then the poor conditions negate those pretty quickly. Interesting layout - kind of fun with some hills, short par 4s. Kind of quirky at times. Overall pretty short. The best part are the par 3's especially the Island #3.

The bad: Some of the holes are far away from each other and we got lost a few times. Our cart broke on the first hole and had to get a replacement. Very few fairways...most are just areas with slightly less crab grass. Lots of marshy areas. One "fairway" was just mud. Ended up in bunkers a few times, but no need to rake them after, because they were either dirt, mud, wet or the one had a massive puddle that had plants growing in it. Driving range only had about 6 mats and when we got there people were waiting two deep behind.

The course is in the middle of nowhere so unless you live near it, I wouldn't consider venturing out. It's a farm setting which I guess has some nice views. Staff was friendly too. However, they do not serve alcohol so if you for some reason do play this course, make sure you're aware of this.

"Needs Work -- a lot of work"

u000006320626's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/01/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Have played here several times over the years. Cart paths unpaved and bone-jarring. The rough is nasty, clumps and bare spots.. Has potential to be a fine short course with interesting layout.