Lanier Islands Legacy Golf Course

Year Built 2009
Greens MiniVerde Bermuda

Pull-carts No

• Golf Advisor: Best of Golf Advisor (2018 #38)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Georgia (2018 #2)

Entertaining Clients 15

Great Track

If you play from the Blues it’s a challenging driving course. Fairways are tight and tough to advance ball very far from the rough. But a fair and fun course to play. Will be back to play again.

Best I’ve played in GA

Excellent course as far as layout. Tough to critique the greens because they were recently aerated. But the people I was playing with told me that they are usually in great conditions. They do need to work on their GPS in the carts.
Will definitely play it more often.

Awesome course

great course, great layout.. a very difficult for me as a below average player.

Great day

Awesome course love the layout. A short maker's course from tee to green. Can't beat the other values, unlimited range balls free snacks and drinks

Great golf course, must play

One of the best golf courses in the area and amazing staff, services, and course conditions. Top notch!

First time in a long time

Played Lanier Legacy today for the first time in a long time. Course was in great shape and the staff was great. It is a very nice course on the shores of lake Lanier.

Again the staff was great. Looking forward to putting this course back into the rotation.

Great Day on the Course

Great day on the course, the weather was perfect, the course is in great shape, the lake is just beautiful and some of the most scenic holes around. We had a great pace of play no issues and the staff was extremely friendly. If there is any issue the range is a little rough and need new range balls outside of that one of my favorite courses to play in GA.
Will certainly be back

Not long but challenging.

Always enjoy playing this course because of the challenging water holes and the condition of the course the amenities and that you have access to free food and drinks, unlimited range balls. Excellent putting and chipping greens. If you are going to play a $25 or $30 course I would strongly suggest that you spend a few more dollars and reap the benefits. The starter and cart boys were awesome too.. I'll be back!!

DG1

Indifferent Management

It has been quite sometime since my last review. I have played Legacy on Lanier several times over the past few years. Course conditioning is usually good, but never excellent. Overall strengths are the greens, layout and scenery. Service is on the low side for a "Resort" course and amenities are well below even a low-end country club. The practice facilities are also below par, but the owners have done well with the limited space. Those that have read my many previous reviews know that pace-of-play management is a critical review criteria. The management made zero effort to manage pace of play for this round. They allowed a group to run up a 5+ hour round with an open course in front of them. Unfortunately, my group was behind this inconsiderate group for the entire round. Cannot recommend this course for any serious golfer.

Extremely slow pace of play, lack of signage and help from the marshall.

Views from the course were gorgeous. Greens were fast as ice. The pace of play was unbearable. Front 9 took us around 3 hours and change and this is after we called the clubhouse to let them know. Would not play again for the price. Too many nice courses around to deal with this one.

Fantastic challenging course.

Beautiful course with a fantastic view of Lake Lanier. Every hole is designed with perfection. Greens are super fast but are also forgiving .
The staff is excellent.
I would recommend this to anyone Who wants to experience a top notch course.

Great job.
Jay Simmons
Canton Ga

Rude Marshall ruined experience.

Never taken the time to write a review like this but I think in this case it is necessary...Great course in beautiful setting but overall a very disappointing experience. Called and set a tee time earlier in the morning, when I arrived I was told I did not have a tee time booked. My wife and I were then started on the second hole par 3 in front of a foursome. My wife, who is new to golf, put 2 balls in the water. She felt really bad about it but the foursome behind us was still not finished with hole 1. When we arrived at the green I smiled and waved at the Marshall and told him we would not be moving that slowly all day...the Marshall then hammered us relentlessly about us “screwing around” and being too slow! My wife was really embarrassed and later asked me what she had done that was so wrong. We finished the round in 3 hrs 45 min by the way. The Marshall then continued his harrrassment about our slow pace of play (through 1 hole!) to the 3rd hole. 2 holes later, on the first par 5, while about to put for par I see him again, drive up, run down to my cart which was in the middle of the fairway about 60 yards from the green and angrily drive my cart off the course, pull up to the green and scowl at my wife and I while I finished my putt. When I came off the green the Marshall launched into a tirade about that particular hole being cart path only. I play golf very regularly and I understand Marshall’s have a job to do, but I have NEVER been talked to by a Marshall in such a way. Never. Particular considering it was an honest mistake on a course we had never played. My wife was very upset. My wife and I had simply missed a cart path only sign apparently, as we were told that the course was 90 degree rule. The Marshall then followed us to the next hole where he said he was “protective of the course” and wasn’t trying to be a jerk or something to that effect but needless to say, our interactions with him over the course of those first few holes pretty much ruined our experience. Sadly, though the course is great, we won’t be back.

Great Experience

This is one of the most beautiful courses I have ever played. The layout along the shores of lake Lanier offers absolutely amazing views. Food and drinks are included in your green fees, great breakfast and lunch options. Staff is extremely helpful and made the overall experience great. This course is very challenging, but still leaves ample opportunities to make great shots. Will be back to play again. Best value in the greater Atlanta area.

Pure heaven

This course is located directly on Lake Lanier. The beauty is breathtaking! However, the water adds lots of difficulty to your game. My only negative is that the rough needs to be mowed more often. It’s really a ball eater!

Sugar Hill, Georgia
4.2096941176
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Duluth, Georgia
Hoschton, Georgia
Dacula, Georgia

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.