Lanier Islands Legacy Golf Course

Pull-carts No

Entertaining Clients 19

Georgia Advisor

Awesome Course with Spectacular Views

Their new policy where you can’t unload your golf bag by the carts but you have to carry your bag from your car (there is not bag stand to unload your bag near the pro shop) AND you have to wait until your tee-time in order to get the cart key is ridiculous. I have NEVER been to a course that treats the carts like they do. The starter managing the carts acted as the CIA inspector general and thought everyone was a criminal if they even asked for a cart key in order just to pull the cart up by the starter stand so that you do not have to walk all over the place in order to get ice, go to the range, etc. The new cart policy or lack of reasonable policy puts a sour taste in people’s mouths even before they get to go play one of the best and most picturesque golf courses in all of Georgia. It was 97 degrees and the course wants everyone to lug their bags around and walk all over the place just and will not permit you to have a cart key until the exact time for you to head to the first tee.
One of my favorite things about the course is that it is like an all inclusive resort. The greens fee you pay comes with: range balls, complementary sodas, hot dogs, snacks, bottled water and a great practice area. Each cart has a cooler and plenty of ice which makes for an great day on a great course. Too bad the cart policy is so ridiculous and the starter is such a dictator about giving out a cart key.
As far as the facilities and the golf course go, Legacy on Lanier is one of the best courses in all of Georgia. The conditions are fantastic. The course has some of the most beautiful views of Lake Lanier. Course layout is fantastic with a few very challenging holes. I highly recommend the course over any course in the area.

Commented on 08/03/2020

Thank you for your kid comments on the golf course.
We are sorry that the golf cart operational policy was not what you expected. Due to the current health crisis we assign each group their golf carts and have the group name on the front. We do understand it is inconvenient to have to walk with large bags though. The process is under review and we thank you for your candid input and comments.

Commented on 08/03/2020

Thank you for your review!

Commented on 07/23/2020

Thank you for the five star review!
We hope to see you back soon.

Commented on 07/23/2020

Thanks for the review, we appreciate it.

Awesome~~

Everything. was more than my expectation.
Only thing is that there were many people in the lake ,,,i felt that was dangerous if ball can hit them.

Commented on 07/23/2020

Thanks for the excellent review. We are sorry about the boats being somewhat in the way on certain holes. We can only move people of they are on the golf course.
We hope to see you back soon!

Bad Day / Felt Insulted with the new cart policy

I don’ normally write a BAD review. This time in this prestigious golf course, it has given me a VERY BAD DAY FOR GOLF;

1.With their new policy, you can’t unload your golf bag in the cart but have to wait till your tee-time to get the cart key. Thereby, it’s a slap on your face and having to carry your golf bags from the carpark to the driving range which was quite a distance.
2. The saving grace for their Mgt, is Tony their stater which runs around patiently apologizing and professionally coordinating this ridiculous cart policy. Tony is a GREAT staff to have around!
3. The green condition for this time of the year was terribly uneven, not rolled and was very slow AND BUMPY!!!
4. For our first 6 holes, all the workers were in the way blowing the sand bunkers and the fairways and they couldn’t careless if you hit them. Mgt should educate them to stop to let golfers play through. I guess the workers are rushing to finish their job.
5. Lastly, this golfing day was made bad as we have to screamed at a family (grandma, mum and 2 kids) playing at the lake side on the 13-hole and refused to leave the area.

WHAT A CRAPPY DAY FOR GOLF AS IT DAMAGED OUR HAPPY MOOD.

Commented on 07/19/2020

Thank you for your feedback, we always appreciate it.

We are sorry that your experience was not as expected. Unfortunately, as we are not operating our usual bag drop service the carts are staged approximately 100 yards from the parking lot. They are typically ready for you to load your own bag into the golf cart around an hour before your tee time. The range is another, approximately, 50-100 yards from the cart staging area. If you would like one of our staff to assist you with your bag next time we will happy to do so but this is not our default process at the moment due to current health issues.

We will pass your comments on our maintenance practices to our Golf Course Superintendent.

We are glad you were happy with Tony's professional service though and will pass your comments on to him.

Thank you for the feedback, we hope you will give us another try soon.

Legacy Pro Shop Staff

Commented on 07/18/2020

Thank you for your review, we appreciate it and hope to see you back soon.

Commented on 07/20/2020

Thank you very much for the review, we greatly appreciate it.

Lanier Legacy Golf Course

Simply, one of the best courses we have played in this area. Maintained to perfection. Absolutely beautiful views on each hole. Course layout is great-somewhat challenging on a few holes but we would recommend it without qualification.

Commented on 07/18/2020

Thanks for the great review, it's certainly sometimes a challenge off the tee!

Legacy at Lake Lanier

I have played this course a dozen or more times over the last 30 years. The course is beautiful winding through elevations from water level with 10 of 18 holes either over water or water coming into play. The course is in great shape. My only complaint is the lack of on-course marshall to keep the pace of play later in the afternoon. As a resort course, the clientel is there to relax and enjoy the course and seems to slow down in the later afternoon.

Commented on 07/02/2020

Thank you for the review, we are glad you enjoyed the golf course and are sorry the pace of play was slower than expected.

We actually have GPS on our golf carts that track the pace of play throughout the day and only sent a course marshal out if there is a specific issue. We are not sure exactly when you began play but our system is showing if you started between 10AM and 12PM you may have experienced a round of around 4h 30m and between 12:15PM and 3PM the round would have been 4h:15m or less. Average pace of play for the whole day was 4h:06m.

We understand that if you were a quick playing foursome, a threesome or twosome this may still seem slow. We do monitor daily and intervene where the estimated pace of play for a group gets above 4h 30m.

We hope to see you back at the course soon!

Great course/value/staff!

Fantastic morning of golf at the Legacy course on Lake Lanier, about 45 minutes north of Atlanta. My brother moved down here last year and was finally able to play! Did not disappoint!! Immaculate conditions, stunning views, fun layout and very courteous staff. And $70 included complimentary snacks and beverages! Great deal can’t wait to go back... Tony, the starter, and the young guys in the pro shop we’re outstanding

Commented on 06/26/2020

Thank you for your review, we will pass your comments on to the staff working the day you played.

Sincerely,

Great experience

Coming from California and visiting my daughter I wanted to play a little golf. Found some pictures of Lanier Islands and thought it would be interesting. What an amazing picturesque course. So many holes with water. Course is tough, especially if you are erratic. But the clear lake, clear sky, and great course conditions made for a great day. There are 4-5 signature holes in the layout. The greens are large with some bail out areas if needed, but miss in the wrong spot and you will be wet. Greens were the only disappointment, as they seemed to have many bumps and holes and were pretty slow. Maybe aerated in the last week or two. Puttable, but not perfect. Course was a blast to play. I will definitely be back

Commented on 07/04/2020

Thank you for your review, we're glad you enjoyed your round.

We're sorry you found the greens to be a little slow. They have fully recovered from our May aeration however we have another aeration scheduled for July 8th. Maintenance practices before a scheduled aeration sometimes does slow the speed down a little.

Thanks for the feedback, we hope to see you again on your next visit to Georgia.

Very Good Course

Nice course with scenic layout. Many holes around the water. Bring extra balls. The only downside is the cafeteria was closed so no free snacks, beverages or energy bars. Other than that very nice course. will play again.

Commented on 06/26/2020

Thank you for your review. The grill area was closed in response to State guidelines however it is now back open. Social distancing and hourly sanitizing practices are implemented.

Come on back soon to try Nathan's famous hot dogs, blimpie sandwiches and the rest all included in your round fee.

Lovely course

Had played here about 10 years ago so it was time for a revisit. Remembered it as being challenging but interesting. Sure is. Excellent reception in the pro shop the day before playing and when we arrived from Chandler and Chase. Course in good condition overall but the greens were so slow. Maybe OK for some but we are used to faster greens and they took a long time to get used to. But we had plenty of time to get used to them as we were held up from the 8th by a fourball that had all the time in the world and no courtesy shown. Amazingly, the same fourball that held us up at Royal Lakes the week before! But it did not detract from a good round on a great course with magnificent views.

Surprising day! May not be back!

Let me first say, I love this course. Its usually in great shape and you cant beat the views. However, the greens were recently aerated without sharing when I called the club or notice on Golfnow. They were slow and bumpy as ever. We then were shocked to see that the course has decided it’s safe to force 2 players to a cart now. I guess COVID is cured? The clubhouse is closed except for restrooms. It was very disturbing to see the lack of concern about placing two players closer together than on an airplane. Won’t be back anytime soon. I guess all management has been let go so nobody out there to manage?

Commented on 07/04/2020

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you were not advised of the most recent aeration which was two weeks before your date of play. Typically the recovery time is less than that but it is weather dependent, unfortunately.

With regard to golf cart sharing we certainly do not force anyone to share a golf cart. Playing golf is an optional activity and we allow walking. We hope you will return and should you wish to reserve an additional golf cart for the $28 fee please call us at least 7 days in advance and we will make arrangements. We have noted below the notice that is attached to all of our tee time booking confirmations now. All of our business policies are in line with directives from the State:

GOLF CARTS: We have been advised by the State that golf facilities may allow two individuals to ride together in a cart, regardless of whether those individuals are occupants of the same household or residence. If you are at a higher risk according to guidance from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) please call ahead to check availability and pricing of golf carts for individual riders. A face mask is currently recommended where social distancing, as defined by the CDC, is impractical.

Please call us at 678-318-7861 if you have any questions or concerns.

We do apologize that your experience was not as expected and we hope that you will return sometime in the future.

LegacyGolfProStaff

One of the best layouts in the area and one of my favorite in the Atlanta area however greens were recently aerated without sharing when I called the club. Moreover, the course has decided it’s safe to force 2 players to a cart now. Even though they have closed the clubhouse except for restrooms and have social distancing signs throughout , no concern about placing two players closer together than on an airplane. They allowed me to get my own cart for $28 extra so I ended up paying $42 for a cart fee alone. Won’t be back anytime soon.

"Range balls included."

Paid over $100 to play today. Then found no range balls on the range. When telling the marshall, there was no apology. Just his reacton, "Yeah, they run out pretty fast."

I won't be back.

Commented on 07/04/2020

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize your service experience was not of the standard you would expect from Lanier Islands Legacy Golf Course.

Due to the extremely high demand for tee times and backlogs with some vendors we were awaiting a range ball delivery. We should have had more staff assigned to range ball retrieval duties that day. Please accept our apologies.

Wow!

Great golf experience on a beautiful day. The scenery is incredible as most of the holes offer stunning lake views and even the holes that are not on the lake are beautiful. Golf-wise, its target golf at its most fun and you’ll need to hit good shots to stay out of the water, but good shots are rewarded. The course was in great condition. The only slight knock is that the greens had recently been punched and sanded. Even that didn’t take away from the experience because still rolled well, just a bit slow. Regular greens fees are a bit pricey, but this is one course that is worth its price.

Sugar Hill, Georgia
2.7205882353
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Duluth, Georgia
Hoschton, Georgia
Dacula, Georgia

Valid dates: Jun 06, 2017 - Jun 30, 2020
Let The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee create unforgettable Georgia vacations with packages that deliver adventure-filled weekend getaways, unrivaled golf outings or romantic escapes with your significant other.